7.8

1. Sep 21, 2011
    "Spiderman" is a movie that flows like a comic; its rough but smooth, has deep character depth with witty dialogue, and most of all its pure fun just to watch your friendly neighborhood swing into widescreen action.
  2. Jun 21, 2011
    This, along with X-Men from 2000, paved the way to the great comic book movie renaissance of the 2000s. A true masterpiece that will be remembered by many Spider-Man fans all over the world.
  3. Nov 7, 2010
    Tobey Macguire's excellent performance
  4. Aug 2, 2013
    Before the "Amazing" era began, there was another Spider-Man outing with Sam Raimi at the helm, leaving behind his horror roots to try his hand at the superhero craze that was sweeping Hollywood, and bring the webbed creature to the big screen, and he did so in a big way.
    We get an origin tale with a light-hearted tone to show how Peter Parker, played by Tobey Maguire, gets bitten to the an infected spider and starts to develop superhuman abilities such as web swinging and strength, something he keeps secretive from everybody else, his aunt, his best friend Harry James Franco) and the "girl next door" Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst).
    But with every hero comes a villain, and the perfect storm is brewing I'm the form of Norman Osborn (Willem Dafoe), father to Harry and an almost father to Peter, a man obsessed with bettering the human condition, something he does to himself by administering a powerful drug which unleashes another side to the man, and not a very good side.
    The concept of Spider-Man was always interesting as the likes of Norman Osborn being a primary villain played very close to the heart, he knows the people he is hurting, making the the pacing of the film much more personal and relevant. Each character has a connection and relationship with the next person and it feels much more fluid for this.
    The film itself is a visual marvel, with the scenes of Spidey swinging through the city quite a delight to watch, and this is blended in with a humorous opening that takes a much more mellow and less serious approach which is a welcome change, they have colourful characters including the undeniable brilliance of J.K. Simmons playing J. Jonah Jameson, his wit, loudness and larger than life personality are standout moments of the film, Tobey Maguire also delivers a convincing performance as our masked spider, he is like a little child at Christmas bouncing around the screen, giving a different feel to the average superhuman.
    But with the light tone there does come a sense of it being very cartoon-like, with a musical score that reflects this, but there is plenty to be said about the the emotional punch the film has to pack, with very quotable and heart-wrenching dialogue throughout.
    It's a real kickstarter to a very successful story, and perhaps one of the benchmarks to the overwhelming craze of superhero films today.
  5. Jan 28, 2011
    Many people do not know the true impact of Spider-Man. However, it is revolutionary to the comic book industry. It keeps enough of the comic book feel with the characters and story, which are both excellent. Spider-Man also entertains, makes us laugh, has a powerful script with emotional scenes, excellent stars, and awesome action. This is a comic book movie at it's finest. This is theMany people do not know the true impact of Spider-Man. However, it is revolutionary to the comic book industry. It keeps enough of the comic book feel with the characters and story, which are both excellent. Spider-Man also entertains, makes us laugh, has a powerful script with emotional scenes, excellent stars, and awesome action. This is a comic book movie at it's finest. This is the gift, the revolution. What is it? It's Spider-Man! Expand
  6. May 26, 2013
    The original Spider-Man in my eyes and while its probably been overshadowed now by the remake I still really enjoyed this one. A little corny perhaps but in a way that simply works thanks to the actors and characters in the film they play. Maguire plays a respectable Peter Parker and gives the character a likability that other actors would not have given. It's a great storyline also thatThe original Spider-Man in my eyes and while its probably been overshadowed now by the remake I still really enjoyed this one. A little corny perhaps but in a way that simply works thanks to the actors and characters in the film they play. Maguire plays a respectable Peter Parker and gives the character a likability that other actors would not have given. It's a great storyline also that moves well with a villain that was actually pretty creepy. Overall a solid comic book film with good sequels! Expand
  7. Jun 4, 2013
    Sam Raimi did a good job. Tobey was great as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and James Franco was great as Harry Osborn. The Green Goblin reminded me very much of the Joker although his suit was a little silly. Some of the dialogue was cheesy but it doesn't matter. I liked the Stan Lee cameo even though they're all great. Its a really good Spider-Man movie.
  8. Aug 23, 2010
    Geek gets bitten by "special" spider, gets spider powers, in love with mates girlfriend, mate has rich weird dad, look out here comes the Spiderman.
    Very good Superhero flick with fast-paced action & big effects. Decent cast & Willem Dafoe is as good as he usually is.
    Shame they had to ruin all the good work by playing the thoroughly dreadful Nickelback at the end.
  9. Jan 5, 2011
    ok... but could be a lot better and some of you state this is one of the greatest movies of all time! Well... how old are you 6?! it's a 3 from me and there shouldn't be a rating higher!
  10. Apr 22, 2014
    Having been bitten by a radioactive spider nerdy teen Peter Parker suddenly finds himself endowed with spider-like abilities. Able to sense danger and cling to walls he uses these powers to stop crime around New York City.

The story of Spiderman is of course well known amongst comic and movie fans and the first in the trilogy deals with Peter Parkers attempts to deal with his new found abilities whilst fighting off the unwanted attentions of The Green Goblin. The movie is of course action packed featuring some breathtaking scenes but director Sam Raimi also brings the humorous dialogue from his days working on Xena: Warrior Princess making for a thoroughly enjoyable watch.
  11. Nov 6, 2011
    Like I need to tell you but Spider-Man tells the story of Peter Parker, A relatively normal kid who gets bitten by a genetically enhanced spider which turns him into part human, part spider. He discovers he now possesses the ability to shoot webs, to scale walls and a 6th sense when it comes to danger. That being said there are obvious growing pains and Spider-Man handles them with beautyLike I need to tell you but Spider-Man tells the story of Peter Parker, A relatively normal kid who gets bitten by a genetically enhanced spider which turns him into part human, part spider. He discovers he now possesses the ability to shoot webs, to scale walls and a 6th sense when it comes to danger. That being said there are obvious growing pains and Spider-Man handles them with beauty and heart with characters you really care about starting with Parker, who is played to perfection by Tobey Maguire. The rest of the cast also shines with Kirsten Dunst and Rosemary Harris standing out as the women in Peters life. The direction is everything you expect from a popcorn flick but is also incredibly unique with Spidermans movements through the air looking majestic while completely realistic (considering the story). In fact there are very few flaws to Spiderman with it showing that everyone has put their all into the film. If I was forced to pick a problem it would be the slightly disappointing end fight between Spiderman and the Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe) but even that is clutching at straws. Overall as origin stories go this ones got real class. Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2011
    Good movie. It has a great way of telling the story, even though it is slow in some parts. I wish that there could have been more action though. It is a good superhero movie.
  13. Jun 9, 2012
    In light of the release of its reboot ( a little bit too soon though), the original Spider-Man paves the way for super heroes to be portrayed (spandex and all) as accurate as possible on the silver screen. It has uneven special effects in comparison to what you have these days (it did come out 10 years ago), but Spider-Man encapsulates the best of the super hero genre: heart felt, actionIn light of the release of its reboot ( a little bit too soon though), the original Spider-Man paves the way for super heroes to be portrayed (spandex and all) as accurate as possible on the silver screen. It has uneven special effects in comparison to what you have these days (it did come out 10 years ago), but Spider-Man encapsulates the best of the super hero genre: heart felt, action packed, pulse pounding. You'll laugh as Peter Parker discovered his powers for the first time. You'll cringe when he was beaten to a pulp by the goblin in its finale. It paved the way for the new Batman trilogy by Chris Nolan and other Marvel Studios films. A classic. Expand
  14. May 18, 2012
    Spider-Man was fantastic the story was well written and the characters were amazing. The acting was superb Tobey Maguire was the perfect Peter Parker, and Kirsten Dunst shined in her role as Mary Jane Watson. The Green Goblin was played fantastically by Willem Dafoe, and Rosemary Harris as Aunt May was terrific.

This was defiantly the best movie of the original Spider-Man movies in my

This was defiantly the best movie of the original Spider-Man movies in my opinion. And perhaps the best film version of a comic series.
  15. Jul 5, 2013
    A ultimate movie.......................................................................................................................................
  16. Nov 12, 2012
    Spider-Man jumps into what seems to be a third-act way too quickly. I want to know more about Peter Parker's past. Who were his parents? How did they die? Though the action is very good, the film seems far to anxious to get to it.
  17. Mar 14, 2013
    An alright Spider-man movie. Sam Raimi did a decent job at telling his origin story. However the special effects were a bit sloppy at times and the Green Goblin's costume was just a joke. William Dafoe on the other hand was extremely good as Norman Osborn and really did a great job capturing his mentality (overdoing it a tad at time, but overall a good effort on his part.) Overall:An alright Spider-man movie. Sam Raimi did a decent job at telling his origin story. However the special effects were a bit sloppy at times and the Green Goblin's costume was just a joke. William Dafoe on the other hand was extremely good as Norman Osborn and really did a great job capturing his mentality (overdoing it a tad at time, but overall a good effort on his part.) Overall: Considering when it came out, it was a very good movie that had allot of minor flaws but it was still enjoyable none the less. Expand
  18. Aug 23, 2013
    GreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttGreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Expand
  19. Jul 27, 2014
    With an even pace, above average action scenes, and genuine emotional depth, it'll be enjoyable throughout the whole two hours. A thoughtful story about a man who becomes a superhero, and tries to win the heart of his longtime crush. There were so many ways to f**k this up, and Sam Raimi didn't do that here. Here, he succeeded admirably. I still think Kirsten Dunst is annoying.
  20. Sep 20, 2013
    One of the best superhero movies out there, Spider-man delivers the kind of summer blockbuster punch that movie junkies are looking for without all the extra bull**** that some big-budget movies tend to do nowadays.
  21. Nov 15, 2013
    An instant classic for superhero movies, succeeding with it's emotionally engaging and strong story, clever dialogue and well developed characters. Even the humor is extremely well done. Spider-Man is a great movie (Final Score: 8.65)
  22. Oct 25, 2013
    Uno de los comienzos más galardonados de una trilogía. Esta película dio orígen a lo que sería una gran época dorada para Spider-man, un film espectacular que da gusto ver y ver sin un día que te canses.
  23. Jan 17, 2014
    Tobey played Peter Parker Spider-Man perfectly and Norman Osborn / Green Goblin half nutty and very charismatic. Love fine line between Parker and Mary Jane. The special effects are good, but the story is good. All the main characters in this film are losing loved ones. The film is funny, cool, interesting, and not where it is not sagging.
  24. Apr 21, 2014
    Everything in this movie was done right. The story , the iconic lines, the characters. Tobey Malgory couldnt have done it any better, his humble role as the underdog teen felt realy perfect with this movie, making the audiance realy support him.
  25. Sep 5, 2014
    This was the most defining moment in Marvel movie history. The action scenes between the Goblin and Spidey are unmatched even today, 12 years after its release. Spider-Man is an epic superhero film with terrific acting and amazing fight sequences; it's a real treat to big time Spider-Man fanatics, like myself.
    10/10.
  26. Jul 26, 2014
    I have seen this movie when i was little i was amazed that the talent Toby Maguire had as Spider man/ peter parker and the cast also Willem Dafoe as the posessed Villon . Any movie that has talent that a director who knows the story and tells the story from not his or her version but based on a writers version of it thats what tim burton has or any director. I have seen Sam Raimi'sI have seen this movie when i was little i was amazed that the talent Toby Maguire had as Spider man/ peter parker and the cast also Willem Dafoe as the posessed Villon . Any movie that has talent that a director who knows the story and tells the story from not his or her version but based on a writers version of it thats what tim burton has or any director. I have seen Sam Raimi's work on evil dead trilogy, darkman, drag me to hell. He creates characters like example Ash who knows what hes doing he's a hero that kicks ass he risks everything that a hero would do. hero or a villian that had a good side or a bad side. thats what classics heros do like batman or superman , or whatever hero that had a bad time like in the past or whatever. thats what Raimi Created a ultimate classic by Raimi. Grade A Expand
  27. Jul 5, 2014
    Tobey Maguire is a great Spidey and Kirsten Dunst is not hard to look at. This is a classic and a good one, I highly recommend it for the fans of the webslinger.
  28. Apr 27, 2014
    Sam Raimi's 2002 movie "Spider-Man" is a testament on how a good superhero movie is done. This also paved the way for future superhero movies with it's groundbreaking effects (for it's time) and likeable cast with Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, William Dafoe as Norman Osborn, Kristen Dunst as Mary Jane and James Franco as Harry Osborn. Everything just works in this movie. Great villain.Sam Raimi's 2002 movie "Spider-Man" is a testament on how a good superhero movie is done. This also paved the way for future superhero movies with it's groundbreaking effects (for it's time) and likeable cast with Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, William Dafoe as Norman Osborn, Kristen Dunst as Mary Jane and James Franco as Harry Osborn. Everything just works in this movie. Great villain. Great action. Great storytelling. Just a good movie across the board. Expand
  29. Apr 18, 2014
    CC: This film is a mixed bag especially given how big a part of my childhood it was. On one end most of the acting is good, the first half of the movie is really good, and the film is fun with a nice feel good atmosphere. At the same time the film is bogged down by a not as good second half with little supposed, some cheesy dialogue, and some not so great acting. At the end of day though ICC: This film is a mixed bag especially given how big a part of my childhood it was. On one end most of the acting is good, the first half of the movie is really good, and the film is fun with a nice feel good atmosphere. At the same time the film is bogged down by a not as good second half with little supposed, some cheesy dialogue, and some not so great acting. At the end of day though I still have fun watching this movie and prefer it over the reboot. It’s a fun summer blockbuster, which is what it should be and is worth a watch. Expand
  30. Dec 2, 2012
    Spider-Man is a fun superhero movie. It's colorful and has some good fights between hero and villain. Beyond that, there is not much else to say. It's not a masterpiece or anything but Spider-Man does more than enough to entertain through it's running time.
  31. May 3, 2011
    I've watched the movie Spider-Man with my father and younger brother at least 30 times since it came out on DVD, and a few more times on my own. It's the only film I've ever seen that I can watch over and over again and never get sick of. I was seven years old when it first came out and I was thrilled by it, but unlike many other movies I liked as a little kid it still holds up reallyI've watched the movie Spider-Man with my father and younger brother at least 30 times since it came out on DVD, and a few more times on my own. It's the only film I've ever seen that I can watch over and over again and never get sick of. I was seven years old when it first came out and I was thrilled by it, but unlike many other movies I liked as a little kid it still holds up really well. Willem Dafoe was the perfect choice for the Green Goblin, and I have no complaints about the rest of the cast either, though I have heard some about Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst being chosen for their respective roles. Aside from that, the action scenes are exhilarating and the drama was compelling enough to make this movie really memorable for me. The only reason I don't give it a perfect 10 is because I get a bit nostalgic when I watch it, and I'm afraid that makes me the tiniest bit biased. Expand
  32. Dec 5, 2012
    How did spider-man get such good reviews let's face it this movie is terrible.The acting is just awful some of the worst acting I have ever seen.Toby Maguire is definitely the worst choice for the role of spider-man his acting sucks and and he goes on and on like a baboon.The storyline there is no word to describe how terrible and awful it is.If I had to review this movie in 2002 I wouldHow did spider-man get such good reviews let's face it this movie is terrible.The acting is just awful some of the worst acting I have ever seen.Toby Maguire is definitely the worst choice for the role of spider-man his acting sucks and and he goes on and on like a baboon.The storyline there is no word to describe how terrible and awful it is.If I had to review this movie in 2002 I would have given it a perfect 10.As I did not know the difference between a good film and a terrible film.Having seen it again on TV yesterday I can with pride know the difference between a good film and and a terrible one and spider-man is one of the worst films in history.It is by far not worth a 10. spider-man is only worth a 0 and it deserve's the 0 hands down., Expand
  33. Aug 25, 2011
    It's not a huge stand out now with all the superhero movies but in 2002 it was pretty significant. It doesn't have a great script but it's entertaining enough
  34. Sep 17, 2011
    This was the first Marvel film I ever watched, and for this fact I have a large respect for this movie (clearly Sony doesn't respect this series at all, which is how the reboot came to pass) It has a decent story and solid acting, but the Green Goblin's dialogue was just AWFUL and many of the visual effects did not age well. Despite this, it provides plenty of superhero excitement and funThis was the first Marvel film I ever watched, and for this fact I have a large respect for this movie (clearly Sony doesn't respect this series at all, which is how the reboot came to pass) It has a decent story and solid acting, but the Green Goblin's dialogue was just AWFUL and many of the visual effects did not age well. Despite this, it provides plenty of superhero excitement and fun for all tastes. Expand
  35. Jul 18, 2012
    I found Maguire portrayed Spider-Man in an accurate way - I don't think Parker is supposed to be cool and Maguire had that specific look about him. The story itself was entertaining, although it was slightly imbalanced in the way that we saw too much of Spider-Man rather than the villain, but that's not a particular problem, in way of the style of development of the story. Many of myI found Maguire portrayed Spider-Man in an accurate way - I don't think Parker is supposed to be cool and Maguire had that specific look about him. The story itself was entertaining, although it was slightly imbalanced in the way that we saw too much of Spider-Man rather than the villain, but that's not a particular problem, in way of the style of development of the story. Many of my concerns were with Mary Jane, who I felt kind of interfered in some scenes where she tried too hard to look independent but it was obviously see through as she behaved much more desperate and helpless. The villain was O.K, but I think his costume looked a bit childish and plasticky. This film is entertaining but it is flawed. Maguire is an extremely good Spider-Man - much better suited to the role than Garfield - but it was mostly the other characters who needed more space and time to improve in light of the flaws that I have pointed out. Expand
  36. Dec 9, 2011
    It wasnt that bad. The acting wasnt as good as I expected but the story was solid and Green Goblin was a great start off villian for the film. I think fans of the series would enjoy it.
  37. Apr 18, 2012
    Spider-Man is a great movie. The character development is incredibly well done, and the action of the movie is good as well. It has impacted what superhero movies of the 21st century. It was the first Marvel movie, after X-Men of course, that blew up at the box office. An amazing movie that deserves a watch even by those who are not Spidey fans.
  38. Jul 4, 2012
    Sam Raimi's orginal Spider-Man was a great film, but not without flaws. Tobey Maguire is a great choice for the science nerd, Peter Parker. As Spider-man though, sometimes he does fall flat though because Spidey is supposed to be eccentric delivering witty one-liners as he whacks bad guys. I would have loved to seen more of this in the movie, but it still doesn't take away from the overallSam Raimi's orginal Spider-Man was a great film, but not without flaws. Tobey Maguire is a great choice for the science nerd, Peter Parker. As Spider-man though, sometimes he does fall flat though because Spidey is supposed to be eccentric delivering witty one-liners as he whacks bad guys. I would have loved to seen more of this in the movie, but it still doesn't take away from the overall value of the film. The origin story of Spider-man is amazingly well done in this movie but in some parts the movie falls apart. There are some cheesy moments in the film which didn't impress me at all such as the entire scene when the Green Goblin appears and the NYC parade float. These scenes do take away from the movie, which is a true shame. Kirsten Dunst was an excellent choice for Mary Jane Watson as was James Franco for Harry Osborn and Williem Dafoe as Norman Osborn. The build up to Peter discovering his powers is brilliant executed especially the bully scene during the beginning. Overall, Spider-man is a much more solid film than the newer reboot, The Amazing Spider-man, with Andrew Garfield. Expand
  39. Nov 11, 2013
    "Spider-Man" is a fun comic-book movie, but quite a lot of the acting is pretty cheesy and unreal too. It has good fight scenes between the hero and villain, that's probably all I can say about the film. The movie just doesn't feel satisfying when it's over.
  40. Jul 7, 2012
    This movie is absolutely amazing, the cast is perfect. Tobey Maguire as the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, Kirsten Dunst as the beautiful Mary Jane and Willem Dafoe as the deranged criminal psychopath the Green Goblin.
  41. Jul 12, 2012
    Silly and over-the-top at times, with sometimes cheesy special effects, but Spider-Man works because of the cast's chemistry with each other and their likableness, as well as the genuine fun that occurs whenever Spidey is involved. Emotional scenes were done well, also.
  42. Aug 12, 2012
    Intentionally campy, but a great deal of fun and heart in all of it.Intentionally campy, but a great deal of fun and heart in all of it. Intentionally campy, but a great deal of fun and heart in all of it.
  43. Nov 25, 2012
    I never was a "Marvel" comics fan, so my background knowledge of the web-crawler isn't too great. Still, based on 60's cartoons (and the more recent excellent animated series), I know most of the basics. This movie actually lived up to the hype which I'd been hearing. The effects actually did make it seem like Maguire/Parker had spider-powers (unlike the original "Superman", which I,I never was a "Marvel" comics fan, so my background knowledge of the web-crawler isn't too great. Still, based on 60's cartoons (and the more recent excellent animated series), I know most of the basics. This movie actually lived up to the hype which I'd been hearing. The effects actually did make it seem like Maguire/Parker had spider-powers (unlike the original "Superman", which I, for one, did NOT believe a man could fly). The inner turmoil which Peter goes though is presented in excellent fashion by Maguire. I dare say, from now on, his 'interpretation' of the character is the one which I'll carry with me, unless a better one comes along (and I can't see that happening any time soon). Overall, this was an enjoyable experience. Expand
  44. Nov 28, 2012
    For what it is, "Spider-Man" is still an outstanding adaptation of the comic hero I truly adore.
  45. Feb 12, 2013
    It had all the superhuman crap you expect from a superhero movie. This is the only time I liked Kirsten Dunst. The villain, however, was pathetic. There were a few good scenes. On the whole I enjoyed it, but it was nowhere near the perfect start to a franchise.
  46. Mar 14, 2013
    Spider-Man is an over the top, goofy, misdirected movie. The way that this movie pans out is along a very kid friendly approach with an immature vibe throughout. The relationship between Peter and Mary Jane is not fleshed out at all, there are too many useless, undeveloped characters that do not push the plot forward and only falter specific scenes. The movie's use of CGI is beyondSpider-Man is an over the top, goofy, misdirected movie. The way that this movie pans out is along a very kid friendly approach with an immature vibe throughout. The relationship between Peter and Mary Jane is not fleshed out at all, there are too many useless, undeveloped characters that do not push the plot forward and only falter specific scenes. The movie's use of CGI is beyond terrible, making movies like Star Wars Episode I look better, even if it had come out years before. The Action scenes aren't believable due to the poor CGI quality and the way these movies tear the comic books to pieces by not following the original plot at all is really disappointing to me. You might get a kick of old nostalgia by watching these movies, but be ready to sit through goofball acting, painful CGI, annoying extras, haltered plot points, and a very poor interpretation of Spider-Man. If you want to really see a good Spider-Man movie, watch "The Amazing Spider Man" directed by Marc Webb. Expand
  47. Mar 12, 2013
    I remember when i was little i always rented this movie from the video store and didn't wanted to give it back. Classic! An amazing experience i will never forget!
  48. Mar 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tobey McGuire leads this talented cast on an adaptation of the classic Marvel series of the same name. Heart wrenching in some scenes, such as the death of Uncle Ben and very good action scenes made this movie a true success, along with its screenwriting. Expand
  49. Jul 9, 2013
    el hombre araña mantiene la acción y emoción que cualquier fanático necesita para ir a comprar un disfraz a la primera impresión, peter parker demostró un comienzo de un superheroe sensacional.
  50. Aug 3, 2013
    Being my favorite superhero, Spider-Man is delivered with heart and a likable lead in Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker who shows a candid spirit towards his role. Despite some special effects being only average, overall Spider-Man is loads of fun.
  51. Jun 3, 2014
    The only worth of Raimi's films.........................................................................................................................
  52. Dec 2, 2013
    A decent starting point in the Spider-Man franchise which is only weakened by some Sam Raimi cheesiness and the worst Green Goblin costume ever featured.
  53. Nov 12, 2013
    Comic fans will rejoice.
    The highly anticipated Sam Rami hero flick Spider-man depicts practical faults of a special ,but still average young hero. With very dry acting and a very predictable plot; Spider-man simply learns to crawl.
  54. Apr 19, 2014
    The movie spider-man do not have enough action and the movie is too long.James Franco and Tobey Maguire are pretty good in their roles but the movie do not have what it takes to be a good movie.
  55. May 4, 2014
    For its time Spider-Man revolitionized comic book movies. the movie was so enjoyable and still is. Raimi's film is very campy but does feel very much like a spidey world. While Dunst isnt so compelling. Franco, Maquire, Simmons, and Dafoe defintally are a plus
  56. Aug 17, 2014
    "Spider-Man" is visually arresting and certainly balanced, and Dafoe is perfectly cast, but its cheesy romance between ill-matched Maguire and Dunst and some overacted dramatic moments overshadow a fresh start of a successful franchise.
  57. Oct 22, 2014
    Peter Parker (Maguire), after being bitten by a genetically altered spider, becomes Spider-Man, a hero of superhuman strength with the ability to cling to any surface. He dedicates himself to a life of fighting crime, while living a double life as a superhero and working student.
  58. Nov 12, 2014
    Muy buena película. Buena historia, buena acción, buenos efectos especiales y una buena música. Una adaptación perfecta del superhéroe arácnido de Marvel a la gran pantalla.

1. There's a particular upside-down, half-masked kiss that instantly becomes one of movie history's more memorable smooches. It's the kiss to send any teenaged boy on a spinning high, as well as launching the new age of arachnophilia.
  2. Spider-Man may look like an action comic come to life, but its best feature is its romance comic heart. It's that rare cartoon movie in which the villain is less involving than the love story.
  3. Despite all the computer-generated effects and highflying superhero theatrics, this roughly $120 million movie is, with few exceptions, remarkable only in its small human touches.