Universal Pictures | Release Date: June 1, 2012
6.2
Generally favorable reviews based on 544 Ratings
Watch Now
salkelJun 2, 2012
I loved Kristen, Charlize, Chris and Sam as well as the supporting characters! Very well done. The visuals are also stunning and the sets are wonderful.
Valerie943Jun 2, 2012
Wonderful movie! So much better than I was expecting!!!!! The camera work, the scenery, the music, the story, the characters and the acting all came together to make a fantastic action movie that is family friendly!
claramillsJun 2, 2012
Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart were amazing in this movie!! They were the perfect two sides of the one coin! Very enjoyable movie overall! Go see it!!!!
benbondsJun 2, 2012
Wayyyyy better than I was expecting!!!!!!!!! I did not think Kristen Stewart especially could pull this off but I will admit I was completely wrong!! She played this part admirably and really made me believe in her as an actress!
tlaneJun 2, 2012
Pretty awesome movie! Deserves a lot more credit than it is getting!! Rupert Sanders did a fantastic job of making a pretty simple story feel big! The actors were really very good too.
mollycollinsJun 2, 2012
I went to see this movie after all the positive word of mouth and I have to say I really enjoyed it !! Very glad I gave it a chance and would recommend others do too!
sarazeeJun 2, 2012
The only problem I had with this movie was that it was slightly too long! I was blown away by Ms Stewart and Ms Theron and Chris Hemsworth was surprisingly impressive too.
Tara41Jun 2, 2012
Very impressive debut from Rupert Sanders. Beautiful scenery and beautiful cast. The best Grimm adaptation I have seen. Think it deserved a bit more love from certain critics actually.
mary83zeeJun 2, 2012
Kristen Stewart proves here that she can do so much more than just Bella Swan! Charlize Theron was wonderfully wicked also! I loved the movie. It was enjoyable and intense without ever being uncomfortable!
OriginalSukieJun 3, 2012
Seriously not as bad as some people are making it out to be. True Kristen Stewart basically sucks out all the life (much like the far superior character Ravenna) from the movie, whenever sheâ
MelindaJun 3, 2012
Great movie for all ages. Well put together, costumes acting and scenes where fanatic. It was better than I expected it to be. It was better than the original snow white. A must see.
LZZZZZZZZJun 4, 2012
Fantastic movie!!! I was not expecting it to be so good but I have to admit I was wrong!! Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron were beautiful and very strong acting from both!
barbiepottsJun 4, 2012
I thought all the actors did a great job! Kristen, Charlize, Sam and Chris were all on top form! It was nice to see Kristen not be Bella and it was nice to see Chris not be Thor! They can do so much more!
lenalittleJun 4, 2012
Great movie! So much better than any other Grimm adaptation attempt! This one actually works!!! Rupert Sanders did a wonderful job with this old tale. The story has been reinvented but still holds true to the fundamental lesson of skin deep beauty.
MegMattyJun 4, 2012
I am very surprised at how well Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth did in this movie! Fair play to them...they have earned a new fan! They were badass in this movie!
MaxlottsJun 4, 2012
I was dragged to this movie by my girlfriend and I thought I would hate it!! But I was wrong. It is actually a very nice piece of work and a very enjoyable movie. I would recommend it.
hankhawkJun 4, 2012
A wonderful movie with so many positives to point out. The actors did a great job and have great chemistry together. The director created a wonderful and unique World. The visuals are sharp and innovative. The story is nicely fleshed out.
kennymorgan872Jun 4, 2012
I loved it! Though Charlize and Kristen were fantastic! Chalrize was wonderfully wicked and Kristen was innocently inspiring! Fantastic movie! Well done all!
lucylawsonJun 4, 2012
I agree with a lot of the comments here! The movie was so much better than one would think and Kristen Stewart is a far better actress than one gives her credit for!
luckybecca357Jun 4, 2012
I was actually very impressed with this movie. I think it deserves higher scores form critics as far worse movies have been reviewed more kindly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LitaBondJun 4, 2012
What a movie!!! Most elements in this movie came together very nicely! The visuals, the acting, the director, the story. The only slight problem I had was that it was a little bit too long.
JohnnyBeGoodJun 5, 2012
Snow White in the Huntsman is probably my favorite movie so far this year. It has a good deal of action without being an action movie. The dialogue between characters is great. Kristen Stewart was actually tolerable and turned in a greatSnow White in the Huntsman is probably my favorite movie so far this year. It has a good deal of action without being an action movie. The dialogue between characters is great. Kristen Stewart was actually tolerable and turned in a great performance. Chris Hemsworth did a fantastic job, channeling his inner Thor a little bit. Charlize Theron stole the show as the Evil Queen Ravanna. This is a very interesting take on the child's story of Snow White. Never could I have imagined a take on it like this. The only problem with the movie is it doesn't quite know what kind of movie it wants to be Fantasy fits it best, but it is surprisingly realistic. Action doesn't fit because the film isn't teeming with action scenes, but the ones in it are excellent. Comedy doesn't apply at all, but the scenes with the 7 dwarves are hilarious. My favorite thing about the film is that it has all the classic Snow White lore (7 dwarves, Poison Apple, a kiss from her true love will wake her), but it doesn't shove it down your throat. It happens very naturally. Very good movie. I'd see it multiple more times, and perhaps buy it on blu-ray. Expand
AdamHeauserJun 6, 2012
The movie itself is beautiful. But everything else itself is a fail. Wooden acting, lazy storytelling and predictable plot twists all mar what could have been a much better film. The talented cast (mostly) deserve better.
se7en_Jun 7, 2012
First time I've ever walked out if a movie. Snuck into MIB3 and watched the last half of it without 3D glasses. Gave me a headache. No regrets. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
sandypalsJun 8, 2012
Surprisingly I loved this movie and I was not expecting to! I loved the action and visuals and I was very impressed with the cast! Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth especially impressed me. They are far more than Bella and Thor!
maryhollyJun 8, 2012
Very good movie with solid performance from the main cast. They did a lot more with the limited story than I thought they could actually. I've got to give credit where it is due and it certainly is here.
tom23holdenJun 8, 2012
Snow White was recommended to me by a friend as I was not going to see it. I am so glad she talked some sense in to me as I was completely entertained and enjoyed it very much!
martyflowersJun 8, 2012
Chris Hemsworth, Kristen Stewart and Charlize Theron were all fantastic in this movie! They played their roles perfectly. I love that they had slight twists and tweeks to the story without completely changing it.
ND45MinesJun 8, 2012
Overall a very good adaptation. I was surprised at how much they did with a limited story. They could perhaps have pushed it a little further but I was happy with the result.
billiecoldJun 8, 2012
I just saw this movie and I loved it!!!!! I was not a fan of Kristen Stewarts before but I have to admit I was completely wrong!!! She has a lot of acting talent and I was very impressed with her here.