8.5

1. Dec 4, 2012
    The best movie with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp working together (except for possibly Edward Scissorhands). This puts a modern and dark spin on the old Hallowe'en tale. The aesthetics are creepy and the performances of the actors and actresses are great. The story is great. Johnny Depp is absolutely excellent in his role as Ichabod. This movie was an instant classic the day it was released.
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    Fresh spin on the classic story. Love the contemporary twist. After watching the pilot episode, I am now intrigued and committed to watching the next few episodes. Good writing, good acting, great imagination, all the ingredients for potential greatness. Hopefully, the series lives up to this great pilot.
  3. Jun 23, 2013
    A fun horror film with with fun visuals but not lacking for a good story. A pretty good job staying true to the original tale, but it is very dark which adds a really sense of evil in the headless horseman.
  4. Nov 7, 2014
    We all know that Tim Burton is the master of goth and shock especially his films that are classic like Edward Scissor hands , Beetle Juice , Nightmare before christmas and Ed Wood). But Burton was a master of horror with " Sleepy Hollow" and based on the short story by Washington Iriving the visions of Burton and co- producer/headless horse men effect Kevin Yagher resurrected theWe all know that Tim Burton is the master of goth and shock especially his films that are classic like Edward Scissor hands , Beetle Juice , Nightmare before christmas and Ed Wood). But Burton was a master of horror with " Sleepy Hollow" and based on the short story by Washington Iriving the visions of Burton and co- producer/headless horse men effect Kevin Yagher resurrected the Iriving's story and put it perfectly in Burton anf Yagher's vision. Grade A + BEST TIM BURTON FILM EVER ! Expand
  5. Jul 13, 2014
    Sleepy Hollow has great effects and acting in a creepily effective tale. The whole movie is exciting,
    refreshing and every moment is enjoyable. If you're looking for a epic horror thriller, Sleepy Hollow
    will satisfy your palate.
  6. MarkS.
    Jul 5, 2006
    Really enjoyed this. Worth owning. Visually brilliant, acting is high quality all the way through.
  7. EmmabelE.
    Nov 29, 2006
    One of the most greatest films I have ever watched...Its like the twin movie of dracula... Combination of fun,romance and horror.
  8. HannahH.
    Sep 19, 2006
    I loved this movie! Almost everything was perfect, besides a few things that the editor should have caught, but I suppose every movie has that.
  9. Jan 3, 2014
    Tim Burton o rei das coisas esquisitas porém esse seu toque pessoal transforma suas películas deixando as únicas esse foi caso desse filme que com certeza o visual sombrio da um ar de beleza.
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    Tim Burton has brought this timeless classic to life! "Sleepy Hollow" is a very fine film, with horrific delights, a touch of romance, and witty humor. I was very impressed with the cinematography and the elaborate costumes in this film. Also, the music and sound effects complimented this frightening and legendary story of the murderous Headless Horseman. Overall, I believe this is anTim Burton has brought this timeless classic to life! "Sleepy Hollow" is a very fine film, with horrific delights, a touch of romance, and witty humor. I was very impressed with the cinematography and the elaborate costumes in this film. Also, the music and sound effects complimented this frightening and legendary story of the murderous Headless Horseman. Overall, I believe this is an excellent film and will definitely be remembered as a landmark in the thriller/horror genre of film. Expand
  11. j30
    Jan 30, 2012
    Sleepy Hollow is a visually brilliant piece of work from Tim Burton, but other than that I can't say there's anything I like about the movie. It's not particularly scary, thought-provoking, or extremely well acted. The film as a whole is just OK, but worth every penny for it's visuals.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Johnny Depps performance and Tim Burtons deeply stylish imagery manage to salvage the inane plot and over the top action sequences which act as nothing but a relentless and un-exciting barage on the senses. All the characters beyond the lead are flat and some great actors (Michael Gambon among them) are not given the screen time they deserve. On a better note, fans of Danny Elfman will beJohnny Depps performance and Tim Burtons deeply stylish imagery manage to salvage the inane plot and over the top action sequences which act as nothing but a relentless and un-exciting barage on the senses. All the characters beyond the lead are flat and some great actors (Michael Gambon among them) are not given the screen time they deserve. On a better note, fans of Danny Elfman will be pleased with his epic soundtrack. Sleepy Hollow is dumb eye candy, but should keep you nicely entertained, just dont expect to remember much about it 5 minutes after its over Expand
  13. Nov 30, 2013
    I don't understand why some people(directors) like to spoil a perfect location+perfect cinematography+jack sparrow(I know that is not his real name) with a pathetic story line..its neither a horror nor a comedy movie,its one of those fantasy ones I think(never enjoyed those).The story starts off on a promising note,the location too makes you believe that you are in for a thrill and mysteryI don't understand why some people(directors) like to spoil a perfect location+perfect cinematography+jack sparrow(I know that is not his real name) with a pathetic story line..its neither a horror nor a comedy movie,its one of those fantasy ones I think(never enjoyed those).The story starts off on a promising note,the location too makes you believe that you are in for a thrill and mystery ride but all your expectations come crashing down after next 20 minutes,tops.Its a ride of disappointments where in each turn reminds you to curse yourself for wasting 2 precious hrs of your life on this one.You wont enjoy this one if you are a big fan of the women in black,insidious etc..you know,real horror stuff,the one that would make you wet your own pants. Collapse
  14. DaleC.
    Apr 3, 2001
    Tim Burton is a friggen genious. He brings such style to this kind of movie. What would we do without visionaries like this guy?
  15. KateK.
    Mar 6, 2004
    This was a great movie! I hated the stupid blood scenes but it was a great mystery and suspense. Johny Depp was great.
  16. DaveC.
    Jun 26, 2004
    All in all Sleepy Hollow is a very well crafted, visually accomplished, well paced, entertaining film that is simply lacking in emotional involvement. All of these characters are dull as Hell. For Burton's best films, seek out Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Batman, Edward Scossorhands and most of all Ed Wood. Die hard Burton fans won't be disappointed as this film carries most of All in all Sleepy Hollow is a very well crafted, visually accomplished, well paced, entertaining film that is simply lacking in emotional involvement. All of these characters are dull as Hell. For Burton's best films, seek out Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Batman, Edward Scossorhands and most of all Ed Wood. Die hard Burton fans won't be disappointed as this film carries most of his trademarks, whether or not this sounds appealing to anyone else I leave up to them. Expand
  17. KatrinaK.
    Oct 10, 2002
    Sleepy Hollow is the best movie ever made.
  18. AnnR.
    Feb 12, 2002
    It is good movie.
  19. RickJ.G.
    May 18, 2003
    I saw this on the day of its opening in theaters. I wish I had caught it a second time. Will have to wait until I get a DVD player.
  20. YoonC.
    Sep 21, 2003
    Rollercoaster ride that's all downhill with dumb shock serving as suspense and garish cartoon gothic masquerading as art design. Technical wizardry in the service of hollow thrills.
  21. RandyB
    Jul 10, 2005
    A sumptuous, imaginative, and creepy telling of Irving's short story. Not only are Depp and Ricci perfect, but the rest of the cast are magnificent as well, especially Miranda Richardson as the one behind the Horseman's rampage. It may be gory and dark, but the film was the most beautiful to watch of its year, and at the two times when the atmosphere isn't full of shadows A sumptuous, imaginative, and creepy telling of Irving's short story. Not only are Depp and Ricci perfect, but the rest of the cast are magnificent as well, especially Miranda Richardson as the one behind the Horseman's rampage. It may be gory and dark, but the film was the most beautiful to watch of its year, and at the two times when the atmosphere isn't full of shadows are just as beautifully shot as the lightning and menacing trees of the rest of it. Expand
  22. KennyZ.
    Oct 19, 2001
    I thought this movie was brilliant. It had a wonderful plot, amazing dialouge that showed you when it was taking place. Excelent cinematography, and a wonderful cast. I LOVED this movie!!!
  23. ZachP.
    Aug 28, 2002
    The best horror film in a while. Johnny Depp is perfectly cast as the somewhat eccentric Crane, and Christina Ricci finally throws off the teen thing and proves she can do adult roles much better. This movie is capital-V Violent, and capital-C Creepy. Perfect with the lights out and plenty of popcorn.
  24. GaborA.
    Dec 6, 2004
    Not all the clever directing and good acting can cover up the fact that this is your typical hollywood thriller equiped with cliche ending and all the plot flaws that come with that.
  25. sarahb.
    Jul 23, 2005
    This is the best movie ever!! i love it soo much!!!
  26. Jan 3, 2015
    Almost a dream like implementation, which somehow suits the movie. Thrilling, scary (well, one could work on the visual side, but let's allow it to slide, for now), humorous and intriguing. Johnny Depp is his charming self, carrying the movie on with ease. Things unfold nicely, but not too easily, and not hastily, either.
  27. Mar 1, 2015
    This one's negatives do outweigh its positives, but its strengths are really stupendous. Where some things falter, the main consistencies here would have to be the costume design, production design, and the cinematography. All add together to make this a visually striking and beautiful film. I may not have loved the film, but I really wanted to, if only for those elements being so strong.This one's negatives do outweigh its positives, but its strengths are really stupendous. Where some things falter, the main consistencies here would have to be the costume design, production design, and the cinematography. All add together to make this a visually striking and beautiful film. I may not have loved the film, but I really wanted to, if only for those elements being so strong. In addition, this one is very good at mood setting, as it feels dark, disturbing, and creepy throughout. However, this mood does get upset by one of the main negatives of this film; the acting. The acting from everyone is poor at best. I expected a lot better from Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci, but their performances felt entirely wooden and emotionless, even worse when they did put in emotion, it felt entirely over the top. The added in demonic elements were also entirely off-putting and came off as forced. Finally, the special effects lacked at times. A lot of the time, the special effects were extremely cool and well done (everything with the tree), but a lot of the time, they fell flat and just looked overly stylized and fake. As a whole, Sleepy Hollow rides on its visual splendor, but is nothing more than eye candy unfortunately. Expand
  28. Jan 16, 2015
    Johnny Depp E Christopher Walken arrasam com seus personagens.Um dos melhores filmes de Tim Burton,um puta filme de terror Tim Burton sabe fazer terror também. Contém cenas brilhantes como Ichabod lutando de espada com o cavaleiro,e a fuga final.
  29. Apr 17, 2015
    Tim Burton delivers a fantastic tale of the legendary Sleepy Hollow, which, though not without its flaws, manages to be a thoroughly entertaining program.

In Burton's hands, Washington Irving's spooky classic is reincarnated as an overripe, grisly Goth cartoon.
    Burton's films are endearing and impassioned despite the fact that they generally fail to tell a whole story, create a single rounded character, or inspire even mild laughs or chills.
    Flawed at its core but stunning nonetheless.