4.6

1. Dec 2, 2011
    Despite being a film that abuses of silence, recurrence and plans extremely long (the joint that gives a consistency that borders on the unbearable, and maybe that's the intention of the director), Sleeping Beauty did not cause me sleep, or made me uncomfortable, but arrested my attention in hopes of a turnaround, a start who was Lucy. I have seen the majority of Emily movies, and I shallDespite being a film that abuses of silence, recurrence and plans extremely long (the joint that gives a consistency that borders on the unbearable, and maybe that's the intention of the director), Sleeping Beauty did not cause me sleep, or made me uncomfortable, but arrested my attention in hopes of a turnaround, a start who was Lucy. I have seen the majority of Emily movies, and I shall say this is one of her best performances, judging first by the girl's age which is surprising. Nevertheless, still she has some things to learn: it was possible to notice her movements as she slept, movements, apparently, someone who is awake . Pay attention to the uncomfortable scene of the bald old man licking her face.

The direction of Julia Leigh is good and certainly safe, the almost complete absence of soundtrack only adds raw to the aspect of the film, the photography is excellent, the direction a little piece of art though. But the sticking point of the work of Julia Leigh lives in the script, right? Well, certainly Julia doesnâ
  2. Oct 25, 2012
    It's not a great movie but it has a lot a things that makes we think about... It's a very complex movie. At the first time I get myself pissed with the end... Although later I enjoy and kind like those questions not answered... it makes us break up our mind... That's nice.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    I know, I know this is supposed to be an art house film. But I actually found it pretty boring & ended up fast forwarding through most of it. My curse is that once I've started a movie I'm usually curious enough to want ot know the ending. But I got to the ending of this movie & thought: that's it?

1. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Dec 27, 2011
    Novelist-turned-director Leigh's dryly efficient style is perched between the matter-of-fact and the impossibly arty.
    At its simple core, Sleeping Beauty is a perfectly pitched chamber piece about the menace of voluntary oblivion.
  3. Reviewed by: Sheri Linden
    Dec 9, 2011
    As repellent as Lucy's story can be, its mystery has a seductive sway, and it does add up to more than the sum of its insistently elliptical parts.