7.7

1. May 3, 2013
    unfortunately source code isn't an original story cause we all seen this before however Jake Gyllenhaal is a good actor and he did his part very well but the story is not convincing at all which made some acting scenes were out of place i blame the writer and the director for the fact that i didn't enjoy the movie at all.
  2. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not an amazing movie. The idea behind the history is a little lie. And they dont explane nothing.
    How a dead man can enter in another dead people to live 8 minutes of his ending? And thw worst, not just the 8 ending moments of his life, but in other dimensions, making what he want to make?

If you enter in the dead mind to look his 8 minutes left, you will just look that moment, you will cant change, just see that!
  3. Apr 9, 2011
    Source Code is a time traveling adventure movie with great atmosphere to see where captain must save the day that the train will explode and he comes back in 8 minutes to live. That movie is so cool and it's a lot of fun to see!
  4. Aug 25, 2011
    Sorry, Italian / English mechanical. Colter Stevens: a strong consciousness noetic.

Space is said Duncan Duncan Jones - Director / limited physical space and cyber-psychology. Inside lives the man Duncan, bimodal, and sapiens. How much humanity in man Duncan? Lots and engaging, full-bodied enough to lead to reflections on the affinity homo sapiens and earth monomorphic; studies on the consequences of its applications and hyper, the state of his mental health. Sdooong!

The mirror Duncan.

The mirror reflects a self aberrated body with which we must deal in any case and is not serious business. But, attention, mental aberration is not only physical. Faced with this obvious fact, many would run like hell. Colter Stevens Jake Gyllenhaal / "he" in fact, a new body. The veteran Colter has only a moment of loss, is able to deal with new events because he is strong noetic consciousness, the mind influences matter /. This essential feature, was selected for the government program "Source Code". Deals with "the moment" not only in an objective and deterministic real-time /, but it is also fast nell'intuire who is living and crossing a boundary where the senses are those known as being restrictive.
    Listening to him, I understand that our individual history, as well as his, is full of questions, and sometimes the most trivial or insignificant, the simpler and less open-minded, become dynamite to the mind.

Two efficient micro-environments.

A train, six cars. In one of these, a man, his name is Sean Fentress, a teacher. Awakened from a deep slumber, accustomed as he is to observe, analyze and store names, faces, objects and everything else would be useful for survival, senses immediately that you are in a state of inertia that does not belong. Irascible, is on the defensive when his partner, Christina Michelle Monaghan / try to get him a ticket out of his pocket to show it to the controller.
    -Look, I see that you think you know me, but I do not know who he is. I am the captain Colter Stevens. I am a U.S. Army helicopter pilot in Afghanistan.
    It feels wrong, get off the train, you look around, observe, ask a young man with red hair where it is. - Chicago. And 'the answer. He returned to meet Christina, the train resumes its journey. He sits down, but a new image overwhelms him, his (?) Is reflected in the glass of the window as the train crosses a bridge supported by piers shod dull and expressionless. Spontaneous and immediate is the question - Have you seen yourself? - You're scaring me. And 'the response from Christina. Run away, goes to the bathroom, looks in the mirror ... not at all frightened, put your hands in your pocket sure to find an identity. He opens his wallet - SEAN Fentress - TEACHER. He starts to go away, do not understand is this strange metamorphosis. Christina joined him, in front of him, begs him to say something. - Look, I do not know who is Sean and I do not know who you are. - This is not mine, the document shows. - You will see that everything will be fine - Christina reassuring. Violent, unexpected, comes the explosion. The roar of the train derails, the shattered glass and twisted metal do not leave hope. He, the teacher Sean Fentress, is the only survivor. The awakening occurs within a capsule. Thus began the incredible journey of our veteran. There will be two characters to guide them in the Source Code, the project manager Dr. Rutledge Jeffrey Wright / Soldier of the application and technical Goodwin Vera Farmiga /.

The deaths were a tragedy that train. The Source code can ...

Ok. The journey begins when my job ends. One last thing, Don Burgess Forrest Gump - Terminator 3 / is in charge of photography, Chris Bacon Gnomeo and Juliet / it is for music, Paul Hirsch Star Wars / getting the mount. Not bad, right?
    Council to see the film, a few yawns and many moments of reflection. The director of | Moon | although they have a small budget has confirmed to be able to give intelligent emotions.

Good Clik!
  5. Apr 1, 2011
    Source Code is an intelligent and interesting idea that can get the viewer attached to the story, but the plot crescendos too soon, lacking an impact near the end. The movie's length is only a little more than an Hour and a Half, which just barely, surprisingly, stretches the story. Despite my complaints, Source Code is good entertainment that is worth the price of admission.
  6. Jun 18, 2014
    A great movie that gets better with repeated watching! After recently seeing Edge of Tomorrow (a crappy Tom Cruise flick that stole heavily from this movie) it made me appreciate this movie even more and I felt prompted to write a review. Source Code has many nuanced aspects that you may miss on first watching. The ending is very compelling and thought provoking. I loved this movie asA great movie that gets better with repeated watching! After recently seeing Edge of Tomorrow (a crappy Tom Cruise flick that stole heavily from this movie) it made me appreciate this movie even more and I felt prompted to write a review. Source Code has many nuanced aspects that you may miss on first watching. The ending is very compelling and thought provoking. I loved this movie as much as Moon, this director's first movie. If you love S.C., see Moon also because although it was made on a low budget, it is just as brilliant! Expand
  7. Apr 1, 2011
    I jumped the train and rode it till the end. Sure the paradoxes were insurmountable but they didn't get in the way of the story. They successfully contrived a rational other than time travel and by giving us only the broad strokes I didnâ
  8. Feb 16, 2013
    This is a very well made film with lots of attention to detail, everything fits and everything works pretty well. There are overtones of Groundhog Day (1993), in that a time period is repeated, but I found this one very different. Although not as good as ‘Moon’, IMO, I really liked this film and I’m glad I gave it a second look. It’s nicely paced, there’s a pretty good soundtrack, althoughThis is a very well made film with lots of attention to detail, everything fits and everything works pretty well. There are overtones of Groundhog Day (1993), in that a time period is repeated, but I found this one very different. Although not as good as ‘Moon’, IMO, I really liked this film and I’m glad I gave it a second look. It’s nicely paced, there’s a pretty good soundtrack, although it’s quite subdued and at ninety three minutes, it’s not too long. Over all, it’s a well written, nicely paced piece of science fiction with quite a nice twist at the end. Comparisons have been made with ‘Inception’ but I’m not even going to go there, they are totally different. I didn’t score it quite as highly as first time around because I felt it didn’t have quite the impact it did on the big screen. Still a very enjoyable watch though.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED My score: 8.2/10.
  9. Apr 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I usually don't write reviews with spoilers but the biggest distraction to this movie is its ending. You get the feeling the studio had 3 different endings to choose from, and I personally feel they chose the wrong one. While it is plausible, it still detaches you from the anchor and central premise of the movie (Jake Gyllenhaal has 8 minutes to solve a mystery though his actions can't affect the real world). There are other flaws logistically, for example, how many 8 minute sequences can occur in the real world and still leave enough time to save the future, but still I enjoyed the movie overall! Jake gave a great performance and I believed his romantic relationship and his sense of purpose and accomplishment regarding the mystery. Expand
  10. Aug 1, 2011
    I will be honest. when I first seen previews for this, I thought it would be a garbage picture. Turns out, I was wrong! Very fresh vision on science fiction and something different. Its good to see directors are taking on these types of movies outside of the norm. Jake Gyllenhaal surprised the heck out of me in his role in this one. He has a very large acting range, especially inI will be honest. when I first seen previews for this, I thought it would be a garbage picture. Turns out, I was wrong! Very fresh vision on science fiction and something different. Its good to see directors are taking on these types of movies outside of the norm. Jake Gyllenhaal surprised the heck out of me in his role in this one. He has a very large acting range, especially in this flick. He can be emotional, funny, charming, serious and pretty much all of the above. Well, well worth a view. What The Source Code... Its not an option. 8/10. Expand
  11. Jun 23, 2014
    Fascinating and wonderful movie. An interesting idea presented here. A lot of good solid action. Well acted and a very innovative script. This is one to own!
  12. Jul 18, 2011
    This movie is the best I've seen an incredible story, this movie made â
  13. May 18, 2011
    This was a great movie with a very interesting plot, Jake Gylehaal who I've never liked as an actor delivers a great performance. His co-stars all deliver good performances.

A negative I have is the only character who is actually developed to any extent is Jakes and the big baddy has seemingly no motive for his crimes, this is still worth a watch but only as rental.
  14. Jun 13, 2011
    I loved this movie. Jake carried the movie just fine but what I loved was that it was internally consistent. It took a premise that I didn't think could be pulled off, and they pulled it off. Wonderful
  15. USG
    Apr 8, 2011
    This movie is much more of a thinking film than many others, and in that respect I'd recommend it. The effects are well done and only add to the movie instead of distract it. Like Duncan Jones' first movie, Moon, the trailer does not give it justice. However, Moon is more complex and thought-provoking than Source Code. Both movies do create a good sensation of suspense which is what theyThis movie is much more of a thinking film than many others, and in that respect I'd recommend it. The effects are well done and only add to the movie instead of distract it. Like Duncan Jones' first movie, Moon, the trailer does not give it justice. However, Moon is more complex and thought-provoking than Source Code. Both movies do create a good sensation of suspense which is what they are designed for. The ending of Source Code ties down and clarifies everything, making a sequel impossible. The ending also by far the movie's weakest point: it's lame. The movie could have ended at other stronger moments, but it's already short. Knowledge of parallel universes will help in the understanding of the film. Expand
  16. Apr 17, 2011
    Duncan Jones go two for two with his follow-up to Moon. This is a creative film which feels like a cross between Memento, Inception and The Matrix. A tight and well-written script (save for the final five minutes) and solid performances across the board. Source Code is worth its price of admission.
  17. May 11, 2011
    I preferred this movie to Inception. Where Inception tried too hard to be confusing, this movie just tried to blow your mind. It definitely succeeded. Right when you think you have the entire movie figured out, there's a new twist added. This goes down to the last second of the movie. While it didn't have the big budget of Inception, it knew it's boundaries and stuck to them. My favoriteI preferred this movie to Inception. Where Inception tried too hard to be confusing, this movie just tried to blow your mind. It definitely succeeded. Right when you think you have the entire movie figured out, there's a new twist added. This goes down to the last second of the movie. While it didn't have the big budget of Inception, it knew it's boundaries and stuck to them. My favorite movie of the year so far. Expand
  18. Jul 12, 2014
    Source Code is an entertaining concept thriller. It takes the whole Groundhog Day time lapse thing and constructs a new action-orientated premise out of it. Great fun all the way around.
  19. Jul 19, 2011
    See this if you liked Inception or any other Hollywood Sci-fi that has some thought put into it. I liked the story and the acting was good. Maybe I'm just used to watching "who dunnit" type films and TV and even though I wasn't surprised by the twists or the ending I still enjoyed the movie.
  20. Apr 10, 2011
    Enjoyed the movie. Imagine Groundhog Day with terrorists. Well acted and a had very different slant on the time travel genre. The movie is full of plot holes so its not one you want to analyze too much. However, it was fun to watch. I was very disappointed with the ending though. I don't want to give anything away but this movie deserved a better, more intelligent ending. It's almostEnjoyed the movie. Imagine Groundhog Day with terrorists. Well acted and a had very different slant on the time travel genre. The movie is full of plot holes so its not one you want to analyze too much. However, it was fun to watch. I was very disappointed with the ending though. I don't want to give anything away but this movie deserved a better, more intelligent ending. It's almost like they did the movie, and later decided to slap a standard Hollywood ending onto it. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2011
    The movie is great and a very cool mind twisting short movie which can be enjoyed every time you watch it. I am very impressed by the story of the film. A pure mind bending movie after INCEPTION. Source Code is awesome.
  22. Jan 23, 2012
    Okay the movie isn't that amazing. But oh my this is good to see some sci-fi that goes further than tall blue human or spaceships. Thanks for this. You might just want to see this movie for the concept itself.
  23. Mar 13, 2013
    Source Code took me by surprise. The premise of a bomb being planted somewhere and our hero having to capture the bad-guy made me expecting a sort of action movie la Die Hard but instead it offered this very deep psychological thriller that'll make you think. There is some excellent chemistry between the protagonist Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) and his counterpart Christina WarrenSource Code took me by surprise. The premise of a bomb being planted somewhere and our hero having to capture the bad-guy made me expecting a sort of action movie la Die Hard but instead it offered this very deep psychological thriller that'll make you think. There is some excellent chemistry between the protagonist Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) and his counterpart Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) which makes sure that the inevitable romance doesn't look awkward. Colleen Goodwin (Vera Farmiga) does an excellent job as well, playing the devil's advocate. The twist at the ending is a bit of a braintwister and far too open to interpretation and the movie would have fared better off without it if you ask me. Because of this reason alone I can't give it a 10. This is one of the most captivating thrillers I have seen in my life. Expand
  24. Dec 4, 2011
    perfect!______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  25. Dec 21, 2013
    Very interesting concept anyone that's played Remember Me (2013 video game) will probably enjoy this. Basically you watch the same film clip over and over again but what makes it interesting is that each time you find out more about the story and the character overall. Source Code certainly doesn't come short in the originality department and it executes it very well. The only problem isVery interesting concept anyone that's played Remember Me (2013 video game) will probably enjoy this. Basically you watch the same film clip over and over again but what makes it interesting is that each time you find out more about the story and the character overall. Source Code certainly doesn't come short in the originality department and it executes it very well. The only problem is that not much seemed to happen. The backstory and plot and characters were nowhere near deep enough or explored given the time and opportunities. It's not something for everyone, and I wouldn't call it a great film in its own right, but I can credit it for its uniqueness. Expand
  26. Mar 13, 2015
    I've never really been a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal films, but have to say he was very good in Source Code.

Being a massive fan of Quantum Leap, I read other reviews who said it was similar to that, so I purchased it without a doubt.

So glad I did, as its easily one of the best films I have seen in a long time.
  27. Jan 16, 2014
    This is second Jake Gyllenhaal in row I have watched and have come away impressed with his ability to carry a movie. The script was a well done for a sci-fi with a limited premise. Think groundhog day meets an alternate reality/time travel episode on star trek. That being said it is the human element and the characters that drive this movie vs. the sci-fi element the film is based on.This is second Jake Gyllenhaal in row I have watched and have come away impressed with his ability to carry a movie. The script was a well done for a sci-fi with a limited premise. Think groundhog day meets an alternate reality/time travel episode on star trek. That being said it is the human element and the characters that drive this movie vs. the sci-fi element the film is based on. Definitely worth the rent. Expand
  28. Apr 1, 2012
    An intriguing mystery with the scents of Groundhog Day and The Matrix. The special effects did not overshadow the plot, although some of it was hard to get my head round. Jake Gyllenhaal acts very realistically and the action was very well-paced. Surprisingly a very heart-pounding well crafted action thriller. The ending was fantastically unpredictable and I never would have known that itAn intriguing mystery with the scents of Groundhog Day and The Matrix. The special effects did not overshadow the plot, although some of it was hard to get my head round. Jake Gyllenhaal acts very realistically and the action was very well-paced. Surprisingly a very heart-pounding well crafted action thriller. The ending was fantastically unpredictable and I never would have known that it would be that beautiful. The film left on very high note. Expand
  29. Dec 4, 2011
    Source Code is a great movie that is thrilling and entertaining from beginning to end. Jake Gyllenhaal as always gives a superb acting performance but all the other characters are good acting too. The plot is top-notch with many twists and turns and the ending just blew my mind away. There are times when the movie slows down a bit but that is insignificant compared to everything else.Source Code is a great movie that is thrilling and entertaining from beginning to end. Jake Gyllenhaal as always gives a superb acting performance but all the other characters are good acting too. The plot is top-notch with many twists and turns and the ending just blew my mind away. There are times when the movie slows down a bit but that is insignificant compared to everything else. Overall the Source Code is a great movie that I'm 100% will entertain, especially those who liked Inception. Breakdown for Source Code: Presentaition: 9.7, Plot: 9.5, Acting: 9.8, Script: 9.5, Lasting Appeal: 9.5. Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  30. Sep 26, 2012
    Interesting twist on what could have been a predictable plot. Nice surprises. Good tension throughout. All in all a highly entertaining suspense film. It's becoming harder and harder to find movies on this genre that are as worth the time as Source Code is.
  31. Apr 5, 2012
    Source Code is perfect just the way it is. It keeps you guessing, has great acting, very decently filmed, and the story completely works. I'd say its a masterpiece.
  32. Nov 12, 2011
    Familiar science fiction concepts are played out well in this race against the clock consciousness swapping techno-thriller. The central plot device is a new technology allowing a person's consciousness to be integrated in to the experience of someone else in their final 8 minutes of life, this is used to foil a terrorist plot to kill thousands. The protagonist Colter Stevens'Familiar science fiction concepts are played out well in this race against the clock consciousness swapping techno-thriller. The central plot device is a new technology allowing a person's consciousness to be integrated in to the experience of someone else in their final 8 minutes of life, this is used to foil a terrorist plot to kill thousands. The protagonist Colter Stevens' unwillingness and lack of choice in his role as hero, ads an extra dimension to this film that lets you take away more from it than just the concept itself which already has many interesting implications to consider. The ideas aren't new enough and the material not really original enough to be something I would call 'hard sci-fi' but it blends elements of action, thriller and science fiction very well and does no disservice to any of those genres in creating something that suspenseful, engaging and strong.

Like any good film and especially any good science fiction should, this will get you thinking and because it takes familiar elements of classic action-thrillers 'where's the bomb?', 'who's the terrorist?' and blends them with scientific and philosophical riddles; 'is consciousness physically encoded in our neurology and can we decode that and play it back as a unified experience?', 'is it right to impose suffering upon an individual if it means saving the lives of many?' - it gives you the best of both worlds. You're wearing two thinking caps with this one, internally playing your inner CIA-operative-come-detective as you try to solve the mystery before it's too late whilst also exploring the wider and more thoughtful implications that the plot's concept creates.

It does suffer from one major paradoxical flaw which is that, the ability to experience someone's last 8 minutes of life is explained as being the result of the overlap of a preserved 'afterglow' of magnetic energy within brain cells that preserve a semblance of consciousness and that the human brain uses something akin to a memory cache of 8 minutes of short term memory. Using these two ideas, a machine is created that can put an operator in to those last 8 minutes of memory, and so the hope is that those last 8 minutes will contain precious information to help uncover the identity of a dangerous terrorist known to be around the deceased individual at the time of his death. This is fine except that our hero is told to actively investigate and to do things and go places that the deceased man whose consciousness he is temporarily assuming, never did. Perhaps the 'afterglow' preserves enough of the person for them (or for Colter) to extrapolate what might have happened if in those 8 minutes, the person had done something different, like a vivd dream, but in that case the information would be more or less useless to anyone because it would just be someone's best guess, something the investigators who built the machine would have themselves anyway. If in my last 8 minutes of life I was in my home sleeping, and someone could use this device to experience those same final 8 minutes, they either couldn't wake up and walk around and go outside (because I didn't) or if they did, they'd just be imagining what was probably happening outside based on their best guess. You can't create information that isn't in the memory track of those 8 minutes.

With enough concentration, my inner nerd was able to shut up about this flaw and see the film through and it's worth it because the rewards are rich and the final denouement which so often seems an unnecessary tacked on bit of fluff, actually opens even more interesting avenues of thought and adds another layer to a film that seems simpler than it really is. It didn't warrant a higher score than an 8 for me because of the conceptual problem with the plot and because some of the characters are a bit typical but the film is impressive in its ability to pack a lot of sci-fi in to a simple passenger 57 action staple. Watch it, it's a good film.
  33. Nov 14, 2011
    Well what to say about the film.In short its 1 hr 35mins of pure entertainment(its more depends on ur mental capability to absorb the movie actually).On the first go the movie did feel like Ubisoft's hit video game title "Assassins Creed" and then it takes a big leap forward.It is very hard to avoid spoilers for a movie like SOURCE CODE but 1 thing is guaranteed youll be coming back to seeWell what to say about the film.In short its 1 hr 35mins of pure entertainment(its more depends on ur mental capability to absorb the movie actually).On the first go the movie did feel like Ubisoft's hit video game title "Assassins Creed" and then it takes a big leap forward.It is very hard to avoid spoilers for a movie like SOURCE CODE but 1 thing is guaranteed youll be coming back to see this again and again.This shows the creativity of the director(very well accomplished)just BRAVO! ,While the story(i will not spoil anything here) is overwhelmingly gorgeous,its Jake Gylenhall that steals the show.He steps into the shows of main protagonists with remarkable ease.........SOURCE CODE is the winner all the way Expand
  34. Dec 19, 2011
    Some parts of this movie may get a little confusing (especially during the middle and to the end), but that will no detract from the marvelous popcorn entertainment that is Source Code. Definitely see!
  35. Nov 18, 2011
    Certainly not bad. The movie reminds me of both Inception and Groundhog Day. The movie is generally considered as a thriller - an action movie, but there is a bit of comedy in it as well. A movie should never forget to add a few creatively hilarious lines. A movie worth saying, although the ending was a bit weird.
  36. Jan 16, 2012
    Source Code is original and entertaining and benefits from Jake Gyllenhaal's charming and solid performance. It is a bit confusing at times but the film has decent visual effects, and will leave your mind spinning. I give this film 75%.
  37. Jun 23, 2012
    I loved this movie so much because it's a good start with an original idea and, in reverse of other films, managed to finish in a charming way. The direction is fantastic and the actors are great.
  38. Feb 22, 2013
    I love movies that make you think, and Source Code will do that, the problem is, that what you're thinking is probably what's going to happen. This film is a take on the TV show Quantum Leap, but instead of leaping until the issue is solved, the leaper only has 8 minutes to try and solve the problem. Jake Gyllenhaal stars and while I usually don't care for him much, he was excellent here.I love movies that make you think, and Source Code will do that, the problem is, that what you're thinking is probably what's going to happen. This film is a take on the TV show Quantum Leap, but instead of leaping until the issue is solved, the leaper only has 8 minutes to try and solve the problem. Jake Gyllenhaal stars and while I usually don't care for him much, he was excellent here. I have a feeling this character may have been written specifically for him, because he's got a strange style and seems to not fit many of his roles. Source Code is another film in a genre of endless possibilities, it tries really hard to stand out and be special, but sadly it's pretty predictable, while playing off other established material, such as Quantum Leap and The Matrix. It is an enjoyable film and one of Gyllenhaal's best performances that i've seen, but if you're into Science Fiction, the way that I am, you're not gonna have much trouble figuring this one out. Expand
  39. Jul 29, 2013
    I liked how 'blockbuster-action-big' this was at places, while remaining thoughtful. Very entertaining ride, with the same kind of twisty creativity that made Jones'-directed Moon a worthwhile sci fi-movie.
  40. Feb 5, 2012
    How does it all end?
    Well you should find out by watching this thrilling Sci-Fi / Mystery Film! Duncan Jones is processing his good work and I can't wait to find out his new Masterpiece.
  41. May 6, 2012
    Source Code is not a thriller that keeps you guessing. The plot is believable and presents very few surprises. But it keeps you on the edge of your seat as you watch a man who doesn't know his own identity slowly discover the clues that reveal the truth.
  42. Dec 16, 2013
    Solid Sci-Fi movie with a solid hook. The conversations between sim runs are very nicely shot so as to not reveal too much too soon, which keeps you closely bound to the perspective of Colter Stevens as you're watching. Like a movie version of a first-person book. Jake Gyllenhaal was a really good pick for this movie because of the mindshare he brings to the table from his other movies.
  43. Mar 6, 2012
    This movie is brilliant! When the end came, I got a chill over all my body in front of such awesomeness. I liked so much that I decided to review this movie and give maximum score. Awesome!
  44. Mar 12, 2012
    I could relate somewhat to Jake Gylenhalls character. I was on a 13 hour flight and I had not gotten any sleep. All I wanted was for the ride to end, but then the tone changed and took me out of my beleaguered state. I loved that there was no definitive course of action to finding the bomber. He was given too many decisions with too limited time. The backstory was even more enthralling. AsI could relate somewhat to Jake Gylenhalls character. I was on a 13 hour flight and I had not gotten any sleep. All I wanted was for the ride to end, but then the tone changed and took me out of my beleaguered state. I loved that there was no definitive course of action to finding the bomber. He was given too many decisions with too limited time. The backstory was even more enthralling. As if not apart of the world anymore, he was trying to find his purpose to going back into the source code. It was intense when he found it, I started tearing up. I connect to main characters very intensely, and I was completely satisfied with the ending. I want to know what that poem meant though. Expand
  45. Sep 4, 2014
    As Duncan Jones second work as director, he's quickly proving his exquisite skill behind the camera. There are extreme complexities here, but because of the pace and rhythm from Jones, we enjoy every step of the way. Also, another achievement for Jake Gyllenhaal's collection of beautiful dramatic work.
  46. Mar 26, 2012
    The overall premise of a person being able to relive a persons last eight minutes may sound ludicrous, but the movie does a good and believable job of explaining how it is done. While the movie is science-fiction there is a level of believability to what is happening and â
  47. Aug 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Duncan Jones's follow-up film to "Moon" follows a similar path of revealing major issues of worker compensation within the frame of a story much larger in scale. Unlike similar indie directors, it appears Jones was able to handle the larger budget without problem. Expand
  48. Sep 27, 2013
    Good movie with an interesting storyline, nice cast. Do not know what else to say, definitely worth watching for everyone who likes movies with a slight touch of Sci-Fi or movies with amazing plots.
  49. Oct 18, 2014
    Source Code is a great piece of original science-fiction that has intense scenes, really good occasional violence and a strong lead performance from Jake Gyllenhall.
  50. Nov 18, 2012
    Absolutely amazing movie ... I watched all movies of Duncan Jones ...Moon and Whistle (Short Film) are also wonderful ... I'm looking forward to watch the other project of Duncan Jones ...
  51. Feb 6, 2013
    To be honest, I went into this movie not knowing a single thing at all about it. No trailers. No description. Nothing. All I knew was that it was meant to be some sort of Sci-Fi or thriller. It totally blew me away. While I did see the ending coming a mile away, it still went about it in a clever way. This is perhaps the only Jake Gyllenhaal movie I can remember liking both him and theTo be honest, I went into this movie not knowing a single thing at all about it. No trailers. No description. Nothing. All I knew was that it was meant to be some sort of Sci-Fi or thriller. It totally blew me away. While I did see the ending coming a mile away, it still went about it in a clever way. This is perhaps the only Jake Gyllenhaal movie I can remember liking both him and the movie at the same time. The acting is decent. The writing is clever (perhaps too clever at times,) and the premise is really interesting. Overall A movie that perhaps could have had a bit more time to tighten up a few minor plot holes, but I'm not sure how they would have done that without ruining it. I would really like to see this kind of movie being made again, just perhaps on a grander scale. Expand
  52. Sep 19, 2013
    [3.9] Not only is it hard to sit through the same scene an hour and a half, but it doesn't help when that scene is accompanied by less than believable acting, lack of originality, and an incredibly formulaic story. Making a mystery story with out any suspense, and one that is completely predictable, is something I could care less for.
  53. Jul 18, 2013
    Duncan Jones is showing he is one of the best sci-fi directors going today. Sure Source Code takes different elements from other films similar to his 2009 film Moon, but just like that film he adds a unique style that works perfectly. A
  54. Mar 24, 2013
    Uninteresting and not very memorable, although in some scenes is exciting.
  55. Jan 25, 2015
    Super original,Filme brilhante,Dirigido brilhantemente pelo filho do brilhante músico camaleão do rock David Bowie,Duncan Jones faz um ótimo trabalho
    Jake Gyllenhall dar uma super e intensa performance nesta incrível ficção científica de ação. Michelle Monaghan é incrível neste filme aquela Morena Gostosa,Jeffrey Wright está fenomenal numa super intensa e difícil performance e Vera Farmiga é ótima também.
    Excelente Filme!!!.
  56. Jun 17, 2014
    "Source Code is not time travel. Rather, Source Code is time re-assignment. It gives us access to a parallel reality."

Source Code is a top notch sci-fi thriller with an engaging story, a great lead actor that carries the film, and honestly after watching it i was rather mad at myself that it took me this long to see it. I have actually owned the movie since its been out on Blu ray but i just never got around to watching it. Lately though I've been trying to watch more movies i haven't seen so this was next up on the list also i justed watched Edge of Tomorrow last week so that also made me want to see this. Just like with Edge of Tomorrow this movie has been called a ripoff of "Groundhogs Day" which seriously sounds so stupid because its not like every other movie takes the formula of a successful film and then makes a movie with its own story based off that.

The movie follows Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) a U.S. Army helicopter pilot. Colter wakes up on a train dazed and not sure where he is as he was last aware of being on a mission in Afghanistan. He is sitting next to a woman Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) she acts likes she knows him and this freaks him he looks around for a bit then he notices a strange reflection in the window so he heads to the bathroom to figure out that he is not is his own body but the body of another person. Just when he leaves the bathroom Michelle and him start to argue about who he really is and then BOOM! the train blows up and we see Colter wake up into what seems to be the real world. This is when he is introduced to Colleen Goodwin (Vera Farmiga) all she does is ask questions about the train but Colter doesn't remember anything so she sends him back in.

So now we have our movie in which it does show several moments over and over again which i guess some people had a problem with but i didn't find it a problem. Now something that wasn't so much of a problem but was still something that could have made the movie just a little better was. The "Source Code" program people that were highly under developed but seeing that the story doesn't call for them being a big part it wasn't that big of a problem still though a little more info on them would have been nice. I will say my biggest problem with the movie is its beyond bland villain and his ultra cliche reasoning for why he is doing this and just like Non-Stop it was so much great build up for a underwhelming ending also was him being dead supposed to be a twist because they tell you before hand that only a dead person can use the source code program so that was a dead give away, i caught it i guess many didn't.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Jake Gyllenhaal does another fantastic performance, I seriously don't understand why some people don't like the guy he is a exceptional actor.
  57. Sep 21, 2013
    Source Code has a simple premise, and mediocre execution. The story keeps jumping from this time to this to that and sometimes I was lost. As someone who sat through Inception and basically understood 85% of it, this movie really confused me. Not just because of the story, but how Jake Gyllenhaal agreed to sign on to this project.
  58. Jun 5, 2014
    Just something a bit different and varied, Source Code really does not fail to deliver in any way. The story is engaging, the characters, although a little cliche, each have their own personality, and overall the film is adrenaline fueled, emotional, and twists and turns throughout it's entirety. It's the kind of film that has you believe you've worked it all out, and then throws a curveJust something a bit different and varied, Source Code really does not fail to deliver in any way. The story is engaging, the characters, although a little cliche, each have their own personality, and overall the film is adrenaline fueled, emotional, and twists and turns throughout it's entirety. It's the kind of film that has you believe you've worked it all out, and then throws a curve ball, and it's fantastic.

This is highly recommended to anyone with an interest in action and thriller films, and wants something outside of the cliched and copy-pasted generic flicks we get day in, day out.
  59. Ozy
    Feb 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't mind this flick, it was enjoyable and interesting. The ending although happy seemed a little bitter sweet. He ends up living in what? a parallel universe? as the other guy? Sought of nice but sad at the same time. I would definitely recommend to watch. Expand
  60. May 3, 2015
    The acting was pretty good,the story was original and interesting but,the awful CGI ruined all the explosions scenes.The end kinda ruined the movie but overall the movie was great.
  61. Sep 11, 2014
    In my opinion one of the best movie in these years and one my favourites ever. Intriguing and deep plot, never boring and really really touching at the end. I never wrote a Metacritic review but i'm doing it now just to tell you to watch this movie.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Apr 8, 2011
    Source Code is a formally disciplined work -- a triumph of movie syntax -- made with rhythm and pace. Jones, unlike most commercial directors, accelerates the tempo without producing visual gibberish. [11 April, 2011 p. 88]
  2. Reviewed by: Una LaMarche
    Apr 6, 2011
    The psychological payoffs outweigh any implausibilities. And what's the harm in logging off your network for a few hours to indulge in some good old-fashioned science fiction?
  3. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Apr 3, 2011
    It is a tremendous downer when the second half of the movie shirks logic, defies its own established principles and raises more questions than it answers.