7.5

1. Jul 7, 2014
    If you love The Fault in Our Stars, you will love this. Ignore the movie title because it didn’t do justice how great the movie is.

This movie is about novel writers. Since this is an original work, I find this very ironic that this is a movie about novel writers. But it doesn’t matter, because I love this movie. Josh Boone, who also directed The Fault in Our Stars, did a good job

But it doesn’t matter, because I love this movie.

Josh Boone, who also directed The Fault in Our Stars, did a good job directing this movie and i loved how it was filmed.

I love the cast performances in this movie. I never thought I would recognize most of these famous actors to participate in this indie movie. They played their characters so well that I forgot it’s just a bunch of actors just playing their roles.

The character development was well done and it affected the overall plot of the movie. This made me care about the characters so much and it gave me the feels as a result.

The balance of the narration of the movie is fair enough. This movie isn’t quite teenager-y while also this movie isn’t quite adult-ish. This is a movie for all audiences (except kids, of course).

The romance part was done very well without being too cliched. The high school romance part wasn’t even cliched at all, maybe because it didn’t focus on that really much. Like I said, this movie isn’t quite teenager-y.

This movie actually reminded me of Love, Actually, with the family trees and all that. That’s what I thought it would be. But using three of its family members for the romance part is clever enough.

The production in this movie is simple, without making it too complicated, which gives more praise to the directing.

This is one of the few movies I cannot see flaws in. This is an excellent movie. Go check it out!
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    Ok, Stuck in Love can not be one of the best movies of this year, maybe has some mistakes, but the rest of the movies is really great, the development of the story is fantastic, and interesting, the cast does an excellent job, the screenplay has much cool moments. Stuck in Love is one of the most interesting movies of this year.

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    Jul 4, 2013
    Although Stuck in Love is an indie film, it hews slavishly to Hollywood formulas.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Jul 4, 2013
    All those cliched literary trappings come together in Stuck in Love, but the final product feels more like a footnote than a finished work.
  3. Reviewed by: Lou Lumenick
    Jul 4, 2013
    This romantic dramedy tries to cram enough plot twists for a season’s worth of TV episodes into an hour and a half, but is still worthwhile for its fine performances, including the best work that Greg Kinnear and Jennifer Connelly have done in quite a while.