8.2

1. Sep 24, 2011
    Yes, the movie is filmed as if it was filming a family recreation. Its choppy and messy, but what it doesn't fail is delivering the epic conclusion of the long space opera franchise to the audience.
  2. Sep 7, 2011
    The best of the series (and an amazing series it is). This is the quintessential sci-fi/fantasy movie. I love everything about it. It's easily in my top 5 movies of all time.
  3. Oct 16, 2010
    It actually sickens me to see how low the official critic rating is for this absolute master piece. If (for some reason) you haven't seen this film, you must see it. Star Wars is the most brilliant idea i have ever seen from a director, and Return of The Jedi is such a great ending to the series. I know you have to respect opinions, but after seeing the critic rating, it made me wish that the critics would be instantly fired from the business. There's no way i can begin to comprehend how you can actually dislike this movie. To think that that piece of crap Pirrhana 3D actually recieved better ratings. NO ONE EVER LISTEN TO CRITICS. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MAKES A GREAT FILM. Expand
  4. Jan 7, 2012
    In comparison, it is nowhere near the quality of the previous installments (despite what many fanboys would have you believe) but Return of the Jedi still stands up on its own and doesn't have to rely on the original two to be considered a great film. If I had a more flexible rating scale to use, I would give an 8.5/10, but anything more would and I would be lying to myself.
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    C3PO is rightfully made a god in this episode,not just of the Ewoks but of a God of classic characters. There are many other great characters in this final episode of the saga and I could go on for days about them,but I won't! This episode is my favourite,the right balance of humour and action. God and evil. Victory and Defeat. There are many poignant and thought provoking scenes,for example Yoda's death and Darth Vader returning back to his roots as Anakin. A masterpiece of cinema,even though it's not quite a 10 in my books. Expand
  6. Oct 25, 2012
    Yes this movie isn't quite as good as the first two, but it is still a masterpiece. In fact I dare say that this is one of the few great threequels in existence. The only other ones that I can think of are The Dark Knight Rises, Toy Story 3 and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. That's about all I can think of right now when it comes to GOOD threequels. I mean, Pirates of the Caribbean 3 sucked hard and it was as disappointing as Spiderman 3 and Shrek the Third. Why do people tend to say they hate this one?

It's really infuriating when people say that this is the worst of all the Star Wars movies. It isn't. The worst one is The Clone Wars, a movie with TV production standards, literally. I loved (almost) every single minute of this timeless science-fantasy classic, and I still love it.

Return of the Jedi is uneven at times but it all works really well as an entertaining epic for almost everyone. Star Wars will always be the franchise that started it all, the series that changed cinema forever and will last until the end of time.

I hope you enjoyed this review, and may the force be with you.
  7. Mar 29, 2011
    If my memory serves me right, this was the first Star Wars movie I ever saw (around the time the Special Edition VHS came out). I love it, just as much as I love every other Star Wars movie. Unfortunately, this was the movie where haters began their reign by hating on the Ewoks, and continue to this day on hating anything Star Wars that isn't Episodes IV or V. Seriously haters?
  8. Nov 2, 2010
    the greatest finale in the trilogy and we will treasure it always.
  9. Oct 16, 2010
    I actually can't believe the critic rating is so low for this cult classic. There's a reason that the film kick started the biggest toy franchise in history. Truly unique and so quotable.
  10. Aug 9, 2011
    This movie is more playful than the first two (until the end). It's not quite as brilliant but it's solid, simple entertainment at its best. It's so incredibly fun to watch. What more do you need?
  11. May 28, 2012
    I find this Star Wars to be the best of the sequel trilogy. A dozen vital questions in the saga are answered here. It all feels like it ends to quickly despite the long running time, but the story is anything but thin. I find this Star Wars to flesh out the characters way more than the others.
  12. Dec 14, 2011
    I watched this over and over, its so exciting! the ewok battle was rediculous and how come luke didnt get scarred from the emperors force lighning? only a bit of it killed darth. but i loved it.
  13. Mar 15, 2012
    I loved this movie and thought it was just amazing. Awesome special effects. It was also filled with amazing fight scenes and was plain cool. George Lucas is a great director and people who say he is bad don't know anything about Star Wars. There is plenty of action in this movie and it is great movie for it's time and for along time it will be remembered
  14. Apr 3, 2012
    Un paso atras, pero Return of the Jedi es una satisfactoria conlusion a la mejor trilogia de ciencia ficcion de todos los tiempos. Aunque le falta un poco de lo que Empre Strikes Back tuvo, aun asi es fantastica, con buenos efectos especiales y con una buena historia.
  15. Jul 12, 2012
    Its not as good as the franchises' first two installments, but Return of the Jedi rounds the series off on a high note, particularly with the powerhouse ending.
  16. Aug 9, 2012
    This is the movie that turned my world upside down!! I am an absolute Star Wars geek!! I have a huge collection of figures and even a tattoo of the Imperial logo on my leg. Return of the Jedi is what grabbed me and pulled me into the Star Wars galaxy. I absolutely loved this movie growing up. It's definitely my favorite Star Wars film. Empire is a close second though. The only thing that drives me nuts about the movies is when George Lucas had to "touch it up" and he added that horrendous redone band scene in jabbas palace. Every time I see that it makes me cringe. Other than that hands down best Star Wars movie ever and definitely the best fiction ever!!! The Star Wars galaxy is one of the greatest things ever created for sci-fi dudes!! Expand
  17. Aug 1, 2012
    Yes, Return isn't as good as the first 2 movies, but it is definitely better than a 52. That's the same score as Attack of the Clones! I wish George Lucas would've made some sequels, though.
  18. Dec 4, 2012
    This movie wasn't quite as good as the previous two, but I remember really enjoying it as a kind and it wrapped up the original Trilogy nicely and had lots of new vehicles and characters to keep us entertained. Yeah I was gonna give it a 9 but I'm thinking back and I loved this movie when it was released too so I'm bumping it up to a 10. If it's not a 10, it's like a 9.8 at least anyway. It's still way better than the prequels lol. Expand
  19. Sep 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the movies i will remember for all my life, and it will always be a classic. It's the finale to Star Wars and it's in my opinion the best of the star wars movies. The different sceneries are amazing, you can't really expect what will happen next and the characters are very deep, It generally has an epic feel. Especially the scenes with Vader, Sidious and Luke get so tense you can feel their emotions even when they are not talking. And ofcourse the father-son relationship prevails. Hurray-Hurray. A must see for me! Expand
  20. Sep 9, 2012
    An incredible sequel of the Star Wars saga, The ultimate film of the first trilogy has more adventure and less dark compared to the empire strikes back. The scene of the spaceships battle against the Deathstar continues to amazing me I still loving that movie like all of them.
  21. Dec 4, 2012
    The chronological final installment (for now!) of the storied Star Wars film franchise does not disappoint in any way. One of the best examples of bringing closure to a series of movies, where ends are tied and threads are brought closure. The sequence of events are amazing, and the drama is at a high pitch. Everything I wanted in a finale.
  22. May 12, 2013
    Critics say this is the worst movie or the old trilogy or below this standard of its predecessors, but in my opinion he is the same level as the others, because in addition to closing the old trilogy decent shape, it has everything a fan of Star Wars or the iconic characters, a new kind of Ets, and epic duel Luke and D.Vather.
  23. Jul 15, 2013
    This is a fun film (however it is the worst of the original trilogy), full of great visuals, creatures, action sequences and has some great acting in there. However, it gets over the top with some of its creatures, but never ceases to entertain. This film is a great addition to Star Wars, and is another highly respected movie on my list.

1. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    The dialogue is repetitive ("I won't give in to the dark side of the Force!" "You will!") and significant characters from earlier films -- notably bounty hunter Boba Fett and Yoda -- are dispatched without fanfare, and the whole business has a slightly rushed, perfunctory feel at the same time that it feels oddly attenuated.
  2. Reviewed by: Staff (Not Credited)
    Hamill is not enough of a dramatic actor to carry the plot load here, especially when his partner in so many scenes is really little more than an oversized gas pump, even if splendidly voiced by James Earl Jones.
  3. Less original than the first "Star Wars" and less resonant than "The Empire Strikes Back," but packed with fast-paced action and downright cuddly Ewoks.