6.2

1. May 17, 2015
    The film is good, but not to compare with the last two, the film has plenty of action, but has some script failures, and the relationship between Mary Jane and Peter Parker was not so good, the film has some villains and none of them was very interesting.
  2. May 17, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It has its faults, sure but overall I felt that Spider-Man 3 was a pretty good movie. While the movie would have to extend its length to about 4 hours to fill the plot holes and goofs, I still felt it held up nicely. Peter Parker has finally managed to piece together the once-broken parts of his life, maintaining a balance between his relationship with Mary-Jane and his responsibility as Spider-Man. But more challenges arise for our young hero. Peter's old friend Harry Obsourne has set out for revenge against Peter; taking up the mantle of his late father's persona as The New Goblin, and Peter must also capture Uncle Ben's real killer, Flint Marko, who has been transformed into his toughest foe yet, the Sandman. All hope seems lost when suddenly Peter's suit turns jet-black and greatly amplifies his powers. But it also begins to greatly amplify the much darker qualities of Peter's personality that he begins to lose himself as well. Like i said, overall not a bad movie. Certainly not the "franchise killer" it was made out to be. The only main problem I had was with movie was the treatment of Venom and the plot seems to be all over the place at times. Venom is one of Spider-man's greatest foes, yet hes pushed to only being on screen for barely 10 minutes during the last half hour of the film and easily defeated by a bunch of pipes and a goblin bomb. Expand
  3. May 2, 2015
    I dont hate this movie as much as most but it was a huge let down. It had so much potential to be one of the greatest movies! but its a shame it turned out how it did, still with having things to love
  4. Apr 22, 2015
    The Spider-Man series, which debuted in 2002 and continued in 2004 and 2007, represents the first superhero cycle to complete a trilogy with the same primary cast and production team it had at the beginning. If nothing else, that assures viewers of a certain degree of continuity. However, while it could be argued that Spider-Man 2 had too little plot for its substantial running length, theThe Spider-Man series, which debuted in 2002 and continued in 2004 and 2007, represents the first superhero cycle to complete a trilogy with the same primary cast and production team it had at the beginning. If nothing else, that assures viewers of a certain degree of continuity. However, while it could be argued that Spider-Man 2 had too little plot for its substantial running length, the opposite could be said of Spider-Man 3. It's really two movies crammed into one, the first of which is a lot better than the second. Spider-Man 3 starts out strong but before it finishes, many viewers will desperately wish it had called it quits an hour earlier.

One has to consider that the film's problems - and they are numerous - may be the product of the franchise's runaway popularity. In each of the first two films, director Sam Raimi was careful to limit the villain count to one (unless one counts Daily Bugle editor J. Jonah Jameson, brilliantly played by J.K. Simmons). Here, it triples, and the focus on the bad guys limits the amount of time we have for the soap opera that is Peter Parker's life. Expectations for this movie were sky-high and one wonders whether the pressure to fulfill them caused the director to overreach his grasp and miss the point that bigger and louder do not always equate to better.

The film's setup is effective and feels like a continuation of the previous Spider-Man stories. The most kinetic action scene is the first one, as Harry and Peter tussle through the streets of New York. Although Sandman's introduction is lame, Thomas Haden Church plays the character so movingly that might have been possible to ignore this plot device if it was the only weak one in the movie (which it isn't). The most glaring stumbling block is Venom. He's one bad guy too many. Not only is the creature poorly realized but its introduction into the story causes everything to be crowded, rushed, and overlong. Spider-Man 3 feels like it should end around the 1:40 mark, but like the Energizer Bunny on a rampage, it keeps going.

The climactic battle is a disaster. It's not exciting and it requires two contrivances too excruciating to ignore (one involves a butler that would make Alfred look dumb; the other involves Sandman's eventual fate). It's unforgivable that the film's last action scene should be so vastly inferior to the first one. The special effects aren't even all that impressive. There are several instances in which it's all-too-obvious that Spider-Man and his nemeses are computer generated. This is sloppier than anything in either Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2.

There are also unnecessary characters. I guess Gwen Stacy (Bryce Dallas Howard) has been added as a nod to comic book fans, but she serves no purpose other than to make us wonder whether Mary Jane is still an interesting character. Her father (James Cromwell) is equally underused. Bruce Campbell gets a nice extended cameo, but why do his scenes seem like Monty Python outtakes? And, as I have already mentioned, everything about Venom is a mistake. At the very least this villain deserved its own movie rather than being awkwardly shoehorned into a film that starts out being about Peter, Harry, and Sandman.

Audience reaction to the film at the midnight opening screening was negative, bordering on hostile, meaning that the core group of fans did not like what they were seeing. It's easy to understand their displeasure. Compared to the other two movies in the series, this one is a misfire. It's for completists only, and even they are likely to feel let down. Spider-Man and the first sequel were breezy adventures - easy and fun to sit through. Spider-Man 3 is a chore. The effective moments require a lot patience to uncover and some of what has to be shifted to get to them is not worth the effort. People love trilogies because it's said that good things come in threes, but this series would have looked better and felt more satisfying had the filmmakers stopped at two.
  5. Mar 13, 2015
    Compared to the first two movies, this one had a different feel. It seemed like the actors, at some points, were working the lines just a little too much. Over the top, If I may.

Despite some of the cliche lines, I did love the portrayal of the internal battle of good vs. evil. The internal struggle is something we can all relate to and it was neat to see a superhero have some common struggles.
  6. Feb 1, 2015
    No, this is not a bad movie. Just a little inferior, that's all. And no, it's not the worst Spider-Man film. The big problem here was that, it tried to be the biggest film ever, and it never stood a chance. Many fans will undoubtedly be disappointed with how some characters are handled: Gwen Stacy, Eddie Brock and even Peter Parker. BUT, "Spider-Man 3" remains a visual spectacle withNo, this is not a bad movie. Just a little inferior, that's all. And no, it's not the worst Spider-Man film. The big problem here was that, it tried to be the biggest film ever, and it never stood a chance. Many fans will undoubtedly be disappointed with how some characters are handled: Gwen Stacy, Eddie Brock and even Peter Parker. BUT, "Spider-Man 3" remains a visual spectacle with entertaining scenes, an interesting but flawed plot and a few funny bits. Expand
  7. Jan 26, 2015
    [Portuguese] O jeito do Homem-Aranha agir ao entrar em contato com a simbiose foi no mínimo estranho e constrangedor até pra quem ta vendo. A Gwen Stacy totalmente modificada e o Venom magrelo misturado com mais dois vilões (não precisava de tudo isso mas ok) tornaram esse filme somente legal, e já estava na hora de acabar as sequências deste Homem-Aranha.
  8. Jan 11, 2015
    It's not as good as the first two and some scenes involving the strange goth-like Peter are particularly cringe-worthy. However, it still fits in well with the series though with a decent storyline and interesting characters.
  9. Dec 31, 2014
    Despite its overstretched plot, "Spider-Man 3" is not as bad as the audience make it out to be, for the movie still dazzles when it comes to action and CGI.
  10. Dec 17, 2014
    Wow this Spider-Man movie was so bad it ruined spider-man's name. I mean what a terrible movie. This particular Spider-Man installment is what made me turn away from spider-man. Just ruined everything i loved about my Childhood hero Spider-Man. Just hate it period.
  11. Dec 13, 2014
    In the pantheon of Spider Man movies, this one often looked as being overstuffed and inferior to the previous two. I will actually take this one over any of the new Amazing Spider Mans and even maybe the first Raimi one. Sure there is the whole rebellious Peter Parker that comes off a little forced, or the indestructible Harry Osbourne Jr., who can survive high falls at maximum speeds.In the pantheon of Spider Man movies, this one often looked as being overstuffed and inferior to the previous two. I will actually take this one over any of the new Amazing Spider Mans and even maybe the first Raimi one. Sure there is the whole rebellious Peter Parker that comes off a little forced, or the indestructible Harry Osbourne Jr., who can survive high falls at maximum speeds. He can even take a grenade point blank and come up with only a couple of scars on his face. That aside I liked the team up of Venom and Sandman. The ending is great and even some of the themes of forgiveness are able to hit their mark. Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2014
    While it's not the absolute worst movie I've ever seen, this movie is so bad that i can barely call this a super hero movie, let alone a Spider-man movie. While the action is great, the characters and story freaking blow. The characters are either morons or aholes. The only character I like in the film is Flint Marco AKA the Sand Man, everyone else I just wanna smack them in the face andWhile it's not the absolute worst movie I've ever seen, this movie is so bad that i can barely call this a super hero movie, let alone a Spider-man movie. While the action is great, the characters and story freaking blow. The characters are either morons or aholes. The only character I like in the film is Flint Marco AKA the Sand Man, everyone else I just wanna smack them in the face and it's story (while epic) is full of reckons and inconsistencies. Unless your completing the entire original Spider-Man collection or if your getting this movie out of curiosity, I strongly recommend you DON'T get this movie. Expand
  13. Nov 9, 2014
    Spider-Man 3 è stato un film fantastico,magari non spettacolare come i primi due capitoli,ma un ottimo film.Un film fantastico,con la presenza di tre dei miei cattivi preferiti: Harry Osborn alias New Goblin,Flint Marko alias Uomo Sabbia e Eddie Brock alias Venom.Si vede anche Spider-Man con il costume nero che è stata un'idea utilizzata molto bene nel film.Un film che a molti non èSpider-Man 3 è stato un film fantastico,magari non spettacolare come i primi due capitoli,ma un ottimo film.Un film fantastico,con la presenza di tre dei miei cattivi preferiti: Harry Osborn alias New Goblin,Flint Marko alias Uomo Sabbia e Eddie Brock alias Venom.Si vede anche Spider-Man con il costume nero che è stata un'idea utilizzata molto bene nel film.Un film che a molti non è piaciuto ma che io personalmente reputo un film stupendo. Expand
  14. Oct 22, 2014
    Spider-Man 3 reunites the cast and filmmakers from the first two blockbuster adventures of a webslinger with secrets, vengeance, love, and forgiveness.
  15. Aug 30, 2014
    No, seriously. The movie actually wasn't that terrible, in my honest opinion. I recently rewatched Spider-Man 3 (4 days ago, to be accurate), and I have to say: the movie was quite underrated...I'll give the people reading this a minute or so to wrap that around their heads............................................................okay, minute over.
    Now, this would be the part where I
    Now, this would be the part where I put, "Some Spoilers Below". However, given that Spider-Man 3 came out in 2007...let's move on.
    Sandman was arguably the most superlative villain in the movie. The revelation that he was actually Uncle Ben's killer was certainly an effective plot twist. I truly felt that I could relate to him as a character. Furthermore, I believe that his final scene and "death" was the most emotional section of the entire film.
    Venom wasn't that badly portrayed either. I thought Topher Grace was a decent choice to play Eddie Brock (unlike a multitude of Spider-Man fans...). In addition, the Venom/Symbiote suit was also well translated from the comics into the big screen, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I found Harry Osborn to have been basically "tacked on" to the movie. The "New" Goblin's fight with Spider-Man felt utterly pointless (not to mention, he pulled 4 heel/face turns throughout the course of the movie). Other than that though, Spider-Man 3 was a good movie.
    I actually found the "Emo Peter Parker" to be pretty amusing. In fact, I thought that was the best (and most daring) portrayal of Peter in the entire Sam Raimi trilogy.
    So, while Spider-Man 3 (and I cannot stress this enough) is definitely NOT the greatest Spider-Man movie of all time, it is absolutely not a bad film either.
  16. Aug 27, 2014
    This movie isn't great and it's not horrible. In the end it's just a disappointing sequel to Spider-Man 2. They didn't spend much time with Venom or Sandman as they felt very rushed and didn't have enough character development.
  17. Jul 9, 2014
    סרט הספיידרמן הכי גורע שראינו, לא כדאי לראות. סרט שהרס לא מעט דמויות מהקומיקס של ספיידרמן. יש כמה סצינות שממש פדיחה בכלל לראות אותם. סרט שכל המעריצים של ספיידרמן התאכזבו ממנו, בעיקר בגלל שבו נהרסה הדמות של ונום
  18. Jun 23, 2014
    This movie receives too much hate for what it is. It is my favorite of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy (yes I liked it better than 2) It has the best dialogue out of all of them in which Maguire no longer is contented with a blank stare, and in my opinion has the most relatable and interesting villain of them all, the Sandman. His birth and eventual redemption are some of the mostThis movie receives too much hate for what it is. It is my favorite of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy (yes I liked it better than 2) It has the best dialogue out of all of them in which Maguire no longer is contented with a blank stare, and in my opinion has the most relatable and interesting villain of them all, the Sandman. His birth and eventual redemption are some of the most powerful I have ever seen in a movie. It has a huge array of memorable moments, and for one reason or another, I rather like the dance scene. Its well choreographed, is full of very energetic performances, but I can definitely understand why people were disgusted by that scene. But in the end, is it really enough to bring the entire movie down to unwatchable status? No, this movie is an incredible experience for any Spidey fan, just be ready for a cringe fest when emo-Peter begins showing his moves. Expand
  19. Jun 3, 2014
    The worst movie of Spider-Man and one of the worst from Marvel.........................................................................................
  20. May 9, 2014
    Spider-Man 3 is a disappointment for me. With X-Men 3: The Last Stand it was a different director but this is the same team. There are so many great ideas in here for a Spider-Man movie but the decision to use all of them at once rather than just use one or two results in a messy movie that lacks any sort of real focus and some elements of the film are not as fleshed out as they could haveSpider-Man 3 is a disappointment for me. With X-Men 3: The Last Stand it was a different director but this is the same team. There are so many great ideas in here for a Spider-Man movie but the decision to use all of them at once rather than just use one or two results in a messy movie that lacks any sort of real focus and some elements of the film are not as fleshed out as they could have been or as much as I would have liked to have been. So many great ideas were in this movie that I was excited to see through various trailers and ads such as Gwen Stacy and the Black Suit and their handling was not what I wanted at all. But even with a messy story the film still could have been decent or mediocre but the film his hurt by some bad writing. The film spends excessive time on a poorly written romance and makes Peter unlikeable resulting in some parts of this film that are painful to watch. This is hard for me because I love Spider-Man and really want to like this movie but I love Spider-Man so much that I’m willing to get upset when a film about him is done wrong. It is so disappointing especially considering how good of a job Raimi did on the first two. Its sad because you can see the sparks of brilliance yet the execution is sloppy. If you are interested in seeing this film check out as its not all bad as there are some cool action scenes and this film has a mixed reaction with everyone having their own variations of how much they like it. However, lower your expectations as this a poorly put together film from someone who is capable of making good movies. The pieces are there I just wish they were put together properly. Expand
  21. May 4, 2014
    This is what happens when you have too many story lines, to many villains, and to many things to juggle. Spider-Man 3 sucks. Spider-Man 3 is a visually stunning movie and has a great score...that being said theres nothing else to it. The acting is clunky, the story is so tangled (no pun intended) and character motivations are constantly questions. things happen by coincidence...good callThis is what happens when you have too many story lines, to many villains, and to many things to juggle. Spider-Man 3 sucks. Spider-Man 3 is a visually stunning movie and has a great score...that being said theres nothing else to it. The acting is clunky, the story is so tangled (no pun intended) and character motivations are constantly questions. things happen by coincidence...good call sony to get rid of Spidey 4 and bring in the new ones. Expand
  22. May 1, 2014
    I will always love Spider-Man, he was the first childhood superhero that I loved and grew up with. When I watched Spider-Man 3 the first time on DVD, I thought it was a great movie and the best of the trilogy. I even thought it was the best movie ever. (Keep in mind I was a kid, like 8 or 9 years old.) Then later on when I heard that people said that it had too many villains and too manyI will always love Spider-Man, he was the first childhood superhero that I loved and grew up with. When I watched Spider-Man 3 the first time on DVD, I thought it was a great movie and the best of the trilogy. I even thought it was the best movie ever. (Keep in mind I was a kid, like 8 or 9 years old.) Then later on when I heard that people said that it had too many villains and too many subplots, I thought they were crazy. Then, I re-watched it a year or two later and saw it as a well-experienced movie viewer.

The reason why Spider-Man 3 wasn't the best it could have been was because, in my opinion, it didn't take itself seriously and felt a bit silly. (Emo-Peter Parker and him dancing all over NY with his stupid hair style? The effects of the black symbiote made him a "finger-snapping hipster" at worst, nothing else. Oh my god, those scenes for me ruined the movie more than the villains. Everytime I rewatch the movie, I skip those scenes. Really, what were they thinking?) The movie didn't feel too overwhelming or overstuffed to me...or maybe it was. I think most of the characters could've been expanded upon and developed better and fleshed out more (Venom/Eddie Brock, The New Green Goblin/Harry, Peter Parker, Mary Jane, Aunt May, etc).
    The visual effects, in some scenes, withstood the test of time better than the previous films. In other scenes though, the CGI felt a bit sloppy and crude (Venom and the symbiote and Harry and his glider). The music and soundtrack feel dramatic and iconic, throughout the whole movie it just adds to the experience. "The Birth of Sandman" scene was one of my favorite scenes from the film. It also combines the best of the film's music and CGI. Venom, the most complained about villain, wasn't too bad but his character development was rushed. Venom, with his rich story/background and the loads of good source material, should have been better. Topher Grace didn't look as muscular or evil or charismatic (depending on which iteration/version) as he should've been. Harry and Sandman were both fine though. Sandman was really great.

Spider-Man 3 was too rushed. Sam Raimi didn't want to include Venom and Gwen Stacy, that was the idea of Avi Arad and the executives at Sony/Columbia. The production, the crew, and the director were rushed and that affected the overall product. Spider-Man 3 could've been the best Spider-Man movie of the Sam Raimi trilogy, maybe the best of both trilogies, but it just messed up. I wonder what would've happened if Sam Raimi didn't listen to everyone suggesting ideas; maybe things would've turned out better. What would've happened if we had a Spider-Man 4? 5? 6?

Many people compare The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to Spider-Man 3, but the only similarity is that they each have three villains. Spider-Man 3 had Eddie Brock, who became villain at the last part of the film, and Harry Osborn, who became a hero at the last part of the film. And Sandman just leaves, and tells Spider-Man he's sorry. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has Rhino, who only a villain for 10-15 minutes. It also has Harry Osborn (again?) and Electro. Both of the latter are added in nicely and not squeezed in.

Spider-Man 3 is OK. The conclusion of the trilogy should have been better, but I'm satisfied enough with what we got.

If you want to read more of my in-depth reviews about movies and TV shows, please click on my name or on "All this user's reviews". Please read them and like them, I'd appreciate it. I put real effort into these reviews. I've also reviewed the other films in the original Sam Raimi trilogy, and the two films in the new reboot.
  23. Apr 28, 2014
    The highly anticipated follow up in Sam Raimi's masterful series ups the ante with 3 villains and the introduction of the black suit. The villains showcased in this movie are Sandman played by Thomas Hayden Church, New Green Goblin potrayed by James Franco and finally Venom played by Topher Grace. On paper this sounds amazing but in reality.... it wasn't. Too many plot points plague thisThe highly anticipated follow up in Sam Raimi's masterful series ups the ante with 3 villains and the introduction of the black suit. The villains showcased in this movie are Sandman played by Thomas Hayden Church, New Green Goblin potrayed by James Franco and finally Venom played by Topher Grace. On paper this sounds amazing but in reality.... it wasn't. Too many plot points plague this movie and it turns into a mess story wise. Luckily the action makes up for it to not make it a total disaster but by far the weakest movie of Raimi's trilogy and probably the weakest Spidey film to date. Expand
  24. Apr 22, 2014
    The final movie in the trilogy, while not as bad as some make out, is certainly the weakest. Much of the action and comedy is still there but by pitting Spider-Man against three enemies (rather just one as in the first two movies) the film loses its focus. Each of the enemies back stories are developed in too much detail and the web-slinger comes close to being a guest in his own movieThe final movie in the trilogy, while not as bad as some make out, is certainly the weakest. Much of the action and comedy is still there but by pitting Spider-Man against three enemies (rather just one as in the first two movies) the film loses its focus. Each of the enemies back stories are developed in too much detail and the web-slinger comes close to being a guest in his own movie that is arguably trying to be too ambitious. Expand
  25. Apr 20, 2014
    I don't know why critics and people are so mean with it because it's my favourite spider-man movie by far.There is more action and more characters there is an awesome plot but i agreed with the fact that in this movie the acting was pretty bad.I recommend it to everybody who likes superhero/action movies
  26. Apr 9, 2014
    lol people are really divided on this movie lol I for one enjoyed it; this was actually my most favorite spider man movie; the action was great, the emotional parts tugged at my strings, and a bad spiderman was a fresh change of pace; I don't know if its just me but the ending brought me to near tears; lol a great movie definantly; I would recommend anyone to just go in, watch the movie,lol people are really divided on this movie lol I for one enjoyed it; this was actually my most favorite spider man movie; the action was great, the emotional parts tugged at my strings, and a bad spiderman was a fresh change of pace; I don't know if its just me but the ending brought me to near tears; lol a great movie definantly; I would recommend anyone to just go in, watch the movie, and watch it on your own behalf; just because someone here said the movie was bad doesn't mean its bad; vice versa for good; lol

the only problem I had with this movie was that venom didn't get enough spotlight; sandman got more attention than venom and venom didn't get enough development; also the guy who played venom didn't really fit the persona of what I pictured venom to be; I always pictured venom to be this big buff guy that bullied peter parker but this actor failed to pull off that image lol still I suppose I he did a decent job of being venom lol he did get the cockiness of venom down pretty well lol

solid 8, great movie!
  27. Jan 11, 2014
    I enjoy this movie, but it does have it's problems.

I enjoy this movie, but it does have it's problems.

The acting is good, the direction is good, the story is paced well and the action scenes are well done. I really do enjoy Harry as the goblin in my opinion as it creates a lot of tension between Peter and Harry as they are (or were) best friends. Peter and MJ finally have a romance, unlike the previous Spider Man movies and Jameson is always funny. The visuals are also great.

However, the story has so many plot points that it becomes convoluted and all of them could have been their own movie. You have the Sandman being the killer of Uncle Ben, the new goblin and his conflict with Peter and the Symbiote which creates Emo Peter, Peter breaking up with MJ, and Venom. Emo Peter was just unneeded and poorly done, instead of showing conflict with the symbiote, he appears to have a good time until he punches MJ and realized what he has done.

Venom was completely underutilized. When he showed up, he looked great, but the vast majority of the time he spoke, he was unmasked. Why? He looked great, why do we need to see Grace's face instead of VENOM? He is so far Spider Man's most anticipated villain to make an appearance on the big screen and when we got it, it was for 10 minutes. Disappointing.

Even though it's the weakest Spider Man movie, i enjoy watching Spider Man 3. I feel like it's a well made movie as it has good things like the acting, direction, action sequences and the visuals. However, because of having too many villains, the plot was convoluted and ALL of them could have made their own movie.
  28. Jan 6, 2014
    Depois do 2° se perdeu literalmente.
  29. Dec 8, 2013
    I have watch this spidey movie more 10 times, but the film is still not boring, this is spidey series movies the best. I love it, all acting, effect, music is great. If i can Give Score Spiderman Movie 1 Get 8.5, Spiderman Movie 2 Get 9, And Spiderman 3 Get 10 (Perfecto). Sam Raimi is The Best Director Movie Superhero
  30. Dec 2, 2013
    This film tried to hard to be everything all at once. Much like X-Men: The Last Stand, there are too many characters and not enough time to fully develop them. I was happy for the inclusion of Venom as a villain, but as he was a secondary character, he wasn't as fun or interesting as he should have been.
  31. Nov 13, 2013
    Spider-Man 3 gets exterminated.
    The film begins sound until trying to do too much all at once. The first mistake is attempting to introduce two new villains along with an already iconic one, and it completely collapses when Peter Parker nearly becomes a villain himself. The movie gets lost and doesn't find its way back home.
  32. Nov 11, 2013
    Okay, I'm gonna say that "Spider-Man 3" is just disappointing. It's a complete mess. The story was under-plotted, has too many plot holes, does not have the emotional satisfaction as "Spider-Man 2", and was just really bad. The only positive thing I can say about this film is the action and the visuals.
  33. Sep 20, 2013
    Damn. For the first two movies, the premise was fresh, exciting, never lagged, and was just so fun to watch. So, what happened in the third movie? It got a little dull, and included more drama, less action. Something big happens at the end which I won't spoil, and I swear by everything that is holy that no one wanted this event to happen.
  34. Aug 22, 2013
    Just like the reviews for M.J's play, this film is unbelievably underrated. The characters, story and themes all come full circle in this masterpiece. I love that the film combines all the goofy and emotional themes to conclude a fantastic story with much Oscar-worthy finesse (Sandman's creation, anyone?).

One of my favourite movies and I hope The Amazing Spider-Man 2 can live up to

One of my favourite movies and I hope The Amazing Spider-Man 2 can live up to this amazing trilogy.
  35. Aug 5, 2013
    The film plummets from the success of the masterpiece its predecessor was, but Spider-Man 3 still manages to entertain with humor and an emotional story, even if it had a bloated running time and lacked the memorability of Spider-Man 2.
  36. Aug 4, 2013
    Seeing this for the first time in the cinema, I must admit I was impressed, but I also left the feeling with a problem that I couldn't quite put my finger on, and when I watched it again, an again, the problems threw themselves at me to the point where I felt so disappointed, I didn't hate Spider-Man 3, but after such a strong and excellent second outing for our hero, the third tried to goSeeing this for the first time in the cinema, I must admit I was impressed, but I also left the feeling with a problem that I couldn't quite put my finger on, and when I watched it again, an again, the problems threw themselves at me to the point where I felt so disappointed, I didn't hate Spider-Man 3, but after such a strong and excellent second outing for our hero, the third tried to go bigger and bigger to the point where they seemed to lose track of characters, plot lines and an overall sense of enjoyment.
    A relatively unknown and unexplained symbiote crash lands on earth, and this makes for some very interesting changes in the personality of Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire), who continues to date the woman he loves, albeit with plenty of speed bumps along the way. Peter also has to deal with his estranged friend Harry, who now has a very ruthless side and his very own alter-ego, someone who causes problems for Spider-Man, but not alone. The film paves the way for not one, not two, but three villains. Just as can be imagined, it becomes messy and confusing with a bewildering and awkward love triangle, a very powerful villain who has a quick backstory and thats it, we have a villain in the form of Venom who could be touted as one of the most famous of foes, but the most underused and wrongly portrayed characters in film, rushed and overblown are a few choice words.
    Its just difficult to heighten any sense of character in these new foes, with a weak script which doesn't explore them with enough depth or gratifying belief that they could even contend with Doc Ock of the second film. They seem more like plot devices to move the story along, and Venom seemed to be used as a oh no, we forgot we had Venom shown earlier, stick him into that scene" type scenario. With this comes the vastly different main characters, who now seem like the kids they should have portrayed in the first film but are coming up late, with the lack of humour definitely apparent.
    But the action and visuals continue to come up top marks, with the birth of Sandman being a particularly impressive scene which one of the limited marvels of the film, some of the action sequences were excellent, many just seemed to help knock up the budget with no relevance at all to the story. There is certainly a different, darker and much more gritty attitude in the third and final instalment of the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire era, but it moves too fast and leaves too many characters out in the cold, adding up to a disappointing and ultimately messy affair.
  37. Jul 15, 2013
    Se daño un poco la saga sin embargo tiene su encanto de Hombre araña que demuestra en la primera y segunda parte, De un modo Peter Parker saca su lado oscuro de una forma no muy chevere tal vez al ponerle mas accion se perdio el hombre araña que habia antes
  38. Jul 9, 2013
    Disappointingly, Spider-Man 3 puts the bad back into third films. While the film had some stunning visual effects and solid performances, the script was an absolute mess, the tone was confused, and the movie simply had too much going on to focus its sights on one thing. Additionally, the unnecessary cheese and goofiness made the story difficult to take seriously, making for a film thatDisappointingly, Spider-Man 3 puts the bad back into third films. While the film had some stunning visual effects and solid performances, the script was an absolute mess, the tone was confused, and the movie simply had too much going on to focus its sights on one thing. Additionally, the unnecessary cheese and goofiness made the story difficult to take seriously, making for a film that equaled the death of a series. Expand
  39. Jul 1, 2013
    All three Spider-Man films are very good, but this is my least favourite of the three. Having said that it's still a very good movie and a lot of the lose ends were tied up, as well as learning more about things from the first film in particular. The whole 'Peter turns Emo' was a little odd, and I don't think the villains were as strong as the first two films villains, so thats the lows,All three Spider-Man films are very good, but this is my least favourite of the three. Having said that it's still a very good movie and a lot of the lose ends were tied up, as well as learning more about things from the first film in particular. The whole 'Peter turns Emo' was a little odd, and I don't think the villains were as strong as the first two films villains, so thats the lows, but being a Spider-Man there is always going to be a lot of good and I still thoroughly enjoyed watching it! Expand
  40. May 31, 2013
    I was in third grade when this movie came out and I absolutely loved it. But as I grew older I realized that I didn't like Venom in this movie. There just wasn't enough of him in this movie and I could tell Sam Raimi didn't try to make him as cool as he is in the comics. I also wish they had left Sandman out of this film. Overall, it was a decent film.
  41. Mar 14, 2013
    Not bad, not good either. It has some really good scenes. It has some really bad scenes. Which genius thought it would be a great idea to cast Topher Grace as Eddie Brock? Eddie Brock/Venom is meant to be the opposite to Parker both physically and mentally. Grace does do a good job at nailing Brock/Venom's mentality but he just does not look the part. Brock/Venom was meant to be muchNot bad, not good either. It has some really good scenes. It has some really bad scenes. Which genius thought it would be a great idea to cast Topher Grace as Eddie Brock? Eddie Brock/Venom is meant to be the opposite to Parker both physically and mentally. Grace does do a good job at nailing Brock/Venom's mentality but he just does not look the part. Brock/Venom was meant to be much bigger. A body builder in comparison to Spider-Man. As to Emo-Peter I think pretty much everyone else has said what is need to be said about this. Thomas Haden Church on the other hand is perhaps the only saving grace of this movie. He was an excellent Sandman. In fact I could even go so far as to say his version is even superior to the one in the comics. Sandman was always just a side character, but Church really did give him some depth and reason. Overall: Spider-Man 3 as a whole isn't terrible but it has just got far, far too many ideas floating about that are just underdeveloped. As if Raimi was trying to please too many people at once. Expand
  42. Feb 27, 2013
    You can only assume that Raimi intended to make a comedy but changed his mind at the last minute. Peter Parker dances away his credibility and the potential for a sequel.
  43. Feb 12, 2013
    I wish I had never seen it. The plot was so contrived and the length longer without offering anything of worth. It's like they knew this was the last one in the series and they had to use all the villains. With nothing to offer, they even tried to make us concerned that this might be the end of Spidey, but it looked so sappy I wanted him to die and be done with. There were a few goodI wish I had never seen it. The plot was so contrived and the length longer without offering anything of worth. It's like they knew this was the last one in the series and they had to use all the villains. With nothing to offer, they even tried to make us concerned that this might be the end of Spidey, but it looked so sappy I wanted him to die and be done with. There were a few good scenes when Spidey turns dark, but nothing can really redeem this piece of garbage. Expand
  44. Feb 9, 2013
    Weakest of the three by far! I don`t know how dancing makes Venom look bad ass. I was really disappointed in this movie when I watched it. I hate Superman movies, and this movie moved into Superman company for me.
  45. Jan 17, 2013
    I expected more action. The two other movies are great.
  46. Dec 23, 2012
    Though it has its emotionally heightened, strong moments, and visual splendour to spare, these are the last yellow spots on a rotten banana. 'Spider-Man 3' lacks the honest emotion that made the first two so great, as well as developing the too-many-villains disease that makes the plot wear thin before your eyes. A disappointing final chapter to Raimi's otherwise brilliant trilogy.
  47. Dec 5, 2012
    oh my but this movie sucks 100 times more than spider-man 1 and 2.The acting is even worse,the story is the worst ever.and sorry tobey maguire but your acting still sucks it is so terrible I never want to see another Tobey Maguire movie in my lifetime.And it is all thanks to spider-man.Can't believe they decided to actually make a third instalment they should not have never madeoh my but this movie sucks 100 times more than spider-man 1 and 2.The acting is even worse,the story is the worst ever.and sorry tobey maguire but your acting still sucks it is so terrible I never want to see another Tobey Maguire movie in my lifetime.And it is all thanks to spider-man.Can't believe they decided to actually make a third instalment they should not have never made spider-man from the beginning they would have saved lots of money and would have saved us from utter bordem.Again this goes straight into the worst movies in history list. Collapse
  48. Nov 28, 2012
    A film you really wish possessed as good of a second half as it did a first half. Spider-Man 3 almost crashes and burns.
  49. Oct 17, 2012
    A clunky, uneven, too villain-filled, disappointing conclusion to The Spiderman Trilogy. That's a shame because the movie looked amazing from all the theatrical shorts and tv trailers. What we got was an over-the-top Tobey Magurie going all emo on us and performing a ridiculous dance scene in a bar later on in the movie. Does that sound like what you'd expect from a movie that has Venom inA clunky, uneven, too villain-filled, disappointing conclusion to The Spiderman Trilogy. That's a shame because the movie looked amazing from all the theatrical shorts and tv trailers. What we got was an over-the-top Tobey Magurie going all emo on us and performing a ridiculous dance scene in a bar later on in the movie. Does that sound like what you'd expect from a movie that has Venom in it?!?!?!

If it wasn't for the guy who played Eddie Brock, then the film would have been okay to watch. However, the "birth of The Sandman is just an amazing scene and the only memorable part of the movie for me.
  50. Oct 12, 2012
    Very good sequel to Spiderman, but no better than the first part. I recommend it to fans of Spiderman. This film is full of surprises that will leave you open-mouthed.
  51. Aug 28, 2012
    best one in the series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  52. Aug 12, 2012
    A major disappointment, mostly from the fact that it completely contradicts the first two movies. One of the biggest reasons why Spider-Man is one of the most appealing superheroes is because of his self-sacrificing nature. The shift that suddenly he becomes "Mr. Big Shot" in this movie feels not only inconsistent, but it feels like we missed watching a Spider-Man movie that took placeA major disappointment, mostly from the fact that it completely contradicts the first two movies. One of the biggest reasons why Spider-Man is one of the most appealing superheroes is because of his self-sacrificing nature. The shift that suddenly he becomes "Mr. Big Shot" in this movie feels not only inconsistent, but it feels like we missed watching a Spider-Man movie that took place between "2" and "3". Not to mention that there's just simply too much crammed into this. Venom has no place in this movie whatsoever, and the revenge storyline between Peter and the Sandman was just so poorly handled. Boo. Expand
  53. Jul 20, 2012
    What the hell was this crap? Sam Raimi, after your masterpiece superhero film, Spider-Man 2 I expected so much more from you. Sure, the movie was funny in some points but the story was downright terrible. Venom had like three minutes of screen time and the Sandman was just lame. The dialogue was cheesy and there was nothing to go on. Spider-Man 3 was one of the biggest disappointments forWhat the hell was this crap? Sam Raimi, after your masterpiece superhero film, Spider-Man 2 I expected so much more from you. Sure, the movie was funny in some points but the story was downright terrible. Venom had like three minutes of screen time and the Sandman was just lame. The dialogue was cheesy and there was nothing to go on. Spider-Man 3 was one of the biggest disappointments for movie-goers and Spidey fans, both. Expand
  54. Jul 19, 2012
    This third installment of Sam Raimi, Spider-Man is a real waste of money, of course with respect to director Sam Raimi, but unlike Spider-Man 2, this does not have good story, not a good enemy, as in my opinion venom should have a very good job and not just out and about when it will end the movie, I say that if sam Raimi does not make the same mistake, what you can do is, first, not muchThis third installment of Sam Raimi, Spider-Man is a real waste of money, of course with respect to director Sam Raimi, but unlike Spider-Man 2, this does not have good story, not a good enemy, as in my opinion venom should have a very good job and not just out and about when it will end the movie, I say that if sam Raimi does not make the same mistake, what you can do is, first, not much to emocionarce special effects, since what is in each one, Spiderman 3 has very good special effects, with a budget that spent 250 million dollars, is to have well thought out story, and if not found leave behind that and find another thing, as does the genius of nolan, which in its delivery of Batman Begins and the Dark Knight, has had a very good story, apart from very good enemies.

Well in conclusion, Spider-Man 3 is a waste of money to have gone to see a film like this to the movies, and that now is not very cheap to say.
    My calificasion for Spiderman 3, Sam Raimi is 4/10.
  55. Jul 16, 2012
    I loved the first two, but this was a HUGE disappointment. The action and the visual effects were the best in the series, but the acting was soooo unconvincing and many of the sub-plots in this movie were just cliched and silly. The jazz club has to be one of the stupidest scenes I've ever watched. Venom had so much possibility for Spider-Man 4 (before Sony scrapped it) they shouldn't haveI loved the first two, but this was a HUGE disappointment. The action and the visual effects were the best in the series, but the acting was soooo unconvincing and many of the sub-plots in this movie were just cliched and silly. The jazz club has to be one of the stupidest scenes I've ever watched. Venom had so much possibility for Spider-Man 4 (before Sony scrapped it) they shouldn't have killed him off! I wanted Spider-Man 4 to be better, but Sony seemed to think that a reboot would be better than a sequel that made up for the atrocities of this film. PATHETIC! Expand
  56. Jul 12, 2012
    While it certainly has its silly parts and its overloaded with too many characters, Spider-Man 3 ultimately works because of its dazzling special effects and strong emotional focus.
  57. Jul 9, 2012
    Personally I think Spider-Man 3 wraps up everything nicely. It is a great movie to end the Raimi series of Spider-Man with New Goblin, Venom and Sandman. The script and storyline is good, though the movie is not as good as it's predecessors due to the amount of villains the movie is trying to handle and the bloopers. The ending was also a misfire, I expected more from it, perhaps a speechPersonally I think Spider-Man 3 wraps up everything nicely. It is a great movie to end the Raimi series of Spider-Man with New Goblin, Venom and Sandman. The script and storyline is good, though the movie is not as good as it's predecessors due to the amount of villains the movie is trying to handle and the bloopers. The ending was also a misfire, I expected more from it, perhaps a speech from Peter about his life as Spider-Man. Expand
  58. Jul 5, 2012
    OK ending to the franchise but still this had to be a little more exciting heart pounding.............just satisfaction and nothing else i gave it a 7 just cuz of the VENOM
  59. Jun 22, 2012
    People usually pick on Spider-Man 3 by saying that "Venom was portrayed terribly", or "Spider-Man was a sissy". But what was really wrong with this movie was that everything felt fake. NY didn't seem like NY. Peter didn't act like Peter. Spider-Man didn't act like a Spider-Man. And Sandman was meant to be the villain of the film but was wedge to work with Venom. Basically to much went on.People usually pick on Spider-Man 3 by saying that "Venom was portrayed terribly", or "Spider-Man was a sissy". But what was really wrong with this movie was that everything felt fake. NY didn't seem like NY. Peter didn't act like Peter. Spider-Man didn't act like a Spider-Man. And Sandman was meant to be the villain of the film but was wedge to work with Venom. Basically to much went on. Too many villains, and too many moments repeated from the previous movies. Expand
  60. Jun 9, 2012
    Studio VS Sam Raimi. By the time Spider-Man 3 is finished, we have way too many villains and way too many plot points. It shows how cluttered and unfocused this sequel was, the 'final' installment of Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. It was rumored that Raimi was forced to include Venom in the film as he is one of the more 'popular' villain out there. By the time number 4 was inStudio VS Sam Raimi. By the time Spider-Man 3 is finished, we have way too many villains and way too many plot points. It shows how cluttered and unfocused this sequel was, the 'final' installment of Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. It was rumored that Raimi was forced to include Venom in the film as he is one of the more 'popular' villain out there. By the time number 4 was in pre-production, the wrangling between the film maker and studio resulted in a complete reboot of this franchise. Expand
  61. Jun 3, 2012
    While it definitely has a lot of flaws, I don't think Spider-Man 3 is the abomination that a lot of people say it is. I'll talk about the good stuff first. Firstly the film looks amazing, the special effects are the best out of all of the three films. The web action looks awesome, Sandman looks awesome and Venom looks brilliant! People complain that he wasn't bulky enough but I thought heWhile it definitely has a lot of flaws, I don't think Spider-Man 3 is the abomination that a lot of people say it is. I'll talk about the good stuff first. Firstly the film looks amazing, the special effects are the best out of all of the three films. The web action looks awesome, Sandman looks awesome and Venom looks brilliant! People complain that he wasn't bulky enough but I thought he was fine. The only exception to the great special effects is the scene when Harry attacks Peter near the start of the film, its quite obvious that the makers had trouble animating the web swinging action when Peter is not wearing his suit. Another good thing about this film is that in some scenes it really does nail to darker tone that the film was going for, when Peter first gets the black suit it leads to some great and intense moments...now the bad stuff. It's obvious that this film cannot decide on a tone. At some points it's going for a really dark tone but in others it seems to be trying to make you laugh, or trying to be dark but failing and making us laugh when we shouldn't be. The acting isn't too bad but there's nothing special and the writing, while still better than Spider-Man 1, it has some cheesy and cheap lines and it makes some characters react to things in unrealistic ways. There's a lot in this film, so it does feel a bit bloated from time to time, especially in the ending. The ending to me felt like they makers were just having to tie up the loose ends one by one and it didn't feel natural. I could go on but I don't think I need to. This film can be enjoyable in some parts but you just cannot ignore all of its flaws. Expand
  62. May 31, 2012
    Spider-man 3 was an epic superhero adventure. Everyone will love this movie. With intense violence, a great plot, and Marvel's coolest superhero, you can't help but like Spider-man 3.
  63. May 11, 2012
    With this Spider-Man you have a story that is different from its predecessors. Now there are multiple villains. It may seem like a lot to handle in one film, but somehow the action and story work out in the end. This is the most tragic Spider-Man of them all.
  64. Apr 18, 2012
    I understand the complaints that many fans like myself have towards this movie, but I still enjoyed the movie nonetheless. The "Emo Peter" scenes were cheesy and comic bookish... but isn't that the point of a comic book movie? My only real problem w/ the movie is how little screen time Venom got. Raimi should have moved him to the 4th movie and kept the Sandman as the main villain. I feelI understand the complaints that many fans like myself have towards this movie, but I still enjoyed the movie nonetheless. The "Emo Peter" scenes were cheesy and comic bookish... but isn't that the point of a comic book movie? My only real problem w/ the movie is how little screen time Venom got. Raimi should have moved him to the 4th movie and kept the Sandman as the main villain. I feel the Venom saga deserves its own movie. In conclusion, this is a good movie with a few problems. Expand
  65. Apr 7, 2012
    As much as this movie was spectacular it had too much going, Too much Sandman, not enough new Goblin and Venom, The scene where Peter cries cause MJ boke up with him was so frustrating, he was basically being a sook. With the exception of Topher Grace, casting was spot on. It's a fun filled ride but it isn't as fun as the first two were. still it's a worthy addition to your movieAs much as this movie was spectacular it had too much going, Too much Sandman, not enough new Goblin and Venom, The scene where Peter cries cause MJ boke up with him was so frustrating, he was basically being a sook. With the exception of Topher Grace, casting was spot on. It's a fun filled ride but it isn't as fun as the first two were. still it's a worthy addition to your movie collection, especially blu-ray. Expand
  66. Mar 7, 2012
    An unnecessarily overlong and depressing sequel that has Peter Parker happily embracing the dark side until minutes before the end credits roll. Having him change his mind at the last possible second and then show up in time to get his butt pummeled for ten minutes straight is a terrible way to end a franchise. Crying, blubbering and egotistical trash-talking abounds. Throw in TopherAn unnecessarily overlong and depressing sequel that has Peter Parker happily embracing the dark side until minutes before the end credits roll. Having him change his mind at the last possible second and then show up in time to get his butt pummeled for ten minutes straight is a terrible way to end a franchise. Crying, blubbering and egotistical trash-talking abounds. Throw in Topher Grace as a criminally uninteresting and underpowered Venom (you can't be serious!!!) and you have a recipe for total meltdown. I suggest you pretend that Spider Man 2 was the final movie in the series and avoid this quagmire completely. Expand
  67. Feb 29, 2012
    Spider-man 3 sure has it's faults and flaws. The final cheapter in the spider triogy wraps up the francise greatly and the CGI is dazzling as anything. Sadley though spider-man 3 is so desprate to out-live the amazing spider-man 2 that it works too hard with way too many villans. First of all, if your gonna go ahead with spidey 3 then keep in mind that,ll you either be blown away or damnSpider-man 3 sure has it's faults and flaws. The final cheapter in the spider triogy wraps up the francise greatly and the CGI is dazzling as anything. Sadley though spider-man 3 is so desprate to out-live the amazing spider-man 2 that it works too hard with way too many villans. First of all, if your gonna go ahead with spidey 3 then keep in mind that,ll you either be blown away or damn right disappointed. Mixed reviews are everywhere on the internet so watch with an open mind. First of all the fight scenes are amazing! oh and there's action! Real action with mind blowing CGI. However though, the film spins a messy plot going to the next character and then to the next one. It's also to note that once spidey goes bad, the film even try's to be funny showing a dance scene with peter ( no! you read that right!) a dance scene! You may just be mad with laughter or myble you,ll come across the WTF factor. Either way though despite the films flaws, spider-man 3 has a darker tone and message then the other two films and also has the beatiful message of forgiveness and choices in the film which to me, was what i found to be the best part of the film. The film wraps the triogly up greatly and by doing so changes the wall clawers orgin story. A riskly move i know and some people thought wrong of this but i for one thought that it payed off as it makes peter grow up more with forgiveness in his heart rather then revenage. Something that are own hearts lack and need to be taught with as well. We always have a choice to do the right thing and its why that this film has the best theme in all of three spider-man films. Spider-man 3 may not live up to spider-man 2 which is a true fact but bear in mind though that it has more heart then spider-man 2 and message. that even the best of us need to learn. Venom was myble a pointless figure in the film but to be honest i just think that venom was a relection of what peter could of become and also what we could become if we live with revenage in our own hearts forever. Don't expect venom to great in the film, let alone be that much in the film either but Raimi didn't even want this guy in the film but instead used him to tell the next story of peter parker. Oh and there's also a death in the film as well, two deaths actualy ( one a villian by no surprise since this a spider-man film) and one is just another message as well. A message that shows even if we can redeem are are selfs from bad choices, we,ll stay have to pay for what we chose to dofor making the wrong choice's in life. To sum it all up, spider-man 3, depsite it's faults, is the best spider-man film with a heart and message. Despite not reaching the level of spider-man 2, the final film has bearth taking CGI and finsh's off the triogy on level. Say what you what about this film, love it or hate it, people say only fans who read the comics only know how this is a bad film. Well guass what? This is coming from a big spider-man who loves the comics and also loves this film as well! There's troll's every where on the internet who rip this film to shreds but i don't care. There's more postive then negative reviews on this site, user's put a more postive reviews here which has out-weighed the bad ones so i know that there's other people who think the same as i do. It's not a bad film but a damn good fllm in it's own light. Besides, despite that spider-man 4 may be cancelled, spider-man 3 wrapped the franise up greatly and it did a damn fine job to end one of the most loved super-hero series ever to come. Expand
  68. Feb 22, 2012
    It's awesome if your 12 or if you can relive those days. At that age you just pay attention to how awesome the film is and it really is. The action scenes and special effects are awesome.
  69. Jan 13, 2012
    Compared to the other Spider Man movies, this is bad. The history isn't nice as the first movie's and it's way less enjoyable. The enemy: Venom, is the nicest thing of the movie...probably one of the only things nice in it.
  70. Dec 16, 2011
    A good movie, not great, not brilliant, a good movie, a good Spider Man movie! The introduction to Venom, the black suited Spidey, and Sandman were all great. The actors did an "alright" job at portraying the characters, and all of that (the music, sound effects, ect.) were okay. The costumes were great and the special effects are outstanding with true Spidey battles. But like the otherA good movie, not great, not brilliant, a good movie, a good Spider Man movie! The introduction to Venom, the black suited Spidey, and Sandman were all great. The actors did an "alright" job at portraying the characters, and all of that (the music, sound effects, ect.) were okay. The costumes were great and the special effects are outstanding with true Spidey battles. But like the other two movies, there isn't much screen time of Spider man as there should be, along with too many story lines (for one movie) and a failed love triangle attempt, this movie leaves me with mixed feelings. But it's still worth watching and buying the DVD when released. Go Spidey, Go... Expand
  71. Dec 9, 2011
    There is a reason they are rebooting the series, This film was absolute trash. Not only did the acting and the story suck but there was a musical during the film and that just wont do.
  72. Dec 8, 2011
    What a waste of time! Walked into this movie with high expectations, thought I was watching a poorly done Mad TV sketch(which is saying something for Mad TV because their sketches are normally bad) but then realized I was infact in the middle of a horrible Spider-Man movie.
  73. Dec 8, 2011
    Liked the first one a whole lot, loved the second, but this one was complete trash. I told my friends not to waste their money on this one. It got wrong what the first two got right and then some, never been this disappointed in my life.
  74. Dec 5, 2011
    Sloppy writing, poor editing and underused characters and poor development pull this Spidey sequel into the dirt.

While it tries to do the simple, and deliver what fans have come to expect rom a Spidey movie, the film fails to deliver anything truly engaging. The film makes a fuss of introducing three villains for Spider-man to defeat. However it feels like director Sam Rami had a good idea for three more Spider-man movies but was convinced to shove all of the plots into one movie. As a result the entire film suffers. The plot that suffers the most is the Venom storyline. Venom is the movie's villain and only appears fully in the final hal hour of the movie. As a result, he goes under developed and does the same evil plot every Spidey villain has done, kidnap Mary Jane and lure Spidey into a trap. It hasn't worked for the villains in the last two movies and drains the movie's final showdown of any drama. Speaking of the end, this is where all of the plots come together and are resolved, messily. In the midst of the chaos, Peter gets colosure with best pal Harry and manages to forgive baddie Flint Marko for the death of his uncle. Oh, and he manages to kill defeat Venom and sort his relationship issues with Mary Jane. This movie had real promise and falls flat down on it's face. Oh Spidey, you really tangled this one up. The Reboot can't come soon enough.
  75. Sep 21, 2011
    "Spider man 3" is very impressive and astounding; Sam Raimi manages to give the obvious fresh joy and humor from the previous sequels and even throws in more villains. The Result? Perfect.
  76. Aug 25, 2011
    A really big disappointment and a movie about half as good as Spider-Man 2. There are too many villains and the acting is a huge drop from the first two.
  77. Jul 1, 2011
    Spider-Man 3's problems stem from its bloated and convoluted story. From multiple villains to love triangles to a symbiote-driven personality change, Spider-Man 3 tries to do in one movie what others would try to do in multiple. In choosing to tackle so much, this movie was destined to come up short. Having three villains in any movie, let alone a superhero movie, was always going toSpider-Man 3's problems stem from its bloated and convoluted story. From multiple villains to love triangles to a symbiote-driven personality change, Spider-Man 3 tries to do in one movie what others would try to do in multiple. In choosing to tackle so much, this movie was destined to come up short. Having three villains in any movie, let alone a superhero movie, was always going to result in at least one bad guy getting sidelined. This honor falls onto Venom, a character which Sam Raimi did not want to include and boy does it show. His screen time is short and he always has the air of being unnecessary and out of place. As for Sandman, though he is visually impressive, his entry into the back story feels shoehorned in and unnatural. Dialogue is hampered by occasionally poor acting and the stunting of character growth (Mary Jane is the biggest offender). There is a real lack of an emotional cor to this movie, with each actor appearing to be going through the motions. The exception is Tobey Maquire who seems to enjoy Peter's narcissistic and selfish persona. Action scenes are high quality, entertaining and well realized. The problem is that with a lack of a well-constructed story and genuine emotions, these scenes are often hollow. Expand
  78. Apr 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely the worst of the bunch. The special effects and action scenes are absolutely fantastic in this movie, but that's about it's only redeeming feature. The love scenes throughout this movie just scream awkward and just had me wanting to skip over them. I really can't get over how wrong Kirsten Dunst was for the role of MJ, she doesn't even try to act like Mary Jane, she just gets thrown a couple of script lines that are what you might call Mary Jane Watson's catchphrases. Another problem with this movie, was that there were so many villains, that you didn't feel any emotional connection to any of them. I'll start with the Green Goblin (Harry Osborn), I think one word can describe the major screw-up here "snowboard" or "skateboard" what ever you think best describes his new glider. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? He didn't even get given the awesome suit that the original Green Goblin had! Now Venom; probably my favourite Spider-man villain ever, he deserved so much more, he should have had a film dedicated to him and not had to share the movie with the Green Goblin AND the Sandman. I didn't have a problem with the actor playing Eddie Brock but his hatred toward's Spider-man just got brushed over and I felt like his hate towards him was irrational.
    If you look at this film on paper it should have been fantastic, but I just feel like something went terribly wrong after the last movie. I think with everything that got put into this one, the movie and it's characters got stretched very thin and it lost what the last two had. Thankgod spider-man is getting a reboot, it definitely needs it after this one.
  79. Mar 6, 2011
    This is the worst Spider-Man movie yet, the stupid story and TERRIBLE plot twist with Sandman was RETARDED!!!! and they completely shafted Venom, even though it's so flawed I still got enjoyment out of this, this will sharply divide fans.
  80. Mar 3, 2011
    When I saw the poster and trailer of this movie, I was excited to see this movie in theatres. But when I saw it, it wasn't what I expected. I think this was the goofiest Spiderman movie that I wish was fixed. My friends absolutly hated this movie and called it "The Worst Spiderman Movie EVER", it was out of control. I only met one person that actually LOVED this movie, I don't know whatWhen I saw the poster and trailer of this movie, I was excited to see this movie in theatres. But when I saw it, it wasn't what I expected. I think this was the goofiest Spiderman movie that I wish was fixed. My friends absolutly hated this movie and called it "The Worst Spiderman Movie EVER", it was out of control. I only met one person that actually LOVED this movie, I don't know what type of drugs he was taking during the movie. To me, I didn't like it either. The first problem, is that it had too many villians in 1 film (Goblin Jr., Sandman, Venom, and Dark Spiderman). Second, Venom was only on film for about 10 minutes, I have know idea how they can put my favorite villian in the last minutes of the film. Third, Emo Peter, he was just so goofy when he had that black suit, it made Spiderman look like a joke than a badass. Forth, the dance scene, this shouldn't have ever been put in a Spiderman movie at all. I think this was more of a spoof comic book movie, like "Batman and Robin". But others say, "This should not be part of the trilogy, it should't be called Spiderman 3". And suprisingly, I agree to that. If people liked this movie, thats fine. I didn't like it. Expand
  81. Feb 19, 2011
    Such a disappointing film after the incredible Spider-Man 2. Way too many storylines and way too many villains. The Sandman's storyline was intriguing, and I enjoyed watching James Franco's transformation, but they were buried among a handful of other plots. After this film I guess there was little chance of Raimi saving this franchise making a re-boot necessary. It's a shame because ISuch a disappointing film after the incredible Spider-Man 2. Way too many storylines and way too many villains. The Sandman's storyline was intriguing, and I enjoyed watching James Franco's transformation, but they were buried among a handful of other plots. After this film I guess there was little chance of Raimi saving this franchise making a re-boot necessary. It's a shame because I really enjoyed Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man and the first two films in the series were very promising. Expand
  82. Jan 29, 2011
    i was so excited for this movie i liked the first 2 spider-man movies . i thought for sure sam rami would get it right in the 3rd especially when i heard venom was gonna finnaly be in it. let me say right off the bat im a HUGE Venom fan . he is my favorite comic book hero/villian . even when i heard topher grace was gona be eddie brock i still stayed positive . not like i have any thingi was so excited for this movie i liked the first 2 spider-man movies . i thought for sure sam rami would get it right in the 3rd especially when i heard venom was gonna finnaly be in it. let me say right off the bat im a HUGE Venom fan . he is my favorite comic book hero/villian . even when i heard topher grace was gona be eddie brock i still stayed positive . not like i have any thing against topher i like him in that 70s show but really!? topher grace .... as eddie brock ... yeeaaaah... not the right choice on that casting call. they just destroyed him in this film and after hearing rami's excuse of venom was to much of a 1 demensional charicter and not intresting enough to star as the villian just proved that rami was not the spider-man fan he said he was and had no buisness in hell touching this film. there was to much going on and not enough devolpment on really any thing and yes the dance seen with parker was rancid dog ass. the action was great but thats the only thing in this movie that was great. the plot of this should have started out with spider-man fighting scorpion in the first half of the film and gettin the black suite and needing it to beat him then focused on venom second half . then having spidy beating Venom and NOT for the love of god killing him and then bringing in Venom and Carnage tag teaming spider man in the next movie. that would have been awsome and i would have praised sam rami as a freekin genous and true spider-man fan . i wana say he's a giant douchebag... but he still mad Army of darkness which is a freekin awsome movie .so ill just call him a dumb ass for now. Expand
  83. Jan 27, 2011
    Not the best Spider-man movie in the series, but the action scenes were probably the best n the series out of all the other Spider-man films. The only letdown for this film is the story I didn't particular like the story to this film, I thought the story was all over the place and a bit rushed.
  84. Nov 7, 2010
    wasn't as good as the first two movies, but its visuals were still great
  85. Oct 7, 2010
    To be honest, I didn't what was so bad about this movie! I've heard complaints about Venom, too many villains, etc. Well, whatever! I don't care for any of that! As long as I'm entertained, that's all that matters for me!
  86. Aug 24, 2010
    How can you screw up Venom? They made a pure mockery of his character and overall persona -- not to mention Spider-Man himself. There is nothing wrong with going through an emotional time, but the overall presentation of Peter's gradual change is cheesy and disturbing.
  87. CatherineN.
    Oct 17, 2009
    Spider Man could be a good teaching material for children, especially the Episode One. Spider Man
  88. PeterP.
    Aug 27, 2009
    Hey, Christopher P. (below) get a grip man, it was a comic book movie!! If you want reality, go watch a documentary! This movie was entertaining and fun to watch. Venom deserved his own movie though! Keep making em' big Raimi and I can't wait for part 4 starring Carnage and Reptile!!
  89. SS
    Aug 19, 2009
    The worst sequel I've ever seen to a good movie. What was Raimi on when he made this piece of crap?! Its like all the actors forgot how to act, all the writers forgot how to write! This travesty reduces the glory of Spider-Man, one of the greatest superheroes of all time, to a streaming pile of dog droppings. When you see Tobey, fresh from his emo stupor sway dancing through the The worst sequel I've ever seen to a good movie. What was Raimi on when he made this piece of crap?! Its like all the actors forgot how to act, all the writers forgot how to write! This travesty reduces the glory of Spider-Man, one of the greatest superheroes of all time, to a streaming pile of dog droppings. When you see Tobey, fresh from his emo stupor sway dancing through the crowds midway through the picture, that should be a good indication to leave the theater, if you haven't done so already. Expand
  90. ljh
    Jul 15, 2009
    The action sequences in this film are pretty impressive, and the narrative works well too. But there are some moments that are just cringe-worthy. When a film actually includes the line 'he seems to have appeared from no where, just when all hope seemed lost', that's when it makes you want to gag. Plus watching a talented actor like Toby McGuire being wasted on trying to The action sequences in this film are pretty impressive, and the narrative works well too. But there are some moments that are just cringe-worthy. When a film actually includes the line 'he seems to have appeared from no where, just when all hope seemed lost', that's when it makes you want to gag. Plus watching a talented actor like Toby McGuire being wasted on trying to portray a 'badass' Spidey is just embarrassing. What makes this point worse is that when Harry (another central character) goes through his evil phase as the new Goblin, it's a lot more convincing and interesting. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn;t enjoy the film, it just took the whole 'cheesey' factor way too far. Expand
  91. AnonymousMC
    Jun 18, 2009
    Spider-Man 3 is just a huge disappointment. There are some things I loved about the film and things I disliked about the film and things I just downright hated about the film. Not a terrible movie at all, not in the slightest. I had fun with it in some places and I liked its message, so I'm gonna be nice and give it a seven. By no means a bad movie, but definitely a disappointmentSpider-Man 3 is just a huge disappointment. There are some things I loved about the film and things I disliked about the film and things I just downright hated about the film. Not a terrible movie at all, not in the slightest. I had fun with it in some places and I liked its message, so I'm gonna be nice and give it a seven. By no means a bad movie, but definitely a disappointment compared to the first two films. Expand
  92. ChristopherP.
    Dec 24, 2008
    Insensible, hollow, soulless crap, even moreso if compared to the previous chapter. Nothing about it works like it should. There are plot illogicalities that will make absolutely anyone ask themselves, "Huh?" For starters, why did Parker think it was a good idea to make out with that new girl in front of everyone, then follow up with a planned proposal to his official girlfriend? Was he Insensible, hollow, soulless crap, even moreso if compared to the previous chapter. Nothing about it works like it should. There are plot illogicalities that will make absolutely anyone ask themselves, "Huh?" For starters, why did Parker think it was a good idea to make out with that new girl in front of everyone, then follow up with a planned proposal to his official girlfriend? Was he oblivious that she just might be there watching the whole time? Then, when the girl shows up out of nowhere and talks about how she kissed Spider-Man, it never seems to register in him that something's not right then. So then, after it's proven that Parker's a douche, we immediately are given a sad scene with Parker crying as we learn Sandman was his uncle's killer. Uh, okay, I thought the movie wanted me to feel resentment for Parker's overt arrogance for a second there, but this sad music wants me to feel sympathetic for something else? Also, I know a romantic subplot is necessary, and I expected it completely, but most of this movie was a soap opera, one for which I wasn't rooting for the main angst figure that is Parker. Parker does stupid, insensitive things the entire film. When he's not making us hate him by hurting everyone's emotions (and, in Harry's case, detonating a grenade next to his face), he's trying to do it by being a whiny little bitch who doesn't seem to understand why any of it's happening. The soap opera factor reaches critical mass, though, when Harry tells Parker he's "the other guy" that MJ is after, right after MJ tells him in tears that it's over while he pulls out his engagement ring, also in tears. I understand some amount of drama is to be expected in this movie, but we're so relentlessly bombarded with histrionic drivel and sad piano music it's impossible not to get sick of it long before it's over. I mean, for Christ's sake, we get an -AMNESIA- plot device, one that's become a parody for TV dramas in itself. Further, one of my main reasons for going into the theater was to see Venom kick some ass. Unfortunately, while the romantic subplot was unfolding, and something which I guess is supposed to resemble comic relief in the infamous "emo-Parker" sequences, I spent the first two-thirds of the movie asking myself, "Where the Hell is Venom?" When he finally got on, we get nothing at all worth watching. Also, referring back to the grenade exploding a few inches by Harry's face, if anyone didn't notice, that same grenade that managed to cause just a burn completely obliterated Venom. Nothing else really comes together to redeem it. The dialogue is unbelievably stupid and trite, the special effects are overproduced to oblivion and silliness, and the best parts involved the news station comedy bits. Don't even get me started on the emo-Parker comic relief scene, which could not possibly have been more over-the-top inappropriate. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be laughing, or if it was some kind of message about Parker still being a spiteful jerk. I saw no good reason to feel bad for him while he cold-heartedly caused every event of his own miserable luck. Crushingly disappointing after the ridiculously awesome previous entry. Just abysmal. Expand
  93. JoeS
    Jul 22, 2008
    Horrible compared to the first two, this was more of a chick flick
  94. kurtc
    Jul 13, 2008
    A pretty good film, though not really a magnificent one. In the comics Venom is muscular and cool. In here, he's some skinny wimp.
  95. JP
    Jun 8, 2008
    Words cannot adequately describe how bad this movie is. Flat acting performances, cringe-inducing and often pointless dialogue, ridiculous action scenes, an plot that's both overstuffed and riddled with holes, and don't get me started on the Spiderman 'dance' scenes. I'm also still trying to figure out who was behind a couple of the casting decisions (Topher Grace Words cannot adequately describe how bad this movie is. Flat acting performances, cringe-inducing and often pointless dialogue, ridiculous action scenes, an plot that's both overstuffed and riddled with holes, and don't get me started on the Spiderman 'dance' scenes. I'm also still trying to figure out who was behind a couple of the casting decisions (Topher Grace as Eddie Brock? Really guys?) and the handling of the Peter Parker/MJ 'relationship' (if that's what you can call what went on in this movie). Avoid at all costs. Expand
  96. DevonC
    May 29, 2008
    Spider-man 3 is very disappointing. Raimi did so well with the first two. But look at this crap, it deserves no awards. It has one really good scene, which I will not identify, but every other scene was either off, cheesy, bizarre, over the top, weak, or just simply bad or stupid.
  97. SamG
    May 8, 2008
    Abysmal.Overly-long, terrible acting all-round (with the possible exception of Hayden-Church), Parker dancing, giving kirsten dunst TWO songs, awful dialogue, messy fight-scenes and worst of all, a shot of spiderman posing in front of the American flag. Don't get me wrong I've got nothing against America or patriotism, but that made me feel nauseous. Utterly rubbish.
  98. SteveO
    May 7, 2008
    Spider-Man was a classic and even Spider-Man 2 was good enough to keep me entertained... Spider-Man 3, however, is a bunch of BS. Everything seemed to collapse. What happened to the story and acting? This is a bunch of nonsense! Unreal and stupid.
  99. JackB
    Apr 27, 2008
    I enjoyed this film and the review ive given it is possibly skewed having just witnessed "The Condemned" which enters the top 10 worst films of all time. Spider-man takes a different approach from the first 2 films coming to blows with friends and loved ones from the start. His character is developing and more so in this film than the previous 2. I'm not a fan of the comics, so im I enjoyed this film and the review ive given it is possibly skewed having just witnessed "The Condemned" which enters the top 10 worst films of all time. Spider-man takes a different approach from the first 2 films coming to blows with friends and loved ones from the start. His character is developing and more so in this film than the previous 2. I'm not a fan of the comics, so im not sure about the history etc and can understand some fans anger, however purely as someone new to the film/series, i enjoyed it overall. I enjoyed seeing something a bit different. What irritated me was the lack of explanation, what on earth was that evil black thing? SPOLIER - When Harry pinned Mary Jane up against the wall then she dumped Peter, what was actually said there? The film however does provide some answers. Combine a decent script with a mega budget, plenty of action and a good cast and you're set. A good film to watch on a Saturday night with the family or a few mates...or the girlfriend. Personally i watched it alone and that was fine too! Expand
  100. AshleyM.
    Mar 30, 2008
    This movie was artistically amazing and had a lot of great aspects!!!

1. The wow factor works overtime with state-of-the-art effects sequences that often are as beautiful as they are astonishing.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A sense of strain envelops the proceedings this time around. One can feel the effort required to suit up one more time, come up with fresh variations on a winning formula and inject urgency into a format that basically needs to be repeated and, due to audience expectations, can't be toyed with or deepened very much.
    Overly long and complicated, it's packed with crowd-pleasing moments and satisfactorily wraps up the trilogy - without quite capturing the magic of the first two installments.