6.1

1. Oct 7, 2010
    To be honest, I didn't what was so bad about this movie! I've heard complaints about Venom, too many villains, etc. Well, whatever! I don't care for any of that! As long as I'm entertained, that's all that matters for me!
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    How can you screw up Venom? They made a pure mockery of his character and overall persona -- not to mention Spider-Man himself. There is nothing wrong with going through an emotional time, but the overall presentation of Peter's gradual change is cheesy and disturbing.
  3. Jan 13, 2012
    Compared to the other Spider Man movies, this is bad. The history isn't nice as the first movie's and it's way less enjoyable. The enemy: Venom, is the nicest thing of the movie...probably one of the only things nice in it.
  4. Sep 21, 2011
    "Spider man 3" is very impressive and astounding; Sam Raimi manages to give the obvious fresh joy and humor from the previous sequels and even throws in more villains. The Result? Perfect.
  5. Apr 7, 2012
    As much as this movie was spectacular it had too much going, Too much Sandman, not enough new Goblin and Venom, The scene where Peter cries cause MJ boke up with him was so frustrating, he was basically being a sook. With the exception of Topher Grace, casting was spot on. It's a fun filled ride but it isn't as fun as the first two were. still it's a worthy addition to your movie collection, especially blu-ray. Expand
  6. Mar 6, 2011
    This is the worst Spider-Man movie yet, the stupid story and TERRIBLE plot twist with Sandman was RETARDED!!!! and they completely shafted Venom, even though it's so flawed I still got enjoyment out of this, this will sharply divide fans.
  7. Oct 17, 2012
    A clunky, uneven, too villain-filled, disappointing conclusion to The Spiderman Trilogy. That's a shame because the movie looked amazing from all the theatrical shorts and tv trailers. What we got was an over-the-top Tobey Magurie going all emo on us and performing a ridiculous dance scene in a bar later on in the movie. Does that sound like what you'd expect from a movie that has Venom in it?!?!?!

If it wasn't for the guy who played Eddie Brock, then the film would have been okay to watch. However, the "birth of The Sandman is just an amazing scene and the only memorable part of the movie for me.
  8. Nov 7, 2010
    wasn't as good as the first two movies, but its visuals were still great
  9. Mar 3, 2011
    When I saw the poster and trailer of this movie, I was excited to see this movie in theatres. But when I saw it, it wasn't what I expected. I think this was the goofiest Spiderman movie that I wish was fixed. My friends absolutly hated this movie and called it "The Worst Spiderman Movie EVER", it was out of control. I only met one person that actually LOVED this movie, I don't know what type of drugs he was taking during the movie. To me, I didn't like it either. The first problem, is that it had too many villians in 1 film (Goblin Jr., Sandman, Venom, and Dark Spiderman). Second, Venom was only on film for about 10 minutes, I have know idea how they can put my favorite villian in the last minutes of the film. Third, Emo Peter, he was just so goofy when he had that black suit, it made Spiderman look like a joke than a badass. Forth, the dance scene, this shouldn't have ever been put in a Spiderman movie at all. I think this was more of a spoof comic book movie, like "Batman and Robin". But others say, "This should not be part of the trilogy, it should't be called Spiderman 3". And suprisingly, I agree to that. If people liked this movie, thats fine. I didn't like it. Expand
  10. Aug 4, 2013
    Seeing this for the first time in the cinema, I must admit I was impressed, but I also left the feeling with a problem that I couldn't quite put my finger on, and when I watched it again, an again, the problems threw themselves at me to the point where I felt so disappointed, I didn't hate Spider-Man 3, but after such a strong and excellent second outing for our hero, the third tried to go bigger and bigger to the point where they seemed to lose track of characters, plot lines and an overall sense of enjoyment.
    A relatively unknown and unexplained symbiote crash lands on earth, and this makes for some very interesting changes in the personality of Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire), who continues to date the woman he loves, albeit with plenty of speed bumps along the way. Peter also has to deal with his estranged friend Harry, who now has a very ruthless side and his very own alter-ego, someone who causes problems for Spider-Man, but not alone. The film paves the way for not one, not two, but three villains. Just as can be imagined, it becomes messy and confusing with a bewildering and awkward love triangle, a very powerful villain who has a quick backstory and thats it, we have a villain in the form of Venom who could be touted as one of the most famous of foes, but the most underused and wrongly portrayed characters in film, rushed and overblown are a few choice words.
    Its just difficult to heighten any sense of character in these new foes, with a weak script which doesn't explore them with enough depth or gratifying belief that they could even contend with Doc Ock of the second film. They seem more like plot devices to move the story along, and Venom seemed to be used as a oh no, we forgot we had Venom shown earlier, stick him into that scene" type scenario. With this comes the vastly different main characters, who now seem like the kids they should have portrayed in the first film but are coming up late, with the lack of humour definitely apparent.
    But the action and visuals continue to come up top marks, with the birth of Sandman being a particularly impressive scene which one of the limited marvels of the film, some of the action sequences were excellent, many just seemed to help knock up the budget with no relevance at all to the story. There is certainly a different, darker and much more gritty attitude in the third and final instalment of the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire era, but it moves too fast and leaves too many characters out in the cold, adding up to a disappointing and ultimately messy affair.
  11. Feb 29, 2012
    Spider-man 3 sure has it's faults and flaws. The final cheapter in the spider triogy wraps up the francise greatly and the CGI is dazzling as anything. Sadley though spider-man 3 is so desprate to out-live the amazing spider-man 2 that it works too hard with way too many villans. First of all, if your gonna go ahead with spidey 3 then keep in mind that,ll you either be blown away or damn right disappointed. Mixed reviews are everywhere on the internet so watch with an open mind. First of all the fight scenes are amazing! oh and there's action! Real action with mind blowing CGI. However though, the film spins a messy plot going to the next character and then to the next one. It's also to note that once spidey goes bad, the film even try's to be funny showing a dance scene with peter ( no! you read that right!) a dance scene! You may just be mad with laughter or myble you,ll come across the WTF factor. Either way though despite the films flaws, spider-man 3 has a darker tone and message then the other two films and also has the beatiful message of forgiveness and choices in the film which to me, was what i found to be the best part of the film. The film wraps the triogly up greatly and by doing so changes the wall clawers orgin story. A riskly move i know and some people thought wrong of this but i for one thought that it payed off as it makes peter grow up more with forgiveness in his heart rather then revenage. Something that are own hearts lack and need to be taught with as well. We always have a choice to do the right thing and its why that this film has the best theme in all of three spider-man films. Spider-man 3 may not live up to spider-man 2 which is a true fact but bear in mind though that it has more heart then spider-man 2 and message. that even the best of us need to learn. Venom was myble a pointless figure in the film but to be honest i just think that venom was a relection of what peter could of become and also what we could become if we live with revenage in our own hearts forever. Don't expect venom to great in the film, let alone be that much in the film either but Raimi didn't even want this guy in the film but instead used him to tell the next story of peter parker. Oh and there's also a death in the film as well, two deaths actualy ( one a villian by no surprise since this a spider-man film) and one is just another message as well. A message that shows even if we can redeem are are selfs from bad choices, we,ll stay have to pay for what we chose to dofor making the wrong choice's in life. To sum it all up, spider-man 3, depsite it's faults, is the best spider-man film with a heart and message. Despite not reaching the level of spider-man 2, the final film has bearth taking CGI and finsh's off the triogy on level. Say what you what about this film, love it or hate it, people say only fans who read the comics only know how this is a bad film. Well guass what? This is coming from a big spider-man who loves the comics and also loves this film as well! There's troll's every where on the internet who rip this film to shreds but i don't care. There's more postive then negative reviews on this site, user's put a more postive reviews here which has out-weighed the bad ones so i know that there's other people who think the same as i do. It's not a bad film but a damn good fllm in it's own light. Besides, despite that spider-man 4 may be cancelled, spider-man 3 wrapped the franise up greatly and it did a damn fine job to end one of the most loved super-hero series ever to come. Expand
  12. Apr 18, 2012
    I understand the complaints that many fans like myself have towards this movie, but I still enjoyed the movie nonetheless. The "Emo Peter" scenes were cheesy and comic bookish... but isn't that the point of a comic book movie? My only real problem w/ the movie is how little screen time Venom got. Raimi should have moved him to the 4th movie and kept the Sandman as the main villain. I feel the Venom saga deserves its own movie. In conclusion, this is a good movie with a few problems. Expand
  13. Jul 20, 2012
    What the hell was this crap? Sam Raimi, after your masterpiece superhero film, Spider-Man 2 I expected so much more from you. Sure, the movie was funny in some points but the story was downright terrible. Venom had like three minutes of screen time and the Sandman was just lame. The dialogue was cheesy and there was nothing to go on. Spider-Man 3 was one of the biggest disappointments for movie-goers and Spidey fans, both. Expand
  14. May 31, 2012
    Spider-man 3 was an epic superhero adventure. Everyone will love this movie. With intense violence, a great plot, and Marvel's coolest superhero, you can't help but like Spider-man 3.
  15. Aug 28, 2012
    best one in the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Mar 14, 2013
    Not bad, not good either. It has some really good scenes. It has some really bad scenes. Which genius thought it would be a great idea to cast Topher Grace as Eddie Brock? Eddie Brock/Venom is meant to be the opposite to Parker both physically and mentally. Grace does do a good job at nailing Brock/Venom's mentality but he just does not look the part. Brock/Venom was meant to be much bigger. A body builder in comparison to Spider-Man. As to Emo-Peter I think pretty much everyone else has said what is need to be said about this. Thomas Haden Church on the other hand is perhaps the only saving grace of this movie. He was an excellent Sandman. In fact I could even go so far as to say his version is even superior to the one in the comics. Sandman was always just a side character, but Church really did give him some depth and reason. Overall: Spider-Man 3 as a whole isn't terrible but it has just got far, far too many ideas floating about that are just underdeveloped. As if Raimi was trying to please too many people at once. Expand
  17. Feb 27, 2013
    You can only assume that Raimi intended to make a comedy but changed his mind at the last minute. Peter Parker dances away his credibility and the potential for a sequel.
  18. Jan 29, 2011
    i was so excited for this movie i liked the first 2 spider-man movies . i thought for sure sam rami would get it right in the 3rd especially when i heard venom was gonna finnaly be in it. let me say right off the bat im a HUGE Venom fan . he is my favorite comic book hero/villian . even when i heard topher grace was gona be eddie brock i still stayed positive . not like i have any thing against topher i like him in that 70s show but really!? topher grace .... as eddie brock ... yeeaaaah... not the right choice on that casting call. they just destroyed him in this film and after hearing rami's excuse of venom was to much of a 1 demensional charicter and not intresting enough to star as the villian just proved that rami was not the spider-man fan he said he was and had no buisness in hell touching this film. there was to much going on and not enough devolpment on really any thing and yes the dance seen with parker was rancid dog ass. the action was great but thats the only thing in this movie that was great. the plot of this should have started out with spider-man fighting scorpion in the first half of the film and gettin the black suite and needing it to beat him then focused on venom second half . then having spidy beating Venom and NOT for the love of god killing him and then bringing in Venom and Carnage tag teaming spider man in the next movie. that would have been awsome and i would have praised sam rami as a freekin genous and true spider-man fan . i wana say he's a giant douchebag... but he still mad Army of darkness which is a freekin awsome movie .so ill just call him a dumb ass for now. Expand
  19. Feb 19, 2011
    Such a disappointing film after the incredible Spider-Man 2. Way too many storylines and way too many villains. The Sandman's storyline was intriguing, and I enjoyed watching James Franco's transformation, but they were buried among a handful of other plots. After this film I guess there was little chance of Raimi saving this franchise making a re-boot necessary. It's a shame because I really enjoyed Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man and the first two films in the series were very promising. Expand
  20. Apr 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely the worst of the bunch. The special effects and action scenes are absolutely fantastic in this movie, but that's about it's only redeeming feature. The love scenes throughout this movie just scream awkward and just had me wanting to skip over them. I really can't get over how wrong Kirsten Dunst was for the role of MJ, she doesn't even try to act like Mary Jane, she just gets thrown a couple of script lines that are what you might call Mary Jane Watson's catchphrases. Another problem with this movie, was that there were so many villains, that you didn't feel any emotional connection to any of them. I'll start with the Green Goblin (Harry Osborn), I think one word can describe the major screw-up here "snowboard" or "skateboard" what ever you think best describes his new glider. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? He didn't even get given the awesome suit that the original Green Goblin had! Now Venom; probably my favourite Spider-man villain ever, he deserved so much more, he should have had a film dedicated to him and not had to share the movie with the Green Goblin AND the Sandman. I didn't have a problem with the actor playing Eddie Brock but his hatred toward's Spider-man just got brushed over and I felt like his hate towards him was irrational.
    If you look at this film on paper it should have been fantastic, but I just feel like something went terribly wrong after the last movie. I think with everything that got put into this one, the movie and it's characters got stretched very thin and it lost what the last two had. Thankgod spider-man is getting a reboot, it definitely needs it after this one.
  21. Aug 22, 2013
    Just like the reviews for M.J's play, this film is unbelievably underrated. The characters, story and themes all come full circle in this masterpiece. I love that the film combines all the goofy and emotional themes to conclude a fantastic story with much Oscar-worthy finesse (Sandman's creation, anyone?).

One of my favourite movies and I hope The Amazing Spider-Man 2 can live up to
    this amazing trilogy. Expand
  22. Dec 16, 2011
    A good movie, not great, not brilliant, a good movie, a good Spider Man movie! The introduction to Venom, the black suited Spidey, and Sandman were all great. The actors did an "alright" job at portraying the characters, and all of that (the music, sound effects, ect.) were okay. The costumes were great and the special effects are outstanding with true Spidey battles. But like the other two movies, there isn't much screen time of Spider man as there should be, along with too many story lines (for one movie) and a failed love triangle attempt, this movie leaves me with mixed feelings. But it's still worth watching and buying the DVD when released. Go Spidey, Go... Expand
  23. Jul 9, 2013
    Disappointingly, Spider-Man 3 puts the bad back into third films. While the film had some stunning visual effects and solid performances, the script was an absolute mess, the tone was confused, and the movie simply had too much going on to focus its sights on one thing. Additionally, the unnecessary cheese and goofiness made the story difficult to take seriously, making for a film that equaled the death of a series. Expand
  24. Jan 27, 2011
    Not the best Spider-man movie in the series, but the action scenes were probably the best n the series out of all the other Spider-man films. The only letdown for this film is the story I didn't particular like the story to this film, I thought the story was all over the place and a bit rushed.
  25. Jul 1, 2011
    Spider-Man 3's problems stem from its bloated and convoluted story. From multiple villains to love triangles to a symbiote-driven personality change, Spider-Man 3 tries to do in one movie what others would try to do in multiple. In choosing to tackle so much, this movie was destined to come up short. Having three villains in any movie, let alone a superhero movie, was always going to result in at least one bad guy getting sidelined. This honor falls onto Venom, a character which Sam Raimi did not want to include and boy does it show. His screen time is short and he always has the air of being unnecessary and out of place. As for Sandman, though he is visually impressive, his entry into the back story feels shoehorned in and unnatural. Dialogue is hampered by occasionally poor acting and the stunting of character growth (Mary Jane is the biggest offender). There is a real lack of an emotional cor to this movie, with each actor appearing to be going through the motions. The exception is Tobey Maquire who seems to enjoy Peter's narcissistic and selfish persona. Action scenes are high quality, entertaining and well realized. The problem is that with a lack of a well-constructed story and genuine emotions, these scenes are often hollow. Expand
  26. Apr 22, 2014
    The final movie in the trilogy, while not as bad as some make out, is certainly the weakest. Much of the action and comedy is still there but by pitting Spider-Man against three enemies (rather just one as in the first two movies) the film loses its focus. Each of the enemies back stories are developed in too much detail and the web-slinger comes close to being a guest in his own movie that is arguably trying to be too ambitious. Expand
  27. Dec 5, 2012
    oh my but this movie sucks 100 times more than spider-man 1 and 2.The acting is even worse,the story is the worst ever.and sorry tobey maguire but your acting still sucks it is so terrible I never want to see another Tobey Maguire movie in my lifetime.And it is all thanks to spider-man.Can't believe they decided to actually make a third instalment they should not have never made spider-man from the beginning they would have saved lots of money and would have saved us from utter bordem.Again this goes straight into the worst movies in history list. Expand
  28. Aug 25, 2011
    A really big disappointment and a movie about half as good as Spider-Man 2. There are too many villains and the acting is a huge drop from the first two.
  29. Jul 16, 2012
    I loved the first two, but this was a HUGE disappointment. The action and the visual effects were the best in the series, but the acting was soooo unconvincing and many of the sub-plots in this movie were just cliched and silly. The jazz club has to be one of the stupidest scenes I've ever watched. Venom had so much possibility for Spider-Man 4 (before Sony scrapped it) they shouldn't have killed him off! I wanted Spider-Man 4 to be better, but Sony seemed to think that a reboot would be better than a sequel that made up for the atrocities of this film. PATHETIC! Expand
  30. Feb 22, 2012
    It's awesome if your 12 or if you can relive those days. At that age you just pay attention to how awesome the film is and it really is. The action scenes and special effects are awesome.
  31. Jul 5, 2012
    OK ending to the franchise but still this had to be a little more exciting heart pounding.............just satisfaction and nothing else i gave it a 7 just cuz of the VENOM
  32. May 11, 2012
    With this Spider-Man you have a story that is different from its predecessors. Now there are multiple villains. It may seem like a lot to handle in one film, but somehow the action and story work out in the end. This is the most tragic Spider-Man of them all.
  33. Jun 9, 2012
    Studio VS Sam Raimi. By the time Spider-Man 3 is finished, we have way too many villains and way too many plot points. It shows how cluttered and unfocused this sequel was, the 'final' installment of Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. It was rumored that Raimi was forced to include Venom in the film as he is one of the more 'popular' villain out there. By the time number 4 was in pre-production, the wrangling between the film maker and studio resulted in a complete reboot of this franchise. Expand
  34. Dec 5, 2011
    Sloppy writing, poor editing and underused characters and poor development pull this Spidey sequel into the dirt.

While it tries to do the simple, and deliver what fans have come to expect rom a Spidey movie, the film fails to deliver anything truly engaging. The film makes a fuss of introducing three villains for Spider-man to defeat. However it feels like director Sam Rami had a good
    idea for three more Spider-man movies but was convinced to shove all of the plots into one movie. As a result the entire film suffers. The plot that suffers the most is the Venom storyline. Venom is the movie's villain and only appears fully in the final hal hour of the movie. As a result, he goes under developed and does the same evil plot every Spidey villain has done, kidnap Mary Jane and lure Spidey into a trap. It hasn't worked for the villains in the last two movies and drains the movie's final showdown of any drama. Speaking of the end, this is where all of the plots come together and are resolved, messily. In the midst of the chaos, Peter gets colosure with best pal Harry and manages to forgive baddie Flint Marko for the death of his uncle. Oh, and he manages to kill defeat Venom and sort his relationship issues with Mary Jane. This movie had real promise and falls flat down on it's face. Oh Spidey, you really tangled this one up. The Reboot can't come soon enough. Expand
  35. Dec 9, 2011
    There is a reason they are rebooting the series, This film was absolute trash. Not only did the acting and the story suck but there was a musical during the film and that just wont do.
  36. Dec 8, 2011
    Liked the first one a whole lot, loved the second, but this one was complete trash. I told my friends not to waste their money on this one. It got wrong what the first two got right and then some, never been this disappointed in my life.
  37. Dec 8, 2011
    What a waste of time! Walked into this movie with high expectations, thought I was watching a poorly done Mad TV sketch(which is saying something for Mad TV because their sketches are normally bad) but then realized I was infact in the middle of a horrible Spider-Man movie.
  38. Mar 7, 2012
    An unnecessarily overlong and depressing sequel that has Peter Parker happily embracing the dark side until minutes before the end credits roll. Having him change his mind at the last possible second and then show up in time to get his butt pummeled for ten minutes straight is a terrible way to end a franchise. Crying, blubbering and egotistical trash-talking abounds. Throw in Topher Grace as a criminally uninteresting and underpowered Venom (you can't be serious!!!) and you have a recipe for total meltdown. I suggest you pretend that Spider Man 2 was the final movie in the series and avoid this quagmire completely. Expand
  39. Jun 22, 2012
    People usually pick on Spider-Man 3 by saying that "Venom was portrayed terribly", or "Spider-Man was a sissy". But what was really wrong with this movie was that everything felt fake. NY didn't seem like NY. Peter didn't act like Peter. Spider-Man didn't act like a Spider-Man. And Sandman was meant to be the villain of the film but was wedge to work with Venom. Basically to much went on. Too many villains, and too many moments repeated from the previous movies. Expand
  40. Jun 3, 2012
    While it definitely has a lot of flaws, I don't think Spider-Man 3 is the abomination that a lot of people say it is. I'll talk about the good stuff first. Firstly the film looks amazing, the special effects are the best out of all of the three films. The web action looks awesome, Sandman looks awesome and Venom looks brilliant! People complain that he wasn't bulky enough but I thought he was fine. The only exception to the great special effects is the scene when Harry attacks Peter near the start of the film, its quite obvious that the makers had trouble animating the web swinging action when Peter is not wearing his suit. Another good thing about this film is that in some scenes it really does nail to darker tone that the film was going for, when Peter first gets the black suit it leads to some great and intense moments...now the bad stuff. It's obvious that this film cannot decide on a tone. At some points it's going for a really dark tone but in others it seems to be trying to make you laugh, or trying to be dark but failing and making us laugh when we shouldn't be. The acting isn't too bad but there's nothing special and the writing, while still better than Spider-Man 1, it has some cheesy and cheap lines and it makes some characters react to things in unrealistic ways. There's a lot in this film, so it does feel a bit bloated from time to time, especially in the ending. The ending to me felt like they makers were just having to tie up the loose ends one by one and it didn't feel natural. I could go on but I don't think I need to. This film can be enjoyable in some parts but you just cannot ignore all of its flaws. Expand
  41. Nov 11, 2013
    Okay, I'm gonna say that "Spider-Man 3" is just disappointing. It's a complete mess. The story was under-plotted, has too many plot holes, does not have the emotional satisfaction as "Spider-Man 2", and was just really bad. The only positive thing I can say about this film is the action and the visuals.
  42. Dec 23, 2012
    Though it has its emotionally heightened, strong moments, and visual splendour to spare, these are the last yellow spots on a rotten banana. 'Spider-Man 3' lacks the honest emotion that made the first two so great, as well as developing the too-many-villains disease that makes the plot wear thin before your eyes. A disappointing final chapter to Raimi's otherwise brilliant trilogy.
  43. Jul 9, 2012
    Personally I think Spider-Man 3 wraps up everything nicely. It is a great movie to end the Raimi series of Spider-Man with New Goblin, Venom and Sandman. The script and storyline is good, though the movie is not as good as it's predecessors due to the amount of villains the movie is trying to handle and the bloopers. The ending was also a misfire, I expected more from it, perhaps a speech from Peter about his life as Spider-Man. Expand
  44. Jul 12, 2012
    While it certainly has its silly parts and its overloaded with too many characters, Spider-Man 3 ultimately works because of its dazzling special effects and strong emotional focus.
  45. Jul 19, 2012
    This third installment of Sam Raimi, Spider-Man is a real waste of money, of course with respect to director Sam Raimi, but unlike Spider-Man 2, this does not have good story, not a good enemy, as in my opinion venom should have a very good job and not just out and about when it will end the movie, I say that if sam Raimi does not make the same mistake, what you can do is, first, not much to emocionarce special effects, since what is in each one, Spiderman 3 has very good special effects, with a budget that spent 250 million dollars, is to have well thought out story, and if not found leave behind that and find another thing, as does the genius of nolan, which in its delivery of Batman Begins and the Dark Knight, has had a very good story, apart from very good enemies.

Well in conclusion, Spider-Man 3 is a waste of money to have gone to see a film like this to the movies, and that now is not very cheap to say.
    My calificasion for Spiderman 3, Sam Raimi is 4/10.
  46. Aug 12, 2012
    A major disappointment, mostly from the fact that it completely contradicts the first two movies. One of the biggest reasons why Spider-Man is one of the most appealing superheroes is because of his self-sacrificing nature. The shift that suddenly he becomes "Mr. Big Shot" in this movie feels not only inconsistent, but it feels like we missed watching a Spider-Man movie that took place between "2" and "3". Not to mention that there's just simply too much crammed into this. Venom has no place in this movie whatsoever, and the revenge storyline between Peter and the Sandman was just so poorly handled. Boo. Expand
  47. Dec 8, 2013
    I have watch this spidey movie more 10 times, but the film is still not boring, this is spidey series movies the best. I love it, all acting, effect, music is great. If i can Give Score Spiderman Movie 1 Get 8.5, Spiderman Movie 2 Get 9, And Spiderman 3 Get 10 (Perfecto). Sam Raimi is The Best Director Movie Superhero
  48. Oct 12, 2012
    Very good sequel to Spiderman, but no better than the first part. I recommend it to fans of Spiderman. This film is full of surprises that will leave you open-mouthed.
  49. Apr 9, 2014
    lol people are really divided on this movie lol I for one enjoyed it; this was actually my most favorite spider man movie; the action was great, the emotional parts tugged at my strings, and a bad spiderman was a fresh change of pace; I don't know if its just me but the ending brought me to near tears; lol a great movie definantly; I would recommend anyone to just go in, watch the movie, and watch it on your own behalf; just because someone here said the movie was bad doesn't mean its bad; vice versa for good; lol

the only problem I had with this movie was that venom didn't get enough spotlight; sandman got more attention than venom and venom didn't get enough development; also the guy who played venom didn't really fit the persona of what I pictured venom to be; I always pictured venom to be this big buff guy that bullied peter parker but this actor failed to pull off that image lol still I suppose I he did a decent job of being venom lol he did get the cockiness of venom down pretty well lol

solid 8, great movie!
  50. Jan 6, 2014
    Depois do 2° se perdeu literalmente.
  51. Feb 9, 2013
    Weakest of the three by far! I don`t know how dancing makes Venom look bad ass. I was really disappointed in this movie when I watched it. I hate Superman movies, and this movie moved into Superman company for me.
  52. Nov 28, 2012
    A film you really wish possessed as good of a second half as it did a first half. Spider-Man 3 almost crashes and burns.
  53. Feb 12, 2013
    I wish I had never seen it. The plot was so contrived and the length longer without offering anything of worth. It's like they knew this was the last one in the series and they had to use all the villains. With nothing to offer, they even tried to make us concerned that this might be the end of Spidey, but it looked so sappy I wanted him to die and be done with. There were a few good scenes when Spidey turns dark, but nothing can really redeem this piece of garbage. Expand
  54. Jan 17, 2013
    I expected more action. The two other movies are great.
  55. Jul 1, 2013
    All three Spider-Man films are very good, but this is my least favourite of the three. Having said that it's still a very good movie and a lot of the lose ends were tied up, as well as learning more about things from the first film in particular. The whole 'Peter turns Emo' was a little odd, and I don't think the villains were as strong as the first two films villains, so thats the lows, but being a Spider-Man there is always going to be a lot of good and I still thoroughly enjoyed watching it! Expand
  56. Jul 15, 2013
    Se daño un poco la saga sin embargo tiene su encanto de Hombre araña que demuestra en la primera y segunda parte, De un modo Peter Parker saca su lado oscuro de una forma no muy chevere tal vez al ponerle mas accion se perdio el hombre araña que habia antes
  57. Aug 9, 2013
    Esta pelicula de Spiderman me gusto, no tanto, pero me gusto, la vi diferente a las otras peliculas de la trilogia, tuvo una accion medio absurda y malos efectos visuales, pero igual la pelicula me gusto.
  58. May 31, 2013
    I was in third grade when this movie came out and I absolutely loved it. But as I grew older I realized that I didn't like Venom in this movie. There just wasn't enough of him in this movie and I could tell Sam Raimi didn't try to make him as cool as he is in the comics. I also wish they had left Sandman out of this film. Overall, it was a decent film.
  59. Aug 5, 2013
    The film plummets from the success of the masterpiece its predecessor was, but Spider-Man 3 still manages to entertain with humor and an emotional story, even if it had a bloated running time and lacked the memorability of Spider-Man 2.
  60. Sep 20, 2013
    Damn. For the first two movies, the premise was fresh, exciting, never lagged, and was just so fun to watch. So, what happened in the third movie? It got a little dull, and included more drama, less action. Something big happens at the end which I won't spoil, and I swear by everything that is holy that no one wanted this event to happen.
  61. Dec 2, 2013
    This film tried to hard to be everything all at once. Much like X-Men: The Last Stand, there are too many characters and not enough time to fully develop them. I was happy for the inclusion of Venom as a villain, but as he was a secondary character, he wasn't as fun or interesting as he should have been.
  62. Nov 13, 2013
    Spider-Man 3 gets exterminated.
    The film begins sound until trying to do too much all at once. The first mistake is attempting to introduce two new villains along with an already iconic one, and it completely collapses when Peter Parker nearly becomes a villain himself. The movie gets lost and doesn't find its way back home.
  63. Apr 13, 2014
    I will always love Spider-Man, he was the first childhood superhero that I loved and grew up with. When I watched Spider-Man 3 the first time on DVD, I thought it was a great movie and the best of the trilogy. I even thought it was the best movie ever. (Keep in mind I was a kid, like 8 or 9 years old.) Then later on when I heard that people said that it had too many villains and too many subplots, I thought they were crazy. Then, I re-watched it a year or two later and saw it as a well-experienced movie viewer.

The reason why Spider-Man 3 wasn't the best it could have been was because, in my opinion, it didn't take itself seriously and felt a bit silly. (Emo-Peter Parker and him dancing all over NY with his stupid hair style? The effects of the black symbiote made him a "finger-snapping hipster" at worst, nothing else. Oh my god, those scenes for me ruined the movie more than the villains. Everytime I rewatch the movie, I skip those scenes. Really, what were they thinking?) The movie didn't feel too overwhelming or overstuffed to me...or maybe it was. I think most of the characters could've been expanded upon and developed better and fleshed out more (Venom/Eddie Brock, The New Green Goblin/Harry, Peter Parker, Mary Jane, Aunt May, etc).
    The visual effects, in some scenes, withstood the test of time better than the previous films. In other scenes though, the CGI felt a bit sloppy and crude (Venom and the symbiote and Harry and his glider). The music and soundtrack feel dramatic and iconic, throughout the whole movie it just adds to the experience. "The Birth of Sandman" scene was one of my favorite scenes from the film. It also combines the best of the film's music and CGI. Venom, the most complained about villain, wasn't too bad but his character development was rushed. Venom, with his rich story/background and the loads of good source material, should have been better. Topher Grace didn't look as muscular or evil or charismatic (depending on which iteration/version) as he should've been. Harry and Sandman were both fine though. Sandman was really great.

Spider-Man 3 was too rushed. Sam Raimi didn't want to include Venom and Gwen Stacy, that was the idea of Avi Arad and the executives at Sony/Columbia. The production, the crew, and the director were rushed and that affected the overall product. Spider-Man 3 could've been the best Spider-Man movie of the Sam Raimi trilogy, maybe the best of both trilogies, but it just messed up. I wonder what would've happened if Sam Raimi didn't listen to everyone suggesting ideas; maybe things would've turned out better. What would've happened if we had a Spider-Man 4? 5? 6?

Many people compare The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to Spider-Man 3, but the only similarity is that they each have three villains. Spider-Man 3 had Eddie Brock, who became villain at the last part of the film, and Harry Osborn, who became a hero at the last part of the film. And Sandman just leaves, and tells Spider-Man he's sorry. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has Rhino, who only a villain for 10-15 minutes. It also has Harry Osborn (again?) and Electro. Both of the latter are added in nicely and not squeezed in.

Many of the reviews for this movie have two extremes: really good and really bad. Spider-Man is neither, it's OK. The conclusion of the trilogy should have been better, but I'm satisfied enough with what we got. The truth is that if I sound too negative about this movie, that's because I'm trying to explain my opinion on the good and bad parts of this film, like every other film I review on Metacritic.

If you want to read more of my in-depth reviews about movies and TV shows, please click on my name or on "All this user's reviews". Please read them and like them, I'd appreciate it. I put real effort into these reviews.

Remember, every vote counts!
  64. Jan 11, 2014
    I enjoy this movie, but it does have it's problems.

The acting is good, the direction is good, the story is paced well and the action scenes are well done. I really do enjoy Harry as the goblin in my opinion as it creates a lot of tension between Peter and Harry as they are (or were) best friends. Peter and MJ finally have a romance, unlike the previous Spider Man movies and Jameson is
    always funny. The visuals are also great.

However, the story has so many plot points that it becomes convoluted and all of them could have been their own movie. You have the Sandman being the killer of Uncle Ben, the new goblin and his conflict with Peter and the Symbiote which creates Emo Peter, Peter breaking up with MJ, and Venom. Emo Peter was just unneeded and poorly done, instead of showing conflict with the symbiote, he appears to have a good time until he punches MJ and realized what he has done.

Venom was completely underutilized. When he showed up, he looked great, but the vast majority of the time he spoke, he was unmasked. Why? He looked great, why do we need to see Grace's face instead of VENOM? He is so far Spider Man's most anticipated villain to make an appearance on the big screen and when we got it, it was for 10 minutes. Disappointing.

Even though it's the weakest Spider Man movie, i enjoy watching Spider Man 3. I feel like it's a well made movie as it has good things like the acting, direction, action sequences and the visuals. However, because of having too many villains, the plot was convoluted and ALL of them could have made their own movie.
  65. Apr 20, 2014
    I don't know why critics and people are so mean with it because it's my favourite spider-man movie by far.There is more action and more characters there is an awesome plot but i agreed with the fact that in this movie the acting was pretty bad.I recommend it to everybody who likes superhero/action movies

1. The wow factor works overtime with state-of-the-art effects sequences that often are as beautiful as they are astonishing.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A sense of strain envelops the proceedings this time around. One can feel the effort required to suit up one more time, come up with fresh variations on a winning formula and inject urgency into a format that basically needs to be repeated and, due to audience expectations, can't be toyed with or deepened very much.
    Overly long and complicated, it's packed with crowd-pleasing moments and satisfactorily wraps up the trilogy - without quite capturing the magic of the first two installments.