Spirited Away

Sep 24, 2004
    Perfection.
  2. LaurenH.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Eh. It was good. I Liked it. it had some characters added in that had no purpose in the movie. No face should have had a better way of talking then saying 'uh uh' and having to use the frog to speak through. No face should a had atleast a few more words to say. I don't fully understand how the heads were the baby, and the baby was yubaba, becuase of yubaba's twin Eh. It was good. I Liked it. it had some characters added in that had no purpose in the movie. No face should have had a better way of talking then saying 'uh uh' and having to use the frog to speak through. No face should a had atleast a few more words to say. I don't fully understand how the heads were the baby, and the baby was yubaba, becuase of yubaba's twin sister. But I give it a 8. becuase ti could have been better. and the point of the stink spirit Sort of Made me wonder. "What in the world!?" Expand
  3. AliceM.
    Jan 22, 2005
    This was an amazing movie worthy of huge acclaim. It was entertaining and frightening at the same time. Loosely based around and 'Alice in Wonderland' theme, this was a brilliant movie indeed.
  4. JesusG.
    Apr 17, 2005
    A Masterpiece, hailed as the greatest animated film ever to be made. Beautifully drawn and paced, you'll be spirited away. This is the must see animated movie of the century miss it at your own risk.
  5. Flare
    Apr 21, 2005
    Spirited Away I have seen both dubbed and subbed, both left great impressions. Truly a great animé film. However, there were perhaps a couple of scenes that could have been better. But more or less, this is a great family fim, a gem of a dvd.
  6. elizag.
    Jun 2, 2005
    Hey this was a preety good movie I mean I like the how intresting was. And chahiro was great but even sister like it. But if you ask me I think haku should have gotten together. And your the best anime movie person miyazaki is so cool.
  7. SamE.
    Aug 10, 2005
    A brilliant, spectacular, masterpiece of a movie. Visually dazzling, an ingenious and artful movie, that should be remembered a a masterpiece of film.
  8. EmilyW.
    Sep 27, 2005
    This is my favourite animated film of all time, the Lion King will have to move to 2nd Place (sorry!) It's nice to read all these opinions of other people around the world who also share my view on the film. My family think that because it is an animated film then it will be immature and just for children, when really it can be just as enjoyable for adults to watch, if some of them This is my favourite animated film of all time, the Lion King will have to move to 2nd Place (sorry!) It's nice to read all these opinions of other people around the world who also share my view on the film. My family think that because it is an animated film then it will be immature and just for children, when really it can be just as enjoyable for adults to watch, if some of them weren't so prejudiced all the time. (i'm not trying to affend anyone, but if i have i'm sorry). For an animated film, the wold and the characters where so complex, that you don't normally get in animated films like Disney for example. Some of the things that chihiro went through and the things and type of people she encountered i felt i could relate to, so that in a way made be feel more moved by the story. It is truly a masterpiece in every sense of the word. The story was beautilful and the world in which chihiro came across was so vast and imaginative, i was completely blown away. The music was perfect along with the casting of actors!!! SUPERB!!!!!!!! Expand
  9. KH
    Nov 3, 2006
    I don't know how this film can denied from any list of the greatest movies ever. You know you have a real treasure when an anime can take home an Oscar for best picture! (However, I am fully aware that a film winning an Oscar means about nothing, except the actors get paid more.) This movie is so imaginative and out there. Someone who gave it a bad review wrote that no one commented I don't know how this film can denied from any list of the greatest movies ever. You know you have a real treasure when an anime can take home an Oscar for best picture! (However, I am fully aware that a film winning an Oscar means about nothing, except the actors get paid more.) This movie is so imaginative and out there. Someone who gave it a bad review wrote that no one commented on the themes, but I was going to comment on them before I read them: You shouldn't be greedy is one of them. You also really take something from the ending because the heroine succeeds by growing and using what she's learned - no fancy ending battle! Watch the movie, you'll like it if you have any heart and a well-sized imagination. Expand
  10. RafaelD>
    Jan 2, 2006
    I dont see how anybody can hate this film its awesome.
  11. KelleyG.
    Feb 3, 2006
    I thought this was oine of the most heartfelt, enchanting movies i have ever seen. Never before has an animated movie captured my heart this way. this is one of my all time favorite movies EVER. I heard that there will be no sequels, and i dont know whether to be happy or sad, many times sequels are dumb and pointless, and couldnt hold a candle to the original and end up making me think I thought this was oine of the most heartfelt, enchanting movies i have ever seen. Never before has an animated movie captured my heart this way. this is one of my all time favorite movies EVER. I heard that there will be no sequels, and i dont know whether to be happy or sad, many times sequels are dumb and pointless, and couldnt hold a candle to the original and end up making me think less of the original, but ever time i watch Spirited Away i just want to see the connection and love between Chihiro and Haku grow. However all-in-all i LOVED this movie Expand
  12. AlyssaD.
    Feb 5, 2006
    this movie is the best no matter how many times i see it i cry it was the best. i mean there should there be a sequel taking haku in the human world which chihiri is a high scholler and a new guy transfer to her school which should be haku since it's been so long that they haven't seen each other but only haku recognizes her he must then find a way to make here remember and this movie is the best no matter how many times i see it i cry it was the best. i mean there should there be a sequel taking haku in the human world which chihiri is a high scholler and a new guy transfer to her school which should be haku since it's been so long that they haven't seen each other but only haku recognizes her he must then find a way to make here remember and while things are happening bad things happen like chihiro's boyfriend is a monster trying to get haku out of her system well thats what i think but it should definetly have a sequel no matter what. this is the greatest movie of all. Expand
  13. Ivan
    Mar 24, 2006
    Best animated movie ever.
  14. AlikaW.
    Apr 26, 2006
    This movie is till to this day the best example of Fantasy and Reality combined. True, the movie is pointed toward children, but the essence of Miyazaki's work is what is to be acknowledged. Also, if your saying thats it's bad because the movie is too much of a child's story. Grow up, learn to think outside the box and appreciate what's really going on here. This is an This movie is till to this day the best example of Fantasy and Reality combined. True, the movie is pointed toward children, but the essence of Miyazaki's work is what is to be acknowledged. Also, if your saying thats it's bad because the movie is too much of a child's story. Grow up, learn to think outside the box and appreciate what's really going on here. This is an anime of legendary proportion. A+ quality, without a doubt. End of story. Expand
  15. LornaH.
    Jan 18, 2007
    It made me cry..... the way she's gone into a life changeing world and then leaves just like that. After she falls in love and everything. And then on top of all that Haku tells her not to look back. It makes me mad! I had to watch it over and over because it was just so amazing.
  16. AiN.
    May 23, 2007
    I thought this was a really good movie. At first I was like "I'm never gonna watch that" but then the commercials caught my eye and I was instantly spellbound. I really liked the artwork and attention to detail in this movie as well as the playful and carefree plotline with learning experiences for the main character. ^_^
  17. GemmaM.
    May 24, 2007
    This movieis one of myfavourites of all time. I must say, when I was about 10 I got a DVD with this on it, and was pretty dismissive of it. But after I sat down and watched it, I had to watch it over and over again. It's so beautiful and evocative in its nature of the story. It's a love story more than anything, and it is beautifully written and acted. The part of Chihiro is so This movieis one of myfavourites of all time. I must say, when I was about 10 I got a DVD with this on it, and was pretty dismissive of it. But after I sat down and watched it, I had to watch it over and over again. It's so beautiful and evocative in its nature of the story. It's a love story more than anything, and it is beautifully written and acted. The part of Chihiro is so in tune with a 10 year old it is unreal. The film is also about growing up and at the end of the film it seems that she has changed from a silly little girl to a very mature young person. She realises that she has to work in life. I do admit that some aspects could've been improved in the movie, but it is the most wonderful film that I have ever come across and it sold me completely on Japanese anime, especially Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki, who is the ultimate god of anime and one of the most beautiful and gifted directors of our time. 10 out of 10 definitely, go see it, it'll change you! Expand
  18. Biggles
    Jul 12, 2007
    Simply the best film I have ever seen, imbued with the sense of magic and awe a child feels on his first exploration of the garden. The celluloid equivalent of Okami.
  19. PaoloP
    Aug 26, 2007
    Louis and Louis's Brother! You two are @55h0les! This is a respected movie in Japan and even in many parts of the world. You two probably did not have money to buy or rent or even download the movie. Fiick the two of you!!!
  20. NatalieK.
    Feb 16, 2008
    Great film! I am very moved after watching.
  21. DanN.
    Mar 20, 2008
    Incredible. It presents the world in a compact bathhouse with the good people that help thegirl and the bad that coexist peacefully.
  22. IxatA.
    May 11, 2008
    Deeply moving. The characters are very likable, I find myself wanting more of No Face in years to come.
  23. BettyK.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Looking at the "few and far between" negative reviews, I'm not sure whether to simply be glad that they ARE few and far between or to be frightened that there really are people who can be so entirely out of touch. What an incredible shame they seem to have to have everything pre-digested and spoon fed. How could anyone lack the ability to delight in Miyazaki's incredible sense Looking at the "few and far between" negative reviews, I'm not sure whether to simply be glad that they ARE few and far between or to be frightened that there really are people who can be so entirely out of touch. What an incredible shame they seem to have to have everything pre-digested and spoon fed. How could anyone lack the ability to delight in Miyazaki's incredible sense of fantasy? Astounding....and not in a good way. This film is a total delight. It is intricate and marvelous, touching and intelligent. Miyazaki's lovely characters interact on the stage of his breathtaking landscapes with a little of the sinister, a touch of the bizarre, and a lot of the just plain fascinating. It's a delightful ride from beginning to end. No need to sweat any details, just enjoy. Expand
  24. ChristosM
    Mar 18, 2009
    Hayao Miyazaki is a genius!The diversity of the enchanted world he creates is astonishing!It's a fine example of virtuous,untamed fantasy and powerful stoty -telling,a genre defining masterpiece.Breath taking!
  25. MickeyR.
    Jun 23, 2009
    This is a masterpiece, a truly timeless epic, a well woven heart wrenching tale of love, trust, compassion, breathtaking animations and elegance. this a must watch for anyone who like serenity.
  26. thuy
    Aug 18, 2009
    I've watched this since I was 11. The movie was amazing!!! Watching it literally rejuvenates my mind, makes me feel as if I'm just a small child. No other film has brought me into this mood. Spirited Away has brought me hope in life n in magic.
  27. HonKitMak
    Nov 17, 2002
    This movie is absolutely flawless. The music is fantastic. Artwork and graphics are awesome. Extremely touching storyline. etc.
  28. LiKim
    Nov 21, 2002
    One word - Masterpiece.
  29. AndrewM.
    Nov 27, 2002
    Since I'd already seen other Miyazaki films, Spirited Away didn't bowl me over as it did others in the audience. I went in expecting an incredible and delightful ride, and that's exactly what I got. Darn, no suprises :)
  30. TonyL.
    Oct 14, 2002
    I liked "Princess Mononoke" better, but I felt this film was enchanting. The animation is etheral. My favorite scenes were the introduction to Kamaji and the Train ride sequence. See this one! It is very good.

A visual masterpiece about a scared little girl's breathtaking journey of self-discovery. All of the fun is getting there.
  2. Yet its visual surrealism, identity-bending and strong social/ecological message make it as much an allegory as a fable.
  3. Turns everything we know about the contemporary world on its head, and substitutes it with one in which spirits, monsters, magicians and animals mix it up in a carnival of energy, good humor and freewheeling illusion.