6.6

1. Oct 30, 2010
    whats the purpose of this movie? it missed the presence of Jim Carrey from the original. this is by far the worst.
  2. Aug 6, 2013
    solo por un pequeño momento de risas el uno pero lo demas es un cero efectos animados muy malos chistes absurdos para lo que era la mascara de Jim Carrey
  3. Sep 26, 2012
    It's very uncool, man. Not cool at all. Son of the Mask is beyond a shadow of a doubt one of the worst sequels of the decade. This movie may just mock Jim Carrey's absence and it nearly failed every minute of it. I love the original Mask where Carrey plays a talkable Frank Sinatra or Don Corleone-like character that likes to have fun and cause so much trouble. That was one of my favoriteIt's very uncool, man. Not cool at all. Son of the Mask is beyond a shadow of a doubt one of the worst sequels of the decade. This movie may just mock Jim Carrey's absence and it nearly failed every minute of it. I love the original Mask where Carrey plays a talkable Frank Sinatra or Don Corleone-like character that likes to have fun and cause so much trouble. That was one of my favorite Jim Carrey movies of all time. I certainly don't know and don't care who casts a sequel to The Mask. Jamie Kennedy, he's a great actor from the Scream movies and Malibu's Most Wanted as a white rapper that sorta look like Eminem. But playing the lead role in Son of The Mask just made a terrible example of how stupid a director should be putting this from a good-old fashion PG-13 movie for adults to bringing a family-friendly kiddie version that is still unwatchable. Maybe it's time for a reboot. Maybe it's about time we need Jim Carrey to bring back the Mask, the type of role that made him a comedic megastar just like Ace Ventura and so on. Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2013
    This is a disaster movie, i don't like it!!!!!!!!!!! The Mask with Jim Carrey was much better than this part of mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Mar 12, 2013
    Anybody who says ANYTHING positive about the movie CLEARLY HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!

They're just trolls trying to give a positive reception. They're losers who are ruining Metacritic and the scope of human internet user knowledge.

This movie is just flat out awful from start to finish.
  6. Mar 2, 2012
    Son of the Mask can stand out on its own, but it is pretty mean spirited. In the movie, it is hard to understand who is the real main character. Most of them act villainous at one time or another. The visuals are great and the story is okay, but not great.
  7. Jun 28, 2014
    This is a bad movie. When it tries tp be funny ot just gets really creepy. This is one of the worst films ever made.And this film is much more family-friendly oriented and the tone is much lighter and comical. Infact Ben Stien's personality of his character explains how I was during the movie.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    I would call this movie an "overtly feverish onslaught of frivolity", but I'm afraid that after watching this movie, I'm no longer intelligent enough to use such words. Bad, bad movie.
  9. Sep 29, 2013
    While the movie does have a few redeeming points, I do find the movie just tries too much and too hard. Ultimately ruining itself. The potential is there, and the premise is an OK one that fits the narrative. But the execution is just horrific. How the actors could walk onto the set each day and not feel ashamed, is beyond me. I'm assuming the entire production staff were a LSD test group,While the movie does have a few redeeming points, I do find the movie just tries too much and too hard. Ultimately ruining itself. The potential is there, and the premise is an OK one that fits the narrative. But the execution is just horrific. How the actors could walk onto the set each day and not feel ashamed, is beyond me. I'm assuming the entire production staff were a LSD test group, making a movie on the side.

Overall:
    If I didn't know any better, I would have thought the movie was written directed and produced by a 5 year old. A pointless waste of a movie.
  10. Jan 26, 2014
    CHRIST! The movie at times feels like it is actually trying to kill you. SO many disturbing CGI images. I don't see how any child could watch this and not get nightmares. I feel icky after seeing it....
  11. Aug 5, 2013
    A trite, annoying sequel to the funny original that is sorely lacking the presence of the original Mask, Jim Carrey. It may entertain the smallest demanding audiences, but it will disturb all others.
  12. Nov 8, 2013
    "Son Of The Mask" is the worst movie of all time to me. It scared the daylights out of me when it first came out back in 2005. If I was told I had to review this movie for a newspaper, I would turn it down, because there is absolutely no way I am going to see "Son Of The Mask" without my plush Twilight Sparkle or without closing my eyes every second.
  13. Nov 9, 2014
    "Son of the Mask" mostly looks like an horror movie due to the absence of Jim Carrey, cartoonish CGI, unfunny jokes, wooden performances and disgusting slapstick.
  14. May 2, 2014
    The second sequel to a Jim Carrey film which doesn't feature Jim Carrey serves as a reminder to always practice safe sex. Even an cartoonish alternate personality can get you pregnant.
  15. Jul 18, 2014
    A note for anyone make a sequel to a film. Step one: keep the lead actor. Step two: keep the same writer. Step three: keep the same director. Step four: keep the same age rating.

These are the ways to not horrifically mess up a sequel. Every single one of my golden rules were broken and the result was this badly made, unfunny, stupidly acted waste of money. There are two mildly amusing moments involving the baby that stopped this rating being 0, but there is still no point whatsoever is watching this film.

If you liked 'The Mask', don't watch this movie. If you like comedy, don't watch this movie. If you like life, don't watch this movie!
  16. Aug 15, 2014
    Oh no not this movie, it was likely the worst movie many people ever saw and In my opinion is really nothing like the instant classic Jim Carey movie The Mask, it seemed like this movie was aimed somewhere in between adults and children, but everyone behind the movie kept forgetting which one he/her was trying to please.
    as a result, you will see loony tunes like scenes in this movie,
    as a result, you will see loony tunes like scenes in this movie, dumb childish dialog, and then unintentional scary imagery, guns here and there etc. I put all that in the back of my mind for a moment and reviewed the movie as just a movie by itself, and I cant find a really good story or any real redeeming factors worth waiting for throughout the 94 minutes of pain this movie is.

if you want to watch the worst movie made in the last decade this would be on any hard core movie goers list of worst movies...
    I really hated the acting, the script... [well let me save you readers time] the whole movie felt like the whole production team behind it was torturing me...[I'm most likely not the only one who felt this way] this movie is like bad everything only a handful of things are even passable in the film.
    please get Jim Carey back and make a real sequel and proudly call it THE MASK 2

1. Loud, mean-spirited and generally obnoxious, Son of the Mask makes the boisterous 1994 original look downright demure and refined.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    The net result is a truly numbing experience.
    At its heart is a deep, unresolved ambivalence about child rearing.