Columbia Pictures | Release Date: August 17, 2007
8.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 541 Ratings
WATCH NOW
bfoore90Feb 26, 2017
Great movie and a timeless comedy film. Wasn't interested in it when it first came out back in 09, my junior year in high school. I finally got to catch it a few summers ago and I instantly fell in love with it. Its funny, smart and originalGreat movie and a timeless comedy film. Wasn't interested in it when it first came out back in 09, my junior year in high school. I finally got to catch it a few summers ago and I instantly fell in love with it. Its funny, smart and original with a good look at those friendships in high school and how awkward and fun they can be. Expand
barriocordobaFeb 26, 2017
This movie is an original and became an instant occult classic right there with American Pie. This is a must see for a true look into the awkward-ness of being a high school kid and having that "McLovin" friend that is super smart in class,This movie is an original and became an instant occult classic right there with American Pie. This is a must see for a true look into the awkward-ness of being a high school kid and having that "McLovin" friend that is super smart in class, but no street smarts at all. I loved it. Expand
MasterRileyAug 10, 2016
Superbad is a really fun movie but also has some great themes and heart to it. The writing and characters are very well done, the comedy is great, and the performances are great. Its a comedy I would recommend for everyone to see.
aadityamudharApr 18, 2016
I don't see why people think this is a bad movie. its a awesome kickass movie. although the ending sucked, the movie as a whole rocked and made me and my friends laugh and i think that's what counts.
DoughBoiiApr 17, 2016
Pretty funny movie, premise is hilarious a few 18-19 year old's trying to acquire beer for a party in hopes of getting in a few females pants before heading off to college.
CineAutoctonoDec 3, 2015
While crude comedy, uncensored but hilarious three words that describe Superbad , a great masterpiece of Judd Apatow , making it more fun starts hurting eroticism and vulgarity shown in this film .
Meth-dudeMay 8, 2015
What I did not like is the fact that the guys were only thinking about having sex and it was pretty boring at the end.But the movie is funny and thanks to Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill's performances the movie is actually pretty good.
keve16Mar 26, 2015
9.5/10................................................................................................................................................
KaptainHutchinoDec 12, 2013
This hectic journey of two high-schoolers on a mission to get laid is fueled by hilarious one-liners, a nerdy friend and honest depiction of teenage life.
RayzorMooseNov 13, 2013
Superbad is really in ever sense of morality, Super-Bad.
Superbad is really in ever sense of morality, Super-Bad.
A simple story of a high-school trio hoping to lose their virginity in a drunken party that they are invited to, without much surprise, it goes horribly wrong. The amount of raunchy material is vomit worthy yet the laughter is excessive. Superbad succeeds at being just that.
SpangleOct 25, 2013
Really funny movie. This one provided constant laughs from start to end and actually told an interesting story along the way. Good acting, etc. Certainly lived up the hype for me.
python2000Aug 13, 2013
A very clever comedy which never stops being funny. The characters are the funniest thing in the whole film, Christopher Mintz Plasse plays the now legendary McLovin (who's real name is Fogell), Michael Cera is the nice guy Evan and JonahA very clever comedy which never stops being funny. The characters are the funniest thing in the whole film, Christopher Mintz Plasse plays the now legendary McLovin (who's real name is Fogell), Michael Cera is the nice guy Evan and Jonah Hill is the unlikeable douche. Every scene is hysterical and the music gets you singing along. Superbad is one of my favorite comedies ever! Expand
Popcorn12345Jul 16, 2013
Good but not great. Extremely vulgar but in a comical way. Shows your average coming of age story: let's get drunk,laid and mess our lives up. Oh and there's juvenile cops too
NicomoviesJun 26, 2013
Es una pelicula muy buena,comica y para reirse a carcajadas,Buen guion,buenos actores y historia,muy buena pelicula y argumento,la recomiendo para verla con tus amigos.
StevenFMay 1, 2013
A film that delivers in every way it should, while still being hilarious and side-splitting from start to finish. Jonah Hill and Michael Cera lead at cast that at this point were relatively unknown, but have now escalated to brighterA film that delivers in every way it should, while still being hilarious and side-splitting from start to finish. Jonah Hill and Michael Cera lead at cast that at this point were relatively unknown, but have now escalated to brighter pastures. It's a coming of age film minus the subtlety, but very much plus the swearing and penis jokes a plenty.
Seth (Hill) and Evan (Cera) are hapless students not far off graduation, and are on a mission to not only lose their virginity, but also to leave high school on a high. But of course standing in their way is their 'acquaintance' Fogell (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) who is equally as deluded as his counterparts. He devises a plan to acquire a fake ID to purchase alcohol for a big party later that night, hosted by Jules (Emma Stone).
But of course everything goes downhill from there, but as predictable as the plot was, it was surprising at how hilarious it turned out being.
Fogell goes a bit silly with his ID and calls himself 'McLovin' and the reaction of his friends is simply priceless, and when he finally plucks up the courage to get the alcohol, certain events change how he thought his night was going to be. This is a teen film with an infusion of clever writing, a comedic play on stereotypes and memorable characters with their own story and own role to play. The film is fantastically written by Evan Goldberg and the unforgettable Seth Rogan, who also stars in the film as a bumbling police officer, arguably one of the highlights of the film.
What Superbad doesn't attempt to do is easily play to cliches of other teen dramas, the motive and outline is still there, but is played out in an entirely different fashion. Its crude but loveable because this really is how the current generation of hormonal teens get by in their day to day lives, with profanity laced tongues, but in this case to our very own enjoyment.
Again, a strong cast which is lead truly by the comedy genius of Jonah Hill, who combines jokes about his own physical appearance to downsize those who challenge him, which is Evan. Michael Cera plays the kid who would run from his own shadow, but plays to his strength of being the awkward teen at various parts in the film.
Superbad will leave you surprised at its ability to keep you laughing at the most bizarre of situations, with a cast who are trying so hard to grow up, but also find it difficult to break friendly routine.
Movie1997Apr 13, 2013
Superbad turns out to Superhilarious. This rauchy teen comedy contains an all-star cast such as Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Chris Mintz-Plasse, Seth Rogen, Bill Hader and so many others. I honestly didn't think it was going to be funny, but itSuperbad turns out to Superhilarious. This rauchy teen comedy contains an all-star cast such as Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Chris Mintz-Plasse, Seth Rogen, Bill Hader and so many others. I honestly didn't think it was going to be funny, but it was the first comedy that really got me to end up enjoying the dirty side of life. This truly is a Judd Apatow classic. Overall, its a hilarious raunchy teen comedy that knows what its doing. Expand
survivorfan989Jan 30, 2013
This is one very funny movie that any teen or young adult can totally relate to (well maybe not the cool cops part but you catch my drift). It's the memorable characters and hilarious events in the film that make this enjoyable to watch, andThis is one very funny movie that any teen or young adult can totally relate to (well maybe not the cool cops part but you catch my drift). It's the memorable characters and hilarious events in the film that make this enjoyable to watch, and while it's a little silly its also well written. The young cast are fantastic, props to the leads Jonah Hill & Michael Cera, as well as newbie 'McLovin'. Overall a top-notch comedy that is definitely bound to make you laugh. Expand
SummersausageJan 6, 2013
Wow, I really did not expect to like this movie. It looks like another bad teenager sex movie but it actually was really funny. The cops are the kids grown up showing to sides of the same story with their story actually being funny with thereWow, I really did not expect to like this movie. It looks like another bad teenager sex movie but it actually was really funny. The cops are the kids grown up showing to sides of the same story with their story actually being funny with there over the top yelling really works for this movie. VERY funny would watch again but not paying to buy it. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
With some bitingly astute social commentary, beautifully timed comedic elements, and some really worthwhile drama sprinkled throughout, "Superbad" is an excellent piece of generation Z cinema.
YoursTrulyNov 9, 2012
Fun as well as funny. What a foul mouthed little delight this is.
csw12Sep 8, 2012
Superbad is very crude, very nasty, and very funny. The movie comes across as very random and i believe that is were it thrives. The funniest movie of the year.
geedupJul 8, 2012
Cult classic. One of the funniest coming of age flicks I've seen. Simple plot and familair character types. But everytime I watch this I laugh just as hard as the first time. McLovin baby.
DuffladJun 15, 2012
I have no idea where people come up with negative reviews about superbad. Is it that you're too old or that you expected a Artsy flick? It is what it is, and its amazing for that. Seth Rogen embodies the youth demographic in this hilariousI have no idea where people come up with negative reviews about superbad. Is it that you're too old or that you expected a Artsy flick? It is what it is, and its amazing for that. Seth Rogen embodies the youth demographic in this hilarious film of friends, determination, and social status. I love all the curve balls that make the journey that much more exciting. Then again, I am also particularly biased because I seem to love every Seth Rogen film thus far. Keep up the good work Rogen! Expand
BigShotJoshMay 18, 2012
Superbad is great! This is one of my favorite movies of all time! everytime I watch it it still makes me laugh. If you din't watch it yet you owe it to your self to.
GreatbealloFeb 22, 2012
The first time I watched this film I laughed so hard that I cried. It is incredibly raunchy, but high school kids are incredibly raunchy. They are often times much worse than they are depicted as in this film. If you don't like raunch then IThe first time I watched this film I laughed so hard that I cried. It is incredibly raunchy, but high school kids are incredibly raunchy. They are often times much worse than they are depicted as in this film. If you don't like raunch then I would advise against watching this film. It was just a lot of fun to watch. Expand
TarintinoCodFanDec 16, 2011
Such a funny film. Way better than the over apprciated 'The Hangover'. It has a great cast and the story between Mclovin and the cops is so great. It's only fault is it shouldn't be watched with parents, trust me...
kingshahidJul 26, 2011
This movie reminded me of when I was young and in high school (even though only 4 years ago). The boy group with contrasting personalities existed in high school (at least in mine). Many pacts they formed (getting laid, being friends fromThis movie reminded me of when I was young and in high school (even though only 4 years ago). The boy group with contrasting personalities existed in high school (at least in mine). Many pacts they formed (getting laid, being friends from necessity) is very common in high school. Not to mention happy endings near prom! I would have enjoyed this more if I was still in high school but I'm not so it was a little less appealing than it would have been. Expand
lovemusicMay 21, 2011
hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahah funny as hell. good acting by all the characters. funny script. funny lines.hahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahah funny as hell. good acting by all the characters. funny script. funny lines. great lines. Expand
extextJan 5, 2011
Michael Cera is hilarious in his socially ineptness, while many times Jonah Hill's salacious outbursts are unnecessary or unjustified in the movie's ethos.
nboley08Aug 16, 2010
Wildly funny, arguably the best "dirty" comedy of the 2000's, which is quite impressive considering how many are made these days ("The Hangover", "Pineapple Express", "Anchorman", etc.). The dialogue is funny almost line by line, that's howWildly funny, arguably the best "dirty" comedy of the 2000's, which is quite impressive considering how many are made these days ("The Hangover", "Pineapple Express", "Anchorman", etc.). The dialogue is funny almost line by line, that's how incredibly funny this movie is. The soundtrack adds a fantastic funky 70's vibe, and the film simply never gets boring or completely ridiculous. Expand
EricK.Sep 3, 2009
2 of 2 users found this helpful
BillSAug 10, 2009
The bottom line is this movie made me laugh out loud and a lot. I really enjoyed it.
2 of 3 users found this helpful
UNBJul 31, 2009
The best movie ever! The movie is full of laughs, teen comedy, sex and a true coming-of-age story just like American Pie.
2 of 3 users found this helpful
ToddBJun 13, 2009
One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Bought the movie, and every time its on Cable I cant turn it off
bobbyh.May 17, 2009
great movie.
NormanRApr 12, 2009
This movie is very funny at most. Although at most times scenes are going a bit too far, it's still an enjoyable movie. It's a movie worth watching
RyanPNov 6, 2008
Definitely a lot of laugh out loud moments. Very amusing, very funny, money well spent.
ClarkWAug 10, 2008
This is the funniest movie I have ever seen. Michal Cera is at his awkward best, Johnah Hill is hilarious, and Seth Rogen will have you laughing untilt the end. What makes this movie so great is that for it is exactly how high school kids This is the funniest movie I have ever seen. Michal Cera is at his awkward best, Johnah Hill is hilarious, and Seth Rogen will have you laughing untilt the end. What makes this movie so great is that for it is exactly how high school kids act and talk. It is the most quoatable movie ever, and is pure gold. Expand
SamP.Aug 6, 2008
I loved this movie. It was hilarious and also showed a contrast between the teenager's boastful talk of sex and the "real world" and their actual fears and insecurities on the matter.
DanA.Jul 13, 2008
There's a way to pull off dirty comedy, and Superbad is exactly how.
seana.May 28, 2008
On most occasions I would not write a review on a movie such as this one, however this movie was different to me, but not amazing. Superbad is one of those movies that has a good amount of jokes in the dialog but isn't outrageously On most occasions I would not write a review on a movie such as this one, however this movie was different to me, but not amazing. Superbad is one of those movies that has a good amount of jokes in the dialog but isn't outrageously stupid. Although the title and trailer would suggest that the movie will be a really stupid movie that any teenager will enjoy, it is not. It actually has a good story and although the movie is filled with foule mouthed humor, the words are strung together in a way that won't offend even the most offend able person on this planet. It was a great pleasure to watch and although I rented it, this will be a movie I will purchase to see as many times as I wish. Superbad isn't really super bad... but it does strike a spot in my heart, and although it can't be compared to "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" or many others I could list, It doesn't need to compare because it isn't the same kind of movie... it's a love story. Expand
AlexG.Apr 11, 2008
Thank god this film was of pure excellence because the name could have provided critics with an insult, "this film was super...baaad" but its an amazing film, good work Rogen and Golberg.
Ja-cog-cobPdudeMar 27, 2008
It was the best movie ever!!! I liked the "superbad" scenes!
BrianM.Mar 25, 2008
Everything about this film was amazing. don't listen to people who rate it lowly. they just think they're great because they didn't like it.
JonasH.Mar 18, 2008
This is the best movie I've seen for a long time. I'd say it's even better and more funny than American Pie, even though I'm a great fan of those.
NigelMar 17, 2008
best movie ever
AdamC.Feb 2, 2008
I loved this movie. It was like a Friday night out with you buddies as a teenager. Sure, it was a lot more outlandish, but hey, isn't that the point?
SteveM.Jan 23, 2008
This movie was absolutely, gut busting hilarious. The awkward moments, although a little difficult to watch, very accurately portrayed modern teen life. However, the movie would have done well with more Fogle. He was the real hero.
MichaelM.Jan 20, 2008
You really have to see "American Graffiti" to completely appreciate this movie, it's very reflexive of it. This new style of language and set-ups blows most other comedies out of the water. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen You really have to see "American Graffiti" to completely appreciate this movie, it's very reflexive of it. This new style of language and set-ups blows most other comedies out of the water. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen that also leaves a great feeling after watching it. Expand
KenC.Jan 15, 2008
Very funny - Starts off a little slow and rough (A little too much of the F word) - but had me rolling by the end. McLovin was great!!
StanS.Jan 9, 2008
If you don't enjoy talk of sex or porn or in general high-school-boy discussion then don't see this movie, but if you do then check it out because it is easily the funniest movie of the year.
AlanA.Dec 30, 2007
Superbad is Supergood Funny as hell the funniest high school movie. Or comedy for that matter. GO Apatow!
MyBackLocationDec 25, 2007
You scratch your back we'll scratch yours The funny thing about my back is that its located on my... end of story Superbad is a 10 for so many reason McLOVIN THE COPS THE BLOOD STAIN THE "drawings" end of story its a 10!
MatthewH.Dec 21, 2007
FANTASTIC FILM, had me laughing from start to finish!!!!!!
LDuDec 16, 2007
This movie's frickin hilarious and a little gross: Penis drawings, a chick having period. Yeah...the losers never get the girls in real life but who gives a shit cause this film is the best high school comedy I've seen in a long This movie's frickin hilarious and a little gross: Penis drawings, a chick having period. Yeah...the losers never get the girls in real life but who gives a shit cause this film is the best high school comedy I've seen in a long time. but don't go watch it with your girlfriend (watch knocked up instead), watch with friends. Expand
ButtM.Dec 15, 2007
"Not another teen movie was a lot funnier than this." are you fucking serious!? i don't even know how to begin addressing such a ridiculous statement. Superbad is one of the funniest movies i have ever seen period, but it's "Not another teen movie was a lot funnier than this." are you fucking serious!? i don't even know how to begin addressing such a ridiculous statement. Superbad is one of the funniest movies i have ever seen period, but it's definitely the kind of thing where you either get it or you don't. KEY POINT= IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BELIEVABLE, at least not in terms of the situations the characters get in. what makes the movie work is that the dialog and characters ARE believable, in and of themselves. Boom. Expand
MatthewL.Dec 15, 2007
Funny, but not hilarious like many others think it is. Also, a bit overrated because Jonah Hill went a little too over-the-top in this film. Like most of Apatow's films, it begins to fall apart toward the end.
JakeI.Dec 12, 2007
So fucking funny, and they didn't cut corners to make it politically correct or mask what high school really is, and it is, believe me, I'm a junior, i know how it goes down and that was the fucking funnies representation of it i So fucking funny, and they didn't cut corners to make it politically correct or mask what high school really is, and it is, believe me, I'm a junior, i know how it goes down and that was the fucking funnies representation of it i have ever seen. Comedy at its finest 10/10. Expand
MikeGDec 11, 2007
Very funny movie. However, after watching it a second time, it didn't seem all the funny to me. Sure there are some really funny moments, but it does seem a bit cliche at times. I would say out of the three films that Apatow has done, Very funny movie. However, after watching it a second time, it didn't seem all the funny to me. Sure there are some really funny moments, but it does seem a bit cliche at times. I would say out of the three films that Apatow has done, this is the least funny of them. Knocked up was probably the funniest, followed closely by The 40 Year Old Virgin. Expand
AlexDec 10, 2007
A brilliant comedy. It's almost as funny reading some of these reviews. Mark G!!! I think you missed the humor. Macho cops!? Um yeah, thats sort of the joke. And the cheesy sentiment! I think you missed something... I guess this movie A brilliant comedy. It's almost as funny reading some of these reviews. Mark G!!! I think you missed the humor. Macho cops!? Um yeah, thats sort of the joke. And the cheesy sentiment! I think you missed something... I guess this movie really demands a certain sense of humor. Some people just don't have it. Overall a great film for people who are not easily offended. Expand
ToryPDec 4, 2007
Great movie. Perhaps one of the best comedies that I've ever seen. It perfectly captures the awkwardness of the teen years (especially high school). I'm not sure why there are so many 0-5 scores. I guess some people just don't Great movie. Perhaps one of the best comedies that I've ever seen. It perfectly captures the awkwardness of the teen years (especially high school). I'm not sure why there are so many 0-5 scores. I guess some people just don't remember what it's like to be young. And yes the movie is crude but that by no means makes it instantly forgettable. It's sweet also. There's real emotion between Michael Cera and Jonah Hill's character's Seth and Evan. Get ready for one of the best comedies of the decade. Expand
HelloTHERE!Dec 4, 2007
Had it's funny moments but by no means as great as everyone made it out to be. I really only found Micheal Cera to be the funny part of the money. He has some charm to go along with the geekyness that I'm sure some of us can relate Had it's funny moments but by no means as great as everyone made it out to be. I really only found Micheal Cera to be the funny part of the money. He has some charm to go along with the geekyness that I'm sure some of us can relate to. Luved when he is talking to the girl in the hall and they say "bye" and start walking the same direction so he walks faster to get away from her. That's happen to me on several occasions... Expand
BenBDec 4, 2007
This movie is flat-out hilarious. Extremely crude, and not for all tastes, but those who enjoyed other Judd Apatow movies like Knocked Up will be very appreciative.
StandinDec 2, 2007
The best movie ever if you are male and haven't yet lost your soul
PavTNov 24, 2007
Hand Down The Best Comedy Of 2007! Get ready to laugh your way through the entire movie - its like American Pie Revisited. If you haven't seen this yet - the joke's on you!
BruceNov 23, 2007
Crude toilet humour, but very funny. I enjoyed it and laughed quite a lot!
WEEKSYBNov 22, 2007
It's amazingly well done. A return of the shock-comedy that Animal House did perfectly and nothing until now has bested.
SheaN.Nov 15, 2007
Only recent comedy with real life situations throughout. Just like my life. thats why I find it so hilarious. Awesome cast. Love the improv.
AdamH.Nov 10, 2007
I thought this was a documentary of my life for parts of this movie. Oh yes I know what being a loser is like and I think Apatow does too, but he definitely isn't one anymore. This is a comic masterpiece. Such funny dialogue and overall I thought this was a documentary of my life for parts of this movie. Oh yes I know what being a loser is like and I think Apatow does too, but he definitely isn't one anymore. This is a comic masterpiece. Such funny dialogue and overall just incredibly hilarious.... best movie of all time!!! From the first scene on I did not stop laughing! I was actually exhausted from watching a movie. Expand
RobertB.Nov 8, 2007
I watched this movie 3 times. It was the best comedy this year. I can't wait for it to come on dvd. Everything from Mclovin to the Cops were great.
SamBOct 22, 2007
Firstly, I loved this movie, mainly because I was expecting something crude (which it was) but stupid, something like the 40-year-old Virgin (which wasn't nearly as clever as it was stupid). Superbad is the opposite in this regard, as Firstly, I loved this movie, mainly because I was expecting something crude (which it was) but stupid, something like the 40-year-old Virgin (which wasn't nearly as clever as it was stupid). Superbad is the opposite in this regard, as while it still contained language that was probably even worse, jokes about terribly "icky" subjects such as periods, penises and penis drawings; it was original. Many people will say it was just like Knocked up, American Pie, etc. but I think it took the teen comedy genre down a much funnier path. I mean, the 40-year-old virgin and American pie relied mainly on "cringe" comedy, putting characters in situations that are funny because they are taboo or sexual (they are teen movies after all). While Superbad does use this type of comedy (hence the 8/10 instead of full marks), the larger laughs and more funny bits of the movie were completely original. I mean, penis drawings?! Mclovin?! It even had a (sort-of) moral at the end! The writing was brilliant, and for that reason, and possibly biased by my complete lack of faith in this movie prior to seeing it, I think it deserves a well earned 8/10. Also, to all reviewers who gave this 0/10 for being childish, vulgar, etc. What were you expecting? If you can't see through that, or can't understand why your cinema is erupting in laughter, then you should have known before you saw this that you wouldn't like it, so do yourself us a favour and don't watch these types of movie. Expand
bobbyh.Oct 11, 2007
great movie.
michaelr.Oct 10, 2007
It is the best teenage sex comedy since Porkys. and it is the best teenage comedy since American Graffiti.
ameliaOct 10, 2007
oh my god. fantastic. that's all i can say. LOVED LOVED LOVED it. It was hilarious. Brilliant.
VinnieOct 6, 2007
I don't know what the hell Wade is talking about because Judd Apatow didn't write nor direct this movie so to call it HIS gem is pretty stupid...its an alright movie, but Seth Rogen's (and Judd's) Knoacked up seems to be I don't know what the hell Wade is talking about because Judd Apatow didn't write nor direct this movie so to call it HIS gem is pretty stupid...its an alright movie, but Seth Rogen's (and Judd's) Knoacked up seems to be very much in the shadow of this film considering how much better that one was compared to Super Bad. Expand
MattTOct 5, 2007
By the way people, being a cop does not elevate you to some godlike status. My neighbor was a cop (he just moved like two days ago) and from that I can certainly tell you that some of them are immature ass hats. He was cool as hell though By the way people, being a cop does not elevate you to some godlike status. My neighbor was a cop (he just moved like two days ago) and from that I can certainly tell you that some of them are immature ass hats. He was cool as hell though but used his badge for fun every chance he could Expand
kevinrSep 27, 2007
b e, I'm sadly disappointed at your grammar (I and my friends). Also you say, "this is what older people thought high school to be like." In reality, Seth Rogen wrote the script with his friend, Evan Goldberg, when he was thirteen!b e, I'm sadly disappointed at your grammar (I and my friends). Also you say, "this is what older people thought high school to be like." In reality, Seth Rogen wrote the script with his friend, Evan Goldberg, when he was thirteen! Anyways, I thought this movie was so fucking hilarious. It is really only intended for a younger audience because we totally get it, but it's still every thing a comedy should be. Expand
WadeT.Sep 27, 2007
Another Apatow gem that accepts what society is and uncovers what's driving it. Two high school social outcasts face impending departures to college and try for one shot at teenage immortality by supplying booze to a end of year party. Another Apatow gem that accepts what society is and uncovers what's driving it. Two high school social outcasts face impending departures to college and try for one shot at teenage immortality by supplying booze to a end of year party. The simple chase to fine alcohol, and the possibility of drunken sex that drives it, is funny in that uncomfortably true way Apatow has for presenting down to earth situations. The teenagers in Superbad aren't role models, but they aren't horrible human beings either, they just seem plausible people with good and bad tendencies. Which is what drives much of the comedy as no matter how crude the language or scenarios presented, the main characters of Superbad carve out their own identities that seem relatable. Therefore the leads always appear just as lost as you would imagine two awkward teenagers out for a one shot at glory. Also, ladies don't kid yourselfs, you've all wound up with a less than Brad Pitt like love interest in your life. So these guys would have a shot with who they're after. Expand
KathrynSep 24, 2007
Funny but really crude. but i like crude. but even for me it was kind of awkward being a girl and sitting next to a bunch of guys and trying to watch this movie.
BJ.Sep 21, 2007
I laughed heartily ever one or two minutes.
RichardSep 21, 2007
Don't take it too seriously. the fact is, it was probably the funniest movie I've seen in my entire life.
JoJ.Sep 10, 2007
Superbad is easily the funniest movie of the summer and the year.
StephenS.Sep 9, 2007
I laughed my ass off, my wife did not enjoy the movie because i laughed too hard, when the credits rolled, I could not stand up from laughing, i had tears streaming down my face!!! i was in a euphoric state from this movie!!!
AaronC.Sep 9, 2007
As a high school senior this movie was the best comedy in my lifetime. That is of course with the exception of Tommy Boy.
NapW.Sep 7, 2007
The funniest film I've seen in years. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much.
8 of 9 users found this helpful
VidM.Sep 5, 2007
Superbad is superbomb.
[Anonymous]Sep 4, 2007
Really funny. Very different from the average white boys and their yearning to get laid because of the fabulously realistic style and perfect performances by very believable young actors. The cops are pretty funny as over the top slapstick also.
MorganPSep 3, 2007
Vulgar, hilarious, and, like knocked up, one of the most real, true-to-life comedies of the decade. It talks the way high school seniors talk and is hilarious every step of the way.
SimonMSep 3, 2007
The only reason I give it a 9 and not a 10 is because I was told it was comperable to Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I'm sorry this film is no Fast Times, it is still a great picture just not quite Fast Times great.
DavidDSep 2, 2007
The only reason other people are voting poorly for this movie is because the movie was not targeted towards them. The movie is hilarious and is mainly meant for teens/college kids. Others may enjoy it too, but that was their main target audience.
MylesSSep 2, 2007
AMAZINGLY funny movie! Don't believe the negative reviews people may post... this movie may be crude and uncouth quite a bit, but it works so well for it! You'll cheer for these guys... and you will laugh- a LOT!
FrancisSSep 1, 2007
aside from the dream-like cops, the movie is quite realistic. its a 10 if the cops were more like, well, cops.
AnonumusButtcheeksSep 1, 2007
Simply the funniest comedy movie ive ever seen (except for Borat 8-P). If your lookin' for *** and a good time, you will definitly love this.
JordanDAug 31, 2007
It just does not get any better than this, period. Non stop laughs leave you stomach in a cramp by the end. New comer Christopher MIntz Plasse stelas the show as Mclovin, and an allstar cast of hillarious actors make it even bettter. It just does not get any better than this, period. Non stop laughs leave you stomach in a cramp by the end. New comer Christopher MIntz Plasse stelas the show as Mclovin, and an allstar cast of hillarious actors make it even bettter. Funniest movie I have ever seen. Truely a must see! Expand
CraigF.Aug 31, 2007
This movie was real good. there were so many funny parts that made me think about things and i wouldn't have even thought of them myself. cops can actually be really hilarious, as this movie will show you. and it's not just what This movie was real good. there were so many funny parts that made me think about things and i wouldn't have even thought of them myself. cops can actually be really hilarious, as this movie will show you. and it's not just what you except. its also so much more. Expand
DanielW.Aug 31, 2007
A movie that lives up to, and outstrips, the hype. This movie is unbelievably vulgar, yet wise and witty at the same time. I can't think of a better portrayal of male friendship, indeed of maleness, in the movies recently.
BrianKAug 29, 2007
It did what many lesser comedies fail to do: make me laugh out loud throughout the entire film. Admittedly, there isn't much of a plot beyond three friends trying to get laid before leaving high school, causing me not to give Superbad a It did what many lesser comedies fail to do: make me laugh out loud throughout the entire film. Admittedly, there isn't much of a plot beyond three friends trying to get laid before leaving high school, causing me not to give Superbad a perfect score, but the lack of plot wasn't a huge problem. The film also contained curses in every other sentence, but the movie is aimed at the kinds of people who don't mind such language. In short, Superbad is a great comedy and Mclovin is a great character. Expand
SkeetK.Aug 27, 2007
This was the funniest movie I have ever seen. It tops old school and American pie on my all time favorites list. I never stopped laughing. MCLOVIN!!!!!
DeklandB.Aug 26, 2007
Superbad is a much needed alternative to todays irritatingly unrealistic superficial toyline-based teeny bopper "bitch flicks". It's perfectly awkward, real, and while raunchy and inappropriate, still possesses an overwhelming and Superbad is a much needed alternative to todays irritatingly unrealistic superficial toyline-based teeny bopper "bitch flicks". It's perfectly awkward, real, and while raunchy and inappropriate, still possesses an overwhelming and charming sincerity. Expand
EvanNAug 26, 2007
Funny because it's true. Superbad captures the late teen mindset perfectly. The dialogue passes as uncontrived, lending to its believability. Simply a great film, with a great story line that many can relate to. Just not one to see with Funny because it's true. Superbad captures the late teen mindset perfectly. The dialogue passes as uncontrived, lending to its believability. Simply a great film, with a great story line that many can relate to. Just not one to see with the parents. Expand