Dimension Films | Release Date: March 30, 2001
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 146 Ratings
Watch Now
MonkiReviewsJun 28, 2017
I enjoyed it a lot. The acting was surprisingly good. The story was interesting, from start to finish. The special effects were very low quality though. Worth a watch.
MasterRileyFeb 19, 2017
Spy Kids is kick ass awesome! It may not hold up as well but this was one of my favourite movies as a kid! Its got good characters, an interesting story, cool action, and an overall interesting premise.
hustlinAug 13, 2016
e p i c d u d e
EpicLadySpongeFeb 9, 2016
Spy Kids is another adventure waiting for you kids and adults out there. It may be out-of-place in some scenes, but nevertheless... it's an enjoyable movie.
Jollyjoe1000Dec 24, 2015
It is pretty awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CineAutoctonoDec 6, 2015
Spy Kids was a fun and entertaining movie , especially the excellent work of Daryl Sabara and Alexa Vega , children who are now grown , also congratulated Robert Rodriguez for his new move into the family genre.
MovieGuysApr 22, 2014
Spy Kids is an enjoyable kids movie that may try to hard sometimes and take itself too seriously in some places, but ultimately is good for what it is.
lukechristianscMar 21, 2014
Robert Rodriguez's Spy Kids is amazing but machete kills is something i enjoy more . I love the cast and including Robert Rodriguez . but spy kids 3 is much more enjoyable
ThegodfathersonNov 17, 2013
Spy Kids is fresh, energetic and joyous with energy flowing the screen. Iam a big fan of Robert Rodriguez and his awesome films. This trademark film starring Alexa Vega and Antonio Banderas is gripping and fun. He has made a great film forSpy Kids is fresh, energetic and joyous with energy flowing the screen. Iam a big fan of Robert Rodriguez and his awesome films. This trademark film starring Alexa Vega and Antonio Banderas is gripping and fun. He has made a great film for kids and adults to enjoy. It does have flaws that are forgetful but overall, it's a GOOD movie, just plain cheesy fun for anyone who watches it. Spy Kids is epic. Expand
FranzHcriticNov 10, 2013
Playful and quirky, mixed in with a story of a dysfunctional and unorthodox family's struggle, fueled by a humorous sibling rivalry. The animation works into the eccentricity, and the acting is well enough for 'Spy Kids' to be like aPlayful and quirky, mixed in with a story of a dysfunctional and unorthodox family's struggle, fueled by a humorous sibling rivalry. The animation works into the eccentricity, and the acting is well enough for 'Spy Kids' to be like a spontaneous roller-coaster, and a fun one at that. I had fun watching it, even today, while I'm in high school. Expand
RikiegeJan 12, 2013
Do not know if this movie is for adults or children.
jfrotylpe532Dec 22, 2012
Spy Kids is actually better than I thought it would be. I looked awfully cheesy and disappointing. Instead it brought zany humor and weird plot elements. Its pure fun for everyone.
FilmReviewsSep 4, 2012
Spy Kids isn't something terribly great, but kids will enjoy it with It's great performances, and a good voice acting. Overall, a good movie, that I recommend it mostly to children.
paulgreenFeb 23, 2012
Like it !
grandpajoe6191Oct 17, 2011
Unpredictable, joyful, and crazy. Robert Roderiquez's new family kid film "Spy Kids" can be described with these 3 words.
MovieLonely94Oct 24, 2010
awesome kids movie!
SamApr 1, 2006
It's a good movie, decent effects, likeable characters, and the sequel is pretty good to. It's to bad they released 3-D and the horrible spin-off Shark boy and Lava Girl.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
KerinO.Oct 11, 2001
Great fantasy movie.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
KatieH.Sep 29, 2001
It is the laugh of the season!!
0 of 1 users found this helpful
ReneeA.Sep 29, 2001
I loved it.
1 of 2 users found this helpful
MichaelC.Sep 22, 2001
I was expecting a lot from Spy Kids. From the trailer it looked like cool and smart fun. Well, I got something completely different from what I expected. The film was cool with its gadgets and gizmos, neat one-liners and brilliant kid?s I was expecting a lot from Spy Kids. From the trailer it looked like cool and smart fun. Well, I got something completely different from what I expected. The film was cool with its gadgets and gizmos, neat one-liners and brilliant kid?s action sequences (which are not developed enough or long enough), but in the long run, this film was a disappointment. The plot was stupid beyond belief. I didn?t laugh that much. The film has high potential, is endlessly imaginative and brings up some cool creations, but I found the story laughable and the whole brother story just tired. The film was predictable and as soon as we get to Floop?s castle thing, the stupidity takes over. Those thumbs are just plain lame and although the flawless visuals are good to look at and the art direction is stunning, the walking-see-sensing thumb-people and colourful Floop TV companions are just stupid. The movie would?ve been much better if they had come up with something just as creative but not as laughable. The acting was pretty. The direction was pretty impressive and the visuals excel the most. The film dreams up excellent ideas and is creative, but the story and script are really quite low-key. With the sequel, get rid of those dumb-ass thumbs and companions, come up with a better story, cut the corn and get to the good stuff. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful