6.2

1. Jun 4, 2012
    Fantastic movie!!! I was not expecting it to be so good but I have to admit I was wrong!! Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron were beautiful and very strong acting from both!
  2. Jun 2, 2012
    Beautifully shot and very convincingly acted! Really enjoyed this take on the tale......so much better than previous attempts at adapting fairytales! I highly commend and recommend!
  3. Jun 2, 2012
    I loved Kristen, Charlize, Chris and Sam as well as the supporting characters! Very well done. The visuals are also stunning and the sets are wonderful.
  4. Jun 8, 2012
    Surprisingly I loved this movie and I was not expecting to! I loved the action and visuals and I was very impressed with the cast! Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth especially impressed me. They are far more than Bella and Thor!
  5. Jun 4, 2012
    I thought all the actors did a great job! Kristen, Charlize, Sam and Chris were all on top form! It was nice to see Kristen not be Bella and it was nice to see Chris not be Thor! They can do so much more!
  6. Jun 4, 2012
    Great movie! So much better than any other Grimm adaptation attempt! This one actually works!!! Rupert Sanders did a wonderful job with this old tale. The story has been reinvented but still holds true to the fundamental lesson of skin deep beauty.
  7. Jun 2, 2012
    I loved the movie! Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron were amazing! BTW, all the cast is! A very beautiful and well craft movie! It has its flaws on the script (a better constructed antagonists than the protagonists characters. If you didn't see any Kristen's interviews you can not almost understand Snow White character, her magic and why something happen after her scape.) and in theI loved the movie! Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron were amazing! BTW, all the cast is! A very beautiful and well craft movie! It has its flaws on the script (a better constructed antagonists than the protagonists characters. If you didn't see any Kristen's interviews you can not almost understand Snow White character, her magic and why something happen after her scape.) and in the editing (some well craft scenes lost some impact and intensity because it), but over all it gave me a heel of good time! Exceeded my expectations! Expand
  8. Jun 4, 2012
    This movie is very good and worth every penny. It was very well adapted and liked the fact that some things change. It has good effects, a story very accessible and very interesting, we holds the principle to an end. The cast is perfect, the longevity of the film very good, and the question is: Is it deserved note 57 of the film have? Obviously not. So it seems like a bad joke. It is anThis movie is very good and worth every penny. It was very well adapted and liked the fact that some things change. It has good effects, a story very accessible and very interesting, we holds the principle to an end. The cast is perfect, the longevity of the film very good, and the question is: Is it deserved note 57 of the film have? Obviously not. So it seems like a bad joke. It is an excellent movie in all aspects and highly recommended. Expand
  9. Jun 4, 2012
    I was dragged to this movie by my girlfriend and I thought I would hate it!! But I was wrong. It is actually a very nice piece of work and a very enjoyable movie. I would recommend it.
  10. Jun 4, 2012
    A wonderful movie with so many positives to point out. The actors did a great job and have great chemistry together. The director created a wonderful and unique World. The visuals are sharp and innovative. The story is nicely fleshed out.
  11. Jun 2, 2012
    Very impressive debut from Rupert Sanders. Beautiful scenery and beautiful cast. The best Grimm adaptation I have seen. Think it deserved a bit more love from certain critics actually.
  12. Jun 4, 2012
    I loved it! Though Charlize and Kristen were fantastic! Chalrize was wonderfully wicked and Kristen was innocently inspiring! Fantastic movie! Well done all!
  13. Jun 8, 2012
    Very good movie with solid performance from the main cast. They did a lot more with the limited story than I thought they could actually. I've got to give credit where it is due and it certainly is here.
  14. Jun 8, 2012
    Snow White was recommended to me by a friend as I was not going to see it. I am so glad she talked some sense in to me as I was completely entertained and enjoyed it very much!
  15. Jun 2, 2012
    Pretty awesome movie! Deserves a lot more credit than it is getting!! Rupert Sanders did a fantastic job of making a pretty simple story feel big! The actors were really very good too.
  16. Jun 6, 2012
    i loved the twist they've made, i loved the characters and ...and.... to be honest i loved everything in the movie , i watched it twice and i would do it again if i have the time :D
  17. Jun 4, 2012
    I agree with a lot of the comments here! The movie was so much better than one would think and Kristen Stewart is a far better actress than one gives her credit for!
  18. Jun 8, 2012
    Chris Hemsworth, Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron were all fantastic in this movie! They played their roles perfectly. I love that they had slight twists and tweeks to the story without completely changing it.
  19. Jun 8, 2012
    Overall a very good adaptation. I was surprised at how much they did with a limited story. They could perhaps have pushed it a little further but I was happy with the result.
  20. Jun 2, 2012
    Wonderful movie! So much better than I was expecting!!!!! The camera work, the scenery, the music, the story, the characters and the acting all came together to make a fantastic action movie that is family friendly!
  21. Jun 2, 2012
    Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart were amazing in this movie!! They were the perfect two sides of the one coin! Very enjoyable movie overall! Go see it!!!!
  22. Jun 2, 2012
    Wayyyyy better than I was expecting!!!!!!!!! I did not think Kristen Stewart especially could pull this off but I will admit I was completely wrong!! She played this part admirably and really made me believe in her as an actress!
  23. Jun 4, 2012
    I am very surprised at how well Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth did in this movie! Fair play to them...they have earned a new fan! They were badass in this movie!
  24. Jun 2, 2012
    I went to see this movie after all the positive word of mouth and I have to say I really enjoyed it !! Very glad I gave it a chance and would recommend others do too!
  25. Jun 2, 2012
    The only problem I had with this movie was that it was slightly too long! I was blown away by Ms Stewart and Ms Theron and Chris Hemsworth was surprisingly impressive too.
  26. Jun 11, 2012
    The problem of Snow White for me it was Snow White. I mean, if you get an average actress and put it her with over-the-top actors, all her flaws will come to be evident. That's what happen with Kirsten.
  27. Jun 1, 2012
    I will start with the main course: Charlize Theron, Oscar nomination please! his performance was incredible, masterful, his eyes struck, passed all the witch felt, that was the best! as clear that his good soundtrack, spectacular special effects, the picture was very good, so the movie was in all its flavor. Kirstin Stewart Nothing more! the role he was too big, not I bring nothing, Charlize ate!
  28. Jun 1, 2012
    I loved this movie Charlize Theron was fantastic Ian McShane , Bob Hoskins , Ray Winstone and Nick Frost were brilliant and the visual effects were amazing the story line was good all in all a really enjoyable film well worth a watch.
  29. Jul 3, 2012
    Look this movie was amazing effects wise but the plot was lacking a coupple things. Also Kirsten has still got that crossed eyed thing happening hahah god love her though.
  30. Jul 9, 2012
    The Queen is SO beautiful and she's such a great actor! The story of Snow White has NEVER been so interesting! I only have 1 problem, I wish there was more of the Queen, but the movie is great! The special effects are breath-taking, and visually-stunning. This movie combines suspense, with action, and drama. The costumes are great, so is the makeup, plot, and the enviornments are veryThe Queen is SO beautiful and she's such a great actor! The story of Snow White has NEVER been so interesting! I only have 1 problem, I wish there was more of the Queen, but the movie is great! The special effects are breath-taking, and visually-stunning. This movie combines suspense, with action, and drama. The costumes are great, so is the makeup, plot, and the enviornments are very detailed. The also introduce other fairytale elements like pixies and trolls! This movie is not just a movie, it's an experience! Expand
  31. Jun 5, 2012
    Snow White in the Huntsman is probably my favorite movie so far this year. It has a good deal of action without being an action movie. The dialogue between characters is great. Kristen Stewart was actually tolerable and turned in a great performance. Chris Hemsworth did a fantastic job, channeling his inner Thor a little bit. Charlize Theron stole the show as the Evil Queen Ravanna. ThisSnow White in the Huntsman is probably my favorite movie so far this year. It has a good deal of action without being an action movie. The dialogue between characters is great. Kristen Stewart was actually tolerable and turned in a great performance. Chris Hemsworth did a fantastic job, channeling his inner Thor a little bit. Charlize Theron stole the show as the Evil Queen Ravanna. This is a very interesting take on the child's story of Snow White. Never could I have imagined a take on it like this. The only problem with the movie is it doesn't quite know what kind of movie it wants to be Fantasy fits it best, but it is surprisingly realistic. Action doesn't fit because the film isn't teeming with action scenes, but the ones in it are excellent. Comedy doesn't apply at all, but the scenes with the 7 dwarves are hilarious. My favorite thing about the film is that it has all the classic Snow White lore (7 dwarves, Poison Apple, a kiss from her true love will wake her), but it doesn't shove it down your throat. It happens very naturally. Very good movie. I'd see it multiple more times, and perhaps buy it on blu-ray. Expand
  32. Jun 8, 2012
    I just saw this movie and I loved it!!!!! I was not a fan of Kristen Stewarts before but I have to admit I was completely wrong!!! She has a lot of acting talent and I was very impressed with her here.
  33. Jun 9, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie. It was a little bit dark, a bit fantasy and had good actors in it. The story line was nice and it kept my attention the whole movie. Not boring at all. A lot of action and some weird interesting effects. My husband thought it looked boring from the previews and dumb but when we saw it he admitted he was wrong and he liked it as well. I definitely recommend this movieI enjoyed this movie. It was a little bit dark, a bit fantasy and had good actors in it. The story line was nice and it kept my attention the whole movie. Not boring at all. A lot of action and some weird interesting effects. My husband thought it looked boring from the previews and dumb but when we saw it he admitted he was wrong and he liked it as well. I definitely recommend this movie to everyone. Expand
  34. Jun 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. to tell you the truth, i actually really liked the movie it had great acting and visual presentation , but idiotic logic like a horse appearing out of no where for her to ride, but kristen stewart impressed me and so did charlize theron they really should get nominated for a best actress award in THIS movie because kristen impressed me as she showed some emotion which gave me a smile, but the dwarfs could have been a little more entertaining and kristen lost her emotion at the end of the movie as she looked like she was having an orgasm as the crown lay on her head. Expand
  35. Jun 2, 2012
    I loved this movie!!! It had a good pace and plot. And I find it odd that people are giving this move negative reviews because plot is predictable or "flat". It should be predictable this story has been around for centuries. If you don't know that snow white gets poisoned by an apple then you have been living on mars. The user reviews on here thus far is not accurate at all. There is a guyI loved this movie!!! It had a good pace and plot. And I find it odd that people are giving this move negative reviews because plot is predictable or "flat". It should be predictable this story has been around for centuries. If you don't know that snow white gets poisoned by an apple then you have been living on mars. The user reviews on here thus far is not accurate at all. There is a guy saying that Viggo Mortensen is good in the role of the huntsmen. But last Time i checked the huntsmen is played by Chris Hemsworth the guy from thor, Not the guy from the lord of the rings. But all of that aside it was a great movie and has a very dark and twisted nature in it. And people said that the characters had no depth well in the old grimm stories the characters where a little vague. They where not deep and dynamic characters that you find in books today. If you like dark stories then you will love this movie!!!!! Go watch NOW!!!! Expand
  36. Jul 12, 2012
    CGI Was amazing, and the thought that went into the cast was great! go see it, you wont be disappointed!!! Dont know why this has such a poor score, saw it last night and thought it was great, id heard nothing about it and was blown away by the cast, Kristen Stewart (Snow w) shows she can actually switch roles from that of a certain vampire loving human, and Chris Hemsworth (Huntsman)CGI Was amazing, and the thought that went into the cast was great! go see it, you wont be disappointed!!! Dont know why this has such a poor score, saw it last night and thought it was great, id heard nothing about it and was blown away by the cast, Kristen Stewart (Snow w) shows she can actually switch roles from that of a certain vampire loving human, and Chris Hemsworth (Huntsman) shows hes not just a lightning god from a certain comic book, would see again! Expand
  37. Jun 2, 2012
    Kristen Stewart proves here that she can do so much more than just Bella Swan! Charlize Theron was wonderfully wicked also! I loved the movie. It was enjoyable and intense without ever being uncomfortable!
  38. May 29, 2013
    A never dull reinvention of the classic tale of the fairest one of all, Snow White. But also an interesting and darkened twist on the world surrounding her. This is also quite a positive step away for leading actress Kristen Stewart, proving her capability outside of the Twilight storm clouds.
    When the beautiful yet evil Queen Ravenna (Charlize Theron) ransacks kingdom after kingdom to maintain her youth and to lay waste to those who not only stand against her, but the men of the world who she sees as 'using' women to better themselves, until they are of no use. She then consumes all the youth and purity of the young women in the kingdom for her to be told by her mystical mirror that she is 'the "the fairest of them all".
    But when Snow White comes of age, that very mirror soon changes its tone, to the disbelief of the Queen, but our fairest lady manages to escape her clutches, but also retreats into the Dark Forest, the most wild and unpredictable of places, where only one man has travelled and came back, Eric the Huntsman (Chris Hemsworth), a drunk but sorrowful man in the hands of self-destruction after losing his wife.
    The tale of course has been given a drastic makeover but only to tell a more gritty and sombre story, and combined with some glorious set pieces and even some surprisingly great acting, an enjoyable story is told.
    Kristen Stewart delivers a very different yet effective performance, in the Twilight films she made it all about her, without seeming to care about those around her, a writing ploy and not the actresses fault, but here she definitely puts across someone who cares for everything around her, leading everyone astray with her charm and her undeniable beauty.
    Chris Hemsworth takes a break from being the God of Thunder and decides to protect Snow White, his characters determination and heart all shine through when he is protecting a woman he was sent to capture. The dwarves also make an appearance in a different way as a band of misfits on the road, all telling the bigger picture of a retelling of a classic story.
    It has a riveting and epic finale, and with other stars including Ian McShane, Ray Winstone and Sam Claflin, Snow White and the Huntsman is an excellent fantasy tale with wit, grown up tendencies and excellent scenes of wonderful battle, all while maintaining its classic roots.
  39. AKH
    Jun 3, 2012
    Due to mediocre reviews, I was not expecting much, so what a surprise when what I saw turned out to be one of the best movies I have seen this year. A visual spectacle, with some brilliant performances, this really should be experienced on the big screen.
  40. Jun 3, 2012
    Great movie for all ages. Well put together, costumes acting and scenes where fanatic. It was better than I expected it to be. It was better than the original snow white. A must see.
  41. Jun 4, 2012
    I was actually very impressed with this movie. I think it deserves higher scores form critics as far worse movies have been reviewed more kindly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  42. Jun 4, 2012
    What a movie!!! Most elements in this movie came together very nicely! The visuals, the acting, the director, the story. The only slight problem I had was that it was a little bit too long.
  43. Aug 19, 2012
    For once there, I was really thinking I was not watching an epic movie based on a fairy tale princess. For once, I started leading myself by maniacally fantastic tale of a twist-up with Snow White on it. 'Snow White and the Huntsman' is obviously, once again one of those movies users and audiences love, yet, critics detest. Snow White takes us on an inventive ride, that is not like theFor once there, I was really thinking I was not watching an epic movie based on a fairy tale princess. For once, I started leading myself by maniacally fantastic tale of a twist-up with Snow White on it. 'Snow White and the Huntsman' is obviously, once again one of those movies users and audiences love, yet, critics detest. Snow White takes us on an inventive ride, that is not like the type of fairy-princess, bird-singing, but still, keeps faithful to it. Everything in the movie is very well made--especially the fighting sequences that reached in top mastery. The only thing that could be considered a little, little flaw is the acting of Kristen Stewart, who made an improvement to her disgusting acting in Twilight, but yet, it left fans expecting too much to ask. The movie overall was great and I really feel good by paying all the amount of many I invested to see it. Expand
  44. Jul 19, 2012
    I liked the movie Kristen Stewart was acting very good i would recommend the movie to my friends
    just filling up my 150 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  45. Jul 22, 2012
    ust saw Snow White & The Huntsman. That might just be the sleeper hit of the summer. I wasn't to hyped for the movie until I started seeing some of the Tv spots. I wasn't really sure what to expect going in but man was it a great action/medieval/fantasy movie. I LOVED it. Chris Hemsworth was great, the dwarves where fantastic and Charlize Theron was brilliant. And the effects? The effectsust saw Snow White & The Huntsman. That might just be the sleeper hit of the summer. I wasn't to hyped for the movie until I started seeing some of the Tv spots. I wasn't really sure what to expect going in but man was it a great action/medieval/fantasy movie. I LOVED it. Chris Hemsworth was great, the dwarves where fantastic and Charlize Theron was brilliant. And the effects? The effects where stunning (And fyi, the dwarves? Real dwarves with life sized actors faces out on there bodies. You can't even tell!). Only thing that bugged me was Kristen Stewart. I mean her whole mopey attitude works for most of the movie, but at the happy ending she still doesn't even smile! Well she smiled a little, but it barely counts as a smile! She had a bigger smile earlier in the movie! I mean come on Stewart, show some other emotions. Other than that, the movie was great and is one of my favorite medieval fantasy movies. Expand
  46. Sep 1, 2012
    Surprisingly good! I was expecting a lame story remake but I was so wrong. Loved the story, the characters and the amazing visuals. Very well done indeed.
  47. Jul 14, 2013
    An awesome fantasy epic film that has an interesting twist on the classic story. I really enjoyed the cinematography, the interestingly fresh script, the direction, the visuals (the best of the film I'd say), the acting (yes, I like Kristen Stewart- get over it), the music and the set designs. They really tried hard with this film, while it is darker, I personally really enjoyed thisAn awesome fantasy epic film that has an interesting twist on the classic story. I really enjoyed the cinematography, the interestingly fresh script, the direction, the visuals (the best of the film I'd say), the acting (yes, I like Kristen Stewart- get over it), the music and the set designs. They really tried hard with this film, while it is darker, I personally really enjoyed this film and it is a great fantasy film that does deserve a sequel. Expand
  48. Sep 30, 2013
    Interesting twist on an old original This film was much more entertaining than I had expected. Great story, wonderful visuals and the cast worked quite well together.
  49. Apr 18, 2014
    love it, just love it!!! the acting, scenery, body tension and language oh wow i just love it! best film ever!!!!!!!!!! i know some people don't like Kristen Stewart but i love her because the way she only uses a few facial expressions really emphasizes her purity and innocence. The huntsman is such a great character; strong, brave and fearless on the outside but troubled, mournful and haslove it, just love it!!! the acting, scenery, body tension and language oh wow i just love it! best film ever!!!!!!!!!! i know some people don't like Kristen Stewart but i love her because the way she only uses a few facial expressions really emphasizes her purity and innocence. The huntsman is such a great character; strong, brave and fearless on the outside but troubled, mournful and has a need to be loved on the inside. The evil queen is just superb! she is so amazing that even when she isn't speaking you are scared of her! i would recommend this to anybody over the age of 11, no younger because it has quite a dark, gruesome plot with lots of violence and blood loss ha ha ha. but this is by far the best film i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  50. May 19, 2014
    Enjoyable movie with great casting and awesome effects. The 7 dwarfs are a who's who of the best character actors around. Charlize is hamming it up, Kristen makes for a pretty and feisty Snow White and it's not a bad effort for a first time director

1. Reviewed by: Tal Rosenberg
    Jun 2, 2012
    The CGI effects are so slick that they undercut the movie's shock value, and the action moves too quickly to instill a real sense of fear, but this is still visually impressive, with spectacular make-up, costumes, and cinematography.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Jun 1, 2012
    Attempts to inject a little humor via the antics of the dwarves don't work, especially since one of the little people is killed early in the proceedings. No one's going to be singing "Hi ho! Hi ho! It's off to work we go!" after that happens.
  3. Reviewed by: Elizabeth Weitzman
    Jun 1, 2012
    It's Theron who owns this film, imbuing her deliciously depraved Queen with furious pain and deep-seated fear.