7.6

1. DWilly
    Mar 2, 2007
    Good God this is a bad movie. Not just bad, student film bad... and not just student film bad, English student film bad with its attendant whimsy and narrowness and embarassed-at-its-leering sexual stiffness. For all the exagerated critical numbers, there was no one in the theater when I entered and there was no one in the theater when the credits rolled.
  2. JayH
    Aug 30, 2009
    What makes this film work is the rich characterizations, great acting, a believable screenplay and thoughtful direction. The score is a great asset to the film, good use of songs. It's entertaining, touching and has a great pace.
  3. TeriZ.
    Sep 20, 2007
    This is a gem of a movie. James McAvoy is amazing!
  4. GregoryL.
    Jul 14, 2007
    Definitely.... I read the book 2 years ago and just discovered that it had a movie made... the movie helped a lot with some of the problems i had been having with my gf and my best friend! Brian is particularly inspiring, and Alice was charmingly beautiful... I'd say that Alice would have been good with Brian... Rebecca surprised me at the end, as the book didn't mention their reunion.

A mildly enjoyable romantic comedy.
  2. The film successfully replicates the mellow charm of Brit hits "About A Boy" and "Love Actually."
  3. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Showcasing the considerable talents of ubiquitous thesp James McAvoy ("The Last King of Scotland," "Penelope") and several other up-and-coming Brit actors, picture garnishes fairly standard college-set plot with wit, warmth and unexpected turns.