5.9

1. Feb 26, 2013
    I almost vomited from boredom. Same plot as always. Same cheap tricks. When are these hollywood film makers going to start catering to smart, compassionate people? They're oiling a machine that's destroying our planet. Makes me sick, literally.
  2. Mar 4, 2013
    Slow and tedious. Don't waste your money. 10 minutes of action at the end but before that it is a talking movie for almost the whole time. It feels like Dwayne Johnson fit this movie into his schedule. The script was hacked together by committee. Yes, I felt like I was ripped off. Don't pay good money, see it on TV if you are interested in a year.
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    Complete boredom. I tried so hard to get through this movie The Rock was so miscasted it is ridiculous. 5 Minutes of action in the entire movie and I think I may be pushing it.
  4. Jul 9, 2013
    Let me start by saying that this is probably the best Dwayne Johnson performance in his career which is why its a shame that its in this monotonous crime thriller. Snitch is the story of what happens when John Matthews (Johnson) finds out his son has been arrested for distributing drugs. Matthews decides he must infiltrate a drug ring to bring someone to justice to truncate his sons prison sentence but this may ultimately ruin everything he has ever built. At the beginning of Snitch you are reminded that this is a film based on actual events and then these supposed real life people go on to do some of the most ridiculous things in the name of family and justice that you find it ever so hard to believe that this has any standing in reality. The film splits its time between two families, one being John's family, the other belongs to one of John's employees, Daniel (Jon Bernthal), an ex con looking for a second chance for him and his family. The film feels no desire to discuss or even talk about these characters lives or how they got to this place, instead it lets the viewer fill in the gaps thanks to vague hints dolled out in increments over the course of the film. This allows you to make your own story for them but it also changes very little to do with the film making it lazy storytelling at best. As stated above this is a film grounded by a strong central performance by Johnson but the films slow pace and nonsensical storytelling makes it impossible to enjoy as the characters don't do normal logical things and they have not really been given any character traits to suggest they might even consider doing this. The end therefore leaves you unsatisfied and if your anything like me, quite a bit confused Expand
  5. Feb 23, 2013
    Snitch tries to show sympathy but ends up going off-topic with uneeded plot material.
  6. Jun 12, 2013
    Boring! Most scenes shot in the dark. Not worth the money. Dozed off during the first half. Dwayne Johnson is better than this. It's not worth rating. If I had to I'd rate it "D" for DULL.
  7. Jul 14, 2013
    This movie was just a really long bore. I mean going into this movie I thought that this movie would be action packed and exciting but it was just the exact opposite. I mean The Rock's performance was not to good but John Bernthal's performance surpassed that of The Rock's in my opinion. All the movie is is just an hour long drug deal. The best part of the movie was the ending just because it has the most action in it and it is also a happy ending. Don't have too much to say on this one.
    Overall: 4.75/10
  8. Nov 1, 2013
    Not the action promised. Johnson had a mediocre performance, but the kid had a great performance, to me. I didn't really feel any suspense or thrill either.

1. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Jun 21, 2013
    Neither clever nor stupid enough to work.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jun 21, 2013
    Good intentions are all but submerged in nonsense.
  3. Reviewed by: James White
    Apr 1, 2013
    While not the balls-out action movie the marketing suggests, this Rock-powered family drama is not with its moments.