Some Kind of Wonderful

1. Sep 6, 2011
    Love it. Another classic Hughes movie. I have the biggest '80's Boys Crush' on Lea Thompson. The acting is good, the dialogue's witty, this movie is just sweet in every way, even though the final decision seems a little sudden
  2. KourtneyH.
    Mar 1, 2003
    This movie is great.its really sweet.
  3. JeffC.
    Feb 29, 2004
    It is a clasic...will live forever.
  4. MikeS.
    Apr 28, 2005
    So few movies deal with the feelings of being a teenager, this one is an understated gem, always one of my favorites. My girlfriend owns a copy and we watch it every now and then, and it still rings true.

1. Chicago Tribune
    Reviewed by: Dave Kehr
    It's Mary Stuart Masterson, bringing a depth and tenacity to her role that nowhere appears in the screenplay, who leaves the lasting impression. She escapes the airiness of Hughes's vision to establish something like a human being. [22 Feb 1987]
  2. Stoltz turns in a restrained, realistic performance, and Thompson is quite good in what could easily have become a thankless role. But far and away, this is Masterson's film. An amazingly mature young actress, Masterson skillfully brings subtlety, depth, and nuance to her character.
  3. It's Masterson who dominates Some Kind of Wonderful. Like her energy, Masterson's beauty is kinetic, internalized, and she's a winner even if the film itself runs third in the Hughes opus on teenhood.