7.3

1. EricH.
    May 12, 2006
    Although formulaic, Stick It was a very fun movie to watch. The characters are endearing and there are the script is written with minimal pretense and is actually quite funny.
  2. MartinN.
    Apr 24, 2006
    Amazing! The most fun at the cineplex thie year.
  3. KevinC.
    Apr 25, 2006
    Loved Stick it! Missy is fantastic. There were so many messages about leadership and parenting in it .
  4. WayzC.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Who sends a girl on a dirt bike flying through a plate glass window? Pure awesomeness.
  5. MariahL.
    Jun 2, 2006
    I really liked this movie because it was funny and interesting. I love how all the girls rebel against the judges and judging rules.
  6. JessicaG.
    Jul 22, 2006
    stick it is the funnyest movie i have ever seen but on ur web i fink u should put the movie on.
  7. JayZ
    Sep 16, 2006
    for what it's worth, it's an entertaining teen movie. didn't expect much, and so was pleasantly surprised. 10 to even out the haters. suckas!
  8. KimR.
    May 2, 2006
    This movie was AMAZING. I think it deserves WAY higher than a 6 out of 10! In a way its soo different from a gymnasts point of view...It was fantastic. I loooooved it.
  9. SarahP.
    Jul 29, 2006
    I really injoyed watching this movie and I would love to see it again.
  10. StephanieS.
    Jun 10, 2007
    I love this movie. It shows the attitude that most hurt teenagers portray. And as a member of the public that watches gymnastics I completely agree with what they did in it. I was funny and deep which most movies can't get across without seeming cheesy. I believe it was one of the greatest sports movies ever.
  11. Apr 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Obviously, this movie gets my 5 Rose rating, cuz it's just that awesome!

~Plot: Jaded young chick, pissed at life and parental mistakes (who isn't?), has a run-in with the law (again) and is forced, by her father and a very wise old judge, to face her past. How can this NOT be interesting?! Add in fantastic gymnastics, bmx stunts, some snarky humor, laugh-out-loud (what, she spelled it out? Laaaame. Doesn't she know she can use the ridiculously overused "lol" catch-all thingy??) humor, and Jeff Bridges on a trampoline. Ooops! Gave that away. Shoot! Now you really wanna see it, donchya? *grins* I know, it's epic.

~Character/Actors: Aaaaawe-some!! I don't think they could have done any better with casting. Missy is, just, superbly fantastic. She nailed Haley's character, and gave an awesome performance.

Jeff Bridges is, well, a legend, and his films are generally always entertaining. His portrayal of Burt Vickerman was awesome, and really entertaining. He was also really believable, and I found myself wondering once "Did he used to be into gymnastics, because he seems like a natural with it all!"

Nikki SooHoo (who plays Wei Wei) is just phenomenal! She's hilarious, and I LOOOOOVE her dancing! She's an inspiration in herself, and her character could have it's own film.

Joanne Charis (played by Vanessa Lengies) is an awesome character! I love the changes she goes through, and how much she grows up throughout the film. All the girls do, really, but she grows more than most. Overcoming petty jealousy, and getting over being an immature brat is always something to applaud ;)

~Ending: *cries* It. Was. Awesome!! Such a great ending- I always get chills, butterflies, and tear up. I love when they all pull out their bra straps, and support their fellow gymnast. (What, did she say bra straps? WTF?!) YES! It's epic, and you must watch the film to find out what I'm talking about. It's awesome, trust me :)

Ok, do you need more reasons to watch this movie? You shouldn't but if you need even more convincing, here's something...

For all you Twilight lovers out there!! Did you miss it? Up in the film info ^^ there's an actor there you may want to see. Yes peeps, that's Kellan Lutz, the actor made famous by his muscles and "monkey-man" moves in the Twilight franchise, playing Emmett Cullen.

Well, in this film, you see him several years younger than the first Twilight film (2008), and he's just adorkable!!! He skateboards, does some awesome stuff on a bmx bike, and is hilarious around the gymnast chicks. He's a total bad-ass, and I adore his character. He rocks, his character rocks, just go watch it now.

So along with being fake punk-rock, Stick It is also a fake protest movie. That leaves the only traces of genuineness to Bridges, who plays the coach with a fatherly patience that earns him a paycheck, but not the better film he deserves.
  2. Reviewed by: Jessica Reaves
    Stick It reels from its own frenetic pace. The music is loud, the camera cuts are incessant and everything seems geared toward distracting us from what's going on onscreen. Which is not much.
  3. Like "Bring It On," Stick It is so much better than most of its insipid teen-movie peers yet like her earlier movie, Bendinger's new one is also not all it might be.