6.0

1. Feb 22, 2013
    Snitch is a great film, the badasses are setting aside the hot cars and woman but instead they are saving family in a badass way. Dwayne Johnson is awesome because of his pumped up muscles, I am a big movie fan and this guy is the best body builder ever leaving Arnold S. Ric Roman Waugh has said it's a true story, but I don't think this ever happened... Maybe he is right. Well overall,Snitch is a great film, the badasses are setting aside the hot cars and woman but instead they are saving family in a badass way. Dwayne Johnson is awesome because of his pumped up muscles, I am a big movie fan and this guy is the best body builder ever leaving Arnold S. Ric Roman Waugh has said it's a true story, but I don't think this ever happened... Maybe he is right. Well overall, Snitch is a great edge of your seat ride. 8/10! Expand
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    This isn't your typical action movie. You aren't going to see bullets constantly flying, you aren't going to hear cheesy one-liners, and the heroes aren't going to walk away unscathed. That's what makes "Snitch" so great. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson gives a fantastic performance, if not occasionally lacking enough emotion, and Jon Bernthal (Shane from The Walking Dead!) is fantastic. TheThis isn't your typical action movie. You aren't going to see bullets constantly flying, you aren't going to hear cheesy one-liners, and the heroes aren't going to walk away unscathed. That's what makes "Snitch" so great. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson gives a fantastic performance, if not occasionally lacking enough emotion, and Jon Bernthal (Shane from The Walking Dead!) is fantastic. The plot is realistic and really pulls you in. As a matter of a fact the whole movie is realistic, and that's what separates it from other movies and helps keep it tense and enjoyable. It's just a fantastic movie, the casting couldn't have been better, and constantly keeping you worried that not every character will walk away is something I haven't seen in many movies. "Snitch" is amazing and I highly recommend it. Expand
  3. Feb 24, 2013
    It's first act could use a little sprucing up, but everything else about this movie shines bright: colorful characters, thrilling action/tension, and a devoted lead performance from Dwayne Johnson.
  4. Jul 16, 2013
    A pretty good film with really solid character development. This is not a normal action film there is a lot of very dramatic moments. Nothing special but it's just a solid film. B
  5. Jun 15, 2013
    Dwyane Johnson proves once again that he's become a surprisingly versatile actor and capable of being the leading guy in Snitch, a very good movie that was suspenseful, intense, and emotionally driven. Barry Pepper, Susan Sarandon, and formerly of the Walking Dead John Bernthal provide a great supporting cast but The Rock leads the way in a movie about how far a father is willing to go toDwyane Johnson proves once again that he's become a surprisingly versatile actor and capable of being the leading guy in Snitch, a very good movie that was suspenseful, intense, and emotionally driven. Barry Pepper, Susan Sarandon, and formerly of the Walking Dead John Bernthal provide a great supporting cast but The Rock leads the way in a movie about how far a father is willing to go to protect his son. I wasn't a huge fan of some of the camera work and other cinematic effects but there's nothing overdone about this film and that's actually a good thing. The story develops well and is enough to keep you engaged without the need of excessive explosions or anything else. This isn't actually an action movie and just about any other quality actor could've played the role of John Matthews but as I said, the fact that Dwyane Johnson did it well shows how far he's come. Between his role in Fast & Furious 6, his recent comeback on WWE, his new shot on TNT "The Hero", and this leading role, Dwyane Johnson seems to be everywhere right now but he's performed his roles well so that's not a bad thing. Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2013
    "Snitch is no-where near originality or up to par with the Rock's other action flicks, but entertaining enough to the point where if you can get past the flaws, there are many, you may actually find enjoyment out of this easily forgettable action film." B
  7. Jul 11, 2013
    Had me intrigued till the preposterous and unnecessary action-heavy finale. And even though it gets a little preachy towards the end, this is some fine dramatic work and Johnson's performance is more than solid.
  8. Mar 4, 2013
    Snitch wasn't a bad movie. I just did not think it was as good as it wanted me to think it was. This is no "Faster" or "GI-Joe". Dwayne Johnson tries to play a simple man in over his head. Unfortunately his pecs the size of the Brooklyn Bridge make it a little less convincing. Like I said not bad, but compared to the abysmal spring 2013 movie season this thing is a masterpiece!!!!
  9. Mar 16, 2013
    This was a decent movie with a good story and realistic action sequences. At times it seems a little absurd (father with another daughter and wife going to such lengths for his son and ex-wife...) but overall I enjoyed it. Note that this is not an action movie but more of a drama.
  10. Sep 7, 2013
    After hearing little about Snitch in the media, I wasn't sure if this was going to be a movie worth two hours of my life. As I was typing this review, I learned that the movie only made 42 million dollars in the box office. I was rather surprised by this considering Grown Ups pulled in a whopping roughly seven and a half times more than that. (300 Million)

Snitch began showing John

Snitch began showing John Matthews' (Dwayne Johnson) son, Jason Collins,(Rafi Gavron) who is agreeing to get shipped some illegal drugs and "hold them" until his friend can come pick them up. When the package comes, he opens it and then sees a tracker in the bottom of the box. When cops arrive he is already running away and then gets captured and goes into custody. By this time I already liked the movie because we learned what the movie was about and the problem that would try to be fixed, within the first ten minutes of the film. After meeting federal prosecutor, Caroline Keeghan (Susan Sarandon), John learns that he can try to bust other drug dealers to reduce his son’s sentence.

After getting beaten up, money stolen, and his truck almost hijacked all on the first try, he goes back to meet with Keeghan. John meets with a former gang member Daniel, who works for him at his company. Daniel agrees to help and they go to a bad part of town to begin. They meet Malik, (Michael Kenneth Williams) who does not know he is being recorded. If he gets Malik and the drugs, she will reduce Jason's sentence to two years, one year suspended. Daniel thinks this who thing is real and does not recognize John's agents trailing them.

After John gets home for the night he has a stressful conversation with his wife Analisa. John says that "Every move I make, or don't make, Jason will have to live with for the next ten years of his life." I thought this was the most powerful part of the movie. I thought about this quote for a while and think it was very important. John basically said that if he doesn't do anything, his son will be in prison for ten years of his life. If he does do something, though he is risking his life, he is helping his son get out faster. What John does impacts how Jason's life turns out. John makes an even bigger deal with Keeghan that will assure instant release of Jason with the arrest of "El Topo" and the drug money.

Without giving away the rest of the movie, though I correctly predicted how it would end, I still thought it was a solid film and was very underrated. To me, it does not make sense that an Adam Sandler comedy made so much more than a high end action thriller with a 35 million dollar budget. I thought that Dwayne's acting was top notch in this movie and he was the perfect person to play the father. I was reluctant to see Snitch but am glad I took the time and thought the film paid off.
  11. Apr 9, 2013
    This is a good movie, and a bit of a surprise. It is well-acted and well-paced. It sits somewhere between blockbuster and indie territory, which might explain the mixed reviews. With that being said, it is an engaging drama and well worth watching. It is very comparable to The Yards in feel and quality.
  12. Mar 2, 2013
    This is a more genteel Dwayne Johnson than were used to and paired with the recent leap in his acting ability it's been good to see 'The Rock' alter ego finally (and successfully)go to the great Smackdown in the sky and the new and improved "Thespian" flourish. I've been enjoying (and occasionally cringing at) his action movies since he started acting. There has of course been otherThis is a more genteel Dwayne Johnson than were used to and paired with the recent leap in his acting ability it's been good to see 'The Rock' alter ego finally (and successfully)go to the great Smackdown in the sky and the new and improved "Thespian" flourish. I've been enjoying (and occasionally cringing at) his action movies since he started acting. There has of course been other athletes who've tried and failed at the crossover but Dwayne Johnson has come up through the ranks and has made me take notice. Strangely, I just saw 'Faster (2010)' a few days ago for the first time, and was taken aback at his rock steady performance (no pun intended) doing an hard action movie with very little dialogue and saying more in those few words than all his other films put together. It was good and he's done it again. I remember thinking similar things about Mr Marky Mark and I think Mr Wahlberg is a tremendous actor now. I just remembered, Marky and Rock (Y?) were in 'The Other Guys' together, lol. It's been directed by former stuntman Ric Roman Waugh who gave us the reasonable prison flick 'Felon'. This is a more stylish movie than his others and he seems to be one of those people who has to work hard at his job. You know the way P T Anderson or Tarantino just seem to know where the camera should go? Well most need to start small and work up so were seeing Ric Roman Waugh about a third of the way up the directing ladder. He is purty promising though.

The bottom line is, this has some good performances, it's got a good and interesting (Susan Sarandon) cast, the pacing is not as smooth as it could be, particularly in the slow middle but it's been done on a budget of $15 million which it's just pulled back in it's first week. I guess that says it all really. Highly Recommended Score: 7.2/10 N∆V navq@ymail.com
  13. May 22, 2013
    One of the few action movies I've seen recently that manages to make all the events seem plausible. Believable motivation and believeable action. Dwayne Johnson has a few "off moments" in regards to his acting but they are few & far between.
  14. Feb 25, 2013
    This is perhaps one of Dwayne Johnson's better movies and Susan Sarandon is good as district attorney Joanne Keegan. This movie adds emotion with hardcore action making it slightly better then most Dwayne Johnson movies. However it did start off slowly and it gradually started picking up and taking off to become a good movie. Overall it is actually a decent movie.
  15. Mar 10, 2013
    Some movies are I find are over rated here on Meta Critic, some under rated. I believe this movie is vastly under rated for men. For women, I can understand why you might not like this movie. But for men... I believe most will enjoy it. Suspenseful through out, good directing, good cinematography, and good editing. Chase scene is not over or under done nice.
  16. Mar 1, 2013
    It starts off telling a story about how a stupid pothead was setup by his friend and was caught by the po-po. The action scenes are similar to that of your typical action film like Die Hard. The effects were well done. Dwayne Johnson did a good job in this movie and it was nice seeing Jon Bernthal who did a great job in TWD. Overall a good film but nothing special.
  17. Mar 16, 2013
    Snitch was very nice since it is based on a true story. It has a good plot and Dwayne Johnson is just the perfect person for that role. I rated it 9 out of 10 because it was a little bit complicated at its middle and there are some non-skilled cast in the movie.
  18. May 31, 2013
    A teenager is wrongly accused of a drug distribution crime and faces 10 years minimum unless he can 'snitch' on the dealers, his Father (The Rock!) sets up a deal with the FBI to crack a Mexican drugs cartel to free the boy.

I've got to admit I was expecting a "Rock action movie" looking at the poster, and yes the finale does include an exciting high speed chase and shoot out, but for the most part it's more drama, well acted by the cast, which includes Susan Sarandon and the excellent John Bernthal (Walking Dead), and kudos to Dwayne Johnson, a much more downbeat dramatic performance from the big man, he doesn't play the usual wisecracking, ass kicker we're so used to. (check out "Walking Tall"-great fun)

A solid action drama, as I said, exciting finale, and plenty to recommend this pleasant surprise of a movie.
  19. May 27, 2013
    Not sure why this is getting a lot of negative reviews. Sure it is not going to win any oscars, but it's a solid thriller/action flick with the always charismatic Dwayne Johnson. A lot of thick suspense and great, et not over the top, action sequences. I enjoyed it.
  20. Oct 9, 2014
    Good movie. Loved the sex scene and when Tom Cruise jumped from that really cool skyscraper and the rock just drove his truck through the building and it transformed into optimus prime and it was just really awesome 11/10 but the score only goes to ten.

1. Reviewed by: Robbie Collin
    Jun 21, 2013
    Neither clever nor stupid enough to work.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jun 21, 2013
    Good intentions are all but submerged in nonsense.
  3. Reviewed by: James White
    Apr 1, 2013
    While not the balls-out action movie the marketing suggests, this Rock-powered family drama is not with its moments.