7.6

1. Jul 13, 2011
    It started off a little confusing not because the plot was not comprehensible because it was hard to know that the character Sean was trying to recollect his memory. Through the movie my attention seemed to cease until the twist happened and it was revealed about his real life. The movie was almost inspirational at the fact not to live a contrived life but to live life by the moment and one day at a time. Although that is nearly impossible for anyone in our state to do that at least some day we can look forward to a day it will happen. It was very well acted and a strong performance by all the actors. Music was a little off with the mood of the movie; could have been better. The plot of the movie was very straightforward but also profound in the development of the script. It was a good film non-the-less but not a repeatedly watch movie in my eyes. Like the movie, you already know about the events before they unfold. Expand
  2. Jul 16, 2011
    This is a good movie. I watched it a second time just to view it knowing what I knew, and it was gold the second time. Great acting with a story that draws you in from the beginning. It was engaging with the mind and the emotions. Watch it!
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    perfect!______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  4. Aug 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this was an awesome movie. Packed full of action, romance, a bit of comedy, and a sci-fi sort of feel to it. It made you think of what you would do if you had only a small amount of time to live. It was a lot like Groundhog Day. It had the same sort of plot to it with the same thing happening over and over again. But this movie had it's own qualities. Like the sci-fi feel to it I brought up before, and the government conspiracy type deal. It was a bit confusing at times though and I couldn't figure out what was going on at times but you just have to be patient and you begin to follow. So in all I thought this movie was a pretty damn good movie and highly recommend it. Expand
  5. j30
    Sep 4, 2011
    I was hoping this movie would be better, maybe the cookie-cutter ending ruined my aspirations. None the less this movie is a tense, thought-provoking, emotionally driven popcorn summer movie.
  6. Sep 16, 2011
    Thrilling and complex, SOURCE CODE is a smooth combination of INCEPTION, FLIGHTPLAN, and GROUNDHOG DAY, with a slight romantic twist to it, as well. It could have been a lot longer, but that's not to say it was too short--excluding the credits, it ran for an hour and twenty-seven minutes, which isn't too bad, especially since everything was explained well in just that amount of time. Sometimes, to look at the disappointing side, the film just seemed like a feature-length ad for multiple products, as from beginning to end, it appeared as if there were Dunkin' Donuts logos and Coca-Cola labels flying across the camera like a crazy GEICO commercial, but beyond that, this was a decent science fiction thriller with a nice, smooth, even plot (if complex), and an overall all right ending. I'd recommend it, because it's great like INCEPTION, because of the complex plot and the whole "second reality"-type thing (or simply "dreams" in INCEPTION, similarly); but unlike INCEPTION, it's less of a saga, and it's much easier to sit through. Expand
  7. Jul 27, 2011
    Source Code is a really good thriller type movie which keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering whats going to happen next. The acting of Jake Gyllenhaal (Jarhead, Donnie Darko), Michelle Monaghan (Eagle Eye, Gone Baby Gone) and Vera Farmiga (The Departed, Up In The Air) are a real credit to the film. Overall if you want suspense, action and a real good thriller, then this is the movie for you. Expand
  8. Jul 27, 2011
    One Of the best Movies of 2011 FOR SURE! I even bought it on blu-ray. The movie was just really great. not just because of the special effects and all that, but the story was good. Its basically about a soldier called "Colter Stevens" who dies during battle on a helicopter and he's not completely dead! part of his brain is still alive and the army uses him for a new project called "source code". Steven's mission is to go back in time and find out who put the bomb on a train in Chicago, and find out where it is located. that's basically the story! and it has a time loop for the plot device. so he constantly goes back reliving those 8 minutes trying to find out what happened to him, and why hes there. During the time loop he falls in love with a women named Christina. and even after finishing his mission. he decides to go back into source code to try and save her! really GREAT movie. definitely its a must watch. Expand
  9. Aug 6, 2011
    A fantastic sci-fi film, possibly the best of the year. Thrilling, touching and with a good ending it is a must-see film for all film lovers. Probably the best film of the year.
  10. Aug 17, 2011
    Source Code, the second movie from Duncan Jones, the man who bought us the sleeper hit Moon in 2009, and now with an increased budget, and not to mention larger cast, he brings us this stylish and fast-paced sci fi thriller, and what a joyride it is.

The story begins with army helicopter pilot Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) who was last time he remembered in Afghanistan, awakening on a
    commuter train bound for Chicago. He's accompanied by Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) but he soon discovers all is not as it seems when he finds out he's inhabiting the body of Sean Fentress, a school teacher who regularly travels this route. Before he has time to work out what's going on, the train explodes, killing him and everyone else on board. He awakens to find he is an unwilling participant in a project called 'Source Code' and that he is accessing the last eight minutes of a person's life in an alternate timeline. The operator, Captain Colleen Goodwin, explains that there has been a terrorist attack on the commuter train he was travelling on, and now he must go back again and again until he can identify the bomber and find out his next target.

But, like all good thrillers, all is not as it seems, Colter soon finds out his mission takes a very personal turn when using his eight minute windows in the alternate timeline, he begins to investigate his own life as well and how he came to be part of the Source Code project.

The movie plays something like Groundhog Day meets Inception meets Jason Bourne. Jones throws you in hard and fast, giving you little time to find yourself before you're dragged along for the ride, probably as confused as Gyllenhaal as to what's going on initially, but by the time the first act closes, you'll be hooked.

The script, from Ben Ripley, a relative newcomer whose previous credits include two films in the Species franchise, is well-constructed and rounded, each plot point is placed at the correct intervals and the script is clever, but at the same time neither does it try and intentionally confuse you for confusions sake. Ripley explores the theories of alternate timelines and quantum mechanics in small digestible bites that doesn't drag the script down with too much scientific explanation explaining the concepts behind the story.

Considering this is only Jones' second feature he knocks the ball right out of the park. With Moon, Jones was able to tell a high-tension tale with what was essentially a one-man show from Sam Rockwell, and in a way he does the same here, considering that nearly the entire film is based around the same eight minutes of time, Jones explores every angle the story can take, pushing Gyllenhaal this way and that and balancing the action inside of the Source Code machine with the character development-driven period in the 'real' world. What should also be admired is that the budget for this movie, whilst $32 million isn't high for a science-fiction movie, Jones manages to make this film look and feel like something that costs five times more. Jones is definitely a talent to watch.

Overall, Source Code is an entertaining thriller that leaves you thinkng about te aspects of it long after the credits have rolled, it will certainly be worth repeat viewings and is worth every word of praise passed its way.
  11. Aug 23, 2011
    Après avoir vu Inception, il est devenu difficile de sortir un film appartenant à la science-fiction aussi bon que le chef-d'oeuvre de Christopher Nolan. Même s'il ne fait pas mieux, Duncan Jones arrive à nous livrer un divertissement qui sort des "rails" battus avec ce thriller captivant de bout en bout, orchestré avec brio et mis en scène avec savoir-faire. Et même si je préfère légèrement Moon (premier film du réalisateur), Source Code, bien qu'étant un soi disant remake de Moon, reste un film intelligent, comme le cinéma nous en livre rarement. Expand
  12. Aug 24, 2011
    I rate this movie highly because it kept me interested and I am not a big fan of "flashback" or "time travel" / "time shift" type films. One of the better movies I have seen in months. Watch it if you feel like being entertained.
  13. Sep 12, 2011
    Buy-it - Source Code is an exhilarating, mind-bending, sci-fi thriller where Jake Gyllenhaal enters a stranger's body on a Chicago train for 8 minutes at time in an attempt to find the bomber onboard - think Groundhog Day meets Minority Report - but better!
  14. Dec 21, 2013
    Very interesting concept anyone that's played Remember Me (2013 video game) will probably enjoy this. Basically you watch the same film clip over and over again but what makes it interesting is that each time you find out more about the story and the character overall. Source Code certainly doesn't come short in the originality department and it executes it very well. The only problem is that not much seemed to happen. The backstory and plot and characters were nowhere near deep enough or explored given the time and opportunities. It's not something for everyone, and I wouldn't call it a great film in its own right, but I can credit it for its uniqueness. Expand
  15. Oct 1, 2011
    A parable reflecting Americans' desperate desire to find a means to neutralize the threat of terrorism. Tellingly, the technical mechanics of counterterrorism are left vague: "its parabolic calculus ... very complicated"--an imprecision reflecting the actual (and necessary) shortcomings/limitations of counterterrorism. No real referent is available to the film makers; instead, the mythology (and latent desperation) of late cold war era "Star Wars" is a closer referent.
    Not surprisingly, dispare resolves into its opposite: hope. And yet, rather than adopting a resolute patriotism, the firm's anti-terrorism sentiment is grounded in the reverence of human life. Thus, while addressing a pervasive and distinctly American, post-9/11 sense of dispare, the strength of the films lies in its resolving upon a universal valuation of life--"Look at all this life," Gyllenhaal remarks in a final scene. In confronting the specter of terrorism, the film (wisely/refreshingly) affirms life rather than patriotism.
  16. Oct 8, 2011
    One of the best movies, I've ever watched! After the movie I was amazed. I think every part of this movie is perfectly attached to each other: writing (story), casting (actors) and filming. Good job.
    The story is terrific. The way it's made is unbelievable. During the film you feel so emotional and at the same time excited!
  17. Oct 9, 2011
    It took me a long while to convince my girlfriend to watch this film, we had seen the trailer in the cinema and she was not impressed. I too thought the film would just be something to take up time. The start to the film was slow but really set the scene for the film with great characterisation from the start. The film really got going after a slow 30 minute start but then carried on to keep my attention. A really good film with a great ending leaving a big smile on my face as the plot was easy to follow but made you think as well. Great film worth a watch or buy! Expand
  18. Oct 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For my money, a gripping thriller with an excellent performance from Jake Gyllenhaal - all eyes, military training and edginess. Michelle Monaghan also great, and the chemistry between the two leads kept me hanging in through all the repeats. I did find the Vera Farmiga role a bit unrealistic - lots of close-ups of facial emoting, meant to signal to the audience her inner conflict, yawn. And of course the basic sci fi premise isn't logical - but I've seen a lot worse movies in the last couple of years that pretended to be deep and significant. This movie focuses on the action and it delivers. From the opening shots it had confidence and direction - well worth to watch. Expand
  19. Jan 16, 2014
    This is second Jake Gyllenhaal in row I have watched and have come away impressed with his ability to carry a movie. The script was a well done for a sci-fi with a limited premise. Think groundhog day meets an alternate reality/time travel episode on star trek. That being said it is the human element and the characters that drive this movie vs. the sci-fi element the film is based on. Definitely worth the rent. Expand
  20. Oct 12, 2011
    Duncan Jones, son of David Bowie, has done it again. He has now created two amazing movies and this one blew me away. It has been described as the Groundhog Day of Action/Science-Fiction and I can see why people say that. I'm giving this movie a 9 out of 10 because it is near perfect, but there could have been things done to make it better. I am anticipating the next Duncan Jones movie.
  21. Apr 1, 2012
    An intriguing mystery with the scents of Groundhog Day and The Matrix. The special effects did not overshadow the plot, although some of it was hard to get my head round. Jake Gyllenhaal acts very realistically and the action was very well-paced. Surprisingly a very heart-pounding well crafted action thriller. The ending was fantastically unpredictable and I never would have known that it would be that beautiful. The film left on very high note. Expand
  22. Oct 16, 2011
    One of my favorite actor is playing in this movie and that is why I am giving it this score , I cant say that the movie is a total disaster but because it was getting very good critics I thought I would see better , a so and so movie I thing you should watch is because every person has his own style ...
  23. Dec 4, 2011
    Source Code is a great movie that is thrilling and entertaining from beginning to end. Jake Gyllenhaal as always gives a superb acting performance but all the other characters are good acting too. The plot is top-notch with many twists and turns and the ending just blew my mind away. There are times when the movie slows down a bit but that is insignificant compared to everything else. Overall the Source Code is a great movie that I'm 100% will entertain, especially those who liked Inception. Breakdown for Source Code: Presentaition: 9.7, Plot: 9.5, Acting: 9.8, Script: 9.5, Lasting Appeal: 9.5. Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  24. Oct 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. after along time i watch a movie which was really amazing... and i think it is not for all.... this is an awesome movie................... that's all Expand
  25. Sep 26, 2012
    Interesting twist on what could have been a predictable plot. Nice surprises. Good tension throughout. All in all a highly entertaining suspense film. It's becoming harder and harder to find movies on this genre that are as worth the time as Source Code is.
  26. Apr 5, 2012
    Source Code is perfect just the way it is. It keeps you guessing, has great acting, very decently filmed, and the story completely works. I'd say its a masterpiece.
  27. Nov 12, 2011
    Familiar science fiction concepts are played out well in this race against the clock consciousness swapping techno-thriller. The central plot device is a new technology allowing a person's consciousness to be integrated in to the experience of someone else in their final 8 minutes of life, this is used to foil a terrorist plot to kill thousands. The protagonist Colter Stevens' unwillingness and lack of choice in his role as hero, ads an extra dimension to this film that lets you take away more from it than just the concept itself which already has many interesting implications to consider. The ideas aren't new enough and the material not really original enough to be something I would call 'hard sci-fi' but it blends elements of action, thriller and science fiction very well and does no disservice to any of those genres in creating something that suspenseful, engaging and strong.

Like any good film and especially any good science fiction should, this will get you thinking and because it takes familiar elements of classic action-thrillers 'where's the bomb?', 'who's the terrorist?' and blends them with scientific and philosophical riddles; 'is consciousness physically encoded in our neurology and can we decode that and play it back as a unified experience?', 'is it right to impose suffering upon an individual if it means saving the lives of many?' - it gives you the best of both worlds. You're wearing two thinking caps with this one, internally playing your inner CIA-operative-come-detective as you try to solve the mystery before it's too late whilst also exploring the wider and more thoughtful implications that the plot's concept creates.

It does suffer from one major paradoxical flaw which is that, the ability to experience someone's last 8 minutes of life is explained as being the result of the overlap of a preserved 'afterglow' of magnetic energy within brain cells that preserve a semblance of consciousness and that the human brain uses something akin to a memory cache of 8 minutes of short term memory. Using these two ideas, a machine is created that can put an operator in to those last 8 minutes of memory, and so the hope is that those last 8 minutes will contain precious information to help uncover the identity of a dangerous terrorist known to be around the deceased individual at the time of his death. This is fine except that our hero is told to actively investigate and to do things and go places that the deceased man whose consciousness he is temporarily assuming, never did. Perhaps the 'afterglow' preserves enough of the person for them (or for Colter) to extrapolate what might have happened if in those 8 minutes, the person had done something different, like a vivd dream, but in that case the information would be more or less useless to anyone because it would just be someone's best guess, something the investigators who built the machine would have themselves anyway. If in my last 8 minutes of life I was in my home sleeping, and someone could use this device to experience those same final 8 minutes, they either couldn't wake up and walk around and go outside (because I didn't) or if they did, they'd just be imagining what was probably happening outside based on their best guess. You can't create information that isn't in the memory track of those 8 minutes.

With enough concentration, my inner nerd was able to shut up about this flaw and see the film through and it's worth it because the rewards are rich and the final denouement which so often seems an unnecessary tacked on bit of fluff, actually opens even more interesting avenues of thought and adds another layer to a film that seems simpler than it really is. It didn't warrant a higher score than an 8 for me because of the conceptual problem with the plot and because some of the characters are a bit typical but the film is impressive in its ability to pack a lot of sci-fi in to a simple passenger 57 action staple. Watch it, it's a good film.
  28. Nov 14, 2011
    Well what to say about the film.In short its 1 hr 35mins of pure entertainment(its more depends on ur mental capability to absorb the movie actually).On the first go the movie did feel like Ubisoft's hit video game title "Assassins Creed" and then it takes a big leap forward.It is very hard to avoid spoilers for a movie like SOURCE CODE but 1 thing is guaranteed youll be coming back to see this again and again.This shows the creativity of the director(very well accomplished)just BRAVO! ,While the story(i will not spoil anything here) is overwhelmingly gorgeous,its Jake Gylenhall that steals the show.He steps into the shows of main protagonists with remarkable ease.........SOURCE CODE is the winner all the way Expand
  29. Dec 19, 2011
    Some parts of this movie may get a little confusing (especially during the middle and to the end), but that will no detract from the marvelous popcorn entertainment that is Source Code. Definitely see!
  30. Nov 18, 2011
    Certainly not bad. The movie reminds me of both Inception and Groundhog Day. The movie is generally considered as a thriller - an action movie, but there is a bit of comedy in it as well. A movie should never forget to add a few creatively hilarious lines. A movie worth saying, although the ending was a bit weird.
  31. Jan 16, 2012
    Source Code is original and entertaining and benefits from Jake Gyllenhaal's charming and solid performance. It is a bit confusing at times but the film has decent visual effects, and will leave your mind spinning. I give this film 75%.
  32. Jun 23, 2012
    I loved this movie so much because it's a good start with an original idea and, in reverse of other films, managed to finish in a charming way. The direction is fantastic and the actors are great.
  33. Feb 22, 2013
    I love movies that make you think, and Source Code will do that, the problem is, that what you're thinking is probably what's going to happen. This film is a take on the TV show Quantum Leap, but instead of leaping until the issue is solved, the leaper only has 8 minutes to try and solve the problem. Jake Gyllenhaal stars and while I usually don't care for him much, he was excellent here. I have a feeling this character may have been written specifically for him, because he's got a strange style and seems to not fit many of his roles. Source Code is another film in a genre of endless possibilities, it tries really hard to stand out and be special, but sadly it's pretty predictable, while playing off other established material, such as Quantum Leap and The Matrix. It is an enjoyable film and one of Gyllenhaal's best performances that i've seen, but if you're into Science Fiction, the way that I am, you're not gonna have much trouble figuring this one out. Expand
  34. Jul 29, 2013
    I liked how 'blockbuster-action-big' this was at places, while remaining thoughtful. Very entertaining ride, with the same kind of twisty creativity that made Jones'-directed Moon a worthwhile sci fi-movie.
  35. Jan 21, 2012
    The film was was a mildly entertaining watch. At no point during the film did I feel a emotional connection with any of the characters and the plot was distinctly lacklustre. Disappointingly dull and flat film for a concept that packed definite potential.
  36. Feb 5, 2012
    How does it all end?
    Well you should find out by watching this thrilling Sci-Fi / Mystery Film! Duncan Jones is processing his good work and I can't wait to find out his new Masterpiece.
  37. May 6, 2012
    Source Code is not a thriller that keeps you guessing. The plot is believable and presents very few surprises. But it keeps you on the edge of your seat as you watch a man who doesn't know his own identity slowly discover the clues that reveal the truth.
  38. Dec 16, 2013
    Solid Sci-Fi movie with a solid hook. The conversations between sim runs are very nicely shot so as to not reveal too much too soon, which keeps you closely bound to the perspective of Colter Stevens as you're watching. Like a movie version of a first-person book. Jake Gyllenhaal was a really good pick for this movie because of the mindshare he brings to the table from his other movies.
  39. Mar 6, 2012
    This movie is brilliant! When the end came, I got a chill over all my body in front of such awesomeness. I liked so much that I decided to review this movie and give maximum score. Awesome!
  40. Mar 12, 2012
    I could relate somewhat to Jake Gylenhalls character. I was on a 13 hour flight and I had not gotten any sleep. All I wanted was for the ride to end, but then the tone changed and took me out of my beleaguered state. I loved that there was no definitive course of action to finding the bomber. He was given too many decisions with too limited time. The backstory was even more enthralling. As if not apart of the world anymore, he was trying to find his purpose to going back into the source code. It was intense when he found it, I started tearing up. I connect to main characters very intensely, and I was completely satisfied with the ending. I want to know what that poem meant though. Expand
  41. Sep 4, 2014
    As Duncan Jones second work as director, he's quickly proving his exquisite skill behind the camera. There are extreme complexities here, but because of the pace and rhythm from Jones, we enjoy every step of the way. Also, another achievement for Jake Gyllenhaal's collection of beautiful dramatic work.
  42. Jan 22, 2013
    Source Code is confusing on all levels which it makes it nearly impossible to stay interested in. The ending of the movie is so far-fetched for even movies that it becomes completely unrealistic.
  43. Mar 26, 2012
    The overall premise of a person being able to relive a persons last eight minutes may sound ludicrous, but the movie does a good and believable job of explaining how it is done. While the movie is science-fiction there is a level of believability to what is happening and â
  44. Aug 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Duncan Jones's follow-up film to "Moon" follows a similar path of revealing major issues of worker compensation within the frame of a story much larger in scale. Unlike similar indie directors, it appears Jones was able to handle the larger budget without problem. Expand
  45. Sep 27, 2013
    Good movie with an interesting storyline, nice cast. Do not know what else to say, definitely worth watching for everyone who likes movies with a slight touch of Sci-Fi or movies with amazing plots.
  46. Nov 18, 2012
    This is one of the most exactly mediocre films I've seen. In terms of artistic merit it's actually Romantic fodder. The lead actors are good (Jake Gyllenhaal and Michelle Monaghan), the supporting actors are fair, the plot is unoriginal (as I saw another user review say), and the musical score makes me seasick. That said, it's a mainstream flick, what else can you expect. A good way to judge how good a drama is a lot of times is how good the few jokes are that are interspersed throughout a movie. The jokes were cheesy, which in my mind solidifies this movie as not good. I have to admit, there are some clever moments here and there; but they are few and far in between. There's simply no irony in any of the main plot points. No sarcasm. In my opinion good movies have a post-modern flair. Great or excellent movies are meta-modern. If Impressionism were a film movement, this wouldn't even be that. Not even proto-impressionism. Pure Romanticism. In other words, for people who have no idea what I'm talking about, this movie is neither bad nor good. I can't even say it's okay, because it plays it too safe. Keyword: Plain. Expand
  47. Nov 18, 2012
    Absolutely amazing movie ... I watched all movies of Duncan Jones ...Moon and Whistle (Short Film) are also wonderful ... I'm looking forward to watch the other project of Duncan Jones ...
  48. Feb 6, 2013
    To be honest, I went into this movie not knowing a single thing at all about it. No trailers. No description. Nothing. All I knew was that it was meant to be some sort of Sci-Fi or thriller. It totally blew me away. While I did see the ending coming a mile away, it still went about it in a clever way. This is perhaps the only Jake Gyllenhaal movie I can remember liking both him and the movie at the same time. The acting is decent. The writing is clever (perhaps too clever at times,) and the premise is really interesting. Overall A movie that perhaps could have had a bit more time to tighten up a few minor plot holes, but I'm not sure how they would have done that without ruining it. I would really like to see this kind of movie being made again, just perhaps on a grander scale. Expand
  49. Sep 19, 2013
    [3.9] Not only is it hard to sit through the same scene an hour and a half, but it doesn't help when that scene is accompanied by less than believable acting, lack of originality, and an incredibly formulaic story. Making a mystery story with out any suspense, and one that is completely predictable, is something I could care less for.
  50. May 3, 2013
    unfortunately source code isn't an original story cause we all seen this before however Jake Gyllenhaal is a good actor and he did his part very well but the story is not convincing at all which made some acting scenes were out of place i blame the writer and the director for the fact that i didn't enjoy the movie at all.
  51. Jul 18, 2013
    Duncan Jones is showing he is one of the best sci-fi directors going today. Sure Source Code takes different elements from other films similar to his 2009 film Moon, but just like that film he adds a unique style that works perfectly. A
  52. Mar 24, 2013
    Uninteresting and not very memorable, although in some scenes is exciting.
  53. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not an amazing movie. The idea behind the history is a little lie. And they dont explane nothing.
    How a dead man can enter in another dead people to live 8 minutes of his ending? And thw worst, not just the 8 ending moments of his life, but in other dimensions, making what he want to make?

If you enter in the dead mind to look his 8 minutes left, you will just look that moment, you will cant change, just see that!
  54. Jun 17, 2014
    "Source Code is not time travel. Rather, Source Code is time re-assignment. It gives us access to a parallel reality."

Source Code is a top notch sci-fi thriller with an engaging story, a great lead actor that carries the film, and honestly after watching it i was rather mad at myself that it took me this long to see it. I have actually owned the movie since its been out on Blu ray but
    i just never got around to watching it. Lately though I've been trying to watch more movies i haven't seen so this was next up on the list also i justed watched Edge of Tomorrow last week so that also made me want to see this. Just like with Edge of Tomorrow this movie has been called a ripoff of "Groundhogs Day" which seriously sounds so stupid because its not like every other movie takes the formula of a successful film and then makes a movie with its own story based off that.

The movie follows Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) a U.S. Army helicopter pilot. Colter wakes up on a train dazed and not sure where he is as he was last aware of being on a mission in Afghanistan. He is sitting next to a woman Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) she acts likes she knows him and this freaks him he looks around for a bit then he notices a strange reflection in the window so he heads to the bathroom to figure out that he is not is his own body but the body of another person. Just when he leaves the bathroom Michelle and him start to argue about who he really is and then BOOM! the train blows up and we see Colter wake up into what seems to be the real world. This is when he is introduced to Colleen Goodwin (Vera Farmiga) all she does is ask questions about the train but Colter doesn't remember anything so she sends him back in.

So now we have our movie in which it does show several moments over and over again which i guess some people had a problem with but i didn't find it a problem. Now something that wasn't so much of a problem but was still something that could have made the movie just a little better was. The "Source Code" program people that were highly under developed but seeing that the story doesn't call for them being a big part it wasn't that big of a problem still though a little more info on them would have been nice. I will say my biggest problem with the movie is its beyond bland villain and his ultra cliche reasoning for why he is doing this and just like Non-Stop it was so much great build up for a underwhelming ending also was him being dead supposed to be a twist because they tell you before hand that only a dead person can use the source code program so that was a dead give away, i caught it i guess many didn't.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Jake Gyllenhaal does another fantastic performance, I seriously don't understand why some people don't like the guy he is a exceptional actor.
  55. Sep 21, 2013
    Source Code has a simple premise, and mediocre execution. The story keeps jumping from this time to this to that and sometimes I was lost. As someone who sat through Inception and basically understood 85% of it, this movie really confused me. Not just because of the story, but how Jake Gyllenhaal agreed to sign on to this project.
  56. Jun 5, 2014
    Just something a bit different and varied, Source Code really does not fail to deliver in any way. The story is engaging, the characters, although a little cliche, each have their own personality, and overall the film is adrenaline fueled, emotional, and twists and turns throughout it's entirety. It's the kind of film that has you believe you've worked it all out, and then throws a curve ball, and it's fantastic.

This is highly recommended to anyone with an interest in action and thriller films, and wants something outside of the cliched and copy-pasted generic flicks we get day in, day out.
  57. Sep 11, 2014
    In my opinion one of the best movie in these years and one my favourites ever. Intriguing and deep plot, never boring and really really touching at the end. I never wrote a Metacritic review but i'm doing it now just to tell you to watch this movie.

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Apr 8, 2011
    Source Code is a formally disciplined work -- a triumph of movie syntax -- made with rhythm and pace. Jones, unlike most commercial directors, accelerates the tempo without producing visual gibberish. [11 April, 2011 p. 88]
  2. Reviewed by: Una LaMarche
    Apr 6, 2011
    The psychological payoffs outweigh any implausibilities. And what's the harm in logging off your network for a few hours to indulge in some good old-fashioned science fiction?
  3. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Apr 3, 2011
    It is a tremendous downer when the second half of the movie shirks logic, defies its own established principles and raises more questions than it answers.