Soul Surfer

7.2

1. Apr 21, 2011
    I bumped into Bethany Hamilton in the Lihue airport several years back, and she was surrounded by adoring locals. Such a brave person, and it's a really amazing story. I thought the parts with Carrie Underwood were a touch contrived, but because faith is such a big part of the Hamilton family's life, they were appropriate. Hunt and Quaid are perfect casting choices. The surfing scenesI bumped into Bethany Hamilton in the Lihue airport several years back, and she was surrounded by adoring locals. Such a brave person, and it's a really amazing story. I thought the parts with Carrie Underwood were a touch contrived, but because faith is such a big part of the Hamilton family's life, they were appropriate. Hunt and Quaid are perfect casting choices. The surfing scenes are spectacular. The scene that had the biggest impact on me was the one in which she first comes home from the hospital, realizing some of the new limitation of her condition. When she realizes that she'll probably never be able to play the guitar again, it absolutely put things in perspective (as a guitar player...) Expand
  2. Apr 9, 2011
    Amazing chemistry between Dennis and Helen as bethany's parents. Movie had amazing chemistry, editing, acting and music very moving and inspirational!
  3. Jul 14, 2011
    This movie was so touching especially to all the young surfers out there who want to make a difference. I don't see why everyone is saying it was bad acting at the shark attack part. I couldn't believe what I was reading! Everyone is wrong. Please this movie is very touching. RECOMMENDED TO ALL AGES!
  4. cfh
    Apr 9, 2011
    The movie was very good. It had a good base. It has a good plot. The movie seemed that you were right next to the actors and actresses. I loved the movie it had action, faith, knowledge, and fun!
  5. Aug 13, 2011
    I thought Soul Surfer was an amazing movie. It really brings emotion, faith, excitement and many other feelings to you. Having a girl of such young age be attacked by a shark and still be a pro at surfing is an amazing thing. I really found this movie interesting and it makes you wanna see it to the end with no interruptions. Like some movies i have seen i get bored of it, but thenI thought Soul Surfer was an amazing movie. It really brings emotion, faith, excitement and many other feelings to you. Having a girl of such young age be attacked by a shark and still be a pro at surfing is an amazing thing. I really found this movie interesting and it makes you wanna see it to the end with no interruptions. Like some movies i have seen i get bored of it, but then something happens and it just makes me change my mind about it. Soul surfer i think is the best movie i have seen in 2011 so far. I am totally a fan of the movie now. I also love how this story was based on a true story and they told it perfectly. They showed her life before things happened and after the attack. Then they showed everything she had to do and the challenges of having only one arm. Being able to surf again was a bug challenge for her and she managed to do it. With training and her friends and family there every step of the way. Even though she didn't win nationals she did win. She did the best she could and that's really all that mattered to her. Was just being in the nationals. I am a swimmer and if something like this happened to me, i don't think i could have the strength she did. I would be afraid to go back in the water and start swimming again. But she really managed to get back into life on her own. Great movie i loved it and i can't wait till it comes out on dvd. It's an amazing movie, totally worth of a 10 on 10 :) Expand
  6. Apr 9, 2011
    I'm not a christian or a country fan. But that doesn't prevent me from from enjoying this film. I'm not a professional movie reviwer either, but I don't understand the critics dislike. I've seen much, much worse films shoehorning religion and "feel good" messages into some real life plot. This film told a good story without being preachy or boring. I'm a huge fan of the ocean, so perhapsI'm not a christian or a country fan. But that doesn't prevent me from from enjoying this film. I'm not a professional movie reviwer either, but I don't understand the critics dislike. I've seen much, much worse films shoehorning religion and "feel good" messages into some real life plot. This film told a good story without being preachy or boring. I'm a huge fan of the ocean, so perhaps I'm biased but, this film is worth a watch. I've seen it twice at two seperate screenings and loved it each time. Anytime I felt it might start being to message heavy, the scene would change before it was lost due to overexposure. Plus there is a lot of great surfing scenes, competition and recreation. Expand
  7. Apr 9, 2011
    I've read mixed "professional" reviews of "Soul Surfer"; here is my takeaway. "Soul Surfer" has high-quality cinematography, mostly great acting thanks to Robb, Hunt, Quaid & Sorbo and some newer names. The script is also believable, thanks to the acting. Faith, in particular Christian, is fused throughout, in a way that will resonate with many audiences. You will leave believing thatI've read mixed "professional" reviews of "Soul Surfer"; here is my takeaway. "Soul Surfer" has high-quality cinematography, mostly great acting thanks to Robb, Hunt, Quaid & Sorbo and some newer names. The script is also believable, thanks to the acting. Faith, in particular Christian, is fused throughout, in a way that will resonate with many audiences. You will leave believing that there is living, and then there is living as was intended. I suspect that some that don't care for the film, don't care to ponder the "deeper" questions we face in life. This film points to the Truth, if one cares to consider such things. A great film that Dad, Mom, and the kids will come away feeling great about! Expand
  8. Aug 30, 2011
    Overall the movie was disappointing given that it was based on such an inspirational true story. Intolerably slow until the shark attack, then only limped along for the rest of the story. OK, we get that her family is religious, but does the audience need to feel like we're at a youth outreach revival. To say this movie was bland is critically too generous. Unfortunately, the folksOverall the movie was disappointing given that it was based on such an inspirational true story. Intolerably slow until the shark attack, then only limped along for the rest of the story. OK, we get that her family is religious, but does the audience need to feel like we're at a youth outreach revival. To say this movie was bland is critically too generous. Unfortunately, the folks behind this production wanted the G rating and faith-based crowd so badly that they sold the movie's creative soul to the Christian value police. What's left proves about as exciting as a cream colored Burqa. Expand
  9. Mar 16, 2012
    Interesting movie, Soul Surfer is beautiful and emotive, the performance on AnnaSophia Robb is amazing, the story of Bethany Hamilton is beautiful. This movie is pretty.
  10. Apr 14, 2011
    A completely boring movie that should've just been a made-for-TV movie. With completely 2-dimensional characters, it is extremely drowned out by sloppy hollywood attempts at makind a feelgood drama.
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    A motivational/inspirational film that reeks with Hollywood but the true story of Bethany is one to remember which carried the movie from utter failure.
  12. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm not a christian or a country fan. But that doesn't prevent me from from enjoying this film. I'm not a professional movie reviwer either, but I don't understand the critics dislike. I've seen much, much worse films shoehorning religion and "feel good" messages into some real life plot. This film told a good story without being preachy or boring. I'm a huge fan of the ocean, so perhapsI'm not a christian or a country fan. But that doesn't prevent me from from enjoying this film. I'm not a professional movie reviwer either, but I don't understand the critics dislike. I've seen much, much worse films shoehorning religion and "feel good" messages into some real life plot. This film told a good story without being preachy or boring. I'm a huge fan of the ocean, so perhaps I'm biased but, this film is worth a watch. I've seen it twice at two seperate screenings and loved it each time. Anytime I felt it might start being to message heavy, the scene would change before it was lost due to overexposure. Plus there is a lot of great surfing scenes, competition and recreation.â Expand
  13. Apr 8, 2011
    Great! Carrie Underwood's great! This is country queen, American Idol champion Carrie Underwood's first complete attempt in movies (it wasn't her first attempt in acting since she had starred in the TV series "Ho I Met Your Mother" a la Britney Spears which was absolutely hilarious and awesome!). She has been on various shows, such as the Ellen DeGeneres show (where she aplyed the gameGreat! Carrie Underwood's great! This is country queen, American Idol champion Carrie Underwood's first complete attempt in movies (it wasn't her first attempt in acting since she had starred in the TV series "Ho I Met Your Mother" a la Britney Spears which was absolutely hilarious and awesome!). She has been on various shows, such as the Ellen DeGeneres show (where she aplyed the game Carrie Underwater with Ellen!) and Jay Leno (where she performed a bit of her classic "Jesus, Take The Wheel"). Expand
  14. Sep 2, 2011
    This is the best movie for every age! It is made from a real life story and it is a real heart touching story. The Shark attack is a scary part but after that it is for anyone who wants to see it.
  15. Mar 24, 2012
    Soul Surfer has just been AMAZING and it is just so entertaining! It has just been so real and touching! I hope all of you guys also like it as just as me!
  16. Sep 9, 2012
    WOW! This movie is great and very intimate. I'm gonna be very quick here, come with an open heart and mind so you can cry as much as the 90% in my movie theater cried. It is truly spectacular!
  17. Nov 1, 2012
    A true story pretty impressive.
  18. Dec 8, 2012
    This true story gave birth to an inspirational movie.
    Bethany's arm might have been lost but it will be a part of our memory. As the main reason why this movie came to be :).
  19. Jun 23, 2013
    This film was very well done and what's better is its all based on a true story and from the looks of the credits where they show real footage they certainly stayed true to it! Robb does a great job as young Bethany who loses her arm to a shark attack, and we follow her struggle to get back in the water and compete as a surfer once again. It's a very emotional film but thanks to some greatThis film was very well done and what's better is its all based on a true story and from the looks of the credits where they show real footage they certainly stayed true to it! Robb does a great job as young Bethany who loses her arm to a shark attack, and we follow her struggle to get back in the water and compete as a surfer once again. It's a very emotional film but thanks to some great acting and beautiful scenery it all comes together nicely. Some dodgy CGI work aside it's a good film. Expand
  20. Feb 10, 2014
    With its excellent acting, a sublime depiction of Hawaii, and a refreshing inspirational message, Soul Surfer quickly became one of my favourite movies of all time.
  21. Feb 15, 2014
    One of the best movies ever watched loved it very good movie. Great story that goes along with it Its a must watch. But at the end of the movie it gets a little long and drags on but other than that great movie
  22. Apr 3, 2014
    Soul Surfer tells the story of a girl, Bethany Hamilton,who lost her arm in a shark attack. She decides to get back in to the water and surf again. The film is exiting, sad, funny and has got a surprising end.
  23. Jul 12, 2015
    This film was an excellent family movie, watching this with my 12 year old was truly inspirational. Against all odds this young surfer was amazing with her courage and sheer magnificence in the water. A great film especially for young adults, I enjoyed it too.
  24. Feb 23, 2016
    A well-meaning, handsomely staged biopic of the top Hawaii-based surfing star Bethany Hamilton who lost her arm to a shark in 2003 at the age of 13...

Watch this movie for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-284361-Soul-Surfer-movie-online-free-putlocker.html

1. Reviewed by: Stephanie Zacharek
    Apr 11, 2011
    Thus ends one of the most understated shark-attack sequences, ever; it's almost Bressonian, except it's not boring.
  2. Reviewed by: Connie Ogle
    Apr 10, 2011
    It's a good, solid family film.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Apr 10, 2011
    Hamilton is played, blandly, by Anna Sophia Robb, and her devoted parents, less bland, are played by Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt. The surfing footage, much of it shot off the coast of Kauai, is not bland at all.