7.1

1. Aug 12, 2010
    I own very few movies, but I do own Step Brothers on DVD. For my money, it doesn't get better than Step Brothers. The characters are extremely over-the-top, the plot is hilarious and the jokes never stop. From the opening credits to the final scene, this movie delivers the funny. You can't expect any high-brow humor here. But the cursing, potty humor, clever plot twists, obscureI own very few movies, but I do own Step Brothers on DVD. For my money, it doesn't get better than Step Brothers. The characters are extremely over-the-top, the plot is hilarious and the jokes never stop. From the opening credits to the final scene, this movie delivers the funny. You can't expect any high-brow humor here. But the cursing, potty humor, clever plot twists, obscure references and subtle comedy is by far one of my favorite movies. It's full of one-liners that you feel compelled to imitate. As a side note, the DVD has great extra features. If you get a chance, listen to the commentary. It's just as funny as the movie itself. Best: John C. Reilly and Will Ferrell's AWESOME comedic chemistry.
    Worst: No sequel.
  2. Feb 13, 2011
    One of the funniest movies I have ever seen, it gets funnier each time I watch it. Also, all the one-liners in this movie are great, way too funny.
  3. Jul 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Will Ferrel and John C. Riley are a great comedy team yet again in this movie about 2 grown men in their 40s without jobs, and still living at home. When Their single parents meet at a conference and then they marry making the two men in their 40s's lives a living hell Expand
  4. Dec 25, 2012
    Very Good Movie. I Like The Part where brennan goes at dales drumset. Will Ferrel is always funny, every quote is funny. I usually laugh at the F word in this movie.

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Not to wax too serious here (since this is, after all, a movie in which two nearly middle-aged men beat each other over the heads with blunt instruments on their front lawn), but ticking away just beneath Step Brothers' freely associative surface is a fairly astute commentary on how we define such abstract concepts as "growing up" and "making something of yourself."
    Step Brothers has comic fuel to burn, some of it unashamedly non sequitur and stupid-brilliant, but it still feels like a post-"Talladega" flameout.
    In Step Brothers, the language is simply showing off by talking dirty. It serves no comic function, and just sort of sits there in the air, making me cringe.