Strange Wilderness

5.1

Oct 24, 2008
    I have never watched a movie that I couldn't even bear to sit through, but this was it. I like Happy Madison movies....but this was RETARDED. It made me want to shoot myself in the face.
  2. FrrredH
    Feb 1, 2008
    I was the only one in the theatre and rate it equal to the Pepto Bismol commercials for sheer actor humiliation. I am proud to say I did last the entire movie, which I attribute to tremendous control over my gag reflex. The "golden topping" on my popcorn was more authentic.
  3. TomM.
    Feb 2, 2008
    This has to be the worst movie of the year. Everything looks so fake and why is it soooo funny for the multiple scenes focusing on exposed mens privates. If you are looking for nudity, other than 5 seconds of a woman, the man scenes dominate. You have to be stoned to be entertained by this trash. Strange Wilderness deserves that...a spot in the can.
  4. JK.
    Feb 4, 2008
    This movie is awful. It is not funny, but instead, a total waste of time. Although the concept had the potential for a hilarious comedy, the end result was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It's that simple.
  5. SteveS.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Quite simply the worst and unfunniest "comedy" I have ever seen. Inept writing, directing, and acting. You sit and marvel at the fact this somehow got financial backing and the commitment of people such as Zahn and Hill. Completely tasteless and to call it sophomoric or juvenile would be an insult to 13- to 16-year-olds because I can't imagine they think this is funny, either.
  6. Kayla
    Feb 12, 2008
    The guy that was in Superbad thats in this movie did horrible his acting was so bad, the character he had in superbad was the one i thought he was going to keep, instead he had this voice in strange wilderness that screamed to much acting he was trying so hard, the movie was horrible total waste of time
  7. LizW.
    Feb 4, 2008
    I can say with total confidence that the only people who would enjoy this movie are the ones whose lives consist of smoking pot, drinking beer, smoking pot, peeing on people's couches, and smoking pot. Worst movie I have ever seen. Funny how they leave the shark part until the very end; I bet they knew they'd have a lot more people walking out if they'd slotted it in in the I can say with total confidence that the only people who would enjoy this movie are the ones whose lives consist of smoking pot, drinking beer, smoking pot, peeing on people's couches, and smoking pot. Worst movie I have ever seen. Funny how they leave the shark part until the very end; I bet they knew they'd have a lot more people walking out if they'd slotted it in in the beginning. Expand
  8. SteveF.
    Feb 8, 2008
    Sandler's Happy Madison reaches a new low. My favorite movie of all time is Animal House. My favorite comedy this past year was Superbad. I loved National Security. So I was looking forward to Strange Wilderness. We left the theater with 10 minutes of the film remaining. I do not think I have ever seen as stupid a film as this "effort". It is shocking to me that this disaster... and Sandler's Happy Madison reaches a new low. My favorite movie of all time is Animal House. My favorite comedy this past year was Superbad. I loved National Security. So I was looking forward to Strange Wilderness. We left the theater with 10 minutes of the film remaining. I do not think I have ever seen as stupid a film as this "effort". It is shocking to me that this disaster... and it is a disaster for Happy Madison and the actors associated with it.. ever made it past the editing room. I enjoy a good dirty joke as much as the next guy. But this was not a comedy...it was in fact a tragedy! Expand
  9. WillR.
    Oct 9, 2008
    This movie was horrible. One of those i simply couldn't make through without judging myself for how by-the-minute it was planned. They should have paid me to watch it.
  10. JamesS.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Yeah... what these guys said- its DUMB. Definitely wondering who would back it myself- would have given it a one cuz I didnt walk out but I was considering it... The MAC guy wasnt funny at all and the kid from Superbad was its only saving grace- while he wasnt exactly funny, he was the only fun part of the entire deal.
  11. KyleB.
    Feb 11, 2008
    The worst movie I've ever seen! I walked out 50 minutes in to it.
  12. AndrewB.
    Feb 1, 2008
    Funniest parts used in trailer, so boring in movie. plot so broken down even for a "stoner" comedy. even my intoxicated friends had trouble letting out a giggle after this horrible movie, comedy, and use of 2 hours.
  13. JoshuaPurvis
    Feb 2, 2008
    This was the stupids movie I have seen in a long while..it's suppose to be a funny stoner comedy..well speaking as a stoner myself even I thought it was a waste of time and high!!!
  14. nonenoney
    Jun 15, 2008
    This was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. It was so bad, I had to log in to write this review about it (my first review).
  15. MauricioL.
    Jul 2, 2008
    I mean i love these movies, comedies are the best but this one was really bad, i have a high tolerance for stupid shit but the went to far, i have seen most of these actors in other movies and they have done ok but i don´t what happened to them.
  16. Mike
    Jul 28, 2008
    I saw this movie for free and I'd still demand my money back. Possibly one of the worst films ever made.
  17. M.T.
    Nov 16, 2008
    An awful, awful movie, and a waste of two hours. The film actually made me lose a lot of respect for its' cast and writers.
  18. DanC
    Jan 31, 2008
    If they really meant that the ratings steeply decline, I'm afraid that is what happens here. But I don't think that one animal can truly turn the show around now, because with a script that has no life to it. And a director who weakly presents the performances, this is definitely steeply declining by its swindling touch and hard follow-through plot. Difficult to grasp, and If they really meant that the ratings steeply decline, I'm afraid that is what happens here. But I don't think that one animal can truly turn the show around now, because with a script that has no life to it. And a director who weakly presents the performances, this is definitely steeply declining by its swindling touch and hard follow-through plot. Difficult to grasp, and absolutely boring and unfocused story. Expand
  19. JayH.
    May 15, 2008
    Inane and not very funny comedy. There are a few funny moments, but hardly often enough. Crude and in poor taste.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Obviously the product of minimal effort by all parties involved, Strange Wilderness is a slovenly, slapped-together stoner comedy.
    You'd have to be more than merely intoxicated to find anything about this dismal stoner comedy remotely funny. You'd have to be unconscious.
    No snob to low-brow ridiculousness when it’s actually unexpected, I’ll admit to being amused exactly once, when Zahn gets deep-throated by a gigantic prop turkey who, despite the mouthful, keeps on flapping.