5.3

1. Jun 5, 2015
    “Storage 24” is a classic sci-fi nightmare scenario in that unsuspecting people soon find they are easy prey for a creature far more terrifying than the struggles of urban life. The film starts with a casual approach that allows only a small emotional window to become emotionally connected to these characters before the action kicks in. It is enough though to actually realize just the“Storage 24” is a classic sci-fi nightmare scenario in that unsuspecting people soon find they are easy prey for a creature far more terrifying than the struggles of urban life. The film starts with a casual approach that allows only a small emotional window to become emotionally connected to these characters before the action kicks in. It is enough though to actually realize just the intense dynamic of the group of friends that are trapped in the facility after the crash shuts down the security system locking them in the storage units. The characters are slightly stereotypical and there is nothing new or experimental with how they are scripted but in this film there really doesn’t need to be and the actors portray the characters well enough to draw you into their plight. There is friction within them on personal levels which and to the intense drama of the story and the alien effects are above standard as well as the other effects used in this film.

The action and atmosphere is standard Brit fashion in that the intensity brings casually then builds into a high speed thrill ride with only dark eerie moments to gather your breath before even bigger moments of intensity explode on screen. The film doesn’t add anything new to the creature feature equation that such films offer horror fans but it does show how well the system can be if executed properly. This is one of the better sci-fi/horror films that I have seen since “Alien Raiders”. It doesn’t try to explain the origin or over complicate the story by adding layers of subplots to the point the film becomes diluted with unnecessary dialogue. The film just exists as a really clean and thrilling story of survival from a truly vicious creature. I really enjoyed this film.
  2. Jun 21, 2013
    This movie is awful! The only good thing about this movie is the lighting but everything else is just bad.

The camera angles where odd, mostly having weird close ups of the wall or the side of peoples heads (I'm really not sure how to explain it) The acting was pretty bad and the gore/blood effects were hilarious and the CGI really didn't help. The creatures CGI looked crap and in the other scenes they wave the camera around in an attempt to hide the fact it's just a guy in a rubber suit on stilts...The jump scares where silly and predictable and the jokes/humor was quite bad.

This movie was dumb I just couldn't finish it and it was not entertaining in the slightest.
  3. May 4, 2013
    Quite well made with some nice creature effects, but I’m afraid it has little else in its favour. Yes, there are a few ‘jump out of your skin’ moments, but it really doesn’t do anything we haven’t seen before. For me, they revealed far too much of the creature far too soon; for horror to work well, it needs to be in the shadows. It’s what the audience doesn’t see that scares them; theQuite well made with some nice creature effects, but I’m afraid it has little else in its favour. Yes, there are a few ‘jump out of your skin’ moments, but it really doesn’t do anything we haven’t seen before. For me, they revealed far too much of the creature far too soon; for horror to work well, it needs to be in the shadows. It’s what the audience doesn’t see that scares them; the imagination is a very powerful thing if manipulated correctly. The performances were all decent enough although nobody really stood out. On the plus side the running time was nice and short and the pace was kept pretty high throughout. Oh, and I have to admit, I love the ending!… Sadly not quite enough for it to get my recommendation though.

SteelMonster’s verdict: NOT RECOMMENDED

My score: 5.6/10

1. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Jan 10, 2013
    Essentially "Alien" set in a self-storage facility, the British low-budget horror flick Storage 24 doesn't manage to rise above the limitations of its bare-bones concept.
  2. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    Jan 8, 2013
    The eventual appearance of creature fodder in the form of a crazy old coot who lives in the storage facility, as well as a sequel-promising closing note borrowed from innumerable predecessors, ultimately exposes Storage 24 as a monster from a familiar mother.
  3. Reviewed by: Kim Newman
    Jan 6, 2013
    One or two serious scares and some excellent creature design work make this a superior British horror sci-fi.