8.3

1. Dec 6, 2012
    Alright when I heard there was gonna be a Star Trek movie about the Borg called First Contact I was dreading the thought that it might just be a movie remake of the episode where they had first contact with The Borg. I was relieved to find out this was not the case. Out of all the TNG movies, this is the only one I absolutely loved. The other three TNG movies were mediocre but this one was excellent. Maybe it was because this one was a really dark no BS movie that got to the point of the TNG crew having to confront and deal with their most menacing , dangerous and scary enemy. This movie is also friendly to people who might not be familiar with TNG or the Borg in that there is a human character introduced who also isn't familiar with them and Picard has to explain to her what is going on. While it gets TNG newbies up to speed it's done in a way that isn't cheesy and doesn't ruin the film for us Trekkies/Trekkers. SPOILER ALERT: I like the way this movie actually has Picard acting irrationally because he is psychologically scared from the time in the TV series when he was assimilated, it was realistic.

Excellent movie, I wish all the TNG movies were this good. 10/10
  2. Oct 27, 2011
    One of the best original Star Trek movies without doubt. The film has a brilliant begginning, a marvelous ending and a fabulous, action packed, Borg filled middle which I am sure all film critics will look for in films. Excellent!!!
  3. Jan 18, 2011
    FIRST CONTACT is considered to be the best TNG film. And when you watch it you see why. FIRST CONTACT features the Borg, perhaps the most popular villain in science-fiction history or at least in the Star Trek universe. Picard and crew return aboard the new Enterprise-E and in order to save the future must travel back in time to 2063 to save the past. At the time FIRST CONTACT was the most successful Star Trek film (world wide) up until J.J.Abrams STAR TREK (2009) film. There are great action sequences, acting (notably Patrick Stewart gives his best performance second only to NEMESIS, as well as Alice Krige as the Borg Queen). Simply put, FIRST CONTACT is one hell of a film! A must see! Expand

Certainly the best in its technical credits, and among the best in the ingenuity of its plot.
    First time director Jonathan Frakes (who also plays Riker, the Enterprise's second-in-command) injects some badly-needed energy and inventiveness into a series that, prior to this effort, was sinking under its own weight and boldly going nowhere.
  3. The fine quality of the new film is good news for anyone disappointed by "Star Trek Generations," which got the new "Star Trek" feature film series off to a shaky start two years ago.