7.8

1. Nov 26, 2014
    10 years later and it's still one of the best if not the best Spider-Man movie ever and in my opinion the best super hero movie. it has great action, a great story, a great cast of characters and great music to top it all off. If your a Spider-Man fan (or just love super hero movies) and haven't watched the movie, (or if you haven't seen it in a long while) than I strongly recommend10 years later and it's still one of the best if not the best Spider-Man movie ever and in my opinion the best super hero movie. it has great action, a great story, a great cast of characters and great music to top it all off. If your a Spider-Man fan (or just love super hero movies) and haven't watched the movie, (or if you haven't seen it in a long while) than I strongly recommend getting the film. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2014
    Soy un gran fan de Spider-Man, y esta película me parece una obra de arte. Buena historia, buena acción y buenos efectos especiales. Sin duda, Spider-Man 2 es la mejor película de Spider-Man de todas y una de las mejores películas de superhéroes de todos los tiempos.
  3. Nov 8, 2014
    One of the best superhero movies ever and the best Spider-Man movies ever,with one of the best villains ever: Otto Octavius alias Doctor Octopus.An epic movie.
  4. Oct 22, 2014
    In the second installment in the Spider-Man series, based on the classic Marvel Comics hero, Tobey Maguire returns as the mild-mannered Peter Parker, who is juggling the delicate balance of his dual life as a college student and a superhuman crime fighter. The entertaining adventure escalates and Spider-Man's life becomes even more complicated when he confronts a new nemesis, the brilliantIn the second installment in the Spider-Man series, based on the classic Marvel Comics hero, Tobey Maguire returns as the mild-mannered Peter Parker, who is juggling the delicate balance of his dual life as a college student and a superhuman crime fighter. The entertaining adventure escalates and Spider-Man's life becomes even more complicated when he confronts a new nemesis, the brilliant Otto Octavius, (Molina) who has been reincarnated as the maniacal and multi-tentacled "Doc Ock." Expand
  5. Aug 17, 2014
    This second installment brings more depth to Spiderman's character, but lacks the engaging story and the villain of the first "Spider-Man", even though the casting choice of Dr. Octopus is a great one. More complex than its predecessor, but it still promises more than it actually accomplishes.
  6. Jul 29, 2014
    A deeper movie than the first, not just about the cool action sequences, but about life, love, loss, and grief. The sequel outshines the original movie, which focused on the beginning, while in 'Spider Man 2', the pathos is more pragmatic and conveys some emotion, which few action movies do. The acting, specifically the complexity of Alfred Molina, is natural and doesn't come off asA deeper movie than the first, not just about the cool action sequences, but about life, love, loss, and grief. The sequel outshines the original movie, which focused on the beginning, while in 'Spider Man 2', the pathos is more pragmatic and conveys some emotion, which few action movies do. The acting, specifically the complexity of Alfred Molina, is natural and doesn't come off as blatantly campy. The effects are cool, the direction is spot on. Hardly anything to complain about. Expand
  7. Jun 12, 2014
    Spiderman 2 is exactly the sort of film that I'm always impressed by. It leaps beyond it's origins and deals with something different and unconventional. It talks about- the burden of responsibility, the burden of being a superhero, how it's not exactly the dream job. There are thousands of children around the world who turn of their light at night, go to bed, close their eyes and praySpiderman 2 is exactly the sort of film that I'm always impressed by. It leaps beyond it's origins and deals with something different and unconventional. It talks about- the burden of responsibility, the burden of being a superhero, how it's not exactly the dream job. There are thousands of children around the world who turn of their light at night, go to bed, close their eyes and pray that they become a superhero the next day. Sam Rami's Spiderman 2 tries to tell those kids -" Hold On, maybe you ought to give that a second thought because "with great power comes great responsibility": and if you're a superhero you'll have make sacrifices maybe even give up things that you want the most. The film builds up wonderfully till the ending where they completely throw away everything that built wonderfully to that point (since Peter gets Mary Jane). But despite the infuriating puppy dog happy ending forced into the film, I'm still tempted to call this the 2nd greatest comic book/superhero film of all time, after The Dark Knight. Expand
  8. Jun 3, 2014
    After the very good spider-man (2002), this sequel makes no sense, Peter is a loser who never does anything scientific as in the comic and has no charisma. The only good thing is Alfred Molina.
  9. May 27, 2014
    Easily the greatest Spider-Man movie ever created in the history of ever. Seriously, go see this movie. Everything about this movie is absolutely perfect, I cannot imagine a greater superhero movie. A combination of an all-star cast, perfect acting, and action scenes that will rock your socks make this the greatest super-hero ever made, and the greatest superhero movie that will ever beEasily the greatest Spider-Man movie ever created in the history of ever. Seriously, go see this movie. Everything about this movie is absolutely perfect, I cannot imagine a greater superhero movie. A combination of an all-star cast, perfect acting, and action scenes that will rock your socks make this the greatest super-hero ever made, and the greatest superhero movie that will ever be made. Except for maybe X-Men: Days of Future Past, which blows this movie right out of the water. Seriously, go see X-Men: Days of Future Past. It is literally a perfect movie. Expand
  10. May 23, 2014
    This film is, without a doubt, the definitive cinematic Spider-Man experience, for people who are into all genres and of all ages. It has excellent over-the-top superhero action, pee-your-pants humour, and best of all, by far the best Spider-Man villain, Doctor Octopus, who is wonderfully portrayed in this picture. Maguire is the perfect Peter Parker, Kirsten Dunst does a top job as MaryThis film is, without a doubt, the definitive cinematic Spider-Man experience, for people who are into all genres and of all ages. It has excellent over-the-top superhero action, pee-your-pants humour, and best of all, by far the best Spider-Man villain, Doctor Octopus, who is wonderfully portrayed in this picture. Maguire is the perfect Peter Parker, Kirsten Dunst does a top job as Mary Jane. My only real criticism of this film is that a lot of the dialogue is rather weak, and a large amount of the extras are rather unrealistically sterile. But all of this makes for an outstanding superhero film, and one that I would be happy to come back to time and time again. Expand
  11. May 18, 2014
    Must be one of the best comic book movies ever. Just phenomenal! Great acting, story, characters, CGI, dialogue and action scenes. This movie really deserves an 10
  12. May 4, 2014
    Overhyped? absoultetly. but still alot of fun! with an incrdible score, as the whole trilogy has, Raimi kicks it up a notch for this sequel. while still being campy Spider-Man 2 brings in more drama that does get over the top. Spider-Man 2 one of the best comic book movies ever? no but it does hold a place for one of the best comic book movie fight scenes ever....the train sequence
  13. May 3, 2014
    While Spider-Man 2 is plagued by similar issues of the first one (primarily some cheesy dialogue and acting) this film is a significant improvement over the first one. It has the same likeable characters (with actors far more comfortable in their roles) and sense of the fun the first one has but also has much more meat. The story is far more interesting and engaging this time around andWhile Spider-Man 2 is plagued by similar issues of the first one (primarily some cheesy dialogue and acting) this film is a significant improvement over the first one. It has the same likeable characters (with actors far more comfortable in their roles) and sense of the fun the first one has but also has much more meat. The story is far more interesting and engaging this time around and the presentation is well done as well. The villain could have been better integrated into the film but as it is its down ok and everything else is really good. Additionally, the villain is much better. Overall, this is a really good film. Fans of the first one should definitely check it out as they are going to be in for a good time as the film is another great installment in the franchise. Nonfans of the first one should check out two, especially if you thought the first one lacked any substance. This is one of the best superhero films to come out of Marvel (even ten years later) and is definitely worth your time. Expand
  14. May 3, 2014
    This movie was perfect, Alfred Molina was fantastic as Doc Occ, the relationship between Harry and Peter was good, everything in this movie was awesome. The fact that people prefer the newer movies simply because Andrew Garfield is more handsome is so freaking stupid?!! Tobey Maguire nail it with his acting in this movie!
  15. Apr 28, 2014
    The follow up to Sam Raimi's 2002 "spider-Man" lived up to the hype and didn't disappoint. This is the best Spidey film to date and one of the top 5 superhero movies of all time. The new villain this time is Doc Ock played by Alfred Molina and boy did he turn in a masterful performance. I couldn't see anyone else play this role better. Great film. A must watch.
  16. Apr 22, 2014
    With Parker continuing to struggle with the responsibility of being a superhero the Spider-Man sequel is as successful at combining action, comedy and character development as the first movie . Doctor Octopus also provides a great nemesis for the hero and the fight scenes between the two make for some excellent action sequences. Highly recommended.
  17. Apr 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spider-man 2 is way much better than the first because there is more action and more suspense.Octopus is my favourite villain in spider-man and what is wrong with him is that he dies at the end. Expand
  18. Apr 9, 2014
    This was a great movie and my second favorite Marvel movie next to Iron Man! This was the only Marvel movie I've ever seen where I've actually liked the ending! I can't say anymore than that without spoiling something so Nuff' said!
  19. Jan 6, 2014
    Melhorou muito em relação ao seu ótimo primeiro filme.
  20. Dec 2, 2013
    The best Spider-Man film released and one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. The emotion oozes and the tension rises in this sequel. Alfred Molina is perfect as Doc Ock.
  21. Nov 29, 2013
    This is a perfect comic book movie, plus a sequel. I had high expectations since I saw the first Spiderman movie. And I got to say, it really met up to my expectations. If you weren't a fan of the Spiderman comics, or the original shows and whatnot, this can change your mind.
  22. Nov 12, 2013
    Spider-man 2 doesn't excite.
    Just a continuation of the average Peter Parker with the same powers, the same problems, and the same girl that he can't seem to get. Spider-man 2 plays out an unrealistic villain with cheesy dialogue and no real spectacular elements.
  23. Nov 11, 2013
    Whoa, I didn't expect "Spider-Man 2" to not only be better than the first film, but by quite a lot. This film is emotionally satisfying, has excellent action scenes, and great acting. If you are a fan of the first movie, you must check out this exciting sequel.
  24. Oct 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spider-man 2 es un gran film de acción y aventura, de los que dan gusto poder ver. He quedado maravillado y espero que así halla sido también para todos los espectadores. Una película que no solo marca una época dorada en el superhéroe, sino que también logra ser el mejor film del género de todos los tiempos, superando incluso a The Dark Knight. Expand
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    Rarely does a sequel come along that it better than the already-great first movie, with more action and a better story. But screw movie logic, Spider-Man 2 does it anyway.
  26. Sep 2, 2013
    Sequels are always common ground for big franchise and surprise hits in the film world, but they don’t always succeed, actors may not want to return, drastic changes are often made which hampers the success of the original and they never really come up as strong, but this is not the case whatsoever with Spider-Man 2, a film which gets everything right, it has a real story, an emotionalSequels are always common ground for big franchise and surprise hits in the film world, but they don’t always succeed, actors may not want to return, drastic changes are often made which hampers the success of the original and they never really come up as strong, but this is not the case whatsoever with Spider-Man 2, a film which gets everything right, it has a real story, an emotional journey of self-esteem and the tests that face relationships and friendship when people are clouded by uncontrollable rage.
    Tobey Maguire puts in much more personal performance in his second outing as the now conflicted web slinger, unable to juggle his crime fighting alter-ego and his attempt at an ordinary life of college and living alone. We see a world around him that doesn’t appreciate the pizza delivery man and the one behind the mask, branded an outlaw as Spider-Man and a slacking student as Peter Parker, his hard life reflects is superpowers too, which begin to fade in and out as his troubles worsen. The film is a dark and personal story which is such a triumph as the film goes along, we have another villain in the form of Dr. Otto Octavius (Alfred Molina), a genius scientist who is attempting to create free energy, but a disastrous accident sends the man insane, now pursuing the person he sees responsible, Spider-Man.The film cleverly explores each avenue of problematic issues with having a dual lifestyle.
    Peter sees everyone he loves drifting away from him, we see a touching performance from Rosemary Harris playing Aunt May, a stubborn woman who fends for herself, and we see a different side to the woman when Peter reveals the truth about the tragic death of Uncle Ben in the first film, the continuity continues to flow throughout the film, calling back previous plots helps stay involved. We also have one of the most visually spectacular films to date, with various scenes including stopping a train, catapulting from one building to the next and a very explosive finale that hits the right buttons each and every turn, with excellent scenes that leave you in awe, that is sure to leave everyone satisfied.
    One of the best sequels ever made, and certainly one of the best superhero films to date, it is hard-hitting, personal, beautiful and very character-driven that it works as both an action epic and a dramatic story, the superhero film that has always been desired.
  27. Aug 5, 2013
    This film goes far beyond just a superhero movie, in fact, it can be called a movie treasure. Spider-Man 2 improves tremendously over its predecessor with a storyline that immerses the audience on a deep emotional level, supplies plenty of good humor, and brings a fan favorite villain to life in an exciting fashion. Not only is Spider-Man 2 the perfect superhero movie, but it's also theThis film goes far beyond just a superhero movie, in fact, it can be called a movie treasure. Spider-Man 2 improves tremendously over its predecessor with a storyline that immerses the audience on a deep emotional level, supplies plenty of good humor, and brings a fan favorite villain to life in an exciting fashion. Not only is Spider-Man 2 the perfect superhero movie, but it's also the set standard on how a great movie should be made in the first place. This also happens to be my favorite superhero movie, and one of my favorite movies of all time, with an entertainment value for ages to come. Expand
  28. Jul 24, 2013
    A really good movie with the perfect cast, fantastic acting, direction, villain and a superb story with great humor, but what i don't like is that Peter is just so shy, like letting Harry slap him for example and the way he is overall, and he doesn't put up much of a fight; he's a bit weak in the battles.
  29. Jul 16, 2013
    Spider man cada vez escalando mas hacia un buen futuro................................................................................................
  30. Jul 3, 2013
    Spider-Man 2 is one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen, and in my opinion, better than the first movie due to great special effects, a great story, and Alfred Molina's performance as Doc Ock.
  31. Jul 1, 2013
    A great sequel that follows on closely after the events of the first film. It's just as fast-paced and entertaining, and with the majority of the main players back for round two any fans of the first film will enjoy this one. Any of the Spider-Man films are certainly one of my favourites when it comes to Superhero movies, and this is no exception as its nothing but a joy to watch. I thinkA great sequel that follows on closely after the events of the first film. It's just as fast-paced and entertaining, and with the majority of the main players back for round two any fans of the first film will enjoy this one. Any of the Spider-Man films are certainly one of my favourites when it comes to Superhero movies, and this is no exception as its nothing but a joy to watch. I think the third and final chapter in this trilogy fell a little, but the sequel is a quality Action film Expand
  32. Jun 14, 2013
    Emotionally and cinematically brilliant that surpasses the original in everyway and even the rebooted Garfield-Spidey. One of my favourite superhero films of all time alongside Dark Knight Rises, Iron Man 3 and The Avengers.
  33. Jun 13, 2013
    This is a great movie. The story is great and the action sequences are awesome. Alfred Molina was great as Doc Ock and James Franco nailed it again as Harry Osborn. As a big Spidey fan, I have to say that this movie is better than the first one.
  34. Apr 21, 2013
    Let me start by saying that this is NOT the best spider-man movie. While good, I don't think that tobey maguire was good as spider-man(same for kirsten dunst, who played MJ). James Franco was good, awesome subway acton sequence, and whoever played J. Jonah Jameson was excellent. This movie was good, but nothing more than good.
  35. Mar 27, 2013
    Perfect. Nothing more to say.
  36. Mar 14, 2013
    Far superior to the first film. The movie does a really good job at showing Parker's relationship with Octavius that is similar to the comics. Alfred Molina is just fantastic as Dr Octopus, a real shame he didn't have his accent from the comics and cartoon series, but that really was just a minor quip. The movie really does a great job at showing Parker's struggle to be both Peter ParkerFar superior to the first film. The movie does a really good job at showing Parker's relationship with Octavius that is similar to the comics. Alfred Molina is just fantastic as Dr Octopus, a real shame he didn't have his accent from the comics and cartoon series, but that really was just a minor quip. The movie really does a great job at showing Parker's struggle to be both Peter Parker and Spider-man, granted it's really tamed down from the comics but considering there is a limited amount of screen time they do a decent job of it. Overall: Probably the best Spider-Man movie in the franchise so far. Expand
  37. Feb 12, 2013
    A far superior film than the first one. The villain here is more intriguing and purposeful. Spider-man himself goes through some ups and downs. The fight scenes were cooler and riveting. MJ serves the purpose of 'damsel in distress' yet again. I don't know anyone who would want to be with such an annoying person. Anyway, I enjoyed it.
  38. Jan 12, 2013
    'Spider-Man 2' is sweet and innocent, with Raimi's portrayal of honest human emotion bringing the warm, throbbing heart to this film that makes it so beloved. The pulchitrudinous dialogue drips with humble tears and emotional depth, provoking audiences to ponder on fundamental morality through the deliverance of messages that transcend the human race. Danny Elfman's score contributes to my'Spider-Man 2' is sweet and innocent, with Raimi's portrayal of honest human emotion bringing the warm, throbbing heart to this film that makes it so beloved. The pulchitrudinous dialogue drips with humble tears and emotional depth, provoking audiences to ponder on fundamental morality through the deliverance of messages that transcend the human race. Danny Elfman's score contributes to my bucket of tears with the aid of the serene, harmonious strokes of strings that penetrate your very soul. This film is an uplifting, powerful and masterfully crafted one; it provides the comic-book fantasies that satisfy your inner child while coating it in a honeysuckle layer of themes that encourage good deeds to be done. It is a story of a man discovering himself, dealing with inner turbulence and confusion - a story that defines all of us and our struggles in ethically complicated situations. Raimi undoubtedly shows appreciation for rich character texture that elevate the impact of each character's respective catharsis through the course of the storyline, yet leaving one to remain disturbed to overall create a bitter-sweet after-taste and a slightly open ending. Put simply, 'Spider-Man 2' is an absolute delight that improves on the original and goes down as one of the best sequels of all-time, with The Empire Strikes Back, The Dark Knight, Superman II and The Godfather 2. 'With great power comes great responsibility' Expand
  39. Dec 5, 2012
    my question is how did spider-man 2 score better than the first instalment. Spider-man 2 is 50 times worse than the first spider-man movie the story is worse,the acting is 100 times worse and toby maquire is acts more and more like a baboon and is acting still sucks.How people liked this movie is mind boggling.one word to describe the movie "Terrible".Once again this is one of the worstmy question is how did spider-man 2 score better than the first instalment. Spider-man 2 is 50 times worse than the first spider-man movie the story is worse,the acting is 100 times worse and toby maquire is acts more and more like a baboon and is acting still sucks.How people liked this movie is mind boggling.one word to describe the movie "Terrible".Once again this is one of the worst movie sequels in the history of sequels. Expand
  40. Nov 28, 2012
    Taking nearly every element of the first film and elevating it, "Spider-Man 2" is everything a sequel should be and more.
  41. Nov 12, 2012
    This Spider-Man, new and improved, hits all the right notes, has a perfect, bracing pace, and brings great new ideas to the screen. Surely when it was made, it was the best superhero movie ever. The Dark Knight now holds that position.
  42. Aug 12, 2012
    The most humane and one of the best superhero movies to ever be made. The movie succeeds to be a well-made character story on the personal trials of a superhero, laced with remarkable action sequences.
  43. Jul 20, 2012
    Spider-Man 2 is some of the most fun I have had during a movie. It is much more than a comic book movie and the character development in this movie is just great. I cared much more for the characters in this movie than Spider-Man (2002). The action sequences are brilliant in this movie, especially the train battle between our friendly-neighborhood Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus. Mary JaneSpider-Man 2 is some of the most fun I have had during a movie. It is much more than a comic book movie and the character development in this movie is just great. I cared much more for the characters in this movie than Spider-Man (2002). The action sequences are brilliant in this movie, especially the train battle between our friendly-neighborhood Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus. Mary Jane is a forceful character in this movie though and by that, I mean, we are forced to like her as a character. She wasn't nearly as charming as Emma Stone was in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) but this still is and will be, at least for a while i believe, the first movie which pops into my head when I think of "Spider-Man." Expand
  44. Jul 12, 2012
    This is the best of the Spider-Man movies. Along with riding a lot of the success of the first film, Spider-Man 2 upgrades the series with great effects, a more human villain, emotional renaissance and humor.
  45. Jul 8, 2012
    The perfect sequel and the best Spider-Man movie that has ever been made. The movie is just excellent and Alfred Molina is the greatest Spider-Man villain of all as he plays Doctor Octopus.
  46. Jun 22, 2012
    Spider-Man 2 has a good villain but Raimi thinks he can fit such emotional drama with a little love story that the movie would've been fine without. Doc Oct was a great villain who was played perfectly and who could have stole the show, if not for Kirsten Dunst and her stupid part.
  47. Jun 9, 2012
    Many consider this as the best super hero film of all time. But I feel that it is inferior to the first Spider-Man. It has a slow mid point; joke sequences went a little bit too long. But it has one of the best super hero fight of all time.
  48. May 11, 2012
    The best way to describe this Spider-Man: More action and more fleshed-out characters. Doc Ock was a great choice for the villain and Tobey Maguire is great here.
  49. BeK
    Apr 19, 2012
    After a long break, from writing reviews for movies, I've decided to start out with Spider-Man 2. Spider-Man 2, the best in the series. I've just finished seeing it, for like the 3rd time. There are not a lot of movie sequel that improve the non-sequel version. Spider-Man 2 is definitely not in that category. Even though I was really impressed about Spider-Man back in 2002, when it brokeAfter a long break, from writing reviews for movies, I've decided to start out with Spider-Man 2. Spider-Man 2, the best in the series. I've just finished seeing it, for like the 3rd time. There are not a lot of movie sequel that improve the non-sequel version. Spider-Man 2 is definitely not in that category. Even though I was really impressed about Spider-Man back in 2002, when it broke all records, Spider-Man 2 raise up to its level and in some areas even surpassed it. I'm not going to give you any spoilers on the movie, not really my style. But I will say this, the story line, the characters raise up to their full potential. It's not just action followed by more action, its something more, it impresses in every area of movies. Breathtaking moments, action packed fights, great development in the story, everything to make you see at least once...So, hope you enjoyed :) my personal opinion on 2004's Spider-Man 2. (10/10) Expand
  50. Apr 7, 2012
    This movie is Amazing, Best Superhero movie of the last ten years, even better than the Dark Knight, Superb acting, mezmerizing effects and moments that'll last a life time, Sam Raimi has created a Cinematic masterpiece. Too Bad Spiderman 3 didn't do to well. Could JK Simmons please reprise his role in the new Spiderman movies? He was born to play the part. This movie is one for the ages,This movie is Amazing, Best Superhero movie of the last ten years, even better than the Dark Knight, Superb acting, mezmerizing effects and moments that'll last a life time, Sam Raimi has created a Cinematic masterpiece. Too Bad Spiderman 3 didn't do to well. Could JK Simmons please reprise his role in the new Spiderman movies? He was born to play the part. This movie is one for the ages, A masterpiece! Expand
  51. Mar 7, 2012
    Greatest comic book movie ever. While a considerable improvement over the first in all areas, the choice of Alfred Molina as villain Doc Ock was beyond brilliant. A total joy to watch over and over.
  52. Dec 9, 2011
    Pretty much the same as I felt about the previous film. I didnt like the acting much but the action was good and it was entertaining for the most part. It could get rather dull though and that did take away from it.
  53. Nov 10, 2011
    Spider-Man 2 and Sam Raimi take the video game approach to sequels and I say this in the best possible way. All he really does is take what he did so well in the first one and build on it, with a snazzy new villain (played to perfection by Alfred Molina), subtle progression of the main characters and overall a story that is about as fun (if not more so) as the first film. Its a greatSpider-Man 2 and Sam Raimi take the video game approach to sequels and I say this in the best possible way. All he really does is take what he did so well in the first one and build on it, with a snazzy new villain (played to perfection by Alfred Molina), subtle progression of the main characters and overall a story that is about as fun (if not more so) as the first film. Its a great popcorn film with some thrilling set pieces (especially the segments involving the train). It isn't timeless (I don't know a superhero movie that is) but its great, really great. Peter Parkers journey seems realistic in its progression (given the whole radioactive spider of it all) with the relationships between the characters being the main draw of the film despite the brilliant action. The dynamic between Peter and Mary Jane (Kirsten Dunst) or Peter and his aunt are engaging with the latter bringing some serious emotions out that had been stored up since the first film. Its a great next step in a story I think will only get better.........oh wait its Eddie Brock. Expand
  54. Sep 21, 2011
    "Spider man 2" is decent. There is a lot to see but less to think or develop. Better to watch with your friends for pure joy, laughing at the corny dialogue and 'ooh-aah'ing at the impressive action sequences.
  55. Sep 17, 2011
    This is even better than the original! The acting is still up to scratch, the visual effects are much improved and it has a deep emotional focus that never goes insipid at any point. Alfred Molina as Doc Ock HAS to be one of the greatest villains of all time. It's less cheesy than the first, but that doesn't mean it's not cheesy at all. Still, nonetheless, this and The Dark Knight are theThis is even better than the original! The acting is still up to scratch, the visual effects are much improved and it has a deep emotional focus that never goes insipid at any point. Alfred Molina as Doc Ock HAS to be one of the greatest villains of all time. It's less cheesy than the first, but that doesn't mean it's not cheesy at all. Still, nonetheless, this and The Dark Knight are the best superhero sequels of all time. Expand
  56. Aug 25, 2011
    Head and shoulders above the first one. It's character-driven and much more interesting emotionally plus there's more realistic dialogue and a cooler villain
  57. Aug 1, 2011
    This took the fun and energy of the first film and multiplied it by awesome. It had a great story of personal conflict over whether to be happy in your personal life or possibly using the gifts you have to sacrifice that life to save others. It was a enthralling story about true heroism to the point of oneâ
  58. Jul 3, 2011
    Spider-man 2 is the perfect comic book movie, quite possibly the best ever made up until this time. It's a movie with character, love, and life, and prior to what you might think it's not really a movie about killing bad guys at all...it's a beautiful love story. Wonderously acted, funny, witty, smart, it hits all the right notes. There are scenes in this movie that just make you smileSpider-man 2 is the perfect comic book movie, quite possibly the best ever made up until this time. It's a movie with character, love, and life, and prior to what you might think it's not really a movie about killing bad guys at all...it's a beautiful love story. Wonderously acted, funny, witty, smart, it hits all the right notes. There are scenes in this movie that just make you smile with pure joy like, "I can't believe they did that!" but oh they do, from Spider-man losing grip on his powers, to losing friends and gaining enemies, to accepting the fact that he shouldn't be the web slinger any longer (*hint" the "rain drops keep fallin' on my head" sequence was perfection). Everything about Spider-man 2 shows a flawed character trying to live his own life. Toby Maguire's Peter Parker is a character we can all relate to. Whether he's struggling with old demons from the past, working with love all the while dealing with criminals on a daily basis, trying to make his own life by going to school and working, and dealing with, quite possibly, the most legendary and sinister Spider-man villain of all time. Anytime you think you've got it hard take a step into this man's life and you'll witness hard. The movie is sad, joyful, funny, loving, and full of life! It feels like a movie actually touched by human hands. It seems Sam Raimi's main focus was character development, an excellent story, excellent perfomances, and character. All which are nailed all too perfectly. But this does not take away from the action, which is beautifully shot, fantastically created, and perfectly executed. The action in this flick will keep you on the edge of your seat and keep you chearing, it's a modern epic, and what a sure super hero film should be all about. Expand
  59. Jun 26, 2011
    A splendid sequel to the already excellent first movie (by the way, I don't see how this movie was significantly better than the first. All three Spider-Man movies are equally awesome).
  60. May 12, 2011
    i loved this movie from start to finish. it captured spider man in his fullest. this was almost like the comic book. it was great. this movie was incredible. the train scene was unbelievable. this was way better than spider man 3. its the best spider man movie. near perfect
  61. Mar 9, 2011
    Aside from some drama and the fact that they made Doctor Octopus look lame this was an awesome movie, great special effects, awesome action, and great humor made this one of the best comic book based movies I've seen, if your a Spider-Man fan you'll love this movie.
  62. Jan 21, 2011
    Spider-Man 2 may be called a comic book movie, but is so much more than that. The film improves the action thanks to a larger budget, has awesome acting and characters, and an excellent script which has a heart and entertains. Spider-Man 2 is a movie you truly have to see to believe, it is the master of comic book movies along with The Dark Knight. Even if you are not a Spider-Man fan, SEESpider-Man 2 may be called a comic book movie, but is so much more than that. The film improves the action thanks to a larger budget, has awesome acting and characters, and an excellent script which has a heart and entertains. Spider-Man 2 is a movie you truly have to see to believe, it is the master of comic book movies along with The Dark Knight. Even if you are not a Spider-Man fan, SEE THIS MOVIE! Expand
  63. Nov 7, 2010
    a great follow-up to Spiderman
  64. Aug 23, 2010
    Second Spidey film, man builds extra arms, get out of control, becomes evil, Spiderman loses his powers & his girl, can he get them back?
    Bigger in everyway than the very entertaining first & maybe a bit too much CGI rather than story. However, still a very good watch. Tobey Maguire is perfect in the role as is the very under-rated J.K Simmons (I love him in Juno).
    Sort of on par with the
    Sort of on par with the first but for different reasons.

1. Raimi doesn't make the mistake of over-thinking the flimsy psychology of the genre. All this conflicted-hero stuff isn't meant to be profound; instead, it's there for the same reason as everything else -- to give the action (the interior action in this case) a healthy shot of pop energy.
  2. Reviewed by: M. E. Russell
    Spider-Man 2 succeeds in pretty much the same way "Superman II" did -- only more so.
  3. This movie, directed with precision and an appreciation for (relatively) rich character texture by Sam Raimi, remembers all the fine elements of the original film (and the comic book story). It reprises them perfectly, including wonderfully choreographed, skyscraper-hanging fights.