Star Trek: Insurrection

5.8

1. MarkW
    Apr 9, 2009
    I've always found that I enjoy watching this movie, and I've probably watched it 10 times.. more than any other Star Trek movie. No idea why, I just find it moving. Of course the same plot attempted in another franchise or a stand alone movie, without the solid base of established characters like Picard would certainly be nowhere near as enjoyable.
  2. Chris
    Sep 24, 2005
    Of all the Star Trek films I like this one the best. The plot is, perhaps, a little tame compared to the others but thats why I like it - its not the same. I think the soundtracks better too.
  3. Jan 18, 2011
    INSURRECTION does what Star Trek does best, take a socially relevent problem and explore how to solve it. Out of 'The Next Generation' films this one is the most light-hearted and enjoy-abe for casual fans or for those who have no knowledge of the Star Trek universe. Rather than J.J.Abrams STAR TREK (2009) film, INSURRECTION is a better starting point for people who know little toINSURRECTION does what Star Trek does best, take a socially relevent problem and explore how to solve it. Out of 'The Next Generation' films this one is the most light-hearted and enjoy-abe for casual fans or for those who have no knowledge of the Star Trek universe. Rather than J.J.Abrams STAR TREK (2009) film, INSURRECTION is a better starting point for people who know little to nothing of the Star Trek universe. There are great character moments, humorous moments as well as great acting from Patrick Stewart, F. Murray Abraham, Anthony Zerbe, Michael Welch & Donna Murphy. This is just a great film! Expand
  4. Dec 29, 2012
    This should be called "Star Trek Inerection" because it fails to "get up" to the job of being a great Star Trek movie. I was a fan of the Star Trek TNG TV series, in fact to this day it is my favourite TV series of all time. But like Generations and Nemesis, this one just ended up being mediocre. With the exception of Star Trek: First Contact with was absolutely great, there were TVThis should be called "Star Trek Inerection" because it fails to "get up" to the job of being a great Star Trek movie. I was a fan of the Star Trek TNG TV series, in fact to this day it is my favourite TV series of all time. But like Generations and Nemesis, this one just ended up being mediocre. With the exception of Star Trek: First Contact with was absolutely great, there were TV episodes equal and in some cases better than the TNG movies. I'm still bitter about them cancelling the series while it was the number one rated TV show just so they could make 3 mediocre movies and 1 good movie. The way they tried to make everyone young later in the film by putting tonnes of makeup on in the start of the movie to make them look older at the start was so blatantly obvious that it was lame. Expand

There is a certain lackluster feeling to the way the key characters debate the issues, and perhaps that reflects the suspicion of the filmmakers that they have hitched their wagon to the wrong cause.
    In just about every way, Insurrection seems as if everyone involved is still stuck in the weekly grind of turning out the series, but the results don't disappoint too terribly.
  3. The maturity of the Star Trek saga and its remarkable fan base have combined to produce a polished film that shines like a crown jewel in the Star Trek firmament.