7.9

1. Apr 3, 2014
    What do you get when you mix a clunky 20th century particle accelerator and an Anheuser Busch brewery? The engine of a 24th century starship. Best thing about this movie is Honest Trailers, it's why I give it a 1 instead of a 0. This bud's for you Honest Trailers.
  2. Mar 17, 2014
    A Great Sequel From A Wonderful Movie !!!

** Star Trek Into Darkness **

* This movie has everything to be best of its franchise its a very successive sequel with great scripting , screenplay and perfect visual effects .This movie has more awesome stuffs with a good story which is packed with lots of action, humor and excitement that drives this movie as a complete success giving us a
    great treat once again !! .

* The factors that gave the previous movie of this sequel a huge success its being repeated once again in this movie giving the huge advantage and clarity to the whole movie .

* The characters in this movie were perfect because they did their work perfectly without any faults ,mismatch & mistakes they were all well developed their performance was great during screenplay because it was beautifully executed thus its makes this movie more entertaining and exciting .

* The Actors performance were fantastic they gave the life to their characters to this movie they deserve applause to their works reigniting the same efforts that are done to the previous movie and for new comers in this movie did there excellent performance as well ! .

* The Screen play was brilliant it utilized all the characters perfectly displaying correct amount segments need to be executed that gives all that excitement and adventure that we are seeking from this movie .

* Visual Effects are utilized up to the core with all essentials it has gathered during the screenplay its sparkles with all the clarity .

* The Director J.J. Abrams has once again gave us the wonderful movie he deserves an applause for making such a great sequel that is both exciting and wonderful !! .

* The Movie is overall great and awesome !! with all the clarity it has gathered it shines like sparkling gemstones !! .

Star Trek Into Darkness :**********

(10/10) Stars
  3. Mar 8, 2014
    It's just as awesome has its predecessor. There's a ton of intense action, humor, powerful acting - everything you expected from this sequel. This is a fantastic visionary roller-coaster ride.
  4. Mar 2, 2014
    I liked it cause it was fast moving, and no where as slow as I thought it might be. The main villain was really interesting. It was the most interesting movie overall that I have seen in a few months.
  5. Mar 2, 2014
    Star Trek at its finest; Great story, strong villain, excellent special effects, self-sacrifice by a leading character. Yes, "The Wrath of Khan" is generally thought of as the best Star Trek film for very good reasons. "Into Darkness", however, is basically a clone of a much better film. It's ok, and certainly better than the other "Khan" clone film "Nemesis", but the fact that they copied the plot and much of the dialogue word-for-word is pretty sad when you think of it. Not as good as the first film in the reboot. Expand
  6. Feb 23, 2014
    Star Trek as nothing but an endless series of action shots, if you want a war movie set in the Star Trek universe than this is for you. It's not Star Trek, it's a over done over utilized ghost of what the series should be. Lots of shooting, blowing things up and fist fights, lots and lots and lots. I found my sympathies going for those apposed to Kirk and in support of Khan and those who thawed him out. Do not spend money on this, if you want to still see it, wait for it to come out on cable for free. Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2014
    It might not be as awesome as the previous movie, but as a huge Star Trek fan I really liked this movie, because it's so spectacular and thrilling to watch, GO ABRAMS!!!

The first thing I got to say about this movie is the opening scene, it's one of the greatest opening scenes I've ever seen, and it's even better than in the previous movie! The actors in Star Trek Into Darkness are
    flawless, and combined with the newcomer Benedict Cumberbatch couldn't the actors be more awesome. When it comes to the quality and the special effects in Star Trek Into Darkness do I really think they did a great job, because the film is so well made and it contains so much details, not to mention the lens flares and the new "warp effect", even thought I liked the old one more. Star Trek Into Darkness is truly an awesome movie, because I never got bored, and I really loved the high amount of action and adventure in this movie. The movie also contains many unique and new awesome scenes that just got me of guard, especially the scenes on Earth. The story in Star Trek Into Darkness is flawless, and it truly is an enormous cool movie, that truly is packed of Star Trek references from the original series, which I truly admire as a Star Trek fan. The music is just as awesome in this movie as in the previous one, even thought it wasn't that vigorous as in the previous movie.
    The ending in Star Trek Into Darkness was wonderful, and I can't wait until the next movie comes out!

The negative thing about this movie is that it wasn't the same high tempo as in the previous movie, but also that it wasn't so much adventure, just darkness and corruption, and it wasn't that much "Star Trek" really. The movie also contains many illogical decisions from some of the characters which made it weird, so it wasn't as great as the 2009 movie.

Star Trek Into Darkness is an awesome and logical movie to watch, because it's so fascinating, although it wasn't that great as the previous movie.

Star Trek Into Darkness gets a 9,5/10
  8. Feb 15, 2014
    The voyages continue: Star Trek for people who don't like Star Trek. A big, dumb summer popcorn flick with zip, wiz, bang action, lots of explosions, fist-fights and running around. One of the most beloved 'Trek instalments (The Wrath of Khan) gets the prison shower treatment by the conclusion of Into Darkness. Unintelligent, formulaic, forgettable.
  9. Feb 10, 2014
    I rated this one as the same as I rated the first one. Mainly because I just coudn't decide which one I thought was better. I would probably say that this one is slighty lesser than the first for the sole reason that I was expecting bigger and better for the sequel (although I'm not sure why considering how sequels usually seem to go). I say if you liked the first one, you'll probably like this one too. Expand
  10. Feb 3, 2014
    很爽快的黑暗系科幻大作,视听效果在IMAX3D屏幕中达到最大化,3D效果激赞,角色很多但每个角色都有其独特的人格和思维,整个电影节奏流畅,几场大战惊险刺激,配乐激赞。
  11. Jan 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have never watched any Star Trek prior to the first movie reboot. I have no nostalgia needs and qualms with change. Just to preface this review.

The villain is fantastic- I cannot emphasize this enough. He's more than I even expected. You need to go into this movie with the correct genre in your mind- sci-fi action movie. And that's exactly what you get, in spades.

I do, however, have an incredibly large gripe with the ending. A very important aspect of the ending is such a cop out. The plot device that "led" up to the against-all-odds reversal is so poorly implemented that I almost want to call it a deus ex machina. A tragic hero would have made a far better conclusion- especially based on the themes present during the ending.

I absolutely adored everything about this movie leading up to the ending, which just falls completely flat, in my opinion. The thrill ride comes to a complete stop at the end and I felt almost frustrated after watching it because I loved every second leading up to the end.

I have a lot of beef with the ending, but at the end of the day,I would still recommend this movie.
  12. Jan 12, 2014
    Star Trek Into Darkness: The sequel to the 2009 reboot, which was very good. I am also a huge Star Trek fan, so I was kind of interested in it. It had great acting with okay visuals. I mean, it had several confusing parts that will need to be thought out as you watch it, but overall I would definitely watch it again.
  13. Jan 10, 2014
    Star Trek Into Darkness is a decent space adventure for Kirk and Company. Benedict Cumberbatch is especially cool as a re-envisioned Khan. A major downside, however, is the clumsy reworking of scenes from the original Wrath of Khan, which in turn opens up the movie to direct comparisons with the former classic... and that inevitably reflects badly on the Into Darkness.
  14. Jan 6, 2014
    I really wanted to enjoy this movie. Encouraged by Abrams and company's claims that anything could happen in this new Trek universe, I was looking forward to a new take on an old character. Instead, the movie goes out of its way to compare itself to "Wrath of Khan," to the point of using the same dialogue, and, in the end, it comes up short. "Khan" was thrilling, suspenseful and surprising, leading to a shocking ending. "Into Darkness" ends up being a mere shadow of the original, that not only fails to thrill (because we know where its going), but carefully puts all of the pieces back the way it found them at the end, so as not to upset the audience. It other words, it plays it safe. Too bad, because the first two thirds is actually a decent film. Expand
  15. Jan 1, 2014
    Better than the first in every way it can be, I really am starting to appreciate these new Star Trek movies more and more. I wasn't a giant fan of the first one, it felt too short and thin in story and content, but Into Darkness repairs and improves that.

Star Trek: Into Darkness gets a 7.8/10
  16. Dec 30, 2013
    Having never even heard of Star Trek, I have to say this movie does a decent job at appealing to non-fans. The pacing is pretty much perfect, and the characters are great. There wasn't a great deal of storytelling but still the movie didn't feel dragged out. There's nothing special here, and you wouldn't be missing out if you didn't watch it, but if you're new to Star Trek it's OK I guess.
  17. Dec 28, 2013
    Better than J.J. Abrams' first Star Trek installment, Into Darkness works primarily because of its actors (Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch in particular) and because its action sequences are expertly constructed and don't exhaust the viewer.
  18. Dec 26, 2013
    Garbage writing. Too many plot holes to mention (google them if you want more detail). My main complaint is this: there are 2 "schemes" carried out by 2 villains in this movie that are lacking in logic and full of flaws. How this crap writing got past the critics is beyond me. I can only guess that the critics were pressured by the Hollywood mafia to give this movie good reviews. I can't believe this is what passes as movie writing these days. How was this script approved? How do these writers get work? They must "know some people in the business" if you know what I mean. Not a fan of the Lindelof/Abrams posse. After Prometheus, I have to peg Lindelof as a guy who fancies himself a genius. He attempts these convoluted plots and they always just end up full of plot holes. I'm not sure he's smart enough to tackle the complex storylines that he attempts. Maybe they need to spend a few more weeks in the writer's room to fill in those plot holes before moving forward with these garbage movie scripts. TV writing is so much better these days. Expand
  19. Dec 24, 2013
    It could have been so much better! There were moments but there was so much dumb stuff going on (starship under the ocean,,,???) that it really detracted from the story, 30% cool. 70% stupid.
  20. Dec 21, 2013
    A decent sequel that falters on trying to recreate the magic of the original Star Trek 2. Not only is some of the casting questionable but the lack of camaraderie between the characters that was seen in the first instalment leaves a bitter note in my mouth.
  21. Dec 21, 2013
    What more feature of this movie are the special effects and achieve a great 3D makes you feel like you are in space. No becomes epic as Star Wars (the first released), but manages to be very good. The performances (especially Zachary Quinto perfectly honoring the great Leonard Nimoy) are perfect. The various plot twists, and an unexpected array of characters manage best left to the movie. The action scenes and fights are brilliant. The bad: some dull moments. Expand
  22. lox
    Dec 10, 2013
    Overall Into Darkness was good. For me it wasn't as enjoyable or refreshing as its predecessor, but it most certainly had a better villain. One thing I really didn't like though was how they took the minor characters and made them feel even more secondary in this installment than in the first. Also the moment where Carol undressed in front of Kirk was gapingly obvious and shoe horned eye candy. If you're a female you don't willingly go into a room with another guy, and simply ask him not to look while you're getting undressed. The more logical thing to do would be to do this on your own time. "I told you not to look"....obvious shoe horned eye candy. Either way, the action was intense, the visuals were stunning, the characters were great and the performances were good especially from Benedict Cumberbatch who kills it as Khan. Expand
  23. Dec 10, 2013
    Starts in the same manner of good old goofy fun as the first film did. We can't get enough proof of Kirk's style of reckless, life-threatening circus stunts which the Starfleet still seems to take for unusual leadership qualities. By my count he should have been court-martialled a long time ago.

An incident in which Kirk saves Spock's life fails to make him notice why the captain risked
    all to go after him. Kirk is demoted soon to be promoted again. He and his crew are sent to hunt down a mad man named John Harrison on a planet controlled by the Klingons. Needless to say, conflict takes place time and again to spice up the narrative. There's plenty of opportunities for everyone in the crew to display heroics.

Harrison played by Benedict Cumberbatch was the most interesting part of the movie. Frankly, he is the reason the sequel managed to distinguish itself so well from the first movie. There is not much else going on that does that. Coming with a definite advantage in the acting department, the intensity and raw emotion he brings to the screen make him the most enduring character. He is a baffling individual. Another important character who plays a role in the conflict is Admiral Marcus, who heads the Starfleet. A female character also joins the cast.

Spock steps up as a character. Many of the most crucial scenes were centred around him. We see more of his half-human portion. I'm coming to believe that Chris Pine only seems to come into his own when he is playing Captain Kirk, who seems to have the same attributes he has in real life.

The plot was intriguing, and oddly, what kept me excited was the fact that more than halfway through the running time, I still had not made up my mind about who the real villain was. The fighting scenes were thrilling and kept my adrenaline pumping. The score was riveting and an improvement over the one from the last film. The visual effects were spectacular. J.J Abrams took it a bit easy on lens flare this time around.

Alien species were better handled. Nothing seems to zap someone out of the story faster than an alien interacting with humans as if it were nothing. It immediately makes the sceptics cry out in protest about the non-seriousness of the subject matter, so please no funny looking alien sidekicks for comic relief. If it doesn't achieve anything to advance the plot or show something extremely important, it is probably for the best that they stay out. Klingons, however, do not count in this argument, for they are essential to the story, or will be, hopefully.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The climax was mind-blowing and so were the visual effects. We get to see some very nice-looking new spaceships. The Klingon vessels looked the best and oddly the most like the aircraft from our world. The narrative did not suffer from the focus on the effects, set design, costume and make-up. In pursuit of creating a world which felt real and complete, Abrams did not lose sight of the object of telling a good story. At two hours, the movie felt short. I was ready to go for a bit longer. A few more scenes with Harrison could have perhaps succeeded in bestowing upon the movie a timeless quality. He could have been the Joker of Star Trek's universe.

Though people would always prefer a good story over an amalgamation of quasi-science and debates about whether something qualifies as science fiction or not, I'm nevertheless pleased that Star Trek universe was brought to mainstream attention with such flare by Abrams. Star Wars may still be the most beloved for reasons other than being set in space (I've always believed that it was liked because of the characters and the conflict rather than the fact that it was set in space), I'm still content that Star Trek managed to show us something that could actually be our future rather than something that is absolutely impossible. For sticking to the limits imposed by the genre, I shall always admire Star Trek more than Star Wars, for the latter would be much better described as a blend between science fiction and fantasy.

A sequel outshining a first instalment is not so rare, but I've still seen too many which were botched up and left me distrustful of the whole notion. Fortunately, this was not one of those times.
  24. Dec 8, 2013
    Amazing roller-coaster! Best summer movie of 2013 along with Man of Steel. Lives to the hype created by the first one from 2009. All the characters are likable, the chemistry between the two leading men is amazing. And they got it right with the villain(s) this time. He was powerful, scary and interesting. The visuals and action are crazy good, just the opening scenes alone are outstanding. Can´t wait to see the next and final one. Never cared about Star Trek in my life, but this trilogy... yaasss they brought it to life. Expand
  25. Dec 2, 2013
    The direction and visual effects are very good, the villain is sinister and makes you wonder what he plans to do. However, the second half is worse than the first and the movie fails to deliver what you expect: there is no star trek (the Enterprise is immobilized for a long time) and no darkness (no one dies and some secondary characters function as comic reliefs). Moreover, the villain is defeated in a silly way (he should have checked the cargo), the Klingons appear only to have their butts kicked and Kirk is missing from the climax, as if the writers could not decide who the protagonist is, him or robotic Spock.
    argonautis.eu
  26. Dec 1, 2013
    I kinda hate star trek. But even I loved this movie. Everyone in the movie was great. All around great movie. Definitely worth seeing if you can. Best Star Trek ever done.
  27. Nov 29, 2013
    It lives up to its hype and predecessor with a very strong script, great acting, great action sequences, a surprising emotional scope and a landmark antagonist.
  28. Nov 28, 2013
    Hot flippin good for a scifi action thriller. The last two latest films for ST have actually rescued it. I can't wait for the next installment. The first was really tremendous. This one builds on the former success. Personally, I'm getting a bit tired of the low scoring guys gotta ask y'all a question: are you alive? Does your heart beat? If you hate the franchise so much, why see any of the films? If you have a heart. If you have an independent personality. This film will give you some great entertainment. Expand
  29. Nov 18, 2013
    The film wasnt perfect, but few films are. However, it did entertain and the good aspects certainly outweigh the bad.
    Cumberpatch played Kahn very well, a strong villain was something the last film lacked so it was great to see a villain that you can respect is properly bad, a villain that had I have met face to face, I would be very frightened of.
    The characters were also much more
    compelling this time around. Kirk actually grew as a person, overcoming his arrogance and self interest to save the lives of his crew members.
    An excellent sequel and a an excellent film.
  30. Nov 3, 2013
    Horrible. Completely misses the point behind Star Trek and fail to live up to even the worst of the TV series. No thinking is required. Despite the amount of whizzes, bangs, and booms in this movie it is actually unexciting. The entire movie is basically one unbroken chain of action sequences and special effects with flurries on fan service and shallow parodies of beloved characters. Also the special effects are horribly overproduced and the customs and alien designs are sub par even the TV series had better effects. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Abrams and his screenwriters (Robert Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof) are so obsessed with acknowledging and then futzing around with what we already know about Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura, Scotty and company that the movie doesn’t breathe.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    May 21, 2013
    You wind up feeling doubly bullied -- first by the brutal enormity of the set pieces, and then by the emotional arm-twisting of the downtimes. [20 May 2013, p.122]
  3. Reviewed by: Lawrence Toppman
    May 17, 2013
    Is it too much to ask that he take a risk next time and kill somebody off, however much we’re used to having them in the “Trek” universe?