4.7

1. Dec 2, 2012
    not a very great movie , wasn't great as i thought i would be . The last dance was GREAT , Without the main girl dancer and guy dancer. Wouldn't recomend ! (:
  2. Nov 16, 2012
    This movie tells the love story of Whitey McCheese (maybe his name is Jason, or Trevor) and Dancey McRichgirl...or at least that's what I'm guessing since I'm watching the whole thing on an airplane without bothering with the sound. One might think that impedes an understanding of the delicate intricacies of the writer's prose or perhaps the actors' delivery in key scenes...but I doubt that very much. No one associated with this film should have any delusions than that it is anything more than some horrific attempt to cash in on a combination of self-published web videos, dance crews, flash mobs, (insert filler here) to try and make money. I'm surmising the plot centers around Mr. McCheese, a vaguely employed layabout who also mostly runs a dance crew/performance group known as 'The Mob'. They put on ludicrously complex and lavish productions that would cost thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars to pull off, all in the name of their art. Good for them. Yay freedom. Go kids and free spirit. Oh...and how they do this while mostly being street rats isn't clear. In real life they'd either have to all be independently wealthy to pull off the crap that they do, or in reality they'd be meth heads living in abandoned buildings because none of them seem to have time for actual "work" outside of a few pointless vignettes that definitely wouldn't pay more than minimum wage, but I suppose reality isn't the focus here. Anyway, in addition to his miraculously high paying, low-demand job that allows him infinite time to run 'The Mob', McCheese falls in love with Dancy McRichgirl, who is also apparently his super-rich hotel über-bosses daughter, naturally. She just *loves* to dance, but can't catch a break with normal productions. Maybe she's too edgy, maybe she's not good enough, maybe she's too rich or pretty or people hate her dad or whatever...who cares. Either way, we know she's gonna wind up on 'The Mob' somehow. Of course, this eventually breeds trouble with Douchey McCheese, who may or may not be Whitey's brother (sound would have helped here...but ultimately it's irrelevant). He's obviously jealous that Dancey likes Whitey and turns 'The Mob' against both of them, using her evil father and his plans for hotel domination of Miami or San Diego or Panama City Beach or whatever random, crappy, semi-tropical town this was filmed in, as a backdrop. That, of course, gets the whole 'The Mob' in trouble, gets Dancey mad at Whitey because she thinks he's in on it, and makes her father mad because now he knows she's a naughty underground dancer/flash mob performer. Yawn. I could go on and on with predictable clap trap like this...but honestly it doesn't matter. We all know how this ends and it's pointless. Everyone gets redemption, there's always a happy ending, and all the clean, beautiful kids are happy. Not having sound actually *helped* this movie because the narrative I made up was probably actually better scripted and narrated and performed than the one presented. Are flash mobs, dance crews, etc. actual examples of talented individuals creating and performing *real* art that they're self-creating and publishing, largely without any external or professional support? In a lot of cases yes. ..but this move doesn't celebrate that - it horrifically tries to cash in on a trend and whore it out for cash. This is totally what is wrong with Hollywood...but sadly, I'm sure this piece of crap turned a profit. I've got an idea - I'm going to make a movie. I'm going to call it "Parkour Dubstep Revolution Dance Crew Flash Mob Tube" and it will...oh **** pretty much already been done. Guess I'll have to wait for a few more stupid trends and memes to bubble up before I can cone up with my next *brilliant* masterpiece. Until then, we'll have to settle for this. That, or silence. Sweet, sweet silence. You want a dance movie? Make an actual documentary that features real artists and tells real stories - not this contrived crap. Expand
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    Step Up doesn't offer anything beside quite eye-popping mob sequence. The 3D rocks big time, but it's TV movie, doesn't worth cinema viewing at all.
  4. Jul 27, 2012
    Ok, a new Step Up, in 2010 we watch Step Up 3D, but the thing that I don't understand is the reason for do a new movie, because Step Up Revolution is same than the other 3 movies, we don't watch any new, the show now is very boring and rest is terrible.

1. Reviewed by: Ellen E. Jones
    Jul 30, 2012
    3D has been kind to teen dance flicks and Step Up 4's better set-pieces take full advantage. Shame the movie's other attempts to tango with the zeitgeist are rather more flat-footed.
  2. Reviewed by: A. A. Dowd
    Jul 28, 2012
    A troupe of guerrilla performers led by hunky Ryan Guzman stage synchronized routines on Miami's escalators and restaurant tables.
  3. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Jul 27, 2012
    The dialogue is ridiculous, the acting wooden - but that's not why we go, is it?