7.2

1. Nov 24, 2014
    The new trilogy is over! I really liked it and I also think it's superior to the original one, although most people disagree. Episode III was epic and showed us Anakin's fall to the dark side perfectcly with excelent action scenes and special efects. I know that the dialogue scenes are quite boring, but is very better than the ones in Episodes I and II. The characters are good and the vilains are perfect (Lord Sidious is cruel and intelligent as a true Lord Sith must be and the rise of Darth Vader and the Jedi massacre is one of the best moments I ever saw in movie history). The lightsaber battles are intense, especially the final battle between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader. The final dialogue between Anakin and his old master is incredible, and Ewan MacGreggor does an excelent work showing Obi-Wan's pain when he cuts Darth Vader's legs and arm.
    So, it's an excelent movie and must see for Star Wars fans
  2. Nov 18, 2014
    A powerful epic of the Star Wars saga, standing out as the fiercest and most daring film of them all. The major flaw of not only this picture but the ones leading up to it is all of the collateral has been saved and jammed into Revenge Of The Sith, making it feel like the emphasis is ocassionally not where it needs to be. The pointless characters of the prequel trilogy truly stand in the way, and they are the wookies, General Grevious, Count Dooku and Qui-Gon. Expand
  3. Oct 18, 2014
    The final entry in the prequel trilogy chronicles that downfall of the Republic as the Clone Wars rage on and Anakin Skywalker makes the transition to the dark side of the force.
  4. Sep 12, 2014
    The final part of the prequel trilogy, and definitely the hardest to watch as well. There is more violence, and altogether the film is rather dark and filled with despair, cruelty and hopelessness.

Anakin Skywalker takes strides instead of steps towards the dark side of the Force. It is almost ridiculous how easily he can be pushed along. There is a lot of scheming going on, a couple of
    new characters, but the plot is a bit more forward than before. The story is still a bit jumpy, and there is nothing special to the lines delivered. Only few attempts at humor are actually amusing.

Visually a good movie, and the soundtrack has many good spots in it.

Not a bad film, and definitely a good encouragement to start watching the final three parts.
  5. Aug 28, 2014
    The Revenge of the Sith is a brilliant conclusion to an epic saga. Not only are we offered answers we've been longing since the dawn of Star Wars, but we are extensively entertained on all fronts. Yes, the visuals continue their spectacular prowess, but it's the story the gets us. It'll stick with us forever.
  6. Aug 17, 2014
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith is a huge improvement in comparison to the previous movie, because the amount of action and science fiction is so much higher, and the movie never felt boring. The best things with this movie is the great music, the fabulous opening scene and ending, the spectacular amount of action and of course the connection between the original and the prequel trilogy. There might be some scenes that I find slow and a bit boring and the CGI is a bit vague at some spots, but it's still a great movie from Lucas.

This is one of the greatest movies from George Lucas, because he successfully combined the original with the prequel trilogy.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith get a 8.5/10
  7. Aug 16, 2014
    Absolute trash and a disgrace to the fans who made Lucas popular. Poor acting, poor story telling, entirely CGI and some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard in a movie.
  8. Aug 6, 2014
    My favourite of the trilogy behind Phantom Menace, full of action and a good story. Unlike Episode 2 which i dont rate that highly, it is full of action and keeps you entertained every minute of the way
  9. Jul 30, 2014
    As the conclusion to the "Star Wars" saga, the finale of the film is known from the beginning of the prequel trilogy. It is usually enjoyable to know what happened and try to figure out how it happened, but Lucas' poor inspiration made even this dull. This third film is much better than its two prequel predecessors. CGI is at last rewarding, there are great fight and battle sequences, and the plot is somehow more thrilling, even with its holes and trashy dialogue. "Revenge of the Sith" comes nowhere near close to the promise its plot initially shows, but does not generally tire as much as "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones" did. Expand
  10. Jul 22, 2014
    Thankfully Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is the saving grace for the prequel trilogy of the Star Wars franchise - offering more depth, better action, and an improved script on its far inferior predecessors.
  11. May 3, 2014
    FINALLY a worthy addition to the Star Wars saga. This movie brings the mediocre prequel trilogy out on a high note. If you wanna watch the saga from start to finish...do yourself a favor....start here
  12. Apr 22, 2014
    Revenge of the Sith is a great conclusion to the series, but also works as an independent movie. Lucas is a genius here, and it shows. A thing of admiration it is.
  13. Mar 14, 2014
    Oh my god, 3 was sooooooo bad. It was so boring, I could not bring myself to watch all of it. It isn't even bad enough for it's **** to be funny, its just bad and boring.
  14. Mar 1, 2014
    Entertainment Monthly-85% 8.6This sixth and final installment of George Lucas' epic space opera will please die-hard fanatics and non-believers alike -- largely due to awesome digital effects and the sheer power of the mythology.
  15. Feb 3, 2014
    整个星战系列的最强特效,终于出现了史诗级的星空战斗场面的同时消除了之前的动画片质感,故事是所有星战电影里最好的一部,对安纳金的黑暗面刻画出色,结尾的双重光剑决斗激赞。
  16. Jan 26, 2014
    A great movie. It has a great story and great lore, and now it comes with improved dialogue. This movie easily ranks up there with the original trilogy in good-movieness.
  17. Jan 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It was worth a watch, that is the only good thing I'll say about it. Even then, only watch it when it's on T.V. and you have nothing better to do. Masturbation is a better use of your time.

The most disappointing aspect of the 3 prequels is the lack of artistic integrity. The original 3 were works of imagination, initiative, clever writing, and wonderful story telling with a hint of special effects. The 3 new Star Wars movies are only special effects mixed with bad acting and simple story telling. There were no surprise twists or turns in the story line, it was utterly predictable and uninteresting. Anakin (Hayden Christensen) seemed to be a completely week minded, morally confused, hormonal teen-age girl. Coupled with Haydens terrible acting, it was almost embarrassing to watch. I feel like he got an acting certificate from a community college, or more accurate, Lucas pulled the first semi-decent looking man off the street with no previous acting experience and threw him in as the man who turned into Darth Vader. The Jedi were laughably powerful in some aspects and the actual power of the force was laughably feeble. Light saber duels were overly complicated and literally just a dance with pretty lights. So many questions that this movie doesn't answer and so many questions it raises. Why can Yoda move amazingly dextrous when fighting, yet so crotchety anywhere else? Why, with a council of 10 or so JEDI MASTERS not see this coming when I, a simple watcher of events, knew what was coming, even had I not watched the first films? Why, devoting his ENTIRE life to the Jedi order, did Anakin decide to turn against it with little more than 2 conversations with the emperor? Why was master Windu able to defeat Darth Citius(?) so easily yet Yoda, seemingly the Jedi leader, fall so easily to him? Why would you move to a lava filled, dangerous mining facility with magma splashing around to sword fight? Why is it that NOT ONE person said 'Hey, killing all the Jedi seems wrong.'? Why would the Jedi council put Anakin in charge of watching the emperor if he was obviously close and friendly with him, knowing that he was wildly impressionable? These are just a few of the questions that either needed to not be asked or could have been answered with some basic story telling. The Emperor has been working for YEARS building his power, planning out his take over, conserving his power, yet the plan was laughably feeble and relied far too heavily on events that were, in all realistically, EXTREMELY unlikely to happen. So many holes in the plot and unrealistic events. Bottom line, this movie seemed to be written by 14 year old boys saying "You know what would be cool? um... um... um... if they had a sword fight on lava! Or if um... all the clones were actually really mean instead of the valiant army of level headed clones!" The acting... oh the acting. Natalie Portman, with her disturbing attempt at loving and crying. Hayden was overly dramatic and switched from a dark, twisted lord to a lovey dovey husband and future father, both grossly different emotions for one character. There should have been come carry over but it was a terrible switch in roles. The only decent actor Ewan McGregor. Even Samuel L. Jacksons acting seemed forced. Its as if they did one take for every scene and said "Good enough!" and left it at that.

All in all, doesn't deserve the title of Star Wars by any means, but its still a watchable moving if all you're expecting is flashy special effects.
  18. Jan 1, 2014
    The best of the prequel trilogy undoubtedly but still in the disappointment zone when compared to the original trilogy. It has a good ending though I'll give it that.
  19. Dec 30, 2013
    "Revenge of the Sith" is a big step up from its dreary predecessors. It's easily the best film in the trilogy with some brilliant CGI combined with intense action sequences. Even at almost the same runtime length as the second one, it feels a lot shorter. Well, we still have some wooden acting and bad dialogues at times, but we should not complain, as major improvements have been adjusted this time around. Expand
  20. Dec 24, 2013
    Lightsabers, thats the only thing this movie brings to the table. I mean seriously I have to write a 150 character review on a movie that consists of lightsabers
  21. Nov 29, 2013
    This film was garbage, and carries on with the same mistakes made in the first two films. It has awful direction, awful scripting and dialogs, awful CGI- which itself is done to death, and has the inability to set a tone for the film.
  22. Nov 18, 2013
    Revenge of the sith took the inevitable story and made it heart wrenchingly sad. By far not a flawless film, but not an insult to the standard of the original trilogy. Although reliant on special effects, the characters emotional journeys and the performance of the actors really bring the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker to life. A film that does justice to just how sad it ought to be. 8/10
  23. Nov 5, 2013
    this is my favorite star wars movie because it shows how a anakin becomes darth vader. also great special effects and 5 different light saber battles. Epic!
  24. Oct 28, 2013
    Anakin Skywalker One of the greatest characters ever made!

This entire trilogy culminates in the EPIC finale which ties all loose ends and gives a satisfying conclusion to Darth Vader's character arc. Everything from the outstanding themes, story, amazing visuals and majestic soundtrack makes this one of my favourite films of all time.
  25. Oct 7, 2013
    Starts off good but ends pathetically. Terrible acting really hurts the film and it's not helped by the weak plot and the even weaker dialogue. The special effects look great but that's about it.
  26. Jul 15, 2013
    This film is the best of the new trilogy and it is also so emotionally complex and dark (which makes it fresh and new for Star Wars and I really enjoyed the darker and emotional tone). The film boasts of AMAZING visual effects, some pretty decent acting (improving greatly over the poorly acted previous film), direction and tone were set perfectly and the music was stunning (John Williams again delivers). I love the way this film leads us into the original trilogy and really gets everything right answering all questions. This is an epic that really delivers. Expand
  27. Jul 5, 2013
    It's resonance works well, and is the best "Star Wars" prequel film. "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith"'s storyline is still okay, but better than the first and second, and it still could have been handled with a bit more care, but it's still is done quite well. The film thrives at its action, as the scene between Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker is good enough to be called epic, and the film does okay when transferring to the next. Overall, it's well done, and is as good as the finale with "Return of the Jedi", but it still could have done better. Expand
  28. May 22, 2013
    What's missing about new Star Wars movie is there are no X-Y-A-B wings, Snowspeeder, TIE fighter, Star Destroyer, space battle. I wanted to see many space battle scenes. New Star Wars starfighters were very unattractive. I hate Battle droids, horrible, I wouldn't even like Stormtroopers, they are old.
    I didn't like the idea Yoda fighting by lightsaber, it was odd. I wasn't interesting in
    lightsaber battles, they are old and looks like kids playing each other with sword. I wanted to see more tough characters, fight by sword, knife, do hand to hand combat. do dangerous stunts, Expand
  29. May 3, 2013
    It's a decent movie, with a pretty good story and some very impressive visuals. It's the only one out of the prequels that I would give such a high score too. I give it an eight because of not only do I find the way to wrapped up the Clone Wars Era to be pretty awesome, but the soundtrack and visuals are very impressive.

One thing I feel I have to address: It's completely unacceptable
    that Darth Vader would say "NOOOOOOO!" when finding out that his lover is dead, but yet it perfectly acceptable when Luke says "NOOOOOOOOO!" after finding out Darth Vader is his father in the original trilogy? You people are hypocritical morons, and it's not surprising since you people already have biased opinions on the prequel trilogy in the first place. Please, go back to pretending that the original trilogy was perfect and the prequels did nothing at all. The more you say it, the more I know who's worthless opinions to ignore. Expand
  30. Apr 30, 2013
    After a couple of middling efforts, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith finally delivers the goods. There's a lot of pay-off in this film, with all the threads tied off to satisfying ends. The actions scenes are plentiful and exciting (except the climactic duel lasting a bit longer than it should've), and the drama runs high. Despite one monumental, unforgivable fail ("Noooooooooo"), Revenge of the Sith makes for a great conclusion to the prequel trilogy. Expand

Only now can we truly step back and admire the full tapestry that it has taken George Lucas and his ILM wizards nearly three decades to weave.
  2. The final episode of George Lucas' cinematic epic "Star Wars" ends the six-movie series on such a high note that one feels like yelling out, "Rewind!" Yes, rewind through more than 13 hours of bravery, treachery, new worlds, odd creatures and human frailty.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Emerges as the best in the overall series since "The Empire Strikes Back."