5.8

1. AL
    Jan 20, 2008
    One of the worst movies I have ever seen. If you like this shit your intelligence level is very very low. I didn´t laugh once.
  2. DA
    Jan 14, 2008
    Don't waste your time, this was a horrible movie.
  3. spam
    Jan 10, 2008
    This movie was horrible, stupid, and boring. I cannot believe the favorable reviews it has received. I'm a former pothead and thought it would be cool. I have lost faith in movie critics. I thought Heartbreak Kid (Ben Stiller) was a much better movie with a metascore in the 40s vs. this waste of time that received a 76. Even stoned, I'm pretty sure I would hate this movie.
  4. TrentP
    Jan 20, 2008
    This was horrible from the start. It reminded me of one of those grade school movies telling kids what happens to you on drugs and why not to take them.
  5. JonL.
    Jan 25, 2008
    This is by FAR The worst movie ever. Gregg Araki should be taken out back and shot. I have read many glowing reviews of this movie and I dont get it. I couldnt stand how annoying Anna Farris was. She blew. Araki has succeded in making pot heads out to look like complete losers. Nothing of her high/trip was ever believable even if she was smoking crack, this crap could never happen. If she This is by FAR The worst movie ever. Gregg Araki should be taken out back and shot. I have read many glowing reviews of this movie and I dont get it. I couldnt stand how annoying Anna Farris was. She blew. Araki has succeded in making pot heads out to look like complete losers. Nothing of her high/trip was ever believable even if she was smoking crack, this crap could never happen. If she was on a sheet of LSD i think MaYbE she would be forgiven for being a fucking retard, This movie COMPLETY BLOWS. When it was over I Cheered, yet felt I was robbed 1hr1/2 of my life. Dont waste your time. To all you writing these glowing reviews, WTF are you all thinking? Is akari paying you all?????? Expand
  6. LouiseG.
    Jan 4, 2008
    Now, I love Anna Faris, hence the rating of 2 and not 0. She was fabulous in "Just Friends" with Ryan Reynolds and I support her 100%. Indeed, the movie may have been made to showcase her talents, as one of the critics muses, but the problem is that Greg Araki is a flub who seems to mysteriously string along collaboration from big names; tricking everyone into thinking the project is Now, I love Anna Faris, hence the rating of 2 and not 0. She was fabulous in "Just Friends" with Ryan Reynolds and I support her 100%. Indeed, the movie may have been made to showcase her talents, as one of the critics muses, but the problem is that Greg Araki is a flub who seems to mysteriously string along collaboration from big names; tricking everyone into thinking the project is worthwhile. Call it mass psycho-delusionism... THAT, my friends, is Greg Araki's true talent. WE can't forget that movies are these huge, incredibly complicated collaborative efforts, how is it possible that he can convince investors with such a poor script?? How talented people can willingly agree to participate in a collaborative effort of this magnitude is beyond me. Maybe Greg Araki is unbelievably good looking, maybe his movies are a way for producers and publicists to punish stars that have been naughty somehow, maybe he threatens with violence.... regardless, the surrealism of all his projects (I have seen them all, out of sheer curiosity....) always gives me major loser syndrome; translation: I feel ashamed to be watching. This script in particular is so poorly adapted to the screen that it leaves you wondering if you've gone mad. His abstract concepts and useless dialogue are filler for an endless barrage of gimmicky filmamking that is always a step or 2 behind the true rookie scriptwriters. The last 10 minutes in particular are so grating and incomprehensible, I think my IQ dropped a few points, and I now have wrinkles from furrowing my brow. I can never get those back. Expand
  7. PanchoV.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Contrary to what this movie tries to contend not all stoners are retarted. This movie completely lacks finesse. Once thing it has going for it, I guess, is that it has decent music.
  8. ScottT.
    Feb 2, 2008
    Unwatchable. One of the worst movies I've seen over the course of the last year. I wish I had checked out the non-critic reviews before I rented this waste of time. I found myself laughing at the movie as opposed to with it.
  9. AndyA
    Jan 14, 2008
    If the image of Lucille Ball, (sorry kids, gotta look it up) drunk trying to imitate somebody high on pot, badly, sounds entertaining to you, see Smiley Face. It takes more than a twisted mouth held agape for ninety minutes uttering predictable dialog to make a space cadet movie. This movie seemed more like another dislocated attempt by the local police in thwarting teenage substance If the image of Lucille Ball, (sorry kids, gotta look it up) drunk trying to imitate somebody high on pot, badly, sounds entertaining to you, see Smiley Face. It takes more than a twisted mouth held agape for ninety minutes uttering predictable dialog to make a space cadet movie. This movie seemed more like another dislocated attempt by the local police in thwarting teenage substance abuse. And that Expand
  10. RickA
    Jan 18, 2008
    I am a generally a fan of slapstick humor, teenage comedy and pot smoking so I was looking forward to this movie. Unfortunately it is so stupid and overacted with no sense of realism that at one point I actually thought to myself perhaps this was paid for by advocates for anti-drug use.
  11. JeffG
    Jan 26, 2008
    This movie was so bad, I think I should be able to sue the critics assembled here. While I usually love Ferris, this movie is so far beneath every actor in it. Terrible script, terrible direction and poorly shot. A movie about a stoned actress living in L.A., wow, that took a lot of time to think of.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Total rubbish, not in the less bit funny. If you want a stoner film watch Cheech And Chong. A film not in worthily of going straight to bittorrent.

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    A sterling space cadet performance by Anna Faris floats the genial if slight pothead comedy Smiley Face, a distaff "Dude, Where's My Car?"
  2. Reviewed by: Zack Haddad
    This movie is all over the place. One giant discombobulated stoner trip that goes from one obscure adventure to another. And you know what? It is quite a fun, odd journey.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Uproarious pothead comedy.