6.1

1. Dec 7, 2014
    A superior sequel. Star Wars: Attack of the clones is better than Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (but so is smashing your head against the Bathroom mirror).
  2. Nov 18, 2014
    After the roller coaster exertion of the first movie, Lucas' joyous prequel Star Wars trilogy is a galactic wonder, in many ways you feel more interested in Annakin's story than you would with Luke's. The usage of CGI and the technology available now the story has far more immersive potential. Attack Of The Clones is better than the first one and is far more investing and story-drivenAfter the roller coaster exertion of the first movie, Lucas' joyous prequel Star Wars trilogy is a galactic wonder, in many ways you feel more interested in Annakin's story than you would with Luke's. The usage of CGI and the technology available now the story has far more immersive potential. Attack Of The Clones is better than the first one and is far more investing and story-driven rather than action-driven. It's no work of art, but in comparison this is the empire strikes back of the prequel trilogy. Expand
  3. Nov 9, 2014
    This is without a doubt the worst of the six star wars films. The action is way too sporadic, and Hayden Christensen cannot act for toast. Having said that there is one good scene, but one good action scene does not a good movie create, and this is not a good movie. It also doesn't really explain or add to the overall storyline very much so you might as well just skip this one.
  4. Oct 18, 2014
    Ten years after the events in "The Phantom Menace," Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi (McGregor) and Anakin Sywalker (Christensen) are summoned to protect Padme Amidala (Portman) after an assassination attempt is made on her life. Anakin's love of Amidala grows when the pair returns to Naboo, and Obi-Wan's investigation of the death plot reveals sinister designs that threaten to bring the GalacticTen years after the events in "The Phantom Menace," Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi (McGregor) and Anakin Sywalker (Christensen) are summoned to protect Padme Amidala (Portman) after an assassination attempt is made on her life. Anakin's love of Amidala grows when the pair returns to Naboo, and Obi-Wan's investigation of the death plot reveals sinister designs that threaten to bring the Galactic Republic to the brink of war. Expand
  5. Aug 28, 2014
    Vastly underrated amongst critics and fans, the Attack of the Clones is one of George Lucas' finest achievements in cinematic history. The story here is spellbinding and, when back with modern era technologies, the visuals have never looked this good. Natalie Portman and Ewan MacGregor prove their potential and worth alongside veterans such as Christopher Lee and Samuel L. Jackson.
  6. Aug 17, 2014
    A less impressive sequel to episode I, but the epic battles and the history before the dark times keeps me entertained while watching this second installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones is an spectacular movie when it comes to the CGI, it's so well made, and I really got to say that this movie got everything from great action to a wonderful story. This movie got many unique things that really took me of guard, and I never got bored! The soundtrack composed by John Williams is spectacular as it always is! Attack of the Clones isn't a flawless movie, because it took about an hour until the movie really started, so it was a slow tempo in the start. Another thing is that the CGI is a bit vague at some places, but also that the first 30 minutes is a little to slow for my taste.

This is a damn good movie, but when it comes to the first part of the movie when nothing really big happened, and combined with the non-Star Wars feeling throughout the movie, isn't it the best Star Wars movie.

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones get a 8/10
  7. Aug 3, 2014
    out of the prequel trilogy this is my least favourite one, its a bit dull and drags out in places but by no means a BAD film, but it dissapointed me, 7/10 is a fair score
  8. Jul 30, 2014
    "Attack of the Clones" is better than its prequel predecessor, but is still too weak compared to the original films. The plot seems weak, the dialogue stupid and performances are unacceptably mediocre. Anakin and Amidala don't look in love, because Christensen and Portman cannot even pretend they have chemistry. Direction is good, especially in the CGI battles and the visuals are of a"Attack of the Clones" is better than its prequel predecessor, but is still too weak compared to the original films. The plot seems weak, the dialogue stupid and performances are unacceptably mediocre. Anakin and Amidala don't look in love, because Christensen and Portman cannot even pretend they have chemistry. Direction is good, especially in the CGI battles and the visuals are of a decent but not high quality (this movie came along the same time as "The Lord of the Rings"), mainly due to overuse of the chroma key technique, with the exception of a charming view in Varykino, where Anakin and Padme take refuge.

It's a pity Williams' beautiful score is wasted on such a terrible claptrap.
  9. May 23, 2014
    A film only good to make fun out of and rip apart when watching with friends. Another disgraceful chapter on Lucas' relentless mission to give people his unpolished mess of his Star Wars prequels vision.
    This film is a bundle of **** it has everything: bad dialogues, bland lifeless characters, probably the stupidest idea of a romance ever captured on the big screen, overuse of CGI to the point it all looks like a videogame cutscene (like an expensive episode of Command and Conquer) and lore breaking decisions that were outright stupid (like giving Yoda a lightsaber). And at the epicenter of this butchering of the franchise is none other than Georgy, because like Phantom Menace it felt like there was no collaboration - they do only what George tells them to do without questioning his decisions (feels like George is the Emperor himself)
  10. May 3, 2014
    Once again Lucas manages to kill our love for Star Wars. This movie, like its is bad but slightly, and i mean slightly better. This movie is just a badly written pile of crap. From crappy acting, to bad effects, to laughable dialouge. this movie is a train wreck. However the only reason it pulls a 5 is for the musical score which is fantastic. The fights are very entertaining. and lessOnce again Lucas manages to kill our love for Star Wars. This movie, like its is bad but slightly, and i mean slightly better. This movie is just a badly written pile of crap. From crappy acting, to bad effects, to laughable dialouge. this movie is a train wreck. However the only reason it pulls a 5 is for the musical score which is fantastic. The fights are very entertaining. and less jar jar and no more stupid kid. Hayden may not be so good due to his wooden acting but ill take him over that crappy kid. Expand
  11. Apr 22, 2014
    Attack of the Clones is a worthy addition to the Star Wars franchise. It doesn't have the power Episode IV did, but it's definitely a good movie for fans or non-fans.
  12. Mar 1, 2014
    Entertainment Monthly: 72% 7.3Though it still suffers from an overabundance of exposition, the action quotient is upped considerably in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, which makes it an improvement over The Phantom Menace. Its awesome.
  13. Feb 3, 2014
    相较前传I,这部虽然有了很大的战斗场面,但那动画片的质感迟迟没有解决,故事比较无聊,也就尤达大师最后出来救个场。
  14. Jan 26, 2014
    The story is outstanding, the lore is incredible, and the dialogue is complete and utter garbage. Doesn't mean that it isn't good, though. This is where it really shows how the Republic is disintegrating and how Anakin is unstable.
  15. Jan 1, 2014
    A step down from The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones has an over usage of effects (although they're decent) and still doesn't capture the same Star Wars feel the original trilogy had.
  16. Dec 30, 2013
    "Attack of the Clones" is just slightly better than its predecessor. We have some cooler action sequences but still remains a bit dreary. At 142 minutes, it feels slightly overlong, and when you look back, there are quite a few dull and unnecessary scenes that are in the film anyways.
  17. Oct 6, 2013
    Laughable acting with poorly done action scenes makes Star Wars Episode 2 one worth missing. The fact that I paid to see this when it first came out pisses me off.
  18. Jul 15, 2013
    This is the weakest entry in the entire series (while not terrible, it is still far from perfect- with the acting done by Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen- ew it got pretty bad)...but on a good note, the visuals are pretty great (expect for Yoda), the action was awesome, the music was great and set the mood (John Williams did awesome once again). I won't say I love this film, but IThis is the weakest entry in the entire series (while not terrible, it is still far from perfect- with the acting done by Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen- ew it got pretty bad)...but on a good note, the visuals are pretty great (expect for Yoda), the action was awesome, the music was great and set the mood (John Williams did awesome once again). I won't say I love this film, but I do enjoy it. Expand
  19. Jul 5, 2013
    While stronger than the first, but no where near the original trilogy, "Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones" has a weak script, and works against the film from the technology put to it, but is still full of fun and battling scenes that aren't too disappointing.
  20. May 29, 2013
    I wanted to see more starfighters battle scenes than lightsaber battle scenes like Millennium Falcon from Return of the Jedi. I don't really like lightsaber. I like Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire than the movies.
    I wanted Jamison Jones to be in the movie.
    I don't like when there are too many people,aliens in the scene, like The Lord of the Rings, The Dark Knight Rises. Characters
    I wanted Jamison Jones to be in the movie.
    Characters were quite boring, I wanted to see characters with make-up, mask on, human form Alien, 4 leg aliens, monsters.
  21. Apr 29, 2013
    Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones has the biggest problem of any of the Star Wars films. Namely the romance between Padme and Anakin. Anakin spends most of the movie sneering and acting like a bottled up psychopath... And yet we're supposed to swallow that someone as smart as a senator falls head over heels in love with him? Unconvincing to say the least. Aside from that,Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones has the biggest problem of any of the Star Wars films. Namely the romance between Padme and Anakin. Anakin spends most of the movie sneering and acting like a bottled up psychopath... And yet we're supposed to swallow that someone as smart as a senator falls head over heels in love with him? Unconvincing to say the least. Aside from that, however, Attack of the Clones impresses with some great action scenes, a terrific final reel and an appearance from Christopher Lee. Which pretty much balances things out in the long run. Expand
  22. Apr 25, 2013
    Even with the reduced Jar-Jar Binks screen time, Lucas' grueling, emo space opera some how achieves the dubious achievement of being worse than 'The Phantom Menace'. Even Though episode 1 was a bad movie, it contained a couple entertaining scenes e.g. The Pod race and The final duel. Episode 2 has the infuriating dilemma of having absolutely no engaging, memorable or even slightlyEven with the reduced Jar-Jar Binks screen time, Lucas' grueling, emo space opera some how achieves the dubious achievement of being worse than 'The Phantom Menace'. Even Though episode 1 was a bad movie, it contained a couple entertaining scenes e.g. The Pod race and The final duel. Episode 2 has the infuriating dilemma of having absolutely no engaging, memorable or even slightly entertaining scenes. Even the Yoda light saber scene reeks of desperate fan pleasing Collapse
  23. Apr 12, 2013
    This is a completely stupid love story. That's it. That's the review. Why does Padme' marry Anakin? Watch redlettermedia's review on youtube. Also, I hate George Lucas.
  24. Mar 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The locations are memorable and interesting; the craggy canyons of Geonosis and the torrential storms of Kamino were immediately imprinted in my head when I first saw them. The CGI strengthens the film-the action sequences look amazing, from the speeder chase at the film's beginning, to the ending confrontation between the Jedi and Count Dooku. Seeing Yoda finally whip out his lightsaber and fight was very exciting. I don't get why people complain about him jumping around during the fight, though; such acrobatics show an interesting contrast between Yoda's age, and his actual power in the Force, and skill in lightsaber combat. No one would expect a 874-year-old green troll to have such mobility. Each of the planets is a representation of what is happening on the planet. Coruscant is shrouded in fog, Kamino is shrouded in mystery, and Geonosis is shrouded in violence; each is part of the shroud of the dark side that is ever-present in the film-in one of the main characters, and in the events that move the story along. I liked the characters of Obi-Wan, Padmé, and Anakin, as well as each of the conflicts and struggles they faced in the film. Again, I didn't get the accusations of "wooden" acting and "boring" characters. When watching the film, I believed that the characters were the characters, not actors playing characters. Lucas delivered another good screenplay, with some help from Jonathan Hales, and the politics-as well as the machinations of the Sith, and the slow erosion of the Republic-are fantastically done. Not only that, but the characters are believable and realistic for the situations they are placed in. The romance between Anakin and Padmé has been ridiculed for being "cheesy" and "clichéd," but I think the moments and dialogue between them are perfect for their situation, as well as the universe that they live in. Besides, I love a romance between "star-crossed" lovers. Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones is a wonderfully-done film, and it is certainly worth your time to watch the second episode of the Star Wars saga. Expand
  25. Mar 8, 2013
    The worst of the Star Wars films. The dialogue between Padme and Anakin is really bad, and the movie is pretty boring up until when the characters are chained up and attacked by animals and droids. The lightsaber fight at the end was too short, it was good to watch Yoda fighting Dooku, but it was too short.
  26. Feb 26, 2013
    The purpose of this film seems to be to give context to characters with little or no point to them, in order to justify selling small plastic versions of them later.
  27. Feb 21, 2013
    Good actors, nice effects and overall a very good movie!
    A must to see if you like sci-fi
  28. Jan 2, 2013
    As a kid I loved Star Wars Attack of the Clones. The film had good music, CGI effects, and sound effects. I loved the universe of Star Wars and I still do. However, now that I am older I see the films biggest problems. The terrible pacing of the film along with no real threat or conflict along with weak characters and story prevent the film from being as good as the original Star WarsAs a kid I loved Star Wars Attack of the Clones. The film had good music, CGI effects, and sound effects. I loved the universe of Star Wars and I still do. However, now that I am older I see the films biggest problems. The terrible pacing of the film along with no real threat or conflict along with weak characters and story prevent the film from being as good as the original Star Wars films. I could go into great depth about the problems with the characters and the story and why and how their weak but if you want that go watch RedLetterMedia Expand
  29. Dec 29, 2012
    The dialogue is excruciating, the characters and performances range from unbearable to decent, but the story and special effects are fascinating enough to save it from complete failure.
  30. Dec 8, 2012
    If you thought episode 1 was bad then wait until you see this. Awful love story, it tries to be funny and fails badly and the plot is just plain boring. This has to be the worse out of all the star wars films, however jar jar isn't in it! (YAY)
  31. Dec 4, 2012
    Still nowhere near as good as any movie in the original trilogy, but unlike Episode I, at least this one is actually watchable if you can put up with the lame dialog. It's a mediocre movie but there are some really cool scenes in it so I have bumped it up to an 8/10.
  32. Dec 4, 2012
    The second film of the prequel series manages to do better than the first, but still meanders about in telling its story. The movie isn't bad by any means, but it seems stuck in a place where the creative team knew they had to save most of the best material for the following entry.
  33. Nov 12, 2012
    The battle sequences are nothing short of brilliant. What I have a problem with, is the love story between Anakin and Padme. For how much it tried, it just couldn't convince me.
  34. Oct 31, 2012
    Ill give this film the benefit of the doubt...it had some good action scenes. Now onto the second major event in Anakins turning to the dark side comes his love for Padme Amidala and the death of his mother. Attack of the Clones highlights how the clone wars began and how Anakin first started to break the Jedi order. Again good special effects but poor execution from the once great George Lucas.
  35. Aug 18, 2012
    All I can say is: WHY GEORGE LUCAS WHY. The conversation on Naboo about sand made me cringe in my seat. Hayden Christensen is HORRIBLE. The music is a saving grace of the film, but there are just too many problems with the acting, the writing, everything.
  36. Jul 16, 2012
    Attack of the Clones contains the worst love story in the history of science fiction and the action is covered in overrated visual effects. The acting between Anakin and Padme was also bad. The battle of Geonosis also had too many explosions and too many walkers and droids destroying each other. It was pretty stale without any dogfight-like scenes. The duel between Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku,Attack of the Clones contains the worst love story in the history of science fiction and the action is covered in overrated visual effects. The acting between Anakin and Padme was also bad. The battle of Geonosis also had too many explosions and too many walkers and droids destroying each other. It was pretty stale without any dogfight-like scenes. The duel between Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku, and Yoda was boring. But some of the action was pretty good including the dogfight over Geonosis between Obi-Wan and Jango/Boba Fett but the story involved too with the horrible love story. Expand
  37. Jul 13, 2012
    My least favorite of the Star Wars movies. Yes, the special effects are once again undeniably impressive, but the whole romance story is boring and the dialogue is sometimes ridiculous.
  38. Jun 9, 2012
    All in all, a better film than the Phantom Menace. Great action sequences, weird, fan fiction quality plotting, pacing again is still off. The so called love story between Padme and Anakin felt contrived. But still Lucas fails to create that 'magic' from the original Star Wars trilogy.
  39. May 21, 2012
    Star wars: episode II: attack of the clones is alright, it's an improvement on episode I (only a small amount of an improvement, mainly because jar jar binks is hardly in it and that it has a little more action in it). The good: some exciting action, good music, not much jar jar binks, clones, cool Yoda (not weird puppet). The bad: boring politics, really cheesy, terrible acting (exceptStar wars: episode II: attack of the clones is alright, it's an improvement on episode I (only a small amount of an improvement, mainly because jar jar binks is hardly in it and that it has a little more action in it). The good: some exciting action, good music, not much jar jar binks, clones, cool Yoda (not weird puppet). The bad: boring politics, really cheesy, terrible acting (except from Samuel l Jackson as mace windu). Expand
  40. Apr 2, 2012
    Mucho mejor que la anterior. Tal vez la barba de Obi-Wan añadio un poco de "La Fuerza" a la franquicia. Esta vez es mucho mas fiel a lo que uno espera de Star Wars. Con una mejor historia y efectos especiales fantasticos, esta si es una memorable secuela a la trilogia que marco un "hit" en la ciencia ficcion.
  41. Mar 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was very shocked to see how messy this film was. There were to many love scenes and not enough fighting. However I would not call it the worst film ever but it was the worst film in the Star Wars trilogy. There is however a good fight scene at the end but that is just about it. Also the movie posts good CGI but, it doesn't live up to the original one at all. Expand
  42. Mar 7, 2012
    From the arena scene until the end credits represent one of the most amazingly fun and exciting 40ish minutes I've ever seen on a theater screen. From the opening of the film until the start of the arena scene represents one of the most stilted, badly acted, face-palmingly awful drags I've ever seen on a theater screen. A sizable improvement over the monkey-at-a-typewriter bull crap thatFrom the arena scene until the end credits represent one of the most amazingly fun and exciting 40ish minutes I've ever seen on a theater screen. From the opening of the film until the start of the arena scene represents one of the most stilted, badly acted, face-palmingly awful drags I've ever seen on a theater screen. A sizable improvement over the monkey-at-a-typewriter bull crap that was Episode 1 but this is still in a galaxy far, far away from the original trilogy. Expand
  43. Feb 8, 2012
    The original trilogy was thought provoking, original, and memorable. This trilogy is mind numbing, recycled, and forgettable. Although this movie is better than episode I, it still lacks nearly everything that I loved about the originals. Anikan is such a **** The love story is stale. The plot is thin. This movie had some great ideas, but they were executed with clumsiness. Lucas shouldThe original trilogy was thought provoking, original, and memorable. This trilogy is mind numbing, recycled, and forgettable. Although this movie is better than episode I, it still lacks nearly everything that I loved about the originals. Anikan is such a **** The love story is stale. The plot is thin. This movie had some great ideas, but they were executed with clumsiness. Lucas should have hired some decent writers to help him, then perhaps we wouldn't have to struggle through the cliched dialogue. All in all there were some great action sequences, and Natalie Portman is always nice to look at, but this movie was not a success, and is insulting to the original trilogy. Expand
  44. Jan 29, 2012
    I enjoy Star Wars but this one is IMO the worst Film of the series (Not the entire franchise that goes to the holiday special) while the effects are nice the Romance crap just hurts Mr.Lucas you can't write dialogue so stop trying to, also the pace is abysmal even as a kid I wanted little Jedi Annie and Padme to shut up so I can get to a well done Lightsaber fight. The acting by ourI enjoy Star Wars but this one is IMO the worst Film of the series (Not the entire franchise that goes to the holiday special) while the effects are nice the Romance crap just hurts Mr.Lucas you can't write dialogue so stop trying to, also the pace is abysmal even as a kid I wanted little Jedi Annie and Padme to shut up so I can get to a well done Lightsaber fight. The acting by our romancing characters makes me want to hurl it's up to Ewan McGreggor, Samuel L. Jackson and Count Dracula himself Christopher Lee to salvage the thing but alas the were unable to. Expand
  45. Jan 21, 2012
    Lucas should've stuck with the muppets used in episodes IV - VI instead of the green screen CG characters. There's an obvious disconnect between the living breathing actors and those who are digitally created to the point it's just uncomfortable watching those scenes. And the dialogue. WOW . "Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo." Poor Natalie Portman.
  46. Jan 7, 2012
    To say that Christenson and Portman had chemistry is like saying a chair on top of another chair is romance. And to say this is a good movie is like calling a drawing of said stacked chairs porn.
  47. Jan 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just a great movie! It's a very welcomed comeback to star wars, after the childish Phantom Menace. I think it is probably my favourite of the new trilogy because Revenge of the sith is a lot darker (not that it's a bad thing but I like it when the clones are on the Republic's side.) Expand
  48. Dec 9, 2011
    Despite the improvement from its disastrous predocessor, 'Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones' offers little more than CGI and a feeble storyline. Yes, the battles are absolutley incredible, but it lacks a certain substance which gives a film emotional depth. However, brilliant music and battle scenes make the film incredibly exciting, resulting in nothing more than an average film.
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    Taking a huge turn for the worst, This film is prety terrible. It really has no build up to it at all, It feels like its just a bunch of random scenes cut together that they hoped would give a good experiance to the viewer but it doesnt. The lead actors/actresses are pretty terrible as well.
  50. Oct 21, 2011
    Attack of the Clones has all the hallmarks of a decent Sci-Fi film, in fact a great Star Wars film but it is let down by truly terrible scripting (Obi Wan's "I Don't believe you" to Dooku being one of many) some poor casting choices (Hayden Christiansen) and an annoying love story that was necessary but thoroughly irritating.
  51. Oct 9, 2011
    The Phantom Menace wasn't an awful film, and neither is Attack of the Clones, but by-golly it comes close. The acting is even more wooden than in Episode I, the story even less engaging, and guess what? Lucas still can't do dialogue. Hayden Christiansen sets a whole new standard for drab lead performances. He takes the mopey teenager thing to the extreme (despite the fact he's in hisThe Phantom Menace wasn't an awful film, and neither is Attack of the Clones, but by-golly it comes close. The acting is even more wooden than in Episode I, the story even less engaging, and guess what? Lucas still can't do dialogue. Hayden Christiansen sets a whole new standard for drab lead performances. He takes the mopey teenager thing to the extreme (despite the fact he's in his twenties) and the so-called "love" scenes between Anakin and Padme are laughable. Soppy doesn't come close, these scenes are almost unwatchable (especially Anakin comparing his sweetheart to sand). Ewan MacGregor admirably soldiers on through the poor excuse for a script, and does so sporting a fine space-mullet. There is undeniably a lot wrong with Episode II, but it does have a few good points. Temuera Morrison is the very definition of cool, and all scenes featuring Jango Fett are entertaining. The Geonosis area fight featuring an army of Jedi is also a true spectacle. Finally, we get to see Yoda draw a lightsabre for the first time. Fans were divided over whether this is a good or bad thing. I believe the former - Yoda bouncing around like an angry jumping bean with a sword is awesome. Attack of the Clones moves the Star Wars saga dangerously close to parody through the poor quality of the script, acting and story, but somehow, Lucas still managed to make it enjoyable...but only just. Expand
  52. Sep 24, 2011
    George Lucas, similar to "The Phantom Menace", doesn't really give anything except for a high quality CGI battle in "Attack of the Clones".
  53. Aug 9, 2011
    The script, acting and romantic theme are definitely pretty weak, but like The Phantom Menace, the entertaining moments and epic battle scenes topple the bad parts
  54. Jul 8, 2011
    As a moderate fan of Star Wars, I was disappointed by this installment. The action, special effects, and fight scenes were as good as ever, but where the movie truly failed was the acting and the writing. Hayden Christensen is an awful actor, and that is apparent here. Natalie Portman, although great, was not great in this movie. Ewan McGregor was pretty good, but not great. AlthoughAs a moderate fan of Star Wars, I was disappointed by this installment. The action, special effects, and fight scenes were as good as ever, but where the movie truly failed was the acting and the writing. Hayden Christensen is an awful actor, and that is apparent here. Natalie Portman, although great, was not great in this movie. Ewan McGregor was pretty good, but not great. Although Christopher Lee was amazing, as always, his talents were not enough to save the acting. The writing was equally as pitiful. George Lucas may know how to make a movie look good, but he cannot write at all. The romantic scenes were vaguely reminiscent of a grade school playground. I cannot stress how bad those scenes were. Although from a visual standpoint, this was a great success, from a critical standpoint, this movie was very bad. A fan of Star Wars will surely want to see this, but someone who hasn't seen the rest of the series won't. See Revenge of the Sith or The Empire Strikes Back instead, just stay away from Attack of the Clones. Expand
  55. Jul 1, 2011
    Attack of the Clones is much better than the Phantom Menace, undoubtedly the worst Star Wars ever made. But its not a New Hope, an Empire Strikes Back, or even a Return of the Jedi...sadly. Attack of the Clones succeeds in many areas but fails in many more. As said with the Phantom Menace review, the key things that made the original trilogy so magical were its story and characters,Attack of the Clones is much better than the Phantom Menace, undoubtedly the worst Star Wars ever made. But its not a New Hope, an Empire Strikes Back, or even a Return of the Jedi...sadly. Attack of the Clones succeeds in many areas but fails in many more. As said with the Phantom Menace review, the key things that made the original trilogy so magical were its story and characters, universe, and the good acting. Attack of the Clones ties together many, many loose ends lying around with the series, and brings in adult Anakin Skywalker played by Hayden Christensen, who is ultimately dull and boring as an actor and feels sadly even worse than his younger version seen in the Phantom Menace.
    Ewan McGregor is however, much better in AotC than Phantom Menace, seeing an overall stronger performance. Natalie Portman has improved slightly too, but still gives a bit of a "I'm only here to fill in the role" look off. The performances are overall average, and nothing compared to the original trilogy.
    The characters are interesting and while Jar-Jar Binks is briefly seen we don't have to deal with his abomination of a character on screen for long. We see Boba Fett's father, the birth of the stormtroopers, and Anakin Skywalker's looming fate, and its all very great. The new CGI produced Yoda and other aliens makes the experience all the more realistic and is cool.
    But when it adds up for what it is, AotC is still a very, very, very flawed piece of work, that while action packed and fun, lacks the flair or audacity of the original three, and what made them so great.
  56. May 10, 2011
    "Attack of the Clones" again WOW! Anakin's confession to Padme about the Tusken Raiders, that scene really hit a high note for me, I had NO doubt he killed them, well done Hayden! I love the whole Coruscant part of the film, the chase through the city, Dex's dinner great little scene. Kamino, the Cloud City of the PT. Even the love story, yes love story I really enjoy. Very underrated."Attack of the Clones" again WOW! Anakin's confession to Padme about the Tusken Raiders, that scene really hit a high note for me, I had NO doubt he killed them, well done Hayden! I love the whole Coruscant part of the film, the chase through the city, Dex's dinner great little scene. Kamino, the Cloud City of the PT. Even the love story, yes love story I really enjoy. Very underrated. I'm glad Lucas chose to tell the love story in an old fashion courtly manner, instead of the typical uninteresting banter of Han and Leia . The last 50min. "WOW" the most intense ground battle of the Saga, once they get to the droid factory until the Yoda/Dooku fight, pure bliss. In fact, Episode II is the film I watch THE most! LOVE IT! Expand
  57. Apr 25, 2011
    Shockingly bad how after he made so many good films could george lucas make this abomination it is by far the worst thing to have the star wars name attached to it.
  58. Mar 28, 2011
    The haters will never give up, will they? If you seriously think romance in this movie was portrayed terribly, I have read romantic stories that, unlike in Attack of the Clones, are actually bad, they're called "Romeo & Juliet" and the "Twilight" series.
  59. Mar 10, 2011
    The worst part about this movie is Hayden Christensen, he does a terrible job, and brings the entire experience down, it would have been a lot better without him, and the pot is pretty goofy at times, but if your a hardcore Star Wars fan like myself, you'll suck it up and find the good things in the movie.
  60. Feb 9, 2011
    Hayden Christensen is one of the worst modern actors I can think of. To say that him and Natalie Portman (who had a surprisingly poor performance despite her being a fantastic actress) had any chemistry in this movie would be simply absurd. There are some pretty set pieces now and again, and it pushes the star wars story along nicely, but overall not a good movie. In fact its easily theHayden Christensen is one of the worst modern actors I can think of. To say that him and Natalie Portman (who had a surprisingly poor performance despite her being a fantastic actress) had any chemistry in this movie would be simply absurd. There are some pretty set pieces now and again, and it pushes the star wars story along nicely, but overall not a good movie. In fact its easily the worst of all 6. It should also be noted that Anakins speech about "sand" is one of the LAMEST, most PATHETIC, PUTRID, DESPICABLE, pieces of dialogue ive ever seen on film. I wanted to vomit all over George Lucas and burn down the theater. And i'm usually a calm person... Expand
  61. Nov 1, 2010
    The most important movie in the series
  62. Sep 18, 2010
    The 2nd prequel does the job but offers little else. Obviously, the more screen time for Yoda,C3PO AND R2D2 is a plus but this is balanced out by poor acting from Christiensen and Portman. So,the acting is about a 5. However, the effects are brilliant and are probably worthy of a 9 (possibly a 10 if I was reviewing this back in 2002). So, overall a 7. Not classic and not the best but stillThe 2nd prequel does the job but offers little else. Obviously, the more screen time for Yoda,C3PO AND R2D2 is a plus but this is balanced out by poor acting from Christiensen and Portman. So,the acting is about a 5. However, the effects are brilliant and are probably worthy of a 9 (possibly a 10 if I was reviewing this back in 2002). So, overall a 7. Not classic and not the best but still worthy of a watch,if only 1. Expand

1. Attack of the Clones' high-definition surfaces are certainly impressive, but they offer no lifelight, nothing to put your arms around.
  2. Though the look aspires as usual to be both otherworldly and familiar, there's nothing that doesn't reek of southern California (as opposed to Hollywood) plastic, and this is as true of the characters as the decor.
    And while it was always clear that Lucas cared more about special effects than acting, here his lack of interest has produced phenomenally wooden performances from newcomers and veterans alike: Only the imperious Christopher Lee, as baleful Count Dooku, emerges unscathed.