Music Box Films | Release Date: November 9, 2012
6.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 15 Ratings
WATCH NOW
jtk6204Dec 28, 2013
This movie succeeded on its mission brilliantly. As in life, the most complex situations flower from the simplest premises, telling a genuine, plausible story, with no pretensions. There are no cheats no trap doors no back doors noThis movie succeeded on its mission brilliantly. As in life, the most complex situations flower from the simplest premises, telling a genuine, plausible story, with no pretensions. There are no cheats no trap doors no back doors no diversionary plot twists. We just walk a journey with two people who become unlikely friends, and the audience is taken along their ride of discovery, learning with them as they go, in the same world we all know.

This movie is first-rate in all the areas that matter the script, direction, performances and the low-budget, indie filmmaking is the only way to have gone with this one. A big Hollywood studio would have butchered this one.

The only criticisms I have are very modest ones. Some drama with the minor characters does not seem necessary? Yet, I would give this a pass. Life has its distractions, and this is a movie about life. Also, the well-worn premise of the "unlikely pair" an arbitrary two people whom fate has thrown together makes the first few scenes predictable. Don't let that push you away. Hang in there. And I do recommend multiple viewings.

I will not give away anything about this story. You deserve the same experience I had. That said, I will leave you with a question to ponder, and don't take it up until you have finished watching: is it ever good to hold a secret, even a big secret, away from someone who has every right to know?
PHLJan 11, 2013
The critics got this right (and I'm surprised the user score is so low). I loved this movie. It's absolutely charming, and I would recommend you see it. It's a New York Time's Critics' Pick!
dante_finnDec 6, 2012
This little ultra indie is strikingly unsentimental.