6.2

1. Oct 7, 2010
    To be honest, I didn't what was so bad about this movie! I've heard complaints about Venom, too many villains, etc. Well, whatever! I don't care for any of that! As long as I'm entertained, that's all that matters for me!
  2. May 31, 2012
    Spider-man 3 was an epic superhero adventure. Everyone will love this movie. With intense violence, a great plot, and Marvel's coolest superhero, you can't help but like Spider-man 3.
  3. NathanC.
    May 5, 2007
    A very interesting movie. This movie kept me on my toes, was touching, and was hillarious. From a film critic's point of view, it was okay. But the fact that it kept me roaring, laughing throughout, as well as showing its gripping poignancy shows that it is a brilliant underrated film of the DECADE!!! Also, Tobey Maguire was brilliant when he started to go bad, because it shows that A very interesting movie. This movie kept me on my toes, was touching, and was hillarious. From a film critic's point of view, it was okay. But the fact that it kept me roaring, laughing throughout, as well as showing its gripping poignancy shows that it is a brilliant underrated film of the DECADE!!! Also, Tobey Maguire was brilliant when he started to go bad, because it shows that people should take on moral responsibility and shouldn't hold grudges. Expand
  4. Aug 28, 2012
    best one in the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May 5, 2007
    The goo also sticks to Peter, but scale back on your expectations for a dark side. If you want to see a truly malevolent Maguire grab the DVD of The Good German in which he forces Cate Blanchett into rough anal sex and then punches her out. The worst the goo does to Peter is turn him into a finger-snapping hipster recalling the Buddy Love character in The Nutty Professor (both the JerryThe goo also sticks to Peter, but scale back on your expectations for a dark side. If you want to see a truly malevolent Maguire grab the DVD of The Good German in which he forces Cate Blanchett into rough anal sex and then punches her out. The worst the goo does to Peter is turn him into a finger-snapping hipster recalling the Buddy Love character in The Nutty Professor (both the Jerry Lewis and Eddie Murphy versions). But Raimi knows we'll never buy Peter as a dick. So he uses the scene for comic effect -- babes laugh at his cool act -- and in the process liberates Maguire from the goody-goody goo that Peter wears like a second skin. The worst thing Peter does is use Gwen to make MJ jealous. And in a typical Raimi touch, the director finds time to show Gwen apologize to MJ for letting herself be a pawn in a man's game.

Spider-Man 3 is full of Raimi nuances. But the attack dogs are out in force. They see the film's budget (a reported $250 million) and the huge box-office take of the first two installments ($1.6 billion) as evidence that the filmmakers are in it for the money. Now there's a shock. Internet wags point out that Raimi, from a conservative Michigan family of Polish Jews, contributed $900 to Dubya's reelection campaign in 2004. What's next? Did Raimi phone in votes for Sanjaya? The third chapter in the Spidey saga (a fourth is in the planning stages) is uneven, ungainly and frayed at the edges but there's lively mischief in it still. My guess is that when the summer blockbuster season finishes pummeling us with formula, Spider-Man 3 is going to look like one of the few that was touched by human hands.
  6. JohnWashington
    May 3, 2007
    This film is a masterpiece. Just ask the critics and the IMDB fans. This division is what creates nothing short of brilliance. If you want, you can disagree with it. But no one can argue that this movie certainly is entertaining, and that it has a heart to it and is a gripping tale of bitter humanity.
  7. TylerGreene
    May 7, 2007
    I thought this movie was the best in the series. I loved every Spider Man movie and this one was my fave. I don't understand why everyone is downing it so much. I was just like the other Spider Man's. This movie had great action, great story, and great dialogue, i loved everything about this movie. It was funny but also serious. This movie pulled off everything. Easy 10.
  8. JohnSturdivant
    May 4, 2007
    this was a massive achivemant in spider-man history. it was a great film to say it was a piece of crap is a lie. now spider-man 2 was a peice of shit. now that movie was notebook + fantastic four. it is so shitty. i love this film. it was way better than 2 and a little better than 1 not that much. but ff2: rise of the silver surfer will be better. i know it. so im done. i love the film andthis was a massive achivemant in spider-man history. it was a great film to say it was a piece of crap is a lie. now spider-man 2 was a peice of shit. now that movie was notebook + fantastic four. it is so shitty. i love this film. it was way better than 2 and a little better than 1 not that much. but ff2: rise of the silver surfer will be better. i know it. so im done. i love the film and sm2 was shit. Expand
  9. ChrisVillegas
    May 5, 2007
    Best movie ever, idont know why people despyes so much this movie, the story is soo cool, and the fight scenes, why do they say that is exagerated? is spiderman, not batman, i mean, come on, its a super hero story, or did you wanted to see another superman returns version? that really sucked!! give spidey a chance.
  10. EddieB.
    May 5, 2007
    The best comedic/action flick according to date, in the year of 2007. The theme of humanity and forgiveness is beautiful. Learn to love and stop hating from within.
  11. Iamnotacritic
    May 4, 2007
    I loved this movie more than any other spider-man movie or maybe even any other comic book movie or maybe even my children. kthx go see it i like spider-man.
  12. Aug 22, 2013
    Just like the reviews for M.J's play, this film is unbelievably underrated. The characters, story and themes all come full circle in this masterpiece. I love that the film combines all the goofy and emotional themes to conclude a fantastic story with much Oscar-worthy finesse (Sandman's creation, anyone?).

One of my favourite movies and I hope The Amazing Spider-Man 2 can live up to

One of my favourite movies and I hope The Amazing Spider-Man 2 can live up to this amazing trilogy.
  13. PabloE.
    May 5, 2007
    Sandman was a brilliant and worthy character in the Spiderman movies, but all of the supervillains got shortchanged by being crammed in the allotted time slot. Still, all of them showed a human side that shows us that we as human beings can choose to be good or evil, to repent, and to do good things in our daily lives.
  14. StuC.
    Jun 6, 2007
    Had a great time at this flick! Favorite movie of the year, and my favorite Spiderman movie. The action and effects can't be beat, and much more enjoyable to me than Shrek 3 or POTC 3. This one furthers the character plotlines established in the previous 2. Great time at the movies!
  15. KirbyD.
    May 11, 2007
    This movie was excellent on all counts: story, action, effects, development, and continuity with the other 2. These low scores are atrocious, people are being way to over critical. Sit back and enjoy 2.3 hour's of top notch entertainment.
  16. EddieM.
    May 10, 2007
    First of all, the action in this movie was breathtaking, and second of all they took the comedy too far yes, but it was supposed to be funny, Sam Raimi did a phenomanal job with this movie and it does deserve alot more credit than it actually does. Ben Brown, im the sheriff in these parts.
  17. CharlieB.
    May 23, 2007
    Hell Yeah!! Everything I want in a Spider-Man movie. Chock full of action, humor, and pathos. Is it a perfect film? Maybe not. But it is a perfect COMIC BOOK MOVIE. As Harry Osborne says to the waitress, "It's Sooo GOOOD!"
  18. CarsonK.
    May 4, 2007
    I thought that the effects were amazing and the villains were tremendous. When everything is sort of o.k. and mellow for Peter the story is a little less interesting, but this is still my favorite spiderman movie.
  19. JimD.
    May 4, 2007
    If i were to say this movie was bad...i'd be lying to myself... because it was great solid entertainment by the characters we love. ...i must admit it lost a little of it's deep edge that came from spiderman 2... much emotional impact was lost and there was some very...uh...unintentionally funny moments... ...however, i had an over-all good time. I enjoyed it... and i can't If i were to say this movie was bad...i'd be lying to myself... because it was great solid entertainment by the characters we love. ...i must admit it lost a little of it's deep edge that came from spiderman 2... much emotional impact was lost and there was some very...uh...unintentionally funny moments... ...however, i had an over-all good time. I enjoyed it... and i can't deny that fact. Expand
  20. JimboH.
    May 5, 2007
    Top flight action, good all around characters and plot.
  21. TedB.
    May 5, 2007
    This film was decent. I liked it. It wasn't too bad, it had tidbits of good humor, as well as a good cast, and action. All around good, enjoyable film.
  22. ChrisA.
    May 5, 2007
    Powerfully gripping, and touching film, and Harry Osborn was actually good in this film. Too bad the Eddie Brock character seemed inconsistent, and the plot seemed rushed. Haydn Church was great in the bit role as the down on his luck, the good-hearted but criminally Sandman, and this film was awesome. Good storyline, and buddy buddy film.
  23. AMovieCriticYo
    May 5, 2007
    Riveting, touching, brilliant. This divisiveness is what spurs on greatness. Every great underrated action cannot go without being in question. The film delivered on its promise. It brings humanity into its superheroes, and delivers with its comedic and dramatic potential and fulfills it. It is like Arrested Development meets Superman 2. An overall superb film. Also, Harry Osborn finally Riveting, touching, brilliant. This divisiveness is what spurs on greatness. Every great underrated action cannot go without being in question. The film delivered on its promise. It brings humanity into its superheroes, and delivers with its comedic and dramatic potential and fulfills it. It is like Arrested Development meets Superman 2. An overall superb film. Also, Harry Osborn finally gets to show that he is a likeable character, and not whiny, and his part in the movie was incredible as a homicidal maniac-on and off again crazy best friend, who becomes an amnesiac, fights, and later, grows a conscience. The Green Goblin cooks, and paints. This is hillarious. Also, Venom was a dousche, but a convincing one at that. Lay off, haters. Expand
  24. TomW.
    May 5, 2007
    This movie may have had alot more cheesy lines than the first two, but it's still an epic Spidey adventure like them also. I can tell many of these people commenting obviously did not watch or understand the movie. It was hinted throughout the entire movie that Flint was a good person. He didn't suddenly become good in the end. Talor P. obviously has to go back and watch the This movie may have had alot more cheesy lines than the first two, but it's still an epic Spidey adventure like them also. I can tell many of these people commenting obviously did not watch or understand the movie. It was hinted throughout the entire movie that Flint was a good person. He didn't suddenly become good in the end. Talor P. obviously has to go back and watch the movie again. Expand
  25. MattW.
    May 6, 2007
    I liked it. As a stand alone movie, its great. Its funny, action packed, and a lot better than most super hero movies.
  26. LeeH.
    May 6, 2007
    A fantastic movie suffering from inevitable hype and high expectations. Yes it crams a lot in the time it has, but how many other movies could still do it as well as it does? Not perfect but lots of fun, bringing three villians (or are they?) into the mix as well as the romance and laughs. If this were the last in the series I would be far from disappointed - everything is concluded well A fantastic movie suffering from inevitable hype and high expectations. Yes it crams a lot in the time it has, but how many other movies could still do it as well as it does? Not perfect but lots of fun, bringing three villians (or are they?) into the mix as well as the romance and laughs. If this were the last in the series I would be far from disappointed - everything is concluded well given how much it has to do. Thank you Marvel, thank you Sony, thank you Sam! Expand
  27. Rick
    May 7, 2007
    Funny, amazing, incredible, goofy, all around great movie. The thing I like about the Spiderman movies is the villians. In all three movies the villian is not just evil to be evil but a person who has taken a few wrong turns. [***SPOILER***] Green Goblin had this moment of good at the end same for the Doc is Spiderman 2 and continued with Harry and Sandman in 3. Nothing is as simple as Funny, amazing, incredible, goofy, all around great movie. The thing I like about the Spiderman movies is the villians. In all three movies the villian is not just evil to be evil but a person who has taken a few wrong turns. [***SPOILER***] Green Goblin had this moment of good at the end same for the Doc is Spiderman 2 and continued with Harry and Sandman in 3. Nothing is as simple as good and evil especially when dealing with people. Expand
  28. KairiS.
    May 7, 2007
    Great flick. Good pacing. Just enough mix of humor, action, and fun. 2 thumbs up.
  29. JohnM.
    Dec 4, 2007
    So sue me, I loved it! Action-packed and full of fun. That's what I look for in a movie.
  30. DavidC.
    Oct 24, 2007
    Excellent dazzling a 4 star opera.
  31. PaulI.
    May 23, 2007
    Spider-Man is back! And in black? Anyways, this movie is extremely enjoyable with memorable villains, battle scenes and drama. But the movie, just like any other movie, has its downsides.
  32. MatthewK.
    May 4, 2007
    Actually i'd give it an 8.5 but whatever. this film was flawed, yes. but was by no means a bad movie, i have seen bad movies (fantastic 4, x-men: laststand, daredevil) and this is not a bad film at all. it's as good as part 1 if not a little better. not nearly as convulted as i had thought it's be. it's pacing was all wacky and wrong in the last 45 minutes but otherwiseActually i'd give it an 8.5 but whatever. this film was flawed, yes. but was by no means a bad movie, i have seen bad movies (fantastic 4, x-men: laststand, daredevil) and this is not a bad film at all. it's as good as part 1 if not a little better. not nearly as convulted as i had thought it's be. it's pacing was all wacky and wrong in the last 45 minutes but otherwise it was insanely entertaining. amazing, amazing special effects. this is pretty much the return of the jedi of the trilogy; good but still has its problems. Expand
  33. TheoC.
    May 4, 2007
    Powerfully gripping, and touching film, and Harry Osborn was actually good in this film. Too bad the Eddie Brock character seemed inconsistent, and the plot seemed rushed. Haydn Church was great in the bit role as the down on his luck, the good-hearted but criminally Sandman, and this film was awesome. Venom was great in the two halves, and as Eddie Brock, but I didn't think they Powerfully gripping, and touching film, and Harry Osborn was actually good in this film. Too bad the Eddie Brock character seemed inconsistent, and the plot seemed rushed. Haydn Church was great in the bit role as the down on his luck, the good-hearted but criminally Sandman, and this film was awesome. Venom was great in the two halves, and as Eddie Brock, but I didn't think they linked up well together. Just my opinion. Good storyline, and buddy buddy film. Expand
  34. JosephO.
    May 4, 2007
    The people who don't understand the brooding apparently didn't understand the mechanics of the material that came from the meteorite. It ENHANCES emotions/powers, so when he is in the black suit, ALL of his emotions are enhanced...
  35. MikeH.
    May 4, 2007
    this film is so much damn fun. very formulaic and cliche heavy, but when you have a budget in excess of 300 million, why the hell would you want to be edgy. almost anyone who walks into the cinema knows what they're going to get. don't expect to be challenged, just enjoy it.
  36. RonJ.
    May 5, 2007
    Clever and unconvential, this sort of film applies to independent film students, college kids, but not your average elderly crowd or for the entire family. Still it provides raucous laughter, and despite this division, it is necessary because even though it creates controversy, it is needed to show that everyday people are not one-dimensional people, and that not everything is so Clever and unconvential, this sort of film applies to independent film students, college kids, but not your average elderly crowd or for the entire family. Still it provides raucous laughter, and despite this division, it is necessary because even though it creates controversy, it is needed to show that everyday people are not one-dimensional people, and that not everything is so cut-and-dry. Their message hits this home, and this is why this film is so powerful. Collapse
  37. JohnB.
    May 5, 2007
    I went to the theater expecting to be entertained and I was. It has just as much "soul" as the others and actually pushes more boundaries than anyone could expect it to. One thing that was a little weird was Peter Parker's double chin. Oh well.
  38. MatthewM.
    May 5, 2007
    Sure its no Spider-man 1 or 2, but its nonetheless fantastic. CGI at a all time high. Acting most impressive. Definetly a must-see.
  39. LukeA.
    May 5, 2007
    This is far from perfect, but it still is a fun and exciting installment into the spider-man franchise. It has plenty of action, laughs as well as serious moments. Its campy and cheesy at times but thats because its a comic book movie. Go in wanting to have fun and not to critique every little detail.
  40. PerroD.
    May 5, 2007
    I thought the movie was great. If you go in expecting it to be as great as the first sequel then you might be a bit dissapointed. there are some solid performances from the cast especially from Thomas Haydn Church as Marko Flint and from James Franco as Harry Osborn/The New Goblin. this one is also alot funnier than the other two movies with peter parker taking on a much more emo/goofy I thought the movie was great. If you go in expecting it to be as great as the first sequel then you might be a bit dissapointed. there are some solid performances from the cast especially from Thomas Haydn Church as Marko Flint and from James Franco as Harry Osborn/The New Goblin. this one is also alot funnier than the other two movies with peter parker taking on a much more emo/goofy persona at about halfway through the movie. the effects were better this time around and even provided for a few jumps out of my seat. my only beef with this installment is that the ending was kind of awkward and somber and left much to be desired. but besides that the movie was fantastic and will probably be the best movie of the season. Expand
  41. PeterRollingO.
    May 5, 2007
    In my opinion, the 2nd Spiderman was one of the best superhero movies ever made. It had the perfect balance of character development and action, and flowed smoothly. Because of that lasting impression, I went into the 3rd one with extremely high expectations - and therein lies the problem. If you took this movie by itself, and you had never seen the first two, you might think this was an In my opinion, the 2nd Spiderman was one of the best superhero movies ever made. It had the perfect balance of character development and action, and flowed smoothly. Because of that lasting impression, I went into the 3rd one with extremely high expectations - and therein lies the problem. If you took this movie by itself, and you had never seen the first two, you might think this was an incredible flick. And it is... when you compare it to most other comic-based films. But, rather annoyingly, there is a tendency to compare entries of a franchise with each other. In terms of what could have been better about it, it's not that the film is too long (I love long movies, like Lord of the Rings and Braveheart); it's that, in the time allotted, so much is being crammed that you kind of want the filmmakers to do one of two things: (1) either make this into two separate movies, or (2) make it 3 hours long and smooth out the rough edges. It seemed that a lot was left on the cutting room floor in an attempt to keep this under 3 hours. I told the guy sitting next to me that I could have sat another 30 minutes, because the best thing about this series is that the characters are so likeable. Sure, some scenes were dragged out a bit too long (e.g. when Parker has a 'bad'-itude and is strutting his stuff), but that really didn't bother me, because those scenes were funny (this is by far the funniest of the 3 movies). Like I said, it just seemed like the editor got a little "scissors-happy" and, as a result, the film seems choppy at times. Again, this could have been made into 2 phenomenal films or been turned into a "Return of the King-ish" guilty pleasure. Regardless, it was worth my money and I would like to see it again, just to determine if my opinion about it changes after a second helping. A masterpiece it is not, but it does make for a decent superhero movie, and I hope the 4th one gets made. Expand
  42. AnonymousMC
    May 5, 2007
    It really ashame the critics are really messing this up.The film has a dark side alot like the comic. I'm so glad that this film doesn't put a warm and fuzzy in everyones heart.It's not suppose to ..A really under appreciated film..Maybe Fantastic 4 is more for the critics liking ....a really well crafted film..Nice to see the old Sam ways of story telling ..Thank you SamIt really ashame the critics are really messing this up.The film has a dark side alot like the comic. I'm so glad that this film doesn't put a warm and fuzzy in everyones heart.It's not suppose to ..A really under appreciated film..Maybe Fantastic 4 is more for the critics liking ....a really well crafted film..Nice to see the old Sam ways of story telling ..Thank you Sam Rami....... Expand
  43. LewisB.
    May 5, 2007
    Spider-Man 3 is the Lawrence Of Arabia of the superhero movies world. It is epic, sprawling, magnificent, meaningful, beautiful. Anyone who doesn't enjoy this movie must be a pretty spoilt brat or a cynical old misery. For near on three hours it envelops you in its world and makes you CARE about the characters. How's that for a special effects laden blockbuster, a movie with Spider-Man 3 is the Lawrence Of Arabia of the superhero movies world. It is epic, sprawling, magnificent, meaningful, beautiful. Anyone who doesn't enjoy this movie must be a pretty spoilt brat or a cynical old misery. For near on three hours it envelops you in its world and makes you CARE about the characters. How's that for a special effects laden blockbuster, a movie with characters that matter? The comedy works, the emotion works, the action works. Everything Raimi tries comes off. The set pieces are particularly astounding, ranging from an out of control crane to Spidey's numerous battles with the meaty villains on show. Like others, I think this is by far the best of the three (though I loved the first two as well). It's a modern-day classic, an enrapturing fantasy that exhibits all that's best in modern movie making. An experience not to be missed. Expand
  44. ChesterJ>
    May 5, 2007
    The special effects are top-notch, absolutely, but it's the amazing camera works and the beautifully interwoven story that gives Spider-Man 3 it's infallible greatness.
  45. AndrewC
    May 5, 2007
    This Movie in my opinion is the best of the trilogy, It has new exciting villians which overpower the villians of the last two installments. There are however a few moments in the movie where you wonder why Raimi twists the story. Other than that, Spider Man gives off a new personality that pleased me throughout the movie. Overall, Spider Man 3 keeps you on the edge of your seat wanting This Movie in my opinion is the best of the trilogy, It has new exciting villians which overpower the villians of the last two installments. There are however a few moments in the movie where you wonder why Raimi twists the story. Other than that, Spider Man gives off a new personality that pleased me throughout the movie. Overall, Spider Man 3 keeps you on the edge of your seat wanting more from the from the screen, and hopefuly, more installments of the series from Sam Raimi. Expand
  46. CamD.
    May 5, 2007
    Almost flawless. This was absolutely amazing and I am completely lost as to how anyone could have disliked this movie. This is pure gold. I will never forget this movie in my life, simply because the story was surprising, fun, funny, and unpredictable, as well as the fight scenes were the best I have ever seen in any superhero movie let alone any movie. And let's not forget when Almost flawless. This was absolutely amazing and I am completely lost as to how anyone could have disliked this movie. This is pure gold. I will never forget this movie in my life, simply because the story was surprising, fun, funny, and unpredictable, as well as the fight scenes were the best I have ever seen in any superhero movie let alone any movie. And let's not forget when spider-man fights with his best friend. Have we all forgotten what these movies are about? Absolutely amazing. I paid 15 bucks for advanced tickets to IMAX, and I would have paid 30. Expand
  47. CalebC.
    May 6, 2007
    The Best of the trilogy. Its exciting, thrilling, dramatic, a bit funny, and weird. The Weird comes from things that the other spiderman movies haven't done. It takes on a different look into comic book films and its set apart from them in a tremendous way.
  48. AlisaH.
    May 6, 2007
    This movie was really good, the acting, humor, action, and the romance. It made you feel and hope this guy makes it through to the end, you go oh crap when peter says something stupid to mj or other things. The only problem I had with the movie was that Venom came in to late. Otherwise, I give kudos and wait anxiously for the next installment.
  49. NateC.
    May 6, 2007
    Better than the last two. You've got the black suit, Sandman, the New Green Goblin, Gwen Stacey, and Venom. Topher Grace as Venom was awesome. I loved it and hope it is not the last.
  50. RichardH.
    May 7, 2007
    Honestly, a lot of people just didn't get this movie, the fact of the matter is, the first two spiderman films came out of nowhere, no one thought they would be good, and they blew everyone away because there was so little expectation, now that this film had so much hype everyone is suddenly hyper critical of it. The nay sayers can shove off quite frankly, this is a clever, funny, Honestly, a lot of people just didn't get this movie, the fact of the matter is, the first two spiderman films came out of nowhere, no one thought they would be good, and they blew everyone away because there was so little expectation, now that this film had so much hype everyone is suddenly hyper critical of it. The nay sayers can shove off quite frankly, this is a clever, funny, action packed, all round excellent film. It shocks me that people are picking holes in the funny parts of the film for being too cheesy, when that's exactly what they were supposed to be. Honestly, too many morons went out to see this film because of the hype, and that's the only reason a lot of the reviews have been poor. Because the film is anything but. Expand
  51. MostafaF.
    May 7, 2007
    I saw the movie, and I really think it deserves a 9 out of 10. Even though there are scenes not included in the movie (included in the trailers only and other scenes would have been better if included). Ultimatley, this is the best movie in its trilogy, in terms of its story,effects,acting and the amount of effort and heart that has been put to this movie (two and half years in the I saw the movie, and I really think it deserves a 9 out of 10. Even though there are scenes not included in the movie (included in the trailers only and other scenes would have been better if included). Ultimatley, this is the best movie in its trilogy, in terms of its story,effects,acting and the amount of effort and heart that has been put to this movie (two and half years in the making). I really hope that it gets Academy Awards in Effects (Visual and Sound), Editing. For people who haven't seen the movie yet, I highly recomend it and thank you for the readers for your time to read this, I appreciate it. Expand
  52. JosephA.
    May 7, 2007
    Superb. This movie does a fantastic job of blowing you away with amazing action, giving you a good laugh, and touching your heart all @ the same time. It was an excellent finish that beautifully satisfies the story that started in the first film by bringing Peter full circle. I can't for the life off me understand why anyone is complaining or putting the movie down, seriously. It was Superb. This movie does a fantastic job of blowing you away with amazing action, giving you a good laugh, and touching your heart all @ the same time. It was an excellent finish that beautifully satisfies the story that started in the first film by bringing Peter full circle. I can't for the life off me understand why anyone is complaining or putting the movie down, seriously. It was brilliiant. I'm so glad they didnt mess this up. A perfect trilogy with possibility for amendment. It's definitely my favorite of the 3. Definitely see it!! Expand
  53. Ryan"TheMan"K.
    May 8, 2007
    Though not as superior as it's predecessor "SPIDER-MAN 2" and while it's definitely (in my opinion) better than "SPIDER-MAN", this third installment is exciting, suspenseful and dazzling with more villains, better special F.X and some fresh elements. I enjoyed it alot and it should be viewed by many fans of the series!!!
  54. KristofJ.
    Jun 12, 2007
    I'm an action junkie, and this movie was made for moviegoers like me! I was looking forward to Venom to hit the silver screen, and was not disappointed. But I was surprised that my favorite character was actually Sandman. The effects on him were amazing! Oscar-worthy. Definitely worth my $10 bucks. I'm getting this on dvd for sure!
  55. ScottM.
    Jun 2, 2007
    Totally more interesting, action-packed and dazzling than the first two, but as a drama is where it doesn't work greatly. Spider-Man 3 may have a mild issue with an identity crisis where it tries to be scary and/or funny, but it's a blockbuster worth catching!
  56. GrantD.
    Jun 3, 2007
    It's a great movie. I give it a 10 because it teaches forgiveness and it has Venom in it!
  57. GrayceC.
    Jun 9, 2007
    FUN!!! That's what this movie is. There are funny moments, touching moments, and lots and lots of action. It's a total blast. I loved it!
  58. AshleyM.
    Mar 30, 2008
    This movie was artistically amazing and had a lot of great aspects!!!
  59. GiovanaC.
    May 11, 2007
    It is a great movie with a lot of action and creates a lot of different emotions by it's development. The perfect closing for the sequel and is going to be on the top 3 of the blockbusters of this summer. A good movie if you watch it with a positive attitude.
  60. MarkC.
    May 11, 2007
    Great movie , but they just dont make comic movies like they used to. No real artistic creativity. Tim Burton should create more of them. He almost did Superman returns and it was gonna be great, but he then turned it down for some reason.
  61. RichS.
    May 12, 2007
    I liked it. It was fast paced, but easy to keep up with. Character development was pretty good but could have been much better with some of the new characters to get people who don't already know them up to speed. It's definitely different than the first two movies in terms of style but still very good.
  62. LouisH.
    May 13, 2007
    I couldn't help but notice that the countless reviews for this movie had a lot of variety. My vote may not make much of a splash in the review puddle, but I though this movie was FANTASTIC!!!. My favorite part is when he is king of the streets. I laughed so hard that I cried. You'll probably love that scene too. Watch this movie!
  63. BobL.
    May 13, 2007
    Best Spiderman movie ever, was a bit distracting with multiple storylines but it did break opening day and week records so its not that bad i'm sure if a 4th one were to come itd be even better.
  64. Kathy,KarlandBearL.
    May 13, 2007
    A very satisfying development of the Spider Man character overall, despite the jaded critiques of the ADD critics. Sandman's turmoil worked as a reflection of Spidernan's angst, and brought into light the factor of fate and how much one has control over ones destiny. I really enjoyed this movie.
  65. SubM.
    May 13, 2007
    A great Movie with non stop action, excitement and thrills the 3 villans tied into the story and theme of revenge, betrayl and the dark side of someones character very well a huge impovement over the second film.
  66. PaulF.
    May 16, 2007
    Spider Man 3 despite what some critics have said is a good film. Sure it had its problems, mainly the length of the film and a bit too many subplots. I felt Spider Man 2 was the best of the three in terms of overall composition. It was like a really good piece of rockin candy keeping you hummin till its last scrumptious crunch. Spidy 3 however was more the soul of the series. I think this Spider Man 3 despite what some critics have said is a good film. Sure it had its problems, mainly the length of the film and a bit too many subplots. I felt Spider Man 2 was the best of the three in terms of overall composition. It was like a really good piece of rockin candy keeping you hummin till its last scrumptious crunch. Spidy 3 however was more the soul of the series. I think this is most important in an era of movies which overloads us with vanilla. You really got a sense of Peter's sensitivities, his hurts, loves, and the dark parts of his soul, mainly his quest for revenge that only only manifest against his uncles killer but also a perceived unrequited love. I'm happy they have made this film and do not think it was a mistake, nor a sell out riding on the coattails of the previous two. I believe in the years to come this film will be see as the most artistic of the 3 and become somewhat of a cult classic. Expand
  67. LouisS.
    May 24, 2007
    KOOOOOLLLL!!!!!!!!!!
  68. BenR.
    May 28, 2007
    I'm not overly picky when it comes to films like this, as long as it has a good storyline, good action and special effects and some humour, ok, so there were a few things in the film that could have been improved, but there were scenes like black suited spiderman fighting sandman in the subway that made this a pretty good film, what happened to going to the cinema to just have fun, I I'm not overly picky when it comes to films like this, as long as it has a good storyline, good action and special effects and some humour, ok, so there were a few things in the film that could have been improved, but there were scenes like black suited spiderman fighting sandman in the subway that made this a pretty good film, what happened to going to the cinema to just have fun, I think some people take things too seriously. Expand
  69. LewisB.
    May 3, 2007
  70. Spiderman
    May 4, 2007
    is awesome ... hey is a movie fantasy, is not for the oscar is for take a break...
  71. SeanP.
    May 4, 2007
    Blew me away, into the screen! Wow a heart catcher.
  72. JamesP.
    May 5, 2007
    Obviously those who are reviewing this movie have never read the books they are based on. Spider-Man 3 was far superior to the clich'e events that took place in Spider-Man 2. The execution of 3 was perfect. It was well paced and the characters were all very well defined. I'm sure it was no easy task fitting 40 years of comic book history into three, two and a half hour movies, Obviously those who are reviewing this movie have never read the books they are based on. Spider-Man 3 was far superior to the clich'e events that took place in Spider-Man 2. The execution of 3 was perfect. It was well paced and the characters were all very well defined. I'm sure it was no easy task fitting 40 years of comic book history into three, two and a half hour movies, but Raimi pulls it off with precision. The movie touched on many emotions. The only flaw I found with this movie was in Venom's character. A. Venom has razor webbing. B. Speaks of himself as "We' as apposed to "I". C. No hinting to the creation of the character "Carnage". Expand
  73. DougG.
    May 5, 2007
    Awesome movie with a great message that more young people need to learn!
  74. PammieB.
    May 5, 2007
    Absolutly amazing movie. pure masterpiece. great suspence, many turns, and a very unexpected ending. DONT MISS!!!
  75. JaredB.
    May 5, 2007
    I just saw this film last night. At first, I really didn't know what I was in for. By the end of the movie, I was glad I chose to go. Aside from a corny and convoluted love story, this was the best of the trilogy. And, I didn't think they could do any better than they did with spiderman 2. I loved it!!!!!
  76. AMovieCritic
    May 5, 2007
    Once again, I'm going to have to disagree with the critics on this one. This movie was better than the 1st one, and it completely BLOWS AWAY the tear-filled, slow paced 2nd installment. This movie re-captures the feel of the first Spider-Man and mixes it with the improved effects from Spider-Man 2 (and really tops those as well) to create a nearly perfect Spider-Man movie. Best Once again, I'm going to have to disagree with the critics on this one. This movie was better than the 1st one, and it completely BLOWS AWAY the tear-filled, slow paced 2nd installment. This movie re-captures the feel of the first Spider-Man and mixes it with the improved effects from Spider-Man 2 (and really tops those as well) to create a nearly perfect Spider-Man movie. Best superhero movie I've ever seen. I was really into it. And after spending the entire 2nd movie sulking and lacking any redeeming qualities, Harry really is brought back in the 3rd movie as a very likable character. The scenes involving him and Peter are where the movie's at its best. Then there's the dark Spider-Man, also really high point of the movie, and there's the awesome Venom.... There's just too much great stuff to count. It does seem a little convoluted at first but it eventually evens itself out and ends up creating a very fun, action-packed movie that definitely outdoes the first 2 in almost every way imaginable. Definitely worth seeing. Would have been a perfect 10 if the script was edited...just slightly. Please keep superhero movies at under 2 hours, guys.... Expand
  77. SegioC.
    May 5, 2007
    Really cool, action, history, good effects.
  78. Matt
    May 6, 2007
    Ok...maybe it doesn't deserve a 10... but it definately DOESNT DESERVE A ZERO! ... we love the characters...and this is a great continuation of the story. ...to call it bad is just Sour Grapes over the depth of the last one. ...the thing that pissed me off is the Stan Lee cameo, and some far fetched things. Still a must see.
  79. Bigpapasteve
    May 6, 2007
    I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, thus the nine. I liked the fact that it had three villains, but I thought sand-man and harry should've died the first time, that way, he could focus on venom. In my opinion, it was right up there with the other two. I actually enjoyed emo peter. It was pretty funny stuff. In the end, you really should go and see what you think. I can sit I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, thus the nine. I liked the fact that it had three villains, but I thought sand-man and harry should've died the first time, that way, he could focus on venom. In my opinion, it was right up there with the other two. I actually enjoyed emo peter. It was pretty funny stuff. In the end, you really should go and see what you think. I can sit here and tell you about it, but you should go out and make your opinion. (you need the exercise anyway) It's at least worth a rent when it comes out on dvd. Expand
  80. JohnnyS.
    May 7, 2007
    Amazing Movie! Compelling story, great battle scenes, tight villians. i believe its the best of the series. the only problem is that there are a few too many emotional love scenes or sad battle scenes.
  81. ToddS.
    May 7, 2007
    Enjoyable, intriguing, great mix of effects and emotion.
  82. AnonymousMC
    May 9, 2007
    Holy crap! You guys take this movie too seriously. It's a blast. Unless your one of those creepy guys who have seen every movie known to man and try to show their intellect by b*tching about how superhero movies A: are slightly different than the comics or B: are too much like the comics, you'll like this. The first sandman scene is the most beautiful special effects I'veHoly crap! You guys take this movie too seriously. It's a blast. Unless your one of those creepy guys who have seen every movie known to man and try to show their intellect by b*tching about how superhero movies A: are slightly different than the comics or B: are too much like the comics, you'll like this. The first sandman scene is the most beautiful special effects I've ever seen by the way. Expand
  83. Sam
    May 9, 2007
    Gorgeous, spectacular, and almost unbearably great, I loved every minute of it (save for the bridge scene).
  84. ThomasE.
    Jul 10, 2007
    Finally got around to seeing this in IMAX. Sweeet! Great graphics, lots of humor, intense action, great summer flick! Loved it!
  85. AllisonS.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Great movie! If you didn't see it in theaters (which is pretty silly of you), rent it as soon as it comes out on DVD.
  86. Yourmother
    Aug 18, 2007
    This movie was, by far the best spider man I've ever seen.
  87. SujanS.
    Aug 25, 2007
    this was the best movie i ever watched. it has everything from action to comedy. plus the graphics are better than ever, so is the fighting it is fast and intense, and the story line for the movie follows the comic amazing spider man very well. not to mention that the black suit looks much better than it was originally depicted.
  88. AndyA.
    What
  89. BarryC.
    May 13, 2007
    Almost perfect. The way they display Spidey's agility is the way I saw him in my mind while reading the comics. The audience at my theatre applauded when the Movie was finished. We all wanted more. I can't wait until the next ISSUE!!!! Bring on Namor, Thor, StarLord....I wanna see them all!!
  90. ZinoD.
    May 13, 2007
    Has all the elements I liked from the first two Spiderman films, but also had a great script with forgiveness as its theme. If you're just into this for the effects, they're still good... but it's great to have something deeper to keep my attention when all that web-stuff just starts to take over. I loved the scenes with Parker under the influence of the dark suit, like his Has all the elements I liked from the first two Spiderman films, but also had a great script with forgiveness as its theme. If you're just into this for the effects, they're still good... but it's great to have something deeper to keep my attention when all that web-stuff just starts to take over. I loved the scenes with Parker under the influence of the dark suit, like his musical number in MJ's bar, his tantrum with the landlord, and his pimp moves stylin down broadway or 5th Ave or whatever. The pans that don't think this movie's perky enough just aren't able to string words together. The photojournalist that becomes a monster isn't a riot? The sand guy just trying to protect his little girl isn't a great metaphor for all the mistakes a father makes? These tinhorn critics just ain't gettin it. Expand
  91. IsaacG.
    May 16, 2007
    This movie was awesome. I know many people are griping because Venom died, and it didn't follow the story exactly, however, none of the other movies did. Not to mention, Spider-man 2.. we all know if Spider-man had managed to hit Doc-Ock in the comic it would knock him out.. the difficulty with hitting him stemmed from his extra arms. No one had a problem with this, but they had This movie was awesome. I know many people are griping because Venom died, and it didn't follow the story exactly, however, none of the other movies did. Not to mention, Spider-man 2.. we all know if Spider-man had managed to hit Doc-Ock in the comic it would knock him out.. the difficulty with hitting him stemmed from his extra arms. No one had a problem with this, but they had problems with Venom and Sandman? For what it was, it was done well. Expand
  92. GeorgeA.
    May 25, 2007
    Best movie of the year. Action-packed, but with characters you care about. Nice capper to the trilogy. Now bring on 4!!!
  93. Chaz
    May 26, 2007
    Doesn't disappoint! Packed with humor, action and fun.
  94. PeterP.
    Aug 27, 2009
    Hey, Christopher P. (below) get a grip man, it was a comic book movie!! If you want reality, go watch a documentary! This movie was entertaining and fun to watch. Venom deserved his own movie though! Keep making em' big Raimi and I can't wait for part 4 starring Carnage and Reptile!!
  95. JamesF.
    Nov 22, 2007
    How's the Spider-Man 3? Soo good.
  96. Feb 22, 2012
    It's awesome if your 12 or if you can relive those days. At that age you just pay attention to how awesome the film is and it really is. The action scenes and special effects are awesome.
  97. Dec 8, 2013
    I have watch this spidey movie more 10 times, but the film is still not boring, this is spidey series movies the best. I love it, all acting, effect, music is great. If i can Give Score Spiderman Movie 1 Get 8.5, Spiderman Movie 2 Get 9, And Spiderman 3 Get 10 (Perfecto). Sam Raimi is The Best Director Movie Superhero
  98. Jun 23, 2014
    This movie receives too much hate for what it is. It is my favorite of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy (yes I liked it better than 2) It has the best dialogue out of all of them in which Maguire no longer is contented with a blank stare, and in my opinion has the most relatable and interesting villain of them all, the Sandman. His birth and eventual redemption are some of the mostThis movie receives too much hate for what it is. It is my favorite of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy (yes I liked it better than 2) It has the best dialogue out of all of them in which Maguire no longer is contented with a blank stare, and in my opinion has the most relatable and interesting villain of them all, the Sandman. His birth and eventual redemption are some of the most powerful I have ever seen in a movie. It has a huge array of memorable moments, and for one reason or another, I rather like the dance scene. Its well choreographed, is full of very energetic performances, but I can definitely understand why people were disgusted by that scene. But in the end, is it really enough to bring the entire movie down to unwatchable status? No, this movie is an incredible experience for any Spidey fan, just be ready for a cringe fest when emo-Peter begins showing his moves. Expand
  99. Nov 9, 2014
    Spider-Man 3 è stato un film fantastico,magari non spettacolare come i primi due capitoli,ma un ottimo film.Un film fantastico,con la presenza di tre dei miei cattivi preferiti: Harry Osborn alias New Goblin,Flint Marko alias Uomo Sabbia e Eddie Brock alias Venom.Si vede anche Spider-Man con il costume nero che è stata un'idea utilizzata molto bene nel film.Un film che a molti non èSpider-Man 3 è stato un film fantastico,magari non spettacolare come i primi due capitoli,ma un ottimo film.Un film fantastico,con la presenza di tre dei miei cattivi preferiti: Harry Osborn alias New Goblin,Flint Marko alias Uomo Sabbia e Eddie Brock alias Venom.Si vede anche Spider-Man con il costume nero che è stata un'idea utilizzata molto bene nel film.Un film che a molti non è piaciuto ma che io personalmente reputo un film stupendo. Expand

1. The wow factor works overtime with state-of-the-art effects sequences that often are as beautiful as they are astonishing.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A sense of strain envelops the proceedings this time around. One can feel the effort required to suit up one more time, come up with fresh variations on a winning formula and inject urgency into a format that basically needs to be repeated and, due to audience expectations, can't be toyed with or deepened very much.
    Overly long and complicated, it's packed with crowd-pleasing moments and satisfactorily wraps up the trilogy - without quite capturing the magic of the first two installments.