Paramount Pictures | Release Date: June 4, 1982
8.4
Universal acclaim based on 71 Ratings
WATCH NOW
elitefourNov 30, 2015
one of the most entertained sci fi films of all time.
James horner's score, Ricardo Montalban's performance...thanks to the director, Nicholas Meyer.
horoxixSep 21, 2013
After watching into darkness, then coming back to this I pleasantly enjoyed every minute.

It actually drags you in with the in depth emotions and story instead of pure action like more recent films.
DollisJun 8, 2013
I like more Star Trek: The Motion Picture because the story is weird ,and i like strange story's the j.j abrams star trek movies ,it has so many action in it.
Jpz38_HetzerDec 1, 2013
Honestly, this movie wasn't great. Most of the acting is unwatchabley bad. Some of the set up was boreing. The only good part was when khan's ship was tearing up the enterprise.
gd01skorpiusFeb 10, 2016
Not only is this the best Star Trek movie, it also features one of the best Ship to Ship battles (both sea and space) in movie history. A great story about revenge, friendship, and the tenuous line between technology used for good or evil.Not only is this the best Star Trek movie, it also features one of the best Ship to Ship battles (both sea and space) in movie history. A great story about revenge, friendship, and the tenuous line between technology used for good or evil. Also features an amazing soundtrack which will give you goosebumps during the battles. Lastly, Ricardo Montalban as Khan is one the best movie villains, channeling Captain Ahab from Moby Dick. Expand
Rox22Sep 23, 2013
It's been a really long time since I last saw this, but I do remember enjoying it immensely. Like before it improves on everything from the last movie and even Shatner's "acting" is tolerable, mostly. However this time round it has an actualIt's been a really long time since I last saw this, but I do remember enjoying it immensely. Like before it improves on everything from the last movie and even Shatner's "acting" is tolerable, mostly. However this time round it has an actual plot, story and also adding allot to the Star Trek universe's lore.

Overall:
A great addition to the series, that does look a little dated by today's standards, but even so still isn't bad and does a good job delivering its story. Not to mention one of the saddest endings ever (at the time.)
tkarabetJun 6, 2015
There's something about this film that undeniably attracts me, yet, paradoxically, leaves me wanting more. I always hesitate to watch this movie; I know it'll fall short of my expectations. It's as if I'm yelling, "You can do it," but theThere's something about this film that undeniably attracts me, yet, paradoxically, leaves me wanting more. I always hesitate to watch this movie; I know it'll fall short of my expectations. It's as if I'm yelling, "You can do it," but the movie barely runs across the finish line. So what exactly is the problem? Perhaps the acting warrants improvement? Maybe the 80s style doesn't suit my tastes? I don't know. All I know is that there's a resounding hollowness present even in the most warm and lighthearted moments.
But maybe it's just me. The movie is still a worthy entry in the science fiction genre. I'll take this over mindless explosions any day.
darkbloodshed13Jul 19, 2015
Star Trek 2 is my second favorite movie of all times. This mainly due to the fact this movie can both be action packed and once you get to the end sad. If your first timer to star trek than don't worry the movies showcases the characters soStar Trek 2 is my second favorite movie of all times. This mainly due to the fact this movie can both be action packed and once you get to the end sad. If your first timer to star trek than don't worry the movies showcases the characters so well that you feel like you grew up with them. Plus if your a real fan than you'll love how they handle the return of Khan. In conclusion if you are looking for good sci-fi action film than this is the movie for you. Expand
BoogeeFilmGuyJul 13, 2015
Star Trek 2 is like that feeling you get when you've finished eating an ice cream and you find yourself begging for more. This is a fantastic movie! It's fun, adventurous and just... great! A must see for all fans of the series (all though,Star Trek 2 is like that feeling you get when you've finished eating an ice cream and you find yourself begging for more. This is a fantastic movie! It's fun, adventurous and just... great! A must see for all fans of the series (all though, if you're a fan, you've probably seen it 300 times all ready!) Expand
smiyamotNov 29, 2015
I was a teenager when the series was on TV so I'm hooked. But the first movie was so bad, this movie saved the franchise. A great movie needs to have a great villain and Khan is the "superior" villain. He kicks Kirk's ass and Kirk kicksI was a teenager when the series was on TV so I'm hooked. But the first movie was so bad, this movie saved the franchise. A great movie needs to have a great villain and Khan is the "superior" villain. He kicks Kirk's ass and Kirk kicks Khan's. What a movie. All would have died if not for Spock's sacrifice "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one." Yup, saved the franchise. I have this DVD in my collection. Expand
computerman40Mar 14, 2016
I really like this movie because Kirk says his favorite catchphrase "KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
FanBoyCritic1Mar 24, 2016
Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan(1982)
Directed By:Nicholas Meyer
Starring:William Shatner(James T. Kirk), Leonard Nimoy(Mr. Spock), James Doohan(Scotty),Ricardo Montalban(Khan), and Bibi Besch(Carol) My Review This film is said to be the
Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan(1982)
Directed By:Nicholas Meyer
My Review
This film is said to be the best Star Trek movie ever made, and if that's the case then I'm quite frightened but still curious. I am frightened because I think this Star Trek film is great but the villain is memorable because of this. The only action sequences are ship and gun fire. While in some ways the action scenes were enjoyable i was expecting more.
The film revolves around Admiral Kirk(who I thought was a captain but I guess that's in the new movies only) who escapes the tedium desk job to join Mr.Spock. In the midst is an old enemy from there past Khan.
In the opening sequence you get this look at how new cadets train to lead the enterprise and in the simulation and after you meet our characters Mr.Spock,Uhura,Scotty,and afterwards James T. Kirk.
I only saw this because I am getting ready for the release of the latest Star Trek film, and in the new one is this villain(Khan) who is widely known by the fans of this series. Personally I do nit like Khan in this movie. I like the actor who plays him cause his performance of the character is amazing but Khan I feel doesn't do much in the movie except puts worms in peoples ears and commands them, and gives orders to destroy the enterprise and James T. Kirk.
The Special effects are really great in this film for it's time but like the effects and the rest of the film i feel it's really dated and doesn't hold up. But it is still one of the best Star Trek movies.
Muskrat147Jul 23, 2016
Featuring a stand-out score from James Horner, The Wrath of Khan is a major improvement over its predecessor, with stand-out performances, intense emotion, and a strong villain.
KingofdanerdsDec 6, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has to be in my top 5 list of best Star Trek movies. The story line was great and acting was amazing. Very entertaining to watch. I nearly cried during this movie when Mr Spock died. 10/10. Expand
ZerpnosMar 5, 2017
Star Trek macerasının ikinci filmi olan Khan filmi benim açımdan yine beklentileri karşılayamayan bir yapım olmuş. Aksiyon katmaya çalışmışlar fakat görseller ve karakterler gerçekten kötü. Bu da seyir zevkini oldukça düşürüyor veStar Trek macerasının ikinci filmi olan Khan filmi benim açımdan yine beklentileri karşılayamayan bir yapım olmuş. Aksiyon katmaya çalışmışlar fakat görseller ve karakterler gerçekten kötü. Bu da seyir zevkini oldukça düşürüyor ve iğrendiriyor. Beğenmedim! Expand