5.8

1. JoshF.
    Nov 20, 2007
    As a viewer/pothead who caught this one at sundance and has been waiting to see it again (to see if I can remember it a little better next time when I haven't eaten "special" brownies before hand) I recommend this feature highly. It was an interesting twist when the movie started and I thought I was projecting the experience I was having onto the film. From the bit I can recall (a As a viewer/pothead who caught this one at sundance and has been waiting to see it again (to see if I can remember it a little better next time when I haven't eaten "special" brownies before hand) I recommend this feature highly. It was an interesting twist when the movie started and I thought I was projecting the experience I was having onto the film. From the bit I can recall (a big bit, actually) it was hilarious and dead on for the modern day LA pothead. 4.20 thumbs up (out of a possible 4.20). Expand
  2. JebM.
    Feb 4, 2008
    So dumb funny its smart, Smiley Face makes fun of the stoner within while reveling in the stupidness. I laughed out loud so many times and thought "oh that's cleverly relevant to the marijuana culture." Anna Faris is great as always, playing a character totally unrelateable yet recognizable in our culture and our friends. If you didn't like this movie its because you take your So dumb funny its smart, Smiley Face makes fun of the stoner within while reveling in the stupidness. I laughed out loud so many times and thought "oh that's cleverly relevant to the marijuana culture." Anna Faris is great as always, playing a character totally unrelateable yet recognizable in our culture and our friends. If you didn't like this movie its because you take your weed way too seriously or you don't get it at all. Expand
  3. neon
    Dec 9, 2007
    This actress deserves a special oscar for best stoned performance ever. Very funny and a definite contact high.
  4. markf
    Jan 18, 2008
    Funny as hell - I saw it high and it was really funny. Much better than half baked.
  5. Stephanie
    Jan 21, 2008
    Haha funniest movie ever. I seriously laughed through out the whole thing and I was completely sober. Anyone who doesnt find this movie funny is obviously lacking a sense of humor.
  6. CesarA.
    May 20, 2008
    This movie is the best ever! Aif u are a true stoner its all about you! its poking fun at the true stoner life and I am so glad I saw it, and still am forever this is my favorite way better than "super bad".
  7. HansR.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Very funny. Anna Faris is hilarious in this role and John Krasinski nails it.
  8. Mar 12, 2011
    This movie is one of my favorites. I bought it after the first time I saw it. It has an awesome cast and the movie is hilarious. Anna Faris is always so funny and this movie is so different, and so much fun. You apparently have to get the humor because I find this movie to be hilarious. Check it out!

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    A sterling space cadet performance by Anna Faris floats the genial if slight pothead comedy Smiley Face, a distaff "Dude, Where's My Car?"
  2. Reviewed by: Zack Haddad
    This movie is all over the place. One giant discombobulated stoner trip that goes from one obscure adventure to another. And you know what? It is quite a fun, odd journey.
  3. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Uproarious pothead comedy.