9.3

1. Nov 20, 2014
    a gripping Alice in Wonderland-like movie, Spirited away is by far Hayao Miyazaki's best masterpiece. the movie was so moving and deep that I couldn't stop my mind analysing it all day! about alienation,if Chihiro's name(as a symbol of identity)slips her mind,she won't find the way home.and about Yubaba as a symbol of Capitalism and her twin sister Zeniba in front of her. and my favourite character No face as a symbol of life, which likes those who are not greedy and emotions are relations are more important to them. and a pure love between Chihiro and Hako. There are many other things to think about which are still mysterious and this is how the movie takes you.In my opinion, It's the best animation of all time. Some of you may find this complexity of the story irritating, But believe me, When you realise the purpose of the plot, you can't deny how strong and powerful Hayao Miyazaki is. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2014
    Spirited Away is great in terms of it's weird, imaginative characters, and somewhat confusing storyline but the voice acting (English dub) is just really cheesy, and bad.
  3. Sep 30, 2014
    oh dear god, what the man has created..!! i feel high watching this more than i do feel when i smoke weed, it's magical..!! This movie is a whole new world of imagination and still so beautiful and simple ..!!
  4. Sep 26, 2014
    I love this movie, it is classic and brilliant, I remember watching it all the time as a kid. one of the best movies ever created and will always be so.
  5. Sep 23, 2014
    In case I say anything negative, let me start with Amazing! I first saw this movie when my daughter was very young. I didn't buy it for her, I bought it for me! I disagree with anyone who thinks of it as just a movie for children. From the beginning, I could see my daughter in the character of Chihiro (Sen) so vividly that it tore me apart to feel her terror and confusion. Then to see her coming to terms with her new environment and struggle to regain her identity gave me a sense of pride. I see all this in my daughter as she has grown up and learned to deal with life. I finally let her see the movie and it's one of her favorites as well. I agree with those who talk about how real the characters are and how the emotions and story line are portrayed in such a beautiful fashion. I think this movie is anything but predictable. Perhaps those who don't understand it may be too used to simplistic modern movie fare where everything is handed to you on a platter. Spirited Away can be approached on many levels which, to me, just made it all the more interesting and enjoyable. I'd have to say it is definitely one of my favorite movies. Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2014
    A truly beautiful piece of cinema. This film should appeal to people beyond the realms of those who are already a fan of Japanese animation and easily stands alone as a fantastic animated children's film, complete with a beautiful score, a touching story, a fantastically avant garde artistic direction, a rather obscure look in to Japanese folklore and culture and many strong moral undertones throughout. Expand
  7. Sep 9, 2014
    A Viagem de Chihiro é espetacular. O filme é incrível, o enredo e a história são impecáveis, tem algumas coisas bizarras, o que torna o filme um pouco engraçado, e ainda há valor nesse filme. Uma essência do filme.
  8. Sep 1, 2014
    **** the Haters...that is all.

Now for a bunch of bs so it can be 150 characters.

ahdj dfak;lsjdf; lkjsa;dflkj ;lskjdf ;djf;l ajsd;lf ;aljfsd lksjdk
  9. Aug 15, 2014
    The magical, mysterious atmosphere as well as the wonderfully, thoroughly genius plot makes this animation movie a masterpiece not only beyond animation or anime movies, but the movie industry in general. Miyazaki created an undisputed masterpiece that will not lose its magic and beauty any time soon. It will always be my Number 1 favorite movie of all times.
  10. Aug 5, 2014
    Simply magical. This has to be one of the most enchanting and nostalgic movies ever made. Spirited away submerges you on a journey which fills you with awe. The journey is filled with wise quotes and characters that you care about. The music was fantastic, the animation was superb, the story line, out of this world.
  11. Jun 26, 2014
    "Spirited Away" is simply the greatest animated film my eyes have ever laid on. It flawlessly blends comedy, mystery, fantasy and drama into something unbelievably good and satisfactory. Although it is considered a family film, I love the moments of bitter-sweetness and melancholy writer/director Hayao Miyazaki has put into his masterpiece. And the amount of creativity in "Spirited Away" can not be put into words. A flawlessly executed film it is. Expand
  12. Jun 19, 2014
    Spirited Away is just magical. In this magic fest, we fallow the story of Shihiro, a typical nagging 9 year old or so on her move to a new house, while her dad takes a wrong turn and end up lost in an abandoned amusement park, it is all up to Shihiro to save her family and get out after being sucked into a word where monsters live in a bathing house. If it wasn't for Coraline (2009), this would've been my favorite movie of all time. The movie is most obviously masterfully crafted, it is filled with magical color scheme, powerful characters and just overall this is one of the most strongest/epic/magical and unforgettable movies ever made, I just love this movie. Expand
  13. May 23, 2014
    MIYAZAKI IS AN ANIMATION GOD. Spirited away gets an 11/10. Best animated film I've ever seen in my entire life, and if you haven't seen it, you have not lived.
  14. May 12, 2014
    I remember seeing this movie as only a kid. It had been around for an enough amount of time for it to be broad-casted on TV, and I remember thinking that this movie was just something I dreamed about.
    This film is absolutely one of the best I have ever seen. It is a misconception to just call this a film or a movie, this is an actual work of art performed by Hayao Miyazaki. Without a
    doubt, I will recommend this film to anyone at any age. An easy 10/10. Expand
  15. Apr 24, 2014
    Magical, creative, fantastical, I just cannot imagine why or how you could dislike this film....It was good when i was a child and it remains my favorite movie as an adult
  16. Apr 2, 2014
    A must watch for every age, every country and every race, everyone should have seen this movie, it's llike no other. Ghibli made a monumental piece of art here. I remember watching this as a kid and being blown away, if you have kids, show them this movie!!!!! and as an adult I could watch it a million more times, really fantastic! full of emotions, fantasy warmth and mystery this is probably the best drawn movie I'll ever see. Time and time again it takes me to another world, romantic/art at it's best, total loss of reality for 2 hours. I could go on forever, but really just watch it your self, even if you're 99 years old it won't dissapoin you!!!

Just my opinion
  17. Mar 20, 2014
    There's no better way to explain this...the film Spirited Away is absolutely amazing. Being a huge fan of Studio Ghibli, it doesn't mean that their films are perfect. Spirited Away captures your attention and will keep you glued to your screen for the entirety of the session. The characters and story are some of the best I've ever seen. May be a bit scary for young children under five, though definitely great for the whole family. Expand
  18. Mar 17, 2014
    My personal favorite film by Miyazaki and probably one of the greatest animated films of all time. The animation is beautiful as well as the storytelling and even the style of the film continues to captivate me even to this very day. I would recommend this film to anyone who lives animation, anime, or just great films in general.
  19. Mar 6, 2014
    Absolutely a masterpiece in it's own genre. Even if I don't see anything exceptionally great in it's plot or drama-side, the visually psychedelic creatures and characters are just... awesome.
  20. Jan 12, 2014
    Unbelievable. This movie left me in an infatuated daze a week after viewing it. Great characters, great story, AMAZING designs, and, in my opinion, the best animation I've ever seen. The great thing about it is that it is so good at showing little vignette-like moments that pace unbelievably well. Aside from one little nitpick that is dwarfed by the rest of the movie, this is my favorite film of all time. The only negative is that it has made every movie after it a slight disappointment. Expand
  21. Jwv
    Jan 9, 2014
    For starters, and because the movie is originally Japanese, I have to speak of my admiration for the work of the voice acting department who did a great job in translating the movie for English audiences. I applaud in particular the work of Daveigh Chase who lends her voice to Sin, and performs very convincingly.

The animations in Spirited Away are probably the best I have ever seen.
    They are simple yet beautiful, and the creators have a real knack for detail. They succeed in making Sin feel very believable and lifelike in her actions as a teen girl.

The world Spirited Away presents is weird, and even after sitting through the whole movie, more questions will remain a mystery than answered. Although this can be seen as a deficiency, I see it as a pro. The world is so magically beautiful and unknown that, having answered no questions, it will stick in your head a long time after watching keeping you wondering.

The story doesn't amount as much to the magnificence of this movie as the animations and fantastical world do, and is a mere classical child narrative. The protagonist heroine gets in trouble because of a mistake, is brought into a prickly situation by an evil character, but the resilience of the good-natured heroine and some good-natured helpers win out over evil. The story is not bad, considering Spirited Away has a child audience, and even add enough nuance in its characters to make them more interesting than black-and-white stereotypes.

The use of the theme of love and it's effect on the story is cliché here and will not surprise anyone in any way, but is not mellow and its subtle enough to be enjoyed by an older audience.

Spirited Away is a top-notch movie for children and can equally be enjoyed by an older audience. It successfully connects with a dual audience and should be applauded for that.
  22. Jan 2, 2014
    O mundo de Chihiro fantásticamente fabuloso, com seus seres exóticas, uma história fascinante e uma trilha sonora de arrancar suspiros, um dos melhores de Miyazaki.
  23. Nov 20, 2013
    Beautifully drawn and beautifully scored. Spirited Away is intriguing and innovative and can definitely stand strong not only in the animated film genre but against all films in general. It's plainly a must see.
  24. Nov 18, 2013
    I loved it. Very dreamy, beautiful scenes, some heavy themes. I'm not sure what age the target audience is, but I could easily see children and adults both loving it for different reasons, or maybe the same reasons. Worth a watch, good movie to put on just before bed.
  25. Oct 12, 2013
    LouisH's review sucked. You didn't understand the movie because you are too close-minded to open yourself to any new ideas.

Spirited Away is definitely one of the most commanding pieces of animation I have ever seen. It carefully portrays the transition of Chihiro's maturity through a sequence of dire events and occasions that make this movie enchanting and rather dark too.

I
    remember this movie was screened to one of my disinterested Japanese classes. Obviously, reception was great because they would of rather watched some dodgy teen movie. What a bunch of LouisH's... Expand
  26. egg
    Oct 3, 2013
    This is one of the very best movies I have ever seen. No exaggeration. I won't lie, I can see why people wouldn't like it. I can see how it would completely go over some people's heads, but this is a movie which you don't need to keep up on. You can simply sit back and let it happen. But, it can also make you think about it too. There are numerous ways which you could watch this film. The story depth is fantastic. It delivers a complex plot which can sometimes be hard to keep up on, while still delivering a clear simple message whenever you watch it. The art and the animation is just stunning. There are too many ways to describe this movie. Yes. The hype is true. Watch it and find out for yourself. Expand
  27. Sep 12, 2013
    At first I was skeptical about watching a movie with a 10 year old girl as the protagonist, but I'm glad I did watch it, it was truly a great movie...
  28. Jul 23, 2013
    An easy 10/10. Spirited Away is not only my favorite anitmated/anime movie, but is one of my favorite movies of all time. A work of art and simply a masterpiece that makes me smile and happy everytime I watch it. Everything is beautiful about this movie, from the story, to the music, rightdown to the artwork itself. I mean the attention to detail in this movie is quite amazing. Thanks to the wonderful and brilliant mind of Hayao Miyazaki, this beautiful art work of a film will forever hold a special place in my heart. Expand
  29. Jun 29, 2013
    Decent movie worth a watch, with a strong storyline and a good script. However, I am not a fan of the animation, it reminds me too much of Pokemon and the typical Japanese cartoons.
  30. Jun 27, 2013
    It's hard to explain why, but Spirited Away is just amazing. There's a certain magic that comes from Miyazaki's creative and thrilling spirit world. Every character has depth, every scene is interesting, and the characters all undergo growth throughout the movie. Really, it is a must see movie.

A visual masterpiece about a scared little girl's breathtaking journey of self-discovery. All of the fun is getting there.
  2. Yet its visual surrealism, identity-bending and strong social/ecological message make it as much an allegory as a fable.
  3. Turns everything we know about the contemporary world on its head, and substitutes it with one in which spirits, monsters, magicians and animals mix it up in a carnival of energy, good humor and freewheeling illusion.