2.2

1. SamB.
    Mar 1, 2003
    I cant really say this is a great movie. it did have its moments and tom green did deliver somewhat of a performance.
  2. TheCurseOfGilbertMulroneycakes
    Jul 14, 2003
    Freddy Got Fingered - a movie very well described on this site as being probably "the worst film possible" - may have been citable under the Geneva Covention, but at least it was memorable, as anyone who saw the twirling-infant thing can testify. This is just listless. Jason Lee is a funny guy. So's John C. McGinley. So is Richard Jenkins, in a Gore Vidal deapan sort of way. Hell, Freddy Got Fingered - a movie very well described on this site as being probably "the worst film possible" - may have been citable under the Geneva Covention, but at least it was memorable, as anyone who saw the twirling-infant thing can testify. This is just listless. Jason Lee is a funny guy. So's John C. McGinley. So is Richard Jenkins, in a Gore Vidal deapan sort of way. Hell, even the director has precedent (he was a Kid in the Hall, don't you know). They all need to exercise more (any) quality control. Tom Green, however: just go away. In the name of GOD, just GO AWAY. PLEASE. Expand
  3. MikeD.
    Aug 15, 2003
    Sure the movie is kinda dumb, but still, it has it's funny parts. tom green may be an idiot but idiots are funny. the dude who plays john is really annoying, and the girl who plays noreen is a bad actor, but i think its funny.
  4. KimR.
    Oct 18, 2002
    When my friend first asked me to see this movie I was gonna say no. Even the trailer was bad! the movie itself is really unfunny and stupid (in a BAD way) I saw it the day after the premiere and there were only 5 other people in the theatre with us!!
  5. ChandlerS.
    Sep 14, 2002
    Don't listen to the critics. This movie was surprising funny. Jason Lee and Tom Green put on pretty good performances. Overall a hilarious movie!
  6. AnnickM.
    Apr 20, 2003
    Tom Green tries way too hard in this movie and is never funny. Megan Mullany and Jason Lee are little more than charming in this film. The movie isn't entirely predictable, instead it's mostly just inane.
  7. Jeremy
    Jun 21, 2004
    Entirely unapreciated and underplayed humor highlight an otherwise average flick. To truely enjoy it, watch with friends and repeat the jokes ad-nauseum for weeks until watching the movie again. Rinse and repeat and you have a cult classic.
  8. MetalInc.
    Oct 28, 2002
    Quite funny...rent it on video now.....it is NOT as bad as everyone says it is. It will make you laugh at LEAST one good time. My favorite part...."Stupid stupid stupid......." I can see that happening.
  9. TravisF.
    Sep 13, 2002
    How did Jason Lee end up in a stinker like this??? My top theories are a drunken contract signing, blackmail, or his agent talked him into it. He ought to fire his agent, and have his head examined if he consented to a Tom Green movie...
  10. Adi
    Nov 21, 2005
    I found this film hilarious, tom green's got a bad reputation through alot of uptight critics, but i think his exentric stupidity is comedy bliss, a must buy, it'l make you cry with laughter.
  11. JB
    Aug 11, 2006
    There really is only one problem with this film: it's not funny. The jokes are lame and predictable, the acting is awful (with one or two exceptions) and the effects are lackluster. Stay away.

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Depressingly thin and exhaustingly contrived. Only masochistic moviegoers need apply.
  2. While Stealing Harvard may be a chucklehead comedy, Lee is oddly touching and funny. Mostly because, unlike Green, he's not aggressively trying to make us laugh.
  3. Stinks even by the standards of late summer movie garbage.