7.6

1. May 18, 2011
    It's a (master)piece of art. Futurist art: cars, speed, 'intuition' (Bergson)...
    And it could be a perfect 'prequel' of 'The Matrix' trilogy: from the problem of Choice... to the problem of Motivation...
  2. Oct 18, 2010
    I didn't watch the TV series when I was a little kid until fourteen years later, I have all the episodes on five discs on the Speed Racer DVD. not the movie. just the TV series. so, what about this movie?

yeah, its awesome. the cast fits perfectly, the races were top-notch, and I got to listen to that kick *** song in the ending credits and I got so thrilled! so forget about the bad
    grade the critics gave to this movie.

SPEED RACER IS SO FRICKIN AWESOME!!!!
  3. Oct 12, 2012
    Do not understand why this film has been criticized so badly ... In general it is good to spend a very good time. This movie has special effects very acceptable. I recommend it.
  4. Jan 9, 2014
    This movie is Number 9 on my Top Ten and the only reason it is not in the Number One spot is that my tastes skew much darker--but this is just a testament to how great Speed really is. That it can warm my heart so and make me say it is my 9th best-loved film of all time, over all the movies I love--including Avatar at Number 10--is plenty of evidence of its greatness alone. None of the reasons trolls come up with to explain why this movie bombed make sense--EVERYTHING about this movie rocks! Most of all, what makes this movie great--more than the visuals and excitement--is the SUPERB writing and acting. Even people who like it will say, "Don't go to this movie expecting good writing and plot." Well, I couldn't disagree more. If you have any appreciation for good writing and a deep, satisfying story then you owe it to yourself to see this grand masterpiece! Expand
  5. Jan 10, 2014
    Why is this movie rated so low? The Acting is quirky but good, the effects are bright and colorful and still manage a serious plot line. It's not just about the racing in this which I really like. Although the personalities of a lot of people are thin they are still fun characters. A lot about this movie is great and I would look forward to a sequel

1. Reviewed by: Glenn Kenny
    This is not a film occurring in an alternate or imaginary reality; rather, it is a film of NO reality, that is, a picture that changes the rules of its universe strictly according to its creators' whims.
  2. Unlike a Pixar cartoon that embraces as wide an audience as possible, Speed Racer proudly denies entry into its ultra-bright world to all but gamers, fanboys and anime enthusiasts. Story and character are tossed aside to focus obsessively on PG-rated action and milk-guzzling heroes.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Aimed squarely at family audiences, the Wachowski Brothers' return behind the camera for the first time since the "Matrix" trilogy is a blur of video action painting and very loud sounds notable solely for its technical wizardry. In every other respect, it's pure cotton candy -- entirely non-nutritious but too sweet and pretty for young people to resist.