4.4

1. Sep 3, 2014
    It's so downright awful that it's actually funny in places. An uncreative storyline, oversimplified characters, and bad monkey jokes just don't work out.
  2. Jul 14, 2014
    Too predictable, barely any plot. I didn't really like this movie. How much can we take of repetitiveness until it gets boring? Not much. It was boring, but okay.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Até hoje to tentando achar a graça desse filme patético de pura falta de imaginação de seus criadores e uma história pra lá de idiota e mal feita simplesmente um fracasso enorme.
  4. Nov 15, 2013
    Space Chimps monkeys around.
    The premise is poor, but has potential to be comical and entertaining. The movie starts well, but then gets lost after blast off, literally. As soon as the actual adventure begins the entire film collapses from such an empty plot line that by the time is returns to earth it is too late.
  5. Sep 20, 2012
    Really an underrated movie, it is funny, well meaning, and highly enjoyable, some people just can't get in touch with their inner child anymore, sad, just sad.
  6. Sep 20, 2012
    Good, not great, not horrible, good, simple as that.
  7. Sep 20, 2012
    An awesome kids flick, almost as good as toy story, but i might be getting ahead of myself...
  8. Sep 20, 2012
    Decent, if not a little childish, in the sense that barney the ungodly-purple dinosaur is a little childish, but problems aside, it is a... not horrible film... if that means anything...
  9. Sep 20, 2012
    i'm 14 and i really, really enjoyed this, i also resent victorn's comment, children aren't critics, don't expect them to behave like critics, anyone who's looking for a fun film, enjoy.
  10. Sep 20, 2012
    A little silly, but that's just how childrens entertainment goes, nonetheless, it is rather interesting, and exceedingly hilarious, a great film for your kids.
  11. Sep 20, 2012
    A really fun time, a harmless, funny, original kids movie that isn't as, well, childish as many other movies of it's type, i would highly recommend it to parents.
  12. Sep 20, 2012
    Great kids movie, kind of funny
  13. Sep 1, 2012
    No kid, no adult and a matter of fact no monkey would like this film. It is beneath a 1 year old.I watched this for 20 minutes and then I just couldn't watch it anymore the problem was i was stuck with a summer camp in the movie theater. The kids were less annoying then the movie.
  14. Apr 3, 2012
    This is simply the worst film I have ever seen in my life up to date. I would never recommend such a terribly made up story to anyone. The characters are the epoch of annoyance, the narrative is shallow and even children would hate to sit down to watch such film for 80 minutes. Do not compare this to Wall-E. Wall-E was somehow fascinating and had a very exciting story but this... no way.
  15. Mar 14, 2012
    I was entertained and it had some great voice performances, but it is badly animated and silly. I realized not much went on at all during the whole movie. Yet I was entertained. I give this movie 55%.
  16. Apr 29, 2011
    This movie isn't as bad as other animated movies made by minor companies, but it still doesn't reach the point of recommendation. All the humor in the movie relies on the same jokes over and over again. So unless you like toilet humor and stupid jokes, don't expect to find anything that funny about this movie. It's not Pixar material.
  17. Mar 5, 2011
    Space Chimps is forgettable, with poor animation, a bad script, and a soul less story that leaves you not only shaking your head in disappointment, but also craving a good Pixar movie. The only thing this movie is good for is allowing you to appreciate better animated movies much more.
  18. Feb 12, 2011
    It's not a super clever and witty movie. It's not filled with depth. It's not what we've come to expect from our generation of movies after seeing Wall-E, Pixar's animated masterpiece. Adults will probably let out quite a bit of yawns, but it has some funny moments. And kids the target age will probably enjoy it.
  19. Jan 9, 2011
    I watched this for 20 minutes and then I just couldn't watch it anymore. That's how bad it was.
  20. Oct 24, 2010
    totally not a good CGI movie. the jokes were not funny, the animation is crap, and the characters are nothing but retards.
  21. Aug 11, 2010
    Space Chimps is a cheap animated stinker. Little kids, well what do they have to like about this? Monkeys are cool, but in this film? What good will cheap animation bring to us? Cheap animation feels like flat animation like doodling.
  22. ChrisC.
    Aug 20, 2008
    No. Just no. I had a little bit of hope for this movie. The trailers made it seem like it could be somewhat witty. But as I sat down in the cinema I could feel a growing sense of dread in my gut. It was right too - straight away we have the most annoying main character of all time, a bunch of scientists who could have been a saving grace but weren't given a chance, stupid pop culture No. Just no. I had a little bit of hope for this movie. The trailers made it seem like it could be somewhat witty. But as I sat down in the cinema I could feel a growing sense of dread in my gut. It was right too - straight away we have the most annoying main character of all time, a bunch of scientists who could have been a saving grace but weren't given a chance, stupid pop culture references that the little ones won't understand and the older ones will notice but not care about, and some stupidly abrupt transitions. The other two main characters are terribly underdeveloped. The movie's main plot is completely out of the blue, and laughable at that, but it could have worked if it had been supported by a script that was funny and at least slightly intelligent. Sadly, it was not. Annoying "joke" after annoying "joke", a character introduction that was totally sudden forcing a lot of exposition into a short amount of time, cliched "The power of (insert positive emotion here)" stuff that we've all seen a hundred times, complete personality changes meaning any previous character development is lost - it all adds up to an experience quite unmatched by any other animated feature. In that I mean, your palm will be on your face the entire time. Films like this are the reason people hate children's movies. It is practically an insult to both beautiful interstellar fantasies like WALL·E and fun, fast paced comedies such as Kung Fu Panda. A rotten end to a summer of fun. Don't waste your money. I mean it. Don't make me come over there. Expand
  23. CT
    Jul 25, 2008
    An uninspired wreck.
  24. ChadS.
    Jul 21, 2008
    While "Space Chimps" is on the ball in recognizing the language barrier between chimpanzee and human, the same attention to detail isn't applied to the primates' relations with the alien life forms. Left to our own devices, the audience can safely presume that the extra-terrestrials are yapping away in Bonobo-ese. Although the space creatures don't appear smart enough to While "Space Chimps" is on the ball in recognizing the language barrier between chimpanzee and human, the same attention to detail isn't applied to the primates' relations with the alien life forms. Left to our own devices, the audience can safely presume that the extra-terrestrials are yapping away in Bonobo-ese. Although the space creatures don't appear smart enough to build Zartog's Trump-like edifice of self-aggrandizement, let alone Stonehenge, they are superior beings who apparently possess the skills of a multi-linguist; a race of galactic Doctor Doolittles. If "Space Chimps" had more ambition, however, the space probe could have landed on the planet of the apes, not planet Teletubby, and open up more possibilities for an interesting movie. War on earth, perhaps? Chimps libre? Faced with the dilemma of being wild in a galaxy far, far away, or being a lab animal after the space "rats" outlive their usefulness, would give this safe film a little of that 'ol "Babe" pathos. The chimpanzees get melancholic, not angry, when they discover that the humans didn't trust them enough to navigate their fancy-schmancy flying contraption(it was on auto-pilot). Because "Space Chimps" is lock-stepped in its children's movie trappings, the expendable primates prove their mettle to the space program brass, like an African bobsled team showing the Olympic committee that they belong with the big boys, instead of throwing their poo(or is that just monkey behavior?) in indignant outrage. Too bad, because a barrel of militant chimpanzees would be much more fun than these stalwart astronaut wanna-bes. Give me bananas, or give me death! Expand
  25. JamesL.
    Jul 21, 2008
    all right people there is a cheap animation here. The story pretty falls flat for such a 81 minute movie. Watched in advance screening yesterday. Oh my god. You would not believe how horrible this movie is! This should be contender of the worst movies ever made. Don't see this movie people.
  26. Mr.Anonymous
    Jul 20, 2008
    after seeing wall-e this movie seems like the biggest piece of garbage ever made. Avoid this rip off at all costs and see wall-e.
  27. PaulL.
    Jul 19, 2008
    This is far the worst animation made. Come on the story sucks, and the characters strengths is becoming to get weak. Don't see this people. Don't waste your money on this cheap piece of garbage. The animation is so cheap like it's updated from Wall E.
  28. HueH.
    Jul 19, 2008
    Hands-down the worst movie I have EVER seen. It felt like a submission from a computer animation student project. Don't waste your precious money or time.
  29. AaronN.
    Jul 19, 2008
    How predictable, just when I thought actors for 20 CF movies learned from the disastrous Shrek 3, they had to bring Near-THE SEEKER bad elements to this movie. Although, I did know this was a potential failure in the first place.
  30. JamesM.
    Jul 17, 2008
    This movie is going to be awesome with ham, luna, and titian this movie is going to be tight.
  31. Spacehomosapien
    Jul 16, 2008
    Another generic animated piece of tosh, the voice acting is terrible.

1. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    The animation, incidentally, is half-a--ed, like they ran out of the $292.96 budget halfway through. Rip-off indeed.
  2. Reviewed by: Lael Loewenstein
    Enjoyably slim family entertainment.
  3. Reviewed by: Adam Markovitz
    While candy-colored graphics should dazzle kids, Space Chimps has little draw for audiences spoiled by the Pixar-given knowledge that CGI can entertain -- and not just stupefy -- moviegoers of any age.