6.1

1. Aug 27, 2010
    why, why, why, why, why?
    Note to directors: if you're going to film whatever **** flies through your brain, at least have the common decency to make the final product less than 2 hours. That being said, it was probably the most well-acted roles I had seen by most of the big-name actors in the movie (most notably Justin Timberlake). But still, why!?
  2. Oct 20, 2014
    this movie is a pretentious waste with nothing to say, terrible casting, and beyond terrible plot as well a dialogue that plain sucks it amazes that this film has fans because this was so hard to sit through and i felt like the movie was calling me stupid for not getting "how deep and complex this movie is" but belive me it isn't you it's the movie IT MAKES NO SENSE!

1. The English term "shambolic" best describes a slow-paced, bloated and self-indulgent picture that combines science fiction, sophomoric humor and grisly violence soaked in a music-video sensibility.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Rarely has a picture been so self-consciously designed to be a culturally meaningful touchstone, and fallen so woefully short, as Southland Tales.
  3. Southland Tales has a mood unlike anything I've seen: dread that morphs into kitsch and then back again. It's a film that tried my patience, and one I couldn't shake off.