1. KimM.
    Mar 6, 2003
    This film was great, an ideal for living :)
  2. ChrisA.
    Mar 20, 2007
    This movie is amazing. It has great inside jokes and is bursting with awkwardness. Basically, if they had tried harder this film could not have been better. The only reason people don't like it is because they lack the creativty to identify with characters that have techniques such as "the seed of doubt." That is brilliant!
  3. WestonS.
    Feb 11, 2002
    Not comic genius, but definitely not as bad as everyone said. I laughed more than I scoffed. And it was original, too, in my opinion. Any movie with a hair doll is good in my book.
  4. JakeT.
    Feb 6, 2002
    Who cares just how badly the critics hated this movie?? You thought it would be a hit with the critics, Chris? Let it go, my man, and just go see the damned thing. I had more than a few laughs with it...
  5. PatM.
    Sep 28, 2002
    Great movie. cool ethan is a classic character and the trio is a winning combiniation. i laughed many times.
  6. JeremyM.
    Jan 13, 2003
    This was a great film. Good plot and very comical. I laughed my damn ass off!! and i really like bums.
  7. AugustusG.
    Jan 6, 2003
    Three???? I'm sorry but really - parts of this movie were hilarious. I almost split my gut. Could it have been the pot?
  8. StephM.
    Jan 12, 2005
    My favorite movie ever.
  9. EvA.
    Nov 1, 2006
    This movie may be crude and limited, but looks at it's following. There is obviously a chemistry between the cast members that draws new fans with every viewing.
  10. EmilyJ.
    Nov 3, 2002
    I dont know whats wrong with everyone. this movie rules.
  11. TylerK.
    Jun 13, 2002
    I feal clean after seeing this move It makes me feel kim clean.
  12. deeeekchowdah
    Oct 29, 2003
    Screw all you haters!!!! If you didnt like this movie your a .... Come on!!! This is one of the best movies since Gone with the Wind. What the hell am are I talking about? : )
  13. DyanaD.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I don't know about that person that said any intelligent person would not enjoy this movie, because i work hard at stuff..and am considered very intelligent, and i love this movie. it's just about sense of humor...random stuff is the best!
  14. Mar 27, 2015
    Was just shocked to find Slackers in the "bottom 50 movies of the century" list. This is a great comedy. It's definitely a b-movie, but it has a ton of laughs, and bizarre performances. My sister and I still quote this movie to this day.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 28 Critics

1. The gags are familiar collegiate stuff, involving horny young men, horny old whores -- horny young tramps -- silly foreigners, uptight authority figures, homosexuals and sassy fat women.
  2. How bad is it? Let me count just some of the ways.
  3. A dirty movie. Not a sexy, erotic, steamy or even smutty movie, but a just plain dirty movie. It made me feel unclean, and I'm the guy who liked "There's Something About Mary" and both "American Pie" movies.