Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: April 28, 2006
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 43 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EricH.May 12, 2006
Although formulaic, Stick It was a very fun movie to watch. The characters are endearing and there are the script is written with minimal pretense and is actually quite funny.
MartinN.Apr 24, 2006
Amazing! The most fun at the cineplex thie year.
KevinC.Apr 25, 2006
Loved Stick it! Missy is fantastic. There were so many messages about leadership and parenting in it .
WayzC.Apr 28, 2006
Who sends a girl on a dirt bike flying through a plate glass window? Pure awesomeness.
MariahL.Jun 2, 2006
I really liked this movie because it was funny and interesting. I love how all the girls rebel against the judges and judging rules.
JessicaG.Jul 22, 2006
stick it is the funnyest movie i have ever seen but on ur web i fink u should put the movie on.
JayZSep 16, 2006
for what it's worth, it's an entertaining teen movie. didn't expect much, and so was pleasantly surprised. 10 to even out the haters. suckas!
KimR.May 2, 2006
This movie was AMAZING. I think it deserves WAY higher than a 6 out of 10! In a way its soo different from a gymnasts point of view...It was fantastic. I loooooved it.
SarahP.Jul 29, 2006
I really injoyed watching this movie and I would love to see it again.
StephanieS.Jun 10, 2007
I love this movie. It shows the attitude that most hurt teenagers portray. And as a member of the public that watches gymnastics I completely agree with what they did in it. I was funny and deep which most movies can't get across I love this movie. It shows the attitude that most hurt teenagers portray. And as a member of the public that watches gymnastics I completely agree with what they did in it. I was funny and deep which most movies can't get across without seeming cheesy. I believe it was one of the greatest sports movies ever. Expand
ekolite82Jul 14, 2016
Ironic a movie heavily based on psyching out gymnastics critic scores gets low movie critic scores. I found the movie very fun to watch without it taking itself way too seriously without point. A generally good and underrated film with someIronic a movie heavily based on psyching out gymnastics critic scores gets low movie critic scores. I found the movie very fun to watch without it taking itself way too seriously without point. A generally good and underrated film with some beautiful gymnastics footage. 9/10 Expand
DesertRoseApr 12, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Obviously, this movie gets my 5 Rose rating, cuz it's just that awesome!

~Plot: Jaded young chick, pissed at life and parental mistakes (who isn't?), has a run-in with the law (again) and is forced, by her father and a very wise old judge, to face her past. How can this NOT be interesting?! Add in fantastic gymnastics, bmx stunts, some snarky humor, laugh-out-loud (what, she spelled it out? Laaaame. Doesn't she know she can use the ridiculously overused "lol" catch-all thingy??) humor, and Jeff Bridges on a trampoline. Ooops! Gave that away. Shoot! Now you really wanna see it, donchya? *grins* I know, it's epic.

~Character/Actors: Aaaaawe-some!! I don't think they could have done any better with casting. Missy is, just, superbly fantastic. She nailed Haley's character, and gave an awesome performance.

Jeff Bridges is, well, a legend, and his films are generally always entertaining. His portrayal of Burt Vickerman was awesome, and really entertaining. He was also really believable, and I found myself wondering once "Did he used to be into gymnastics, because he seems like a natural with it all!"

Nikki SooHoo (who plays Wei Wei) is just phenomenal! She's hilarious, and I LOOOOOVE her dancing! She's an inspiration in herself, and her character could have it's own film.

Joanne Charis (played by Vanessa Lengies) is an awesome character! I love the changes she goes through, and how much she grows up throughout the film. All the girls do, really, but she grows more than most. Overcoming petty jealousy, and getting over being an immature brat is always something to applaud ;)

~Ending: *cries* It. Was. Awesome!! Such a great ending- I always get chills, butterflies, and tear up. I love when they all pull out their bra straps, and support their fellow gymnast. (What, did she say bra straps? WTF?!) YES! It's epic, and you must watch the film to find out what I'm talking about. It's awesome, trust me :)

Ok, do you need more reasons to watch this movie? You shouldn't but if you need even more convincing, here's something...

For all you Twilight lovers out there!! Did you miss it? Up in the film info ^^ there's an actor there you may want to see. Yes peeps, that's Kellan Lutz, the actor made famous by his muscles and "monkey-man" moves in the Twilight franchise, playing Emmett Cullen.

Well, in this film, you see him several years younger than the first Twilight film (2008), and he's just adorkable!!! He skateboards, does some awesome stuff on a bmx bike, and is hilarious around the gymnast chicks. He's a total bad-ass, and I adore his character. He rocks, his character rocks, just go watch it now.
VengefulJanDec 27, 2015
I saw this while drunk and loved every second of it, otherwise, I probably would have had some grips with it that would have bumped it down to a 6. All in all, its a fun romp with friends when you're all bored. I came for Jeff Bridges' charm,I saw this while drunk and loved every second of it, otherwise, I probably would have had some grips with it that would have bumped it down to a 6. All in all, its a fun romp with friends when you're all bored. I came for Jeff Bridges' charm, but I stayed for Vanessa Lengies "fantastic" dialogue, and now she's my waifu. I still can't believe this came out in 2006, it feels like a pure 90's flick. Cheers! Expand