7.4

1. Oct 19, 2013
    As this film is a sequel from. step up, the quality really fell down. First of all, the story was too centred on the two main characters. One thing I liked in the first movie was the fact that there was a story, and a developement of the characters. In this one, the guy had already known everyone and suddenly joined the group without any problems. I wouldn't call them secondary characters,As this film is a sequel from. step up, the quality really fell down. First of all, the story was too centred on the two main characters. One thing I liked in the first movie was the fact that there was a story, and a developement of the characters. In this one, the guy had already known everyone and suddenly joined the group without any problems. I wouldn't call them secondary characters, but extras, as their participation had no influence in the story. They mostly danced and hardly acted, they were only used to fill the girl's group.
    Also, the story was very predictable. (Sarcasm alert) A talented and beautiful young girl who dreams of being dancer is dropped out from her group! She then meets a (suposely) handsome and charismatic guy, Who imediately offers his help, by joining an entire group, just for her. Besides already having boyfriend she gives him hopes and becomes interested on him. Then, there are two other characters: the friend who is in love with the guy and a boy that loves her( the guy's friend, not the main girl). The group, in order to obtain respect from the girl's old companions, forget about their dignity and enters some street competition just to show them they're the best oh! Clichê, what would be of the production without you...). And they win, what a surprise! end of sarcasm)
    The soundtrack also didn't surprise me. In my opinion, the objective of a sequel should be to make a movie in order to supass the previous one. This one gave me the feeling it was only made to sell. There was no realism at all, they just gave the viewer what he wanted: a perfect story.
    If you liked this movie, you should watch the first one to understand what I'm talking about.

1. Human-spirit cliches and all, the movie accomplishes job one: It moves. It also has a choice soundtrack, spiced by the likes of Missy Elliott’s “Shake Your Pom Pom” and Digital Underground’s immortal “Humpty Dance.”
    Much of the average viewer's time in the theater will be spent waiting somewhat impatiently for the high-energy climax. Catnaps are an advisable way to survive some of the slow spots.
  3. Reviewed by: Gregory Kirschling
    In a sequel that features the original's Channing Tatum only in cameo, a Baltimore teen (Briana Evigan, very winning) enrolls at an arts academy, leaving her street-dancing pals behind. So far, ho hum. But when she decides to form a new crew with her classmates, Step Up 2 the Streets improves considerably -- and it doesn't skimp on cool pretzel moves.