8.3

1. Mar 8, 2015
    probably the one of the worst film ever made. i mean the worst film to the end of the series. even the phantom menace is better. the plot was terrible. i don't know why george lucas written return of jedi so awful. the only one good thing from this movie: visual effects.
  2. Mar 13, 2015
    What's this? If Randall saying in Clerks 2 LOTR is 3 film about walking Star Wars is 3 film about rescue, rescue, and rescue. The first film: rescue princess leia, the second film: rescue Luke Skywalker and the third film: rescue Han Solo. I guess Lucas have no idea with his story. It's too lame, too long and poor storytelling just about rescue in space.
  3. TomHuntB.
    Mar 1, 2005
    Some of the weakest filmmaking ever to be so popular. From unwatchable framings of almost every shot, to actors who'd rather not be there (Ford could have phoned in his performance), to rehashing music cues from 'A New Hope' (shame!) - this film is more embarrassing than good.
  4. ChristianW.
    Sep 4, 2007
    I love the star wars mythology and that is why I think this messy try-hard rehash stinks so much. The final hour is particularly dire. What a disappointing way to finish a legendary saga. Oh, and the ewoks! Why did Lucas think the franchise needed furry smurfs? This mov ie makes AOTC look good and ROTS look like Dr Zhivago. Only TPN comes near it in terms of crappiness.
  5. Aug 13, 2011
    Very, very, very sad end for a great saga, this natural trash movie should be completely redone, and even George Lucas recognize he made a lot of mistakes in the series and if he could he would change that, only children or completely blind, insane ans brainless fanatics with childish behaviour thinks George Lucas don't make mistakes, but even him agree with this. For little childrenVery, very, very sad end for a great saga, this natural trash movie should be completely redone, and even George Lucas recognize he made a lot of mistakes in the series and if he could he would change that, only children or completely blind, insane ans brainless fanatics with childish behaviour thinks George Lucas don't make mistakes, but even him agree with this. For little children this a good film, but for the old fans the only scene in the whole film that is great is the death of Darth Vader, and it's all, don't buy or see this film, only this scene. Expand
  6. Jun 9, 2013
    Such a great series and what a terrible way to end it. Honestly, Did not like a single thing about this movie. It was just incredibly stupid and corny. Very disappointing.
  7. JonH
    Sep 21, 2004
    I am really disappointed in the changes. i gave this a 3 because there will not be dvd release of unedited originals. if the unedited originals were released on dvd i would be more inclined to give this a better rating. :(
  8. Nov 21, 2011
    Easily the worst film of the original trilogy. It lacks originality and is really just a recycled version of the 2 previous films. The acting is pretty terrible as well. A huge disapointment.
  9. Sep 12, 2011
    RE: The Star Wars Prequels...This film was George Lucas's warning from history.
    We were taken to such dizzying heights with The Empire Strikes Back, that it should have been predictable that we'd have to be brought crashing back down to planet Earth with this anti-climactic conclusion to the saga.
    RE: The Star Wars Prequels...This film was George Lucas's warning from history.
    There was no way to better the excitement of the destruction of the first Death Star or top the "I'm your father" cliff hanger. So all George could think to do was...do it all again.
    Once we get past the Star Wars edition of the Muppet Show at the start of the movie, we are then presented with another flawed Death Star and another addition to the Skywalker family. All the character development from the first two films is discarded and it's like watching a TV special.
    As for the ending...all I can say is avoid the Blu Ray edition.

Fo me, Han Solo will forever be encased in Carbonite. His friends endlessly scouring that galaxy far far away, in a vain effort to rescue him.

And I didn't even mention the Ewoks!...oh damn!
  10. Jul 30, 2014
    Notably weaker than its predecessors, "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" delivers some fun, provokes some thought, but generally struggles to find a way to end the promising story "Empire Strikes Back" left unfinished. Acceptable visuals, even by today's standards, good performances, some intelligent plot details make the film pretty enjoyable. But it doesn't meet its expectations andNotably weaker than its predecessors, "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" delivers some fun, provokes some thought, but generally struggles to find a way to end the promising story "Empire Strikes Back" left unfinished. Acceptable visuals, even by today's standards, good performances, some intelligent plot details make the film pretty enjoyable. But it doesn't meet its expectations and disappoints with its cheesy dialogue and its predictable ending. A good film, overall, but a must-see only because you have to see how the story ends(?). Expand

1. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    The dialogue is repetitive ("I won't give in to the dark side of the Force!" "You will!") and significant characters from earlier films -- notably bounty hunter Boba Fett and Yoda -- are dispatched without fanfare, and the whole business has a slightly rushed, perfunctory feel at the same time that it feels oddly attenuated.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    Hamill is not enough of a dramatic actor to carry the plot load here, especially when his partner in so many scenes is really little more than an oversized gas pump, even if splendidly voiced by James Earl Jones.
  3. Less original than the first "Star Wars" and less resonant than "The Empire Strikes Back," but packed with fast-paced action and downright cuddly Ewoks.