7.7

1. Sep 21, 2013
    Source Code has a simple premise, and mediocre execution. The story keeps jumping from this time to this to that and sometimes I was lost. As someone who sat through Inception and basically understood 85% of it, this movie really confused me. Not just because of the story, but how Jake Gyllenhaal agreed to sign on to this project.
  2. Sep 4, 2014
    As Duncan Jones second work as director, he's quickly proving his exquisite skill behind the camera. There are extreme complexities here, but because of the pace and rhythm from Jones, we enjoy every step of the way. Also, another achievement for Jake Gyllenhaal's collection of beautiful dramatic work.
  3. Apr 3, 2011
    If you've seen the trailer don't expect that level of excitement from the real thing. Jake Gyllenhaal plays a soldier who's placed on a train that's headed for a disastrous explosion. He has 8 minutes to find the bomber and must repeat this sequence until he accomplishes his mission. Watching the story unfold is interesting, but lacking in surprises or suspense. There's also time wastedIf you've seen the trailer don't expect that level of excitement from the real thing. Jake Gyllenhaal plays a soldier who's placed on a train that's headed for a disastrous explosion. He has 8 minutes to find the bomber and must repeat this sequence until he accomplishes his mission. Watching the story unfold is interesting, but lacking in surprises or suspense. There's also time wasted trying to build an emotional connection. While it's never boring, it will quickly be forgotten as an average sci-fi tale. Expand
  4. Jan 22, 2013
    Source Code is confusing on all levels which it makes it nearly impossible to stay interested in. The ending of the movie is so far-fetched for even movies that it becomes completely unrealistic.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    While it can't even spit in the proverbial direction of Jones' first classic "Moon," "Source Code" is still an interesting action film, making some hard-to-swallow subject matter actually comprehensible.
  6. Sep 18, 2011
    "Source Code" smells like a Hollywood movie with a extreme Hollywood ending. But overall, the movie is nothing like it. It mesmerizes the audience with its powerful cinematography and innovative plot. Truly a movie that is worthy of a Oscar nomination.
  7. Feb 22, 2013
    I love movies that make you think, and Source Code will do that, the problem is, that what you're thinking is probably what's going to happen. This film is a take on the TV show Quantum Leap, but instead of leaping until the issue is solved, the leaper only has 8 minutes to try and solve the problem. Jake Gyllenhaal stars and while I usually don't care for him much, he was excellent here.I love movies that make you think, and Source Code will do that, the problem is, that what you're thinking is probably what's going to happen. This film is a take on the TV show Quantum Leap, but instead of leaping until the issue is solved, the leaper only has 8 minutes to try and solve the problem. Jake Gyllenhaal stars and while I usually don't care for him much, he was excellent here. I have a feeling this character may have been written specifically for him, because he's got a strange style and seems to not fit many of his roles. Source Code is another film in a genre of endless possibilities, it tries really hard to stand out and be special, but sadly it's pretty predictable, while playing off other established material, such as Quantum Leap and The Matrix. It is an enjoyable film and one of Gyllenhaal's best performances that i've seen, but if you're into Science Fiction, the way that I am, you're not gonna have much trouble figuring this one out. Expand
  8. Jul 18, 2013
    Duncan Jones is showing he is one of the best sci-fi directors going today. Sure Source Code takes different elements from other films similar to his 2009 film Moon, but just like that film he adds a unique style that works perfectly. A
  9. j30
    Sep 4, 2011
    I was hoping this movie would be better, maybe the cookie-cutter ending ruined my aspirations. None the less this movie is a tense, thought-provoking, emotionally driven popcorn summer movie.
  10. Jul 12, 2014
    Source Code is an entertaining concept thriller. It takes the whole Groundhog Day time lapse thing and constructs a new action-orientated premise out of it. Great fun all the way around.
  11. Apr 2, 2011
    The trailer makes this film look very ordinary, but very early into the actual movie, you realize something interesting is going on. Don't want to spoil anything by comparing it to other films or TV show, but the writing is terrific. The way layers of the onion are peeled back is artful and entertaining. One of the best "major" releases of the young year in my book.
  12. Apr 5, 2012
    Source Code is perfect just the way it is. It keeps you guessing, has great acting, very decently filmed, and the story completely works. I'd say its a masterpiece.
  13. Jan 16, 2012
    Source Code is original and entertaining and benefits from Jake Gyllenhaal's charming and solid performance. It is a bit confusing at times but the film has decent visual effects, and will leave your mind spinning. I give this film 75%.
  14. Dec 7, 2012
    A really smart film. Unfortunately, it was also forgotten by many people, partly due its release date in Spring 2011; it came out in the weird months prior to blockbuster season. The repeating 8 minute scene never gets old as director Duncan Jones (Moon) proves he is a solid director in his second directorial effort.
  15. Apr 2, 2013
    Duncan Jones directs a fast-paced and surprisingly thrilling film with Source Code, and could just be a hit with everyone.
    Jake Gyllenhaal stars as who we believe to be Sean Fentress, who has awoken aboard a train going towards downtown Chicago, but he is does not remember how he got here in the first place.
    We soon learn that he is not this train commuter at all, but he is actually a
    We soon learn that he is not this train commuter at all, but he is actually a man locked up in a time-traveling mechanism that is inside the thoughts of another man...got that?
    Basically we see him as Gyllenhaal, and he has all the memories of his actual self, Colter Stevens, but he actually appears to be this other guy to everyone else, and this is brilliantly done,through going back to the same position he was put in at the start of the film by the shady company who are using him to try and prevent a terrorist attack.
    Michelle Monaghan also stars as the woman in the seat across from Colonel Stevens, someone he doesn't know but she of course is seeing Sean Fentress which makes for very interesting chemistry and at times quite humorous dialogue.
    Gyllenhaal exceeds in his role as the double man form different realities, combining pulsating action with charm and sophistication, and carries the film exceptionally well for its attention-demanding plot.
    My one very small complaint is perhaps the too-good-to-be-true ending, which was nice to see, but could easily have been flipped on its side and demanded more, while only a small complaint, I think it is still relevant considering the excellent story.
    The ridiculousness of the plot can be overlooked in so many ways by simply enjoying the story going on in front of you, as Stevens begins to get the hang of his time jumping each time he fails and is put back in the same place, remembering occurrences that are about to happen.
    But with a gripping turn in the story, its simply brilliant to sit back and watch the drama unfold in front of you, with plenty of interesting characters who all serve a purpose to Colonel Stevens mission.
    The thrill ride of Source Code never stops and continuously takes many twists and turns that add up to one of the best films of the year, surprising, enjoyable and heaps of fun and that does put a unique rhythm on the idea of time travelling and consequences.
  16. Sep 18, 2011
    Duncan Jones continues to impress with his second feature. Jake Gyllenhaal, as always, is effortlessly charming, and makes the central character easy to engage with. Vera Farmiga also impresses, but Michelle Monaghan less so, as it seems like they could have cast anyone in her role. Source Code looks good and sounds good, as well as giving viewers' brains a bit of a workout before theDuncan Jones continues to impress with his second feature. Jake Gyllenhaal, as always, is effortlessly charming, and makes the central character easy to engage with. Vera Farmiga also impresses, but Michelle Monaghan less so, as it seems like they could have cast anyone in her role. Source Code looks good and sounds good, as well as giving viewers' brains a bit of a workout before the brainless blockbuster season begins in earnest. The central premise is rather clever, though the film borders on incomprehensibility in the last act. It's not quite up there with Jones' debut Moon, but Source Code is proof that he is a safe pair of hands even with larger-scale projects. Expand
  17. Apr 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dr. Sam Beckett(Scott Bakula) never overstayed his welcome. In "Quantum Leap", the great science fiction series that enjoyed an inspired four-year run on NBC in the early-nineties, the time-traveling physicist would supplant body after body like a benevolent demon, solving their dilemmas with the utmost expediency before dispossessing his hosts in a self-induced exorcism that worked like a trigger mechanism predicated on situational closure. This would prove to be beneficial for our nowhere man because sooner or later, hypothetically(Al, played by Dean Stockwell, a hologram, always kept track of Sam's departure time) the loved ones and acquaintances of the newly-consumed person would eventually discern that they were dealing with an impostor. If Sam took up full residence in one of the host bodies, this new lease on life couldn't possibly pan out due to his lack of shared histories with the people he'd be expected to be intimately familiar with. Travel-weary, from all that bouncing along his own chronological timeline, the quantum leaper yearned for a sedentary existence, but the only possible happy ending for Sam would have been for him to return as himself. To settle down as somebody else, learning the supplanted person's persona like a new language, strikes me as being a little insidious, not to mention, parasitic, and that's the nagging flaw of "Source Code", an otherwise ingenious sci-fi thriller which unfortunately, doesn't know when its time is up. Once Cpt. Colter Stevens(Jake Gyllenhaal) averts the intended expression of the secondary crisis(the bomb poised to level Chicago that never detonates), thanks to the Afghanistan veteran's time-sensitive(Sam had forty-two minutes, Colter has eight) on-the-fly detective work, his superior, Colleen Goodwin, in gratitude for the captain's hand in apprehending the perpetrator, allows the military's guinea pig to die gracefully, by giving him a chance to save the doomed train commuters with one final rewind of the source code. (In a sense, "Source Code" is like Woody Allen's "The Purple Rose of Cairo". The real Colter is in a life-support chamber, while the digital Colter, is essentially, playing a part in a movie(the source code can be read as an eight-minute action-short. In the end, like the Mia Farrow character in the Allen film, the heroine falls for the simulation.) As in Harold Ramis' "Groundhog Day", through repeated stints in the time loop, the self-actualized person accumulates information to affect a different outcome. By trial and error, Colter learns that the bomb up in the ventilation shaft comes equipped with a backup trigger, a secondary cellphone, which he defuses, therefore changing the predetermined outcome of the program's allotted eight minutes. Instead of a violent explosion, engulfing the train with an all-consuming fire, the last tick of the program's timecode corresponds to a freeze-frame where the once-victimized passengers' laughter is captured in mid-regale during the last moment of their filmic existence. Meanwhile, Colter is engaged in an petrified kiss with the woman he grows to love, Christina Warren(Michelle Monaghan), the passenger who happens to be seated across from his train compartment when the soldier leaps into the body of Sean, her teaching colleague from work. This is how "Source Code" should end: a film-within-the-film happy ending. It's "Groundhog Day" in miniature. Colter learns to live life to its fullest in eight minutes. Reality-wise, these people are all dead, but in the altered source code, the victims of the terrorist attack now get to live, not die, after their running time is up. The filmmaker ruins the poetry of the moment. But Hollywood, not known for its poetic gestures, especially within the context of a would-be blockbuster, is not going to make allowances for any art-house pretensions, so instead of going out like Anthony Doniel, last seen on the shoreline in Francois Truffaut's "Les quatre cents coupe", "Source Code" tells us that there's life beyond a pre-recording, and sadly, the freeze-frame unfreezes. That's where the film loses me. Since the soldier sends a text message to Coleen(from within the source code), it must mean that he has his own memories, not Sean's, the man he usurped. As aforementioned, Sam Beckett never overstayed his welcome. How long will it take before Christina realizes that the man she's with is not actually Sean? How will she react? Colter can't blame his unfamiliarity with the schoolteacher's life on amnesia, or else he wouldn't be cognizant of Christina. The digitalized woman seems to be in love with an amalgamation(her old feelings for Sean mixed in with Colter's heartfelt pursuance of her). How confusing for her. It's a paradox that "Source Code" may not be aware of. The filmmaker, perhaps under pressure from the studio, simply rams a happy ending down everybody's throats. Logic, be damned! Expand
  18. May 2, 2011
    I was looking forward to this film, with a good cast, interesting story line, a director whose debut film "Moon" was one of my favourites of 2009. However, unfortunately with all the ingredients right, the film never quite grasps the audience and remains a collection of moments.
  19. Feb 6, 2013
    To be honest, I went into this movie not knowing a single thing at all about it. No trailers. No description. Nothing. All I knew was that it was meant to be some sort of Sci-Fi or thriller. It totally blew me away. While I did see the ending coming a mile away, it still went about it in a clever way. This is perhaps the only Jake Gyllenhaal movie I can remember liking both him and theTo be honest, I went into this movie not knowing a single thing at all about it. No trailers. No description. Nothing. All I knew was that it was meant to be some sort of Sci-Fi or thriller. It totally blew me away. While I did see the ending coming a mile away, it still went about it in a clever way. This is perhaps the only Jake Gyllenhaal movie I can remember liking both him and the movie at the same time. The acting is decent. The writing is clever (perhaps too clever at times,) and the premise is really interesting. Overall A movie that perhaps could have had a bit more time to tighten up a few minor plot holes, but I'm not sure how they would have done that without ruining it. I would really like to see this kind of movie being made again, just perhaps on a grander scale. Expand
  20. Oct 29, 2011
    I guess it's possible to make a watchable movie even when it's confusing. The ending, which defies all logic, in particular left me scratching my head. I prefer sci-fi pictures that have plausibility, but must admit that I was entertained. Still, it does not deserve all the rave reviews.
  21. May 3, 2015
    The acting was pretty good,the story was original and interesting but,the awful CGI ruined all the explosions scenes.The end kinda ruined the movie but overall the movie was great.
  22. Jun 20, 2011
    Source Code is a great sci-fi movie which explores travels on time and parallels realities through a very simple premise, but never ceasing to be puzzling and intriguing. The scriptwriter, Ben Ripley, doesn't make many ceremonies to quickly explore the pretext of the repetition of the narrative, discovering the mechanisms of the pump or by placing the characters off the train. SomeSource Code is a great sci-fi movie which explores travels on time and parallels realities through a very simple premise, but never ceasing to be puzzling and intriguing. The scriptwriter, Ben Ripley, doesn't make many ceremonies to quickly explore the pretext of the repetition of the narrative, discovering the mechanisms of the pump or by placing the characters off the train. Some parallel actions, such as the gun, end up having less potential, but they don't undermine the progress of the narrative. Too bad the ending is sugar water, that need to deliver a happy ending to leave the viewer satisfied at the end, which is not always necessary. It is still an above well average film, engaging, dynamic and efficient. Expand
  23. Jun 17, 2014
    "Source Code is not time travel. Rather, Source Code is time re-assignment. It gives us access to a parallel reality."

Source Code is a top notch sci-fi thriller with an engaging story, a great lead actor that carries the film, and honestly after watching it i was rather mad at myself that it took me this long to see it. I have actually owned the movie since its been out on Blu ray but i just never got around to watching it. Lately though I've been trying to watch more movies i haven't seen so this was next up on the list also i justed watched Edge of Tomorrow last week so that also made me want to see this. Just like with Edge of Tomorrow this movie has been called a ripoff of "Groundhogs Day" which seriously sounds so stupid because its not like every other movie takes the formula of a successful film and then makes a movie with its own story based off that.

The movie follows Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) a U.S. Army helicopter pilot. Colter wakes up on a train dazed and not sure where he is as he was last aware of being on a mission in Afghanistan. He is sitting next to a woman Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) she acts likes she knows him and this freaks him he looks around for a bit then he notices a strange reflection in the window so he heads to the bathroom to figure out that he is not is his own body but the body of another person. Just when he leaves the bathroom Michelle and him start to argue about who he really is and then BOOM! the train blows up and we see Colter wake up into what seems to be the real world. This is when he is introduced to Colleen Goodwin (Vera Farmiga) all she does is ask questions about the train but Colter doesn't remember anything so she sends him back in.

So now we have our movie in which it does show several moments over and over again which i guess some people had a problem with but i didn't find it a problem. Now something that wasn't so much of a problem but was still something that could have made the movie just a little better was. The "Source Code" program people that were highly under developed but seeing that the story doesn't call for them being a big part it wasn't that big of a problem still though a little more info on them would have been nice. I will say my biggest problem with the movie is its beyond bland villain and his ultra cliche reasoning for why he is doing this and just like Non-Stop it was so much great build up for a underwhelming ending also was him being dead supposed to be a twist because they tell you before hand that only a dead person can use the source code program so that was a dead give away, i caught it i guess many didn't.

Overall i give it a 7.5 Jake Gyllenhaal does another fantastic performance, I seriously don't understand why some people don't like the guy he is a exceptional actor.
  24. Apr 30, 2011
    "To Confusing for its own Good , Source Code may come as a turn off to action fans , its not your average no holds bar action flick , it feels watered down and just mere sloppy. Everyone can do much better then this movie a huge disappointment" .. C
  25. Feb 16, 2013
    This is a very well made film with lots of attention to detail, everything fits and everything works pretty well. There are overtones of Groundhog Day (1993), in that a time period is repeated, but I found this one very different. Although not as good as ‘Moon’, IMO, I really liked this film and I’m glad I gave it a second look. It’s nicely paced, there’s a pretty good soundtrack, althoughThis is a very well made film with lots of attention to detail, everything fits and everything works pretty well. There are overtones of Groundhog Day (1993), in that a time period is repeated, but I found this one very different. Although not as good as ‘Moon’, IMO, I really liked this film and I’m glad I gave it a second look. It’s nicely paced, there’s a pretty good soundtrack, although it’s quite subdued and at ninety three minutes, it’s not too long. Over all, it’s a well written, nicely paced piece of science fiction with quite a nice twist at the end. Comparisons have been made with ‘Inception’ but I’m not even going to go there, they are totally different. I didn’t score it quite as highly as first time around because I felt it didn’t have quite the impact it did on the big screen. Still a very enjoyable watch though.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED My score: 8.2/10.
  26. May 13, 2011
    A mindf*ck? Inception? Source Code is confusing but exciting. It's not just about technical level, but also blend humor and drama although I admit a little bit fail. Great script, acting and direction - beware Duncan Jones will blow you away.
  27. Sep 27, 2013
    Good movie with an interesting storyline, nice cast. Do not know what else to say, definitely worth watching for everyone who likes movies with a slight touch of Sci-Fi or movies with amazing plots.
  28. Jan 25, 2015
    Super original,Filme brilhante,Dirigido brilhantemente pelo filho do brilhante músico camaleão do rock David Bowie,Duncan Jones faz um ótimo trabalho
    Jake Gyllenhall dar uma super e intensa performance nesta incrível ficção científica de ação. Michelle Monaghan é incrível neste filme aquela Morena Gostosa,Jeffrey Wright está fenomenal numa super intensa e difícil performance e Vera Farmiga é ótima também.
    Excelente Filme!!!.
  29. Jul 21, 2012
    Source Code has secured Duncan Jones' funding for a few more films as he continues to show what an excellent talent he is in the sci-fi genre. The film started to become slightly repetitive towards the latter stages but all in all this film was very good. I believe that the talents of Jake Gyllenhaal helped to steer the audience throughout this picture.
  30. Jul 18, 2011
    This movie is the best I've seen an incredible story, this movie made â
  31. Apr 5, 2011
    The movie feels like a bad attempt to make a very good short story into a full length movie. It doesn't work and it while one remains curious, one soon loses interest. It also has that awful Hollywood ending which makes a great arty movie into a rubbish weekly rental at the local video store.
  32. Aug 23, 2011
    Après avoir vu Inception, il est devenu difficile de sortir un film appartenant à la science-fiction aussi bon que le chef-d'oeuvre de Christopher Nolan. Même s'il ne fait pas mieux, Duncan Jones arrive à nous livrer un divertissement qui sort des "rails" battus avec ce thriller captivant de bout en bout, orchestré avec brioAprès avoir vu Inception, il est devenu difficile de sortir un film appartenant à la science-fiction aussi bon que le chef-d'oeuvre de Christopher Nolan. Même s'il ne fait pas mieux, Duncan Jones arrive à nous livrer un divertissement qui sort des "rails" battus avec ce thriller captivant de bout en bout, orchestré avec brio et mis en scène avec savoir-faire. Et même si je préfère légèrement Moon (premier film du réalisateur), Source Code, bien qu'étant un soi disant remake de Moon, reste un film intelligent, comme le cinéma nous en livre rarement. Expand
  33. Apr 9, 2011
    Source Code is a time traveling adventure movie with great atmosphere to see where captain must save the day that the train will explode and he comes back in 8 minutes to live. That movie is so cool and it's a lot of fun to see!
  34. Apr 3, 2011
    What a convoluted mess. If I had to go back on that damn train again, I would have had a seizure. The film's premise is only partially clear and that is big failure. It simply makes no sense. In addition, the film steals from Avatar and Memento and others. I tried to understand the concept but it is useless. A major headache is all I got.
  35. Mar 24, 2013
    Uninteresting and not very memorable, although in some scenes is exciting.
  36. Apr 1, 2012
    An intriguing mystery with the scents of Groundhog Day and The Matrix. The special effects did not overshadow the plot, although some of it was hard to get my head round. Jake Gyllenhaal acts very realistically and the action was very well-paced. Surprisingly a very heart-pounding well crafted action thriller. The ending was fantastically unpredictable and I never would have known that itAn intriguing mystery with the scents of Groundhog Day and The Matrix. The special effects did not overshadow the plot, although some of it was hard to get my head round. Jake Gyllenhaal acts very realistically and the action was very well-paced. Surprisingly a very heart-pounding well crafted action thriller. The ending was fantastically unpredictable and I never would have known that it would be that beautiful. The film left on very high note. Expand
  37. Mar 26, 2012
    The overall premise of a person being able to relive a persons last eight minutes may sound ludicrous, but the movie does a good and believable job of explaining how it is done. While the movie is science-fiction there is a level of believability to what is happening and â
  38. Jun 10, 2011
    I have been waiting a long time for a mind bending thriller and I finally found it in Source Code. Not only is it a great physiological thriller it is also one of the better ones ever made. With quotable lines, likable characters and an amazing plot that you can really get hooked into, Source Code is the greatest first quarter release I have ever seen.
  39. Sep 16, 2011
    Thrilling and complex, SOURCE CODE is a smooth combination of INCEPTION, FLIGHTPLAN, and GROUNDHOG DAY, with a slight romantic twist to it, as well. It could have been a lot longer, but that's not to say it was too short--excluding the credits, it ran for an hour and twenty-seven minutes, which isn't too bad, especially since everything was explained well in just that amount of time.Thrilling and complex, SOURCE CODE is a smooth combination of INCEPTION, FLIGHTPLAN, and GROUNDHOG DAY, with a slight romantic twist to it, as well. It could have been a lot longer, but that's not to say it was too short--excluding the credits, it ran for an hour and twenty-seven minutes, which isn't too bad, especially since everything was explained well in just that amount of time. Sometimes, to look at the disappointing side, the film just seemed like a feature-length ad for multiple products, as from beginning to end, it appeared as if there were Dunkin' Donuts logos and Coca-Cola labels flying across the camera like a crazy GEICO commercial, but beyond that, this was a decent science fiction thriller with a nice, smooth, even plot (if complex), and an overall all right ending. I'd recommend it, because it's great like INCEPTION, because of the complex plot and the whole "second reality"-type thing (or simply "dreams" in INCEPTION, similarly); but unlike INCEPTION, it's less of a saga, and it's much easier to sit through. Expand
  40. Feb 20, 2013
    Source code is one of the smarter and more original science fiction movies (It was directed by Duncan Jones who made Moon also worth checking out). I gave it 6 point because, while it is somewhat original, unfortunately can not avoid the usual Hollywood clichés, and becomes predictable. Worth checking out, but will not be remembered much...
  41. Oct 13, 2011
    Real science fiction movies with meaning and ideas are my favourite movies and Source Code is well worth everyones time. The story is engaging with many twists and turns, Jake Gyllenhaal is good as the lead, and there are some interesting surprises. The movie does seem a little too familiar to other science fiction movies we have already seen but it is still a solid watch - I want moreReal science fiction movies with meaning and ideas are my favourite movies and Source Code is well worth everyones time. The story is engaging with many twists and turns, Jake Gyllenhaal is good as the lead, and there are some interesting surprises. The movie does seem a little too familiar to other science fiction movies we have already seen but it is still a solid watch - I want more movies like this. Recommended Expand
  42. May 3, 2013
    unfortunately source code isn't an original story cause we all seen this before however Jake Gyllenhaal is a good actor and he did his part very well but the story is not convincing at all which made some acting scenes were out of place i blame the writer and the director for the fact that i didn't enjoy the movie at all.
  43. Jun 18, 2011
    genius plot. the story of the movie was good. it was dramatic though. but it kept my attention. it was a good role for Jake. good movie.....................
  44. Mar 13, 2013
    Source Code took me by surprise. The premise of a bomb being planted somewhere and our hero having to capture the bad-guy made me expecting a sort of action movie la Die Hard but instead it offered this very deep psychological thriller that'll make you think. There is some excellent chemistry between the protagonist Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) and his counterpart Christina WarrenSource Code took me by surprise. The premise of a bomb being planted somewhere and our hero having to capture the bad-guy made me expecting a sort of action movie la Die Hard but instead it offered this very deep psychological thriller that'll make you think. There is some excellent chemistry between the protagonist Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) and his counterpart Christina Warren (Michelle Monaghan) which makes sure that the inevitable romance doesn't look awkward. Colleen Goodwin (Vera Farmiga) does an excellent job as well, playing the devil's advocate. The twist at the ending is a bit of a braintwister and far too open to interpretation and the movie would have fared better off without it if you ask me. Because of this reason alone I can't give it a 10. This is one of the most captivating thrillers I have seen in my life. Expand
  45. Jun 23, 2012
    I loved this movie so much because it's a good start with an original idea and, in reverse of other films, managed to finish in a charming way. The direction is fantastic and the actors are great.
  46. Dec 21, 2013
    Very interesting concept anyone that's played Remember Me (2013 video game) will probably enjoy this. Basically you watch the same film clip over and over again but what makes it interesting is that each time you find out more about the story and the character overall. Source Code certainly doesn't come short in the originality department and it executes it very well. The only problem isVery interesting concept anyone that's played Remember Me (2013 video game) will probably enjoy this. Basically you watch the same film clip over and over again but what makes it interesting is that each time you find out more about the story and the character overall. Source Code certainly doesn't come short in the originality department and it executes it very well. The only problem is that not much seemed to happen. The backstory and plot and characters were nowhere near deep enough or explored given the time and opportunities. It's not something for everyone, and I wouldn't call it a great film in its own right, but I can credit it for its uniqueness. Expand
  47. May 6, 2012
    Source Code is not a thriller that keeps you guessing. The plot is believable and presents very few surprises. But it keeps you on the edge of your seat as you watch a man who doesn't know his own identity slowly discover the clues that reveal the truth.
  48. Apr 1, 2011
    I jumped the train and rode it till the end. Sure the paradoxes were insurmountable but they didn't get in the way of the story. They successfully contrived a rational other than time travel and by giving us only the broad strokes I didnâ
  49. Jun 15, 2011
    A damn fine sci-fi-action movie indeed! The trailers give you a sample but this is a film where the trailers actually don't do it many favours. Source Code certainly has influences from other movies and tv series but thats not a bad thing at all as this is a hugely entertaining movie. The film follows Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhall) who is sent aboard a train which is carrying aA damn fine sci-fi-action movie indeed! The trailers give you a sample but this is a film where the trailers actually don't do it many favours. Source Code certainly has influences from other movies and tv series but thats not a bad thing at all as this is a hugely entertaining movie. The film follows Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhall) who is sent aboard a train which is carrying a bomb set to detonate however he only has 8 minutes to locate the bomb and locate the individual responsible. The beginnning draws you and gets you fully engrossed. Infact, you might wonder whats going on but once the train gets blown up the first time around you'll understand things a lot better. As the film goes on it's Groundhog Day, although a much faster and action packed, meets Minority Report/The Matrix. The film does run into some confusion in parts with the whole 8 minutes and Gyllenhalls character but it doesnt spoil or overly complicate things to the extent where your left scratching your head! A twist at the end will raise a few eyebrows based on what we witnessed throughout but ultimately this is a fabulous film. In terms of storytelling its superb stuff, Jake Gyllenhall continues to get better with every performance and combined with the frantic, action packed sequences and mystery of finding out exactly whats going on you can't go wrong with Source Code! Expand
  50. Apr 1, 2011
    Source Code is an intelligent and interesting idea that can get the viewer attached to the story, but the plot crescendos too soon, lacking an impact near the end. The movie's length is only a little more than an Hour and a Half, which just barely, surprisingly, stretches the story. Despite my complaints, Source Code is good entertainment that is worth the price of admission.
  51. Aug 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Duncan Jones's follow-up film to "Moon" follows a similar path of revealing major issues of worker compensation within the frame of a story much larger in scale. Unlike similar indie directors, it appears Jones was able to handle the larger budget without problem. Expand
  52. Jul 19, 2011
    See this if you liked Inception or any other Hollywood Sci-fi that has some thought put into it. I liked the story and the acting was good. Maybe I'm just used to watching "who dunnit" type films and TV and even though I wasn't surprised by the twists or the ending I still enjoyed the movie.
  53. Jul 29, 2013
    I liked how 'blockbuster-action-big' this was at places, while remaining thoughtful. Very entertaining ride, with the same kind of twisty creativity that made Jones'-directed Moon a worthwhile sci fi-movie.
  54. Jun 17, 2011
    Very inspiring idea and well executed film. It was a really interesting experience and I felt it tried to connect to Memento, although I have to admit that it doesn't come close. Yet, "Source Code" is an incredibly well done movie that anybody can enjoy.
  55. Sep 12, 2011
    Buy-it - Source Code is an exhilarating, mind-bending, sci-fi thriller where Jake Gyllenhaal enters a stranger's body on a Chicago train for 8 minutes at time in an attempt to find the bomber onboard - think Groundhog Day meets Minority Report - but better!
  56. Feb 5, 2012
    How does it all end?
    Well you should find out by watching this thrilling Sci-Fi / Mystery Film! Duncan Jones is processing his good work and I can't wait to find out his new Masterpiece.
  57. Apr 16, 2011
    Initially, the audience will be left thinking of this film as okay but wondering how it could possibly do anything to make itself stick in your mind. Rest assured, it does develop and proves itself to be an emotional piece of work and cleverly written.
  58. Jul 23, 2011
    Source Code is a very good film. Its original, has a good story to tell and alot of scenes in the film was very cool. My only problem with the film is some scens in the film were a bit boring. I would give this film a high matinee!
  59. Dec 4, 2011
    Source Code is a great movie that is thrilling and entertaining from beginning to end. Jake Gyllenhaal as always gives a superb acting performance but all the other characters are good acting too. The plot is top-notch with many twists and turns and the ending just blew my mind away. There are times when the movie slows down a bit but that is insignificant compared to everything else.Source Code is a great movie that is thrilling and entertaining from beginning to end. Jake Gyllenhaal as always gives a superb acting performance but all the other characters are good acting too. The plot is top-notch with many twists and turns and the ending just blew my mind away. There are times when the movie slows down a bit but that is insignificant compared to everything else. Overall the Source Code is a great movie that I'm 100% will entertain, especially those who liked Inception. Breakdown for Source Code: Presentaition: 9.7, Plot: 9.5, Acting: 9.8, Script: 9.5, Lasting Appeal: 9.5. Overall Score: 9.4 out of 10 "Amazing" Expand
  60. Dec 16, 2013
    Solid Sci-Fi movie with a solid hook. The conversations between sim runs are very nicely shot so as to not reveal too much too soon, which keeps you closely bound to the perspective of Colter Stevens as you're watching. Like a movie version of a first-person book. Jake Gyllenhaal was a really good pick for this movie because of the mindshare he brings to the table from his other movies.
  61. Aug 25, 2011
    Sorry, Italian / English mechanical. Colter Stevens: a strong consciousness noetic.

Space is said Duncan Duncan Jones - Director / limited physical space and cyber-psychology. Inside lives the man Duncan, bimodal, and sapiens. How much humanity in man Duncan? Lots and engaging, full-bodied enough to lead to reflections on the affinity homo sapiens and earth monomorphic; studies on the consequences of its applications and hyper, the state of his mental health. Sdooong!

The mirror Duncan.

The mirror reflects a self aberrated body with which we must deal in any case and is not serious business. But, attention, mental aberration is not only physical. Faced with this obvious fact, many would run like hell. Colter Stevens Jake Gyllenhaal / "he" in fact, a new body. The veteran Colter has only a moment of loss, is able to deal with new events because he is strong noetic consciousness, the mind influences matter /. This essential feature, was selected for the government program "Source Code". Deals with "the moment" not only in an objective and deterministic real-time /, but it is also fast nell'intuire who is living and crossing a boundary where the senses are those known as being restrictive.
    Listening to him, I understand that our individual history, as well as his, is full of questions, and sometimes the most trivial or insignificant, the simpler and less open-minded, become dynamite to the mind.

Two efficient micro-environments.

A train, six cars. In one of these, a man, his name is Sean Fentress, a teacher. Awakened from a deep slumber, accustomed as he is to observe, analyze and store names, faces, objects and everything else would be useful for survival, senses immediately that you are in a state of inertia that does not belong. Irascible, is on the defensive when his partner, Christina Michelle Monaghan / try to get him a ticket out of his pocket to show it to the controller.
    -Look, I see that you think you know me, but I do not know who he is. I am the captain Colter Stevens. I am a U.S. Army helicopter pilot in Afghanistan.
    It feels wrong, get off the train, you look around, observe, ask a young man with red hair where it is. - Chicago. And 'the answer. He returned to meet Christina, the train resumes its journey. He sits down, but a new image overwhelms him, his (?) Is reflected in the glass of the window as the train crosses a bridge supported by piers shod dull and expressionless. Spontaneous and immediate is the question - Have you seen yourself? - You're scaring me. And 'the response from Christina. Run away, goes to the bathroom, looks in the mirror ... not at all frightened, put your hands in your pocket sure to find an identity. He opens his wallet - SEAN Fentress - TEACHER. He starts to go away, do not understand is this strange metamorphosis. Christina joined him, in front of him, begs him to say something. - Look, I do not know who is Sean and I do not know who you are. - This is not mine, the document shows. - You will see that everything will be fine - Christina reassuring. Violent, unexpected, comes the explosion. The roar of the train derails, the shattered glass and twisted metal do not leave hope. He, the teacher Sean Fentress, is the only survivor. The awakening occurs within a capsule. Thus began the incredible journey of our veteran. There will be two characters to guide them in the Source Code, the project manager Dr. Rutledge Jeffrey Wright / Soldier of the application and technical Goodwin Vera Farmiga /.

The deaths were a tragedy that train. The Source code can ...

Ok. The journey begins when my job ends. One last thing, Don Burgess Forrest Gump - Terminator 3 / is in charge of photography, Chris Bacon Gnomeo and Juliet / it is for music, Paul Hirsch Star Wars / getting the mount. Not bad, right?
    Council to see the film, a few yawns and many moments of reflection. The director of | Moon | although they have a small budget has confirmed to be able to give intelligent emotions.

Good Clik!
  62. Jun 16, 2011
    I heard so many good things that I went in expecting something deeper, that was my mistake. This is a movie you could easily watch slightly drunk, cuddling up to your S.O. on the couch, occasionally talking about something completely different from what you're watching. It's not horrible, it's just very mediocre. there's no tension because there's no one to save. The ending is supposeI heard so many good things that I went in expecting something deeper, that was my mistake. This is a movie you could easily watch slightly drunk, cuddling up to your S.O. on the couch, occasionally talking about something completely different from what you're watching. It's not horrible, it's just very mediocre. there's no tension because there's no one to save. The ending is suppose to prove that there was someone to save but after sitting for 120 minutes believing no one is in danger, then I spent 120 minutes not being invested and a cheesy, illogical, fairy tale twist at the end doesn't change that.
    The best thing i can say about this film is that is a decent balance between action and chick flick which makes it a solid compromise to the "what should we see" conversation.
  63. Aug 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought this was an awesome movie. Packed full of action, romance, a bit of comedy, and a sci-fi sort of feel to it. It made you think of what you would do if you had only a small amount of time to live. It was a lot like Groundhog Day. It had the same sort of plot to it with the same thing happening over and over again. But this movie had it's own qualities. Like the sci-fi feel to it I brought up before, and the government conspiracy type deal. It was a bit confusing at times though and I couldn't figure out what was going on at times but you just have to be patient and you begin to follow. So in all I thought this movie was a pretty damn good movie and highly recommend it. Expand
  64. Oct 18, 2014
    Source Code is a great piece of original science-fiction that has intense scenes, really good occasional violence and a strong lead performance from Jake Gyllenhall.
  65. Apr 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I usually don't write reviews with spoilers but the biggest distraction to this movie is its ending. You get the feeling the studio had 3 different endings to choose from, and I personally feel they chose the wrong one. While it is plausible, it still detaches you from the anchor and central premise of the movie (Jake Gyllenhaal has 8 minutes to solve a mystery though his actions can't affect the real world). There are other flaws logistically, for example, how many 8 minute sequences can occur in the real world and still leave enough time to save the future, but still I enjoyed the movie overall! Jake gave a great performance and I believed his romantic relationship and his sense of purpose and accomplishment regarding the mystery. Expand
  66. Apr 24, 2011
    First Moon, now this? This is clearly one of the best films of 2011 so for, a for sure must see. I am beyond excited to see what Duncan Jones has in store for us next!
  67. Jun 18, 2014
    A great movie that gets better with repeated watching! After recently seeing Edge of Tomorrow (a crappy Tom Cruise flick that stole heavily from this movie) it made me appreciate this movie even more and I felt prompted to write a review. Source Code has many nuanced aspects that you may miss on first watching. The ending is very compelling and thought provoking. I loved this movie asA great movie that gets better with repeated watching! After recently seeing Edge of Tomorrow (a crappy Tom Cruise flick that stole heavily from this movie) it made me appreciate this movie even more and I felt prompted to write a review. Source Code has many nuanced aspects that you may miss on first watching. The ending is very compelling and thought provoking. I loved this movie as much as Moon, this director's first movie. If you love S.C., see Moon also because although it was made on a low budget, it is just as brilliant! Expand
  68. Sep 19, 2013
    [3.9] Not only is it hard to sit through the same scene an hour and a half, but it doesn't help when that scene is accompanied by less than believable acting, lack of originality, and an incredibly formulaic story. Making a mystery story with out any suspense, and one that is completely predictable, is something I could care less for.
  69. Ozy
    Feb 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I didn't mind this flick, it was enjoyable and interesting. The ending although happy seemed a little bitter sweet. He ends up living in what? a parallel universe? as the other guy? Sought of nice but sad at the same time. I would definitely recommend to watch. Expand
  70. Apr 18, 2011
    It's nice to see the Inception still has an effect on hollywood - not necessarily inspiring people (Duncan Jones was already showing his worth with Moon a few years back), but making it known that films can have fairly complicated plots and still be successful. It isn't nearly as good as Moon, but it's just great to come out of a blockbuster and have something to talk about
  71. May 11, 2011
    I preferred this movie to Inception. Where Inception tried too hard to be confusing, this movie just tried to blow your mind. It definitely succeeded. Right when you think you have the entire movie figured out, there's a new twist added. This goes down to the last second of the movie. While it didn't have the big budget of Inception, it knew it's boundaries and stuck to them. My favoriteI preferred this movie to Inception. Where Inception tried too hard to be confusing, this movie just tried to blow your mind. It definitely succeeded. Right when you think you have the entire movie figured out, there's a new twist added. This goes down to the last second of the movie. While it didn't have the big budget of Inception, it knew it's boundaries and stuck to them. My favorite movie of the year so far. Expand
  72. Jun 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is strange to me this film got such great reviews. I found it mostly predictable and boring. Why show us his severed body at the end of the film? Why reveal so quickly that he is dead? It was hard to relate to a dead, military soul who wanted to save hypothetical, already dead people. I kind of didn't see the point. Expand
  73. Jul 16, 2011
    This is a good movie. I watched it a second time just to view it knowing what I knew, and it was gold the second time. Great acting with a story that draws you in from the beginning. It was engaging with the mind and the emotions. Watch it!
  74. Jul 27, 2011
    One Of the best Movies of 2011 FOR SURE! I even bought it on blu-ray. The movie was just really great. not just because of the special effects and all that, but the story was good. Its basically about a soldier called "Colter Stevens" who dies during battle on a helicopter and he's not completely dead! part of his brain is still alive and the army uses him for a new project called "sourceOne Of the best Movies of 2011 FOR SURE! I even bought it on blu-ray. The movie was just really great. not just because of the special effects and all that, but the story was good. Its basically about a soldier called "Colter Stevens" who dies during battle on a helicopter and he's not completely dead! part of his brain is still alive and the army uses him for a new project called "source code". Steven's mission is to go back in time and find out who put the bomb on a train in Chicago, and find out where it is located. that's basically the story! and it has a time loop for the plot device. so he constantly goes back reliving those 8 minutes trying to find out what happened to him, and why hes there. During the time loop he falls in love with a women named Christina. and even after finishing his mission. he decides to go back into source code to try and save her! really GREAT movie. definitely its a must watch. Expand
  75. May 28, 2011
    I'm a sucker for thought-provoking, quasi-science-fiction, who-done-it works, and "Source Code" fulfills all those needs! The writing is wonderful, and it's well played.
  76. Apr 4, 2011
    This is a little movie that in some ways (A list actor, big budget) acts like a big movie. But this is is not a movie focused on great effects but is instead focused on storytelling. Duncan Jones (Moon) is getting closer to his masterpiece certainly.
  77. Aug 1, 2011
    I will be honest. when I first seen previews for this, I thought it would be a garbage picture. Turns out, I was wrong! Very fresh vision on science fiction and something different. Its good to see directors are taking on these types of movies outside of the norm. Jake Gyllenhaal surprised the heck out of me in his role in this one. He has a very large acting range, especially inI will be honest. when I first seen previews for this, I thought it would be a garbage picture. Turns out, I was wrong! Very fresh vision on science fiction and something different. Its good to see directors are taking on these types of movies outside of the norm. Jake Gyllenhaal surprised the heck out of me in his role in this one. He has a very large acting range, especially in this flick. He can be emotional, funny, charming, serious and pretty much all of the above. Well, well worth a view. What The Source Code... Its not an option. 8/10. Expand
  78. Apr 3, 2011
    The movie was entertaining throughout the movie. This movie was a awesome sci-fi action movie that left you with an ending that had you questioning. At the end the "source code" was more then you first thought. It was interesting, and entertaining. I highly recommend to people who aren't going to a movie to tear the plot limb from limb.
  79. Aug 6, 2011
    A fantastic sci-fi film, possibly the best of the year. Thrilling, touching and with a good ending it is a must-see film for all film lovers. Probably the best film of the year.
  80. Nov 18, 2011
    Certainly not bad. The movie reminds me of both Inception and Groundhog Day. The movie is generally considered as a thriller - an action movie, but there is a bit of comedy in it as well. A movie should never forget to add a few creatively hilarious lines. A movie worth saying, although the ending was a bit weird.
  81. Oct 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not an amazing movie. The idea behind the history is a little lie. And they dont explane nothing.
    How a dead man can enter in another dead people to live 8 minutes of his ending? And thw worst, not just the 8 ending moments of his life, but in other dimensions, making what he want to make?

If you enter in the dead mind to look his 8 minutes left, you will just look that moment, you will cant change, just see that!
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    The movie is great and a very cool mind twisting short movie which can be enjoyed every time you watch it. I am very impressed by the story of the film. A pure mind bending movie after INCEPTION. Source Code is awesome.
  83. Aug 24, 2011
    I rate this movie highly because it kept me interested and I am not a big fan of "flashback" or "time travel" / "time shift" type films. One of the better movies I have seen in months. Watch it if you feel like being entertained.
  84. Jun 13, 2011
    I loved this movie. Jake carried the movie just fine but what I loved was that it was internally consistent. It took a premise that I didn't think could be pulled off, and they pulled it off. Wonderful
  85. Mar 13, 2015
    I've never really been a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal films, but have to say he was very good in Source Code.

Being a massive fan of Quantum Leap, I read other reviews who said it was similar to that, so I purchased it without a doubt.

So glad I did, as its easily one of the best films I have seen in a long time.
  86. Jan 16, 2014
    This is second Jake Gyllenhaal in row I have watched and have come away impressed with his ability to carry a movie. The script was a well done for a sci-fi with a limited premise. Think groundhog day meets an alternate reality/time travel episode on star trek. That being said it is the human element and the characters that drive this movie vs. the sci-fi element the film is based on.This is second Jake Gyllenhaal in row I have watched and have come away impressed with his ability to carry a movie. The script was a well done for a sci-fi with a limited premise. Think groundhog day meets an alternate reality/time travel episode on star trek. That being said it is the human element and the characters that drive this movie vs. the sci-fi element the film is based on. Definitely worth the rent. Expand
  87. Apr 10, 2011
    Enjoyed the movie. Imagine Groundhog Day with terrorists. Well acted and a had very different slant on the time travel genre. The movie is full of plot holes so its not one you want to analyze too much. However, it was fun to watch. I was very disappointed with the ending though. I don't want to give anything away but this movie deserved a better, more intelligent ending. It's almostEnjoyed the movie. Imagine Groundhog Day with terrorists. Well acted and a had very different slant on the time travel genre. The movie is full of plot holes so its not one you want to analyze too much. However, it was fun to watch. I was very disappointed with the ending though. I don't want to give anything away but this movie deserved a better, more intelligent ending. It's almost like they did the movie, and later decided to slap a standard Hollywood ending onto it. Expand
  88. Feb 6, 2012
    I think Source Code is Inception-lite. It is an intelligent movie but doesnt test the viewer like Inception does. I also think Source Code has become the most underappreciated movie of 2011. I was blown away by the movie and it rewards repeat viewings as well. If you were intrigued by the premise of Vantage Point and wish it was done with skill, Source Code is the perfect movie for you.
  89. Apr 2, 2011
    This is a very well-done film. On par with, if not better than, Moon. This director has a bright future ahead of him, and I look forward to following his work.
  90. Aug 28, 2011
    A+ for how it handled time and reality.
    A+ for attention to detail and reflections.
    A for the intriguing, clever, tickle me pink plot. B for the ending. A train explosion in Chicago. That's about all I can say without giving anything away. I'm partial to movies like this. Very nostalgic for me, I'm just a huge fan of sci fi and time type of movies. Love it, love it! Very Deja Vu,
    A+ for how it handled time and reality.
    A+ for attention to detail and reflections.
    A for the intriguing, clever, tickle me pink plot.
    B for the ending.

A train explosion in Chicago. That's about all I can say without giving anything away. I'm partial to movies like this. Very nostalgic for me, I'm just a huge fan of sci fi and time type of movies. Love it, love it! Very Deja Vu, Quantum Leap, the Jacket, Groundhogs Day, Unstoppable, Fringe. Woot :)
  91. Oct 15, 2011
    I initially placed Source Code into the same category of Inception, a film which I did not enjoy to say the least. Surprisingly, this film had me feeling more satisfied albeit there are a list of things I could still complain about. The cast was decent and the film's linear progression was appropriately matching of the storyline. While this film did not catch me in any sort of awe, it wasI initially placed Source Code into the same category of Inception, a film which I did not enjoy to say the least. Surprisingly, this film had me feeling more satisfied albeit there are a list of things I could still complain about. The cast was decent and the film's linear progression was appropriately matching of the storyline. While this film did not catch me in any sort of awe, it was simply entertaining enough to allow for a full sit-through without major regrets. I recommend it to a general audience. Expand
  92. Feb 14, 2012
    From Moon to Source Code, i can honestly say that Duncan Jones future has a filmmaker is very bright, let's just hope that he can keep this up. I am very much looking towards his work in the future.
  93. dz9
    Jul 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Going into this movie, and hearing how the mechanics of the Source Code was suppose to work. I turned off my brain and went along with the lore, which I know you must do in most science fiction movies. I could go on and gripe about the idiotic science that the directors has spat into the faces of the American people. I realize that through this science, Jake Gylenhaal's character should not have been able to do the things he did.... but honestly, i just grinded my teeth together and took the movie for what it was and nothing more and tried to have fun. Actually...I did, this movie was VERY entertaining, it kept you on the edge of your seat with the suspense that the movie had built, great character development, and great characters in general, and acting was excellent. Don't get me wrong, in the back of my mind, I knew that the science they had presented was contradicting and was nonsense, but I was actually having an VERY good time with this movie. So why such a low score??? The movie done something extremely unforgivable, the ending had ruined it. The movie had drilled into the viewers mind a simple rule, and it was that the Source Code was just an 8 minute relay that Gyllenhaal's character was going through, and guess what happens at the end??...HE GOES BEYOND THE 8 MINUTES. Don't get me wrong, if the movie had set this plot hole up to be plausible, it would have been alright. For example: imagine if you are watching a movie and it had simply said "the sky can not be red," and then for no reason whatsoever, the sky turns red at the end of the movie. Source Code gave the excuse that "well no one really understood the source code," there was another problem with that, Gyllenhaal's character died, so he should not have been able to live in the Source Code because he was not alive in reality. And that's not the only thing that was wrong with the ending, it also seemed forced, it seemed like the writers just wanted to have a "feel good" ending which was completely unnecessary. The scene where the time in the source code had paused, Gyllenhaal's character is kissing Monaghan's character, and everyone is happy...the screen should have just turned off then and it would have been a perfect ending. It's too bad too, i saw the movie in theatres and I was absolutely "in" on these characters, but the ending shattered the whole movie. The Good: Great cast and characters, great action. The Bad: Contradicting story, strong unnecessary undertones, and an absolutely awful ending. To give an example of how much the ending shattered the movie, if it would have ended more sensible, i would give this movie a 9, but how it stands.... this movie is good for the brainless but awful for anybody with standards for what they call art. Expand
  94. Dec 19, 2011
    Some parts of this movie may get a little confusing (especially during the middle and to the end), but that will no detract from the marvelous popcorn entertainment that is Source Code. Definitely see!
  95. Apr 25, 2011
    Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the first great movie of 2011. â
  96. Jul 13, 2011
    It started off a little confusing not because the plot was not comprehensible because it was hard to know that the character Sean was trying to recollect his memory. Through the movie my attention seemed to cease until the twist happened and it was revealed about his real life. The movie was almost inspirational at the fact not to live a contrived life but to live life by the moment andIt started off a little confusing not because the plot was not comprehensible because it was hard to know that the character Sean was trying to recollect his memory. Through the movie my attention seemed to cease until the twist happened and it was revealed about his real life. The movie was almost inspirational at the fact not to live a contrived life but to live life by the moment and one day at a time. Although that is nearly impossible for anyone in our state to do that at least some day we can look forward to a day it will happen. It was very well acted and a strong performance by all the actors. Music was a little off with the mood of the movie; could have been better. The plot of the movie was very straightforward but also profound in the development of the script. It was a good film non-the-less but not a repeatedly watch movie in my eyes. Like the movie, you already know about the events before they unfold. Expand
  97. Jun 23, 2014
    Fascinating and wonderful movie. An interesting idea presented here. A lot of good solid action. Well acted and a very innovative script. This is one to own!
  98. Oct 5, 2011
    "Source Code" is definitely the stinkiest steaming pile of Hollywood CRAP I've seen in a long time!!!

A gross and tactless use of every philosophical one-liner cliché in the book while plagiarizing bits and pieces of nearly every parallel-reality movie out there. For a movie like this to be acceptable, the action needs to be relentless and breathtaking ... it's not!

EVERYTHING in this movie is just sloooooow and predicatable while the script is just down right embarrassing (could you pah-lease have used the line "It's gonna be OK" just one more time for me? I don't think there were enough of those).

How on earth Duncan Jones could go from making a masterpiece like "Moon" and sink into this total waste of time and money is beyond me.

As for Jake Gyllenhaal ... I get it man, you're making lots of money playing these parts and who can blame you, I'd probably do the same, but can't you give us a good ol' indie drama part like you used to every now and then to remind me why I love you so much?? Could ya mix it up for me a bit there ol' buddy, ol' pal? How about a "Bubble Boy" for each "Prince of Persia"? A "Donnie Darko" for every "Source Code"? 'Cause to tell you the truth man, I'm starting to forget how good you REALLY are!!!

To conclude: If you like crap that "thinks" its deep and intelligent, this is the movie for you!!!
  99. Apr 21, 2011
    My kind of movie: smart, fast, extremely well-directed and acted...just a nice, tight piece of work. The kind of movie I will see twice just to catch all the interesting set-ups and nuances. A very talented director doing a complex piece of work on a very reasonable budget - definitely worth watching director Duncan Jones' career develop. Terrific score, production values andMy kind of movie: smart, fast, extremely well-directed and acted...just a nice, tight piece of work. The kind of movie I will see twice just to catch all the interesting set-ups and nuances. A very talented director doing a complex piece of work on a very reasonable budget - definitely worth watching director Duncan Jones' career develop. Terrific score, production values and cinematography. Good script. A few logic holes and some script issues later - I would never spoil anyone else's movie experience, so no specific complaints here. To sum up....okay, I kind of loved this film, noting it's not perfect. But go see it. It deserves the effort...it really does. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Apr 8, 2011
    Source Code is a formally disciplined work -- a triumph of movie syntax -- made with rhythm and pace. Jones, unlike most commercial directors, accelerates the tempo without producing visual gibberish. [11 April, 2011 p. 88]
  2. Reviewed by: Una LaMarche
    Apr 6, 2011
    The psychological payoffs outweigh any implausibilities. And what's the harm in logging off your network for a few hours to indulge in some good old-fashioned science fiction?
  3. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Apr 3, 2011
    It is a tremendous downer when the second half of the movie shirks logic, defies its own established principles and raises more questions than it answers.