Spirited Away

9.0

1. KacieP.
    Jun 3, 2003
    Lizzie L., get a life. Most anime isn't for kids. Much of it is for teenagers and adults. And the way you talk sounds like some air-headed prep.
  2. Jennifer
    Jun 7, 2003
    Spirited Away is absolutely amazing. The story was excitlent and inviting. Not to mention the drawings, creative and original. Two thumbs up.
  3. JenniferM.
    Jun 7, 2003
    Spirited Away is completly amazing, it is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen. The art work and story is so extraordinary, which makes this movie so good. Two thumbs up.
  4. NatC.
    Jul 10, 2003
    I can't believe the people who gave this film a 6 or lower...even an 8 or a 7 is an insult. This movie inspired me! Shut up all you people who think it's an "Alice in wonderland rip-off". This was INSPIRED by that story! And if you ask me, this is the new "Alice in wonderland". ^^
  5. Atomickitten
    Jul 19, 2003
    This movie is all time, it is almost unbeleaveable that some one would not like it!
  6. KittenMeow
    Jul 25, 2003
    This movie is truly magical and inspiring.. Haku was definately my favourite character, i wish there was more anime like this.
  7. MelissaM.
    Aug 17, 2003
    Wow. A must see. Magical and enchanting. W-o-w.
  8. LizzyA.
    Aug 18, 2003
    This is the best Anime movie I have ever seen! It was mysterious, exciting, Heartrending, and it keeps your imagination wondering " what's going to happen next"!!!!! I love this Movie !!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. JoeW.
    Aug 19, 2003
    Amidst all the 10s and awesome reviews you get a cynical critic who can't be entertained by an imaginative and brilliant movie from another culture, and a superior talent and mind. Film is about images, and about creativity. Not all films have to be mired in a plot driven mess to be good, and this just happens to be one that is great. This film is amazing to regard, and wonderful to Amidst all the 10s and awesome reviews you get a cynical critic who can't be entertained by an imaginative and brilliant movie from another culture, and a superior talent and mind. Film is about images, and about creativity. Not all films have to be mired in a plot driven mess to be good, and this just happens to be one that is great. This film is amazing to regard, and wonderful to watch because of the wacky, disturbing and beautiful animation and ideas that American culture never gets enough of. We get the same movies replayed with different titles every year. Those that criticize the awkward plot or logic, just try to enjoy the film for what it is and what it set out to do: which was to take the viewers to a different world, and into the unique mind of Miyazaki. Expand
  10. Kyoji
    Aug 22, 2003
    This movie was awesome! I'm an anime fan myself and I've seen a lot of movies but this is really showing anime in a new light. I loved this movie! If you haven't seen it get your butt out there and do so!
  11. Aydenf.
    Aug 31, 2003
    Spirited Away is personally my favorite movie. I think they should make a Spirited Away 2. If they do, it could be called Haku's Return, or something like that. Anyway, I've seen Spirited Away 26 times and I still haven't gotten bored with it. Haku and Chihiro are my favorite characters. I really hope they make a sequel where Haku and Chihiro meet again. It would be really Spirited Away is personally my favorite movie. I think they should make a Spirited Away 2. If they do, it could be called Haku's Return, or something like that. Anyway, I've seen Spirited Away 26 times and I still haven't gotten bored with it. Haku and Chihiro are my favorite characters. I really hope they make a sequel where Haku and Chihiro meet again. It would be really great. If they do, I'd watch it over and over again. I love Spirited Away! Expand
  12. JessB.
    Sep 22, 2003
    Haku is the best!!!
  13. Dr.Apple
    Sep 28, 2003
    Excellent. The characters, the artistry, the slight dark edge all children films really need, it's all here. No Face deserves a movie all of his (her?) own. The only thing which was wrong with it was the ambiguous and slightly cloying ending. But even that was done better than just about any Disney film you're ever likely to see.
  14. JamesH.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Absolutely brilliant. I've never seen anything like it. Ever
  15. HarryL.
    Dec 9, 2004
    This movie is the best. I love it. IT's good for everyone to watch. I got so teary watching it.
  16. JoshuaK.
    Dec 9, 2004
    I thought that this was the best movie that I've ever seen in my entire life. Haku and Sen were great. Nothing is wrong with this movie.
  17. YaoXu
    Feb 24, 2004
    Excellent.
  18. MattK.
    Mar 21, 2004
    Probably my all time favorite movie of all time. I am not an anime freak, I am just a guy who loves to watch a good movie and this is a good movie. The music is the one thing about this movie that I always thought was overlooked. The music is breathtaking and deserves much more credit than it gets.
  19. EvilAngel
    Mar 23, 2004
    This movie Rocks! But I like Castle in the Sky better.
  20. D:E:C:
    Mar 7, 2004
    07/03/04 A moie is a movie difrent people are going to like diffrent movies, it is unstoppable. Spiritied is a fine work of art. the story line as far as i can se is well taugt over and the movie itself is well worth thinking over. You have to remember that this is NOT a diseny movie but a japanese one, originally made for a japanese audience that we have gotten a chance to share. It has 07/03/04 A moie is a movie difrent people are going to like diffrent movies, it is unstoppable. Spiritied is a fine work of art. the story line as far as i can se is well taugt over and the movie itself is well worth thinking over. You have to remember that this is NOT a diseny movie but a japanese one, originally made for a japanese audience that we have gotten a chance to share. It has a lot of worthwile moral aspects that are worth thinking over and i found that i got a great deal of enjoyment out of analyzing the movie. Expand
  21. StarV.
    Apr 22, 2004
    There is no other way to describe this movie but GREAT!!! WOW might work but great is the only way to describe this great movie!!!
  22. LindaL.
    Apr 4, 2004
    I love haku!! He is my favorite!! xoxoxo
  23. BrendaG.
    Apr 8, 2004
    I live in mty. and when i saw this movie i really get impressed it isn't like others it has one special message and i like started to investigate about this movie and now i buy it and i love it it's really cool the way they made you love it.
  24. LumiereT.
    May 1, 2004
    This film is truly a masterpiece and is my 2nd favorite animated film of all time only one out there better is Finding Nemo. It may seem a little weird but I like that because everything fits well. The Orchestral Soundtrack is great and fits the movie at all times and track 1 is just nice to listen to anyways. Well its been three years now and I'm really looking forward to This film is truly a masterpiece and is my 2nd favorite animated film of all time only one out there better is Finding Nemo. It may seem a little weird but I like that because everything fits well. The Orchestral Soundtrack is great and fits the movie at all times and track 1 is just nice to listen to anyways. Well its been three years now and I'm really looking forward to Miyazaki's next film as his films are usually Grade A films. If you like this film check out Kiki's Delivery Service, Graveyard of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke and any of the other studio ghibli films and it would be really weird to have your parents turned into pigs. This movie as you know won an oscar and anime films just don't do this much at all so you know its a really good film and it beat out Shrek in that festival in 2001 in berlin. Expand
  25. CocoL.
    May 12, 2004
    It is the kind of film you can watch 51 times without getting bored of (speaking from experience!)
  26. KayM.
    May 12, 2004
    Its the best movie, the people who gave 1 and 0 are stupid, they don't know anything about good movies. Barney is probllay good for them. one more reason why I gave the movie a 10 is because Haku looks soooooo hot and cute, I cannot name an animated boy who would hold the girl's hand and hug her by the shoulders.
  27. MeiM.
    May 16, 2004
    The reason I don't give 10 is that I believe nothing's perfect in the world. But...um, I have to say Spirited Away is really almost perfect.
  28. MoonlightRiver
    May 26, 2004
    This is probably the best film I or anyone else has every watched. It is so full of imagination, bringing us to a whole other world. It makes you want to be there to experience the adventure too. A masterpiece.
  29. GordonM.
    Jul 31, 2004
    Just to address another comment here, this movie is not "about" child prostitution and does not feature it in any way. It's true that in the film Chihiro works at a bath house, which, historically, also doubled as brothels. But the prostitutes were ADULT women who helped the customers bathe (etc.) and not the same women and girls who cleaned the baths between customers. Chihiro was Just to address another comment here, this movie is not "about" child prostitution and does not feature it in any way. It's true that in the film Chihiro works at a bath house, which, historically, also doubled as brothels. But the prostitutes were ADULT women who helped the customers bathe (etc.) and not the same women and girls who cleaned the baths between customers. Chihiro was the latter. The prostitution is not mentioned or addressed or even alluded to in any way in the movie, so that little nuance will fly under the radar of most people unless they already know this fact. Spirited Away is definitely safe for children to watch. Expand
  30. Moivelovers-you
    Aug 12, 2004
    Tis movie is great those who think that tis movie is childish do not have a sense of humour!!!!good show.

A visual masterpiece about a scared little girl's breathtaking journey of self-discovery. All of the fun is getting there.
  2. Yet its visual surrealism, identity-bending and strong social/ecological message make it as much an allegory as a fable.
  3. Turns everything we know about the contemporary world on its head, and substitutes it with one in which spirits, monsters, magicians and animals mix it up in a carnival of energy, good humor and freewheeling illusion.