5.6

1. LitaF.
    Jul 18, 2010
    GREAT FOR KIDS, but seniors won't like it. It's a very entertaining film for tweenies and teenagers. Our kids want to go again so we are ordering the DVD.
  2. AndreaG.
    Jul 18, 2010
    Children who dance, sing and like music are having a great time at this movie. We adults need to think like a kid again or take a child with us and watch them have fun. Who knows ... we may even have fun too! :o)
  3. MaryB.
    Jul 18, 2010
    My grandkids loved it and I truly think it is a great movie geared for the age bracket it was meant for.. Kalyla Jackson will be seen again..Beautiful girl..Spencer is on his way to SAG, for sure.
  4. Feb 2, 2011
    This film was excellent! Finally a clean, good, and funny family movie. The acting and singing were amazing but the best part of this film were the hidden values in the script. I enjoyed every moment and it truly brought a tear to my eye in a great way. I am so upset that I didn't see it at the theatre and the advertising wasn't done properly -- truly a shame since this would haveThis film was excellent! Finally a clean, good, and funny family movie. The acting and singing were amazing but the best part of this film were the hidden values in the script. I enjoyed every moment and it truly brought a tear to my eye in a great way. I am so upset that I didn't see it at the theatre and the advertising wasn't done properly -- truly a shame since this would have been worth the trip. I hope that this fim gets recognized and the cast get proper recognition for their hard work. Expand

Off the wall? Friend, you don’t know off the wall until you’ve seen five twelve-year-old girl singer-dancers cover the Tina Turner/Phil Spector epic “River Deep, Mountain High” in the screwball kiddie dance comedy, Standing Ovation.
  2. The cast is full of fresh-faced unknowns ready for their close-ups. Most likely to succeed is Kayla Jackson, an almond-eyed dreamer, as Brittany, anchor of the Ovations and of her family.
  3. Standing Ovation is an innovative film in the sense that every minute or so it comes up with a different way of being annoying. Moreover, it often goes for a layered effect, in which it's annoying in two or three ways simultaneously.