Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) | Release Date: December 12, 2003
6.7
Generally favorable reviews based on 66 Ratings
WATCH NOW
KenG.Jan 20, 2004
A winning performance by Diane Keaton (damn, she looks good!) and a witty script make this the comedy of the year. Jack is outstanding playing himself, and everybody seems comfortable in a movie with a lotta heart and soul. My only 2 A winning performance by Diane Keaton (damn, she looks good!) and a witty script make this the comedy of the year. Jack is outstanding playing himself, and everybody seems comfortable in a movie with a lotta heart and soul. My only 2 problems: not enough Amanda Peet, and why choose Jack over Keanu (hot and smart)?? Expand
RobertH.Jan 8, 2004
Sorry Eddie you are an island of one. I found it to be one of the best movies this year. I loved Jack stoned or otherwise and Diane.
[Anonymous]Oct 6, 2005
A movie for older people, but me, a teen, found it entertaining from time to time, thanks to good performances.
DenzelN.Jan 15, 2004
Eddie better stick to your day job as this was one of the most entertaining movies of the year. Jack was simply hilarious. Well, he played himself to a tee. Diane is one of our treasures and in this flick she simply shined. This is a movie Eddie better stick to your day job as this was one of the most entertaining movies of the year. Jack was simply hilarious. Well, he played himself to a tee. Diane is one of our treasures and in this flick she simply shined. This is a movie that should not be missed. Expand
LeroyT.Jan 18, 2004
Jack rocked!
DwayneJan 3, 2004
What a wonderful treat. I almost missed this one and had to be talked into seeing it. Am I glad that I did. Do not miss this as Jack and Diane fit like a glove.
DavidR.Jan 5, 2004
Major hit with word of mouth just wonderful. Jack and Diane team to make this a fantastic watch. Go see and enjoy.
StevenK.Jan 6, 2004
I had mixed feelings, which could best be described as a subtle interest, in seeing this movie. It was, however, a complete delight to sit through. Although many may describe this movie as a "chick flick" I think the blend of comedy and I had mixed feelings, which could best be described as a subtle interest, in seeing this movie. It was, however, a complete delight to sit through. Although many may describe this movie as a "chick flick" I think the blend of comedy and romance really appeals to both sexes...there is just something truly spellbinding about the Jack and Diane and the chemistry between them, that keeps us glued to the screen, and really allows us, as viewers, to become emotionally invested in these characters. Although I felt it was a little lengthy, I would highly recommend this movie - it's warm-hearted, good-natured, funny, sexy, and has the perfect cast to pull it all off...what more could you ask for in a romantic comedy? Expand
MikeM.Apr 23, 2004
I really enjoyed this movie. Jack and Diane had great chemistry. Amanda Peet, Keanu, and Mcdormand were all terrific. The only problem is i thought it was going to end like 5 times before it actually did. So it was a little draggy in the I really enjoyed this movie. Jack and Diane had great chemistry. Amanda Peet, Keanu, and Mcdormand were all terrific. The only problem is i thought it was going to end like 5 times before it actually did. So it was a little draggy in the middle but other than that a great movie. Expand
MaddieS.Sep 28, 2005
I thought this was a pretty cool movie (plus Keanu Reeves is so HOT!) and also very funny at times.
AlessaS.Dec 22, 2003
I absolutely loved it! The casting directors made superb choices. Diane and Jack have real chemistry. Best romantic comedy I have seen in a while!
TracieJan 1, 2004
Bravo for making a wonderfully funny romantic and enjoyable piece of art. Diane and Jack are sensational.
RachelW.Jan 17, 2004
One of the most hilarious and uplifting movies of the year. Jack and Diane are just perfect. The supporting cast is outstanding. You leave the theater with a smile on your face. Don't miss it.
JoshB.Jan 26, 2004
Nicholson is true to form. Reeves makes it believable (and he's hot), and McDormand is spot ON ! The most brilliant turn though belongs to Keaton. This is her best performance since Marvin's Room, and right up there with Annie Nicholson is true to form. Reeves makes it believable (and he's hot), and McDormand is spot ON ! The most brilliant turn though belongs to Keaton. This is her best performance since Marvin's Room, and right up there with Annie Hall. Her comic timing is pitch-perfect, and she and Nicholson are great together. This movie is beautifully shot, and makes you feel great when you leave the theatre. Loved it!!! Expand
WendelC.Apr 18, 2004
All you naysayers get lost! The chemistry between Jack and Diane was absolutely off the Richter Scale. They had a ball making this and the audience just came along for the ride. All I can say is WOW!
AndrewG.Apr 7, 2004
Yet another film carried out of insignificance by its lead actors. Keaton is very, very good and an aging Jack Nicholson hasn't lost his charm.
LayneJan 24, 2005
Diane Keaton is so loose, funny, and flirtatious that it is easy to ignore any flaws in the film. Her bubbling, effervescent charm and dead-pan comic timing is beguiling. One of my favorite performances in one of my favorite movies.
CaaptainCraigFeb 20, 2005
It helps if you like Jack and Diane. A nice classy and sophiscated move about older people....a welcome releaf from oversexed and undertalnted teenie booper actors. At moments it felt like I was watching Good as It Gets...a better film.
SamApr 6, 2006
Fantastic, hilarious, and moving, it's quite simply a great movie.
FantasyDec 29, 2003
What's not to like about this wonderful romantic comedy. The chemistry between Jack and Diane is explosive. Definitely one of the sleeper hits of this holiday season.
AlginaS.Dec 13, 2003
Most funniest, fantastic and heartfelt movie this year. good casting and diane keaton was sensational. loved it!!!
JoeDec 14, 2003
Despite some occasionally slipshod humor, this delightful romantic comedy works quite well, in fact, reminding me of those classic romantic comedies of the 30s and 40s, especially with its radiant leading lady, the luminous Diane Keaton.
YoriD.Dec 21, 2003
Don't know where the degree of dislike is coming from some critics...thought it was a great movie and a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y ADORED keaton. there's nothing groundbreaking on screen...except falling in love.... :]
JoeA.Dec 23, 2003
You often fear that the trailer contains all the funny lines. This movie is full of 'em. I laughed throughout. It dragged a tiny bit near the end, but that's a small price to pay for the otherwise fun time. Especially if You often fear that the trailer contains all the funny lines. This movie is full of 'em. I laughed throughout. It dragged a tiny bit near the end, but that's a small price to pay for the otherwise fun time. Especially if you're over 40, you've got to see this movie. Expand
beingryanjudeAug 24, 2014
There's something about Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson together in this film. It's as if they are truly feeding off of each other's energies. Jack & Diane are the perfect mix for Nancy Meyers' finest work to date. It's really, really special.