7.2

1. Aug 16, 2014
    Absolute trash and a disgrace to the fans who made Lucas popular. Poor acting, poor story telling, entirely CGI and some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard in a movie.
  2. Jul 30, 2014
    As the conclusion to the "Star Wars" saga, the finale of the film is known from the beginning of the prequel trilogy. It is usually enjoyable to know what happened and try to figure out how it happened, but Lucas' poor inspiration made even this dull. This third film is much better than its two prequel predecessors. CGI is at last rewarding, there are great fight and battle sequences, and the plot is somehow more thrilling, even with its holes and trashy dialogue. "Revenge of the Sith" comes nowhere near close to the promise its plot initially shows, but does not generally tire as much as "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones" did. Expand
  3. Mar 14, 2014
    Oh my god, 3 was sooooooo bad. It was so boring, I could not bring myself to watch all of it. It isn't even bad enough for it's **** to be funny, its just bad and boring.
  4. Jan 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was worth a watch, that is the only good thing I'll say about it. Even then, only watch it when it's on T.V. and you have nothing better to do. Masturbation is a better use of your time.

The most disappointing aspect of the 3 prequels is the lack of artistic integrity. The original 3 were works of imagination, initiative, clever writing, and wonderful story telling with a hint of special effects. The 3 new Star Wars movies are only special effects mixed with bad acting and simple story telling. There were no surprise twists or turns in the story line, it was utterly predictable and uninteresting. Anakin (Hayden Christensen) seemed to be a completely week minded, morally confused, hormonal teen-age girl. Coupled with Haydens terrible acting, it was almost embarrassing to watch. I feel like he got an acting certificate from a community college, or more accurate, Lucas pulled the first semi-decent looking man off the street with no previous acting experience and threw him in as the man who turned into Darth Vader. The Jedi were laughably powerful in some aspects and the actual power of the force was laughably feeble. Light saber duels were overly complicated and literally just a dance with pretty lights. So many questions that this movie doesn't answer and so many questions it raises. Why can Yoda move amazingly dextrous when fighting, yet so crotchety anywhere else? Why, with a council of 10 or so JEDI MASTERS not see this coming when I, a simple watcher of events, knew what was coming, even had I not watched the first films? Why, devoting his ENTIRE life to the Jedi order, did Anakin decide to turn against it with little more than 2 conversations with the emperor? Why was master Windu able to defeat Darth Citius(?) so easily yet Yoda, seemingly the Jedi leader, fall so easily to him? Why would you move to a lava filled, dangerous mining facility with magma splashing around to sword fight? Why is it that NOT ONE person said 'Hey, killing all the Jedi seems wrong.'? Why would the Jedi council put Anakin in charge of watching the emperor if he was obviously close and friendly with him, knowing that he was wildly impressionable? These are just a few of the questions that either needed to not be asked or could have been answered with some basic story telling. The Emperor has been working for YEARS building his power, planning out his take over, conserving his power, yet the plan was laughably feeble and relied far too heavily on events that were, in all realistically, EXTREMELY unlikely to happen. So many holes in the plot and unrealistic events. Bottom line, this movie seemed to be written by 14 year old boys saying "You know what would be cool? um... um... um... if they had a sword fight on lava! Or if um... all the clones were actually really mean instead of the valiant army of level headed clones!" The acting... oh the acting. Natalie Portman, with her disturbing attempt at loving and crying. Hayden was overly dramatic and switched from a dark, twisted lord to a lovey dovey husband and future father, both grossly different emotions for one character. There should have been come carry over but it was a terrible switch in roles. The only decent actor Ewan McGregor. Even Samuel L. Jacksons acting seemed forced. Its as if they did one take for every scene and said "Good enough!" and left it at that.

All in all, doesn't deserve the title of Star Wars by any means, but its still a watchable moving if all you're expecting is flashy special effects.
  5. Jan 1, 2014
    The best of the prequel trilogy undoubtedly but still in the disappointment zone when compared to the original trilogy. It has a good ending though I'll give it that.
  6. Dec 24, 2013
    Lightsabers, thats the only thing this movie brings to the table. I mean seriously I have to write a 150 character review on a movie that consists of lightsabers
  7. Nov 29, 2013
    This film was garbage, and carries on with the same mistakes made in the first two films. It has awful direction, awful scripting and dialogs, awful CGI- which itself is done to death, and has the inability to set a tone for the film.
  8. Oct 7, 2013
    Starts off good but ends pathetically. Terrible acting really hurts the film and it's not helped by the weak plot and the even weaker dialogue. The special effects look great but that's about it.
  9. May 22, 2013
    What's missing about new Star Wars movie is there are no X-Y-A-B wings, Snowspeeder, TIE fighter, Star Destroyer, space battle. I wanted to see many space battle scenes. New Star Wars starfighters were very unattractive. I hate Battle droids, horrible, I wouldn't even like Stormtroopers, they are old.
    I didn't like the idea Yoda fighting by lightsaber, it was odd. I wasn't interesting in
    lightsaber battles, they are old and looks like kids playing each other with sword. I wanted to see more tough characters, fight by sword, knife, do hand to hand combat. do dangerous stunts, Expand
  10. Apr 27, 2013
    All of the positive reviews that I have read keep repeating the same statement, "Its the best of the prequels". This statement may be correct, it still does not count as a positive aspect of the film because, it is almost the definition of dampening a film with false praise. Revenge of the Sith has some enjoyable scenes for sure, it also contains; a platitude of monotonous scenes, bad pacing, piss-poor acting, and some of the worst dialogue of the entire prequel trilogy. It can be so disastrous at times its laughable "NOOOOOO!". For the people who liked the previous films you'll like this, however the only positive aspect of the film that comes to mind is the fact that it finally ends the prequel trilogy. Expand
  11. Mar 30, 2013
    I know that a lot of people love this, and it is the best of the prequels, but the dialogue, acting, and plot is terrible. This is the best prequel, but that's not saying much.
  12. Feb 26, 2013
    This film exhibits poor writing, acting, storytelling, just name any feature and it will most likely be a disappointment. Anakin's fall to the dark side was a story with a huge amount of potential and it has been thoroughly wasted. In that way, it is the worst of the three films and is not considered so only because it is as close as we get to the original trilogy in terms of story.
  13. Dec 30, 2012
    Everyone says this movie got better. Wrong. The acting is still at an all time low, the events unfold in the most messy way possible, and did I mention how terrible the acting was. Anikan had no expression what so freakin ever and still talks like a pathetic three year old. Samuel L. Jackson also surprised me with his terrible performance. He basically proved to us of how bored he was when he did this judging by his actions in the movie. Ewan McGregor was just a smart-a**. The best thing about this film was the awesome visualk effects but it's not much better other than that. Expand
  14. Nov 25, 2012
    As a fan of the first trilogy, I'm still forced to call this episode the 'best' of the second trilogy. Which doesn't help it much. A feeble attempt to 'bring things full circle ("The circle is now complete."???). Even the special effects seem hokey compared to the original 3 films. The only good thing I can say about this is that it's the last film in this set.
  15. Nov 21, 2011
    While it has seen some improvement, Episode 3 isnt all that better then the previous film. The acting still sucks, The story is a little better this time around but not by much, and it ended rather anti-climactic.
  16. Oct 21, 2011
    While not as bad as Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith is still dire because of Lucasâ
  17. Feb 22, 2011
    Good god I wish I could enjoy this with all the rapture that the users do here. I can't even watch it anymore so terrible is the dissapointment of what could have been, as opposed to what we recieved. CG is a toy that Lucas was unable to handle and with no-one to reign him in he went at it with so much reckless abandon that all three movies have all the charm of a computer game intro. This however is the most infuriating of the 3, Anakins turn to the darkside was the most hamfisted fall of a charachter that has ever been devoted to film. "What have I done?" is a repentent statement, not one that immediately proceeds a lifelong devotion to evil. The worst of it though is that Anakin still remains a petulant whiny teen that no-one likes, not even the audience, so when Vader appears on screen it's not as a all encompassing bad-ass but as a **** weepy pinhead in a black suit. Noooooooo indeed. Expand
  18. Feb 16, 2011
    I feel somewhat in the minority when I say that this is BY FAR the worst of the new trilogy, but it just plain is. Anakin's turn to the darkside is what makes it the worst. His turn was handled with all the delicacy of a monster truck rally. I will split this review up into parts. 1) Anakin turns to the darkside in about the time it takes you to scratch your ass. Nevermind all of the horrible oddly specific speeches given to him by Palpatine throughout the movie. The scene where Anakin stumbles upon Sideous and Mace dueling and decides to side with Sideous is so awfully done. Basically Anakin is forced to rashly decide where his allegiance lies, with the people who have trained him and raised him since the age of 9, or with some creepy looking old dude who basically does the equivalent of luring a little kid into their van with the false promise of giving them candy. There is really no drama, intense thought or reasoning, or even any visible struggle in Anakin's decision. Then after its all over its like "well I guess I'll just do whatever you ask now". Really? Thats how he turns? He acts like a little **** the whole movie because his elder's don't think he is mature enough. More like teen angst than "turning to the darkside". 2) The dialogue is SO poor and pathetic that even Republicans were like "well we probably shouldn't exploit that one". I'm pretty sure a 7 year old with down syndrome could write better dialogue. Each line delivered with the stiffness of morning wood. I can only imagine the actors doing a table read of the script "Uh George.... should we REALLY say that? Like really?" 3) The characters are so flat and boring. Grevious? C'mon just call him generic bad guy with sinister voice. All of the Jedi Knights are clearly retarded for not seeing anything wrong with Anakin or Palpatine. Are they not supposed to be the most mindful creatures in the galaxy? Can they not move **** with their minds? Apparently they can't see anything thats happening right in front of them. Padme is pretty much rendered to random sobbing and crying. 4) The end where Vader screams NOOOOOOOO... self explanatory. Theres a whole bunch more, but this is clearly the worst of the new three. At least Phantom Menace had Liam Neeson, and Clones had a cool battle/war sequence. But pretty much every aspect of this movie is garbage I can't imagine anyone, from the director, to the actors, all the way down to the guy who sets up the sandwich spreads in between takes, had their heart in it at all. Expand

Only now can we truly step back and admire the full tapestry that it has taken George Lucas and his ILM wizards nearly three decades to weave.
  2. The final episode of George Lucas' cinematic epic "Star Wars" ends the six-movie series on such a high note that one feels like yelling out, "Rewind!" Yes, rewind through more than 13 hours of bravery, treachery, new worlds, odd creatures and human frailty.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Emerges as the best in the overall series since "The Empire Strikes Back."