5.4

1. Jan 11, 2011
    This film is the greatest comedy movie I've seen. It's so funny, I can't stop laughing. If you like a kind of that comedy, don't miss this movie. Believe me!
  2. Jan 9, 2011
    The best spoof movie I ever watched.
  3. Oct 1, 2012
    Superhero Movie is not a completely satisfying comedy film. It works to an extent as an accurate Spider-Man parody. It has serviceable comedy performances from Drake Bell, Christopher McDonald and Leslie Nielsen and has an amusing minor role for Jeffrey Tambor, and the whole cast make the very best they can of writer/director Craig Mazin's mostly uninspiring script. The film is far weaker when the story veers off on tangents and tries to spoof films other than Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films in obvious and embarrassingly unfunny ways, particularly criminal is the offensively bad X-Men parody featuring Tracy Morgan. Since it does make you laugh now and again (mostly from ZAZ-influenced jokes that likely resulted from David Zucker serving as one of the film's producers), Superhero Movie is definitely on the better side of bad films, and is far superior to the woeful Epic Movie and Disaster Movie. It's just a shame that it's not more consistently funny, as there is little left to hide Craig Mazin's pretty sloppy filmmaking technique when you're not laughing. At the end of the day, being "the best of the Scary Movie spin-offs" isn't really much of an accolade. Expand
  4. Jul 14, 2013
    Superhero Movie just needs a psychiatrist. It's so stupid, that I would watch Troll 2 again instead of watching this piece of crap. Every character goes s**t in this movie. Craig Mazin doesn't know what Spiderman or sex jokes are if you used a spoof in a film. The actors FART in this film.
  5. Apr 9, 2011
    Yes, there were indeed some unfunny parts in the movie, but all the other funny jokes made me laugh so hard that tears came out of my eyes. Overall, very good parody of one of my favorite movie genres!
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    Don't listen to the hate, I loved it. I found it to be very hilarious. Some people just TRY to find flaws and not laugh to make the movie look like it sucks, it doesn't. Hilarious movie. Oddly enough, spoof movies suck but, this doesn't.
  7. Mar 10, 2011
    If you ever watched one of the Scary Movies you'll feel the writers sense of humor throughout this movie, an excellent parody of super hero movie like X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, and more, a hilarious movie, if your a fan of the Scary Movie series, than this is a must see.
  8. Aug 25, 2014
    This movie actually had a consistent plot, and it made me chuckle and laught at various points thorough.

While shamelessly borrowing ideas, scenes, and dialogue from other movies, "Superhero Movie" manages to hold itself together to the very end. There is nothing we haven't seen before, but that is the point, isn't it?
  9. Sep 2, 2012
    This movie tried to copy scary movie. I don't want to see any other type of these films again. Not funny, irritating, and insulting to movies as a whole. Completely and utterly stupid.
  10. Dec 13, 2012
    The only thing this movie has going for it is that it quickly fades into obscurity not too long after you have seen it. Not the atrocity Meet The Spartans is, but still quite bad and uninspired.
  11. Jan 1, 2014
    This isn't the worst parody film ever made, but Superhero Movie does lack in laughs (with an exception of Leslie Neilson) and it's special effects are typical of it's genre. Drake Bell is ok.
  12. May 12, 2013
    Believe me, this movie is a spoof, and all spoofs are always terrible, no question. Intimidated by this movie, seriously? Even a 7 year old can write better than this. But a 30 year old can't, BEYOND terrible.
  13. Jul 23, 2013
    I'm not one to like spoof movies other than the first 2 Scary Movies. Superhero movie I think is a great spoof film. It's one of few other spoof movies that really focuses on plot and character development. Not to mention the jokes. Adding Leslie Nielsen was the right move to make a funny Spoof film.
  14. Aug 5, 2013
    In an age of atrocious parodies, Superhero Movie is almost like a sigh of relief, no it wasn't necessarily a good parody film, but it was a lot funnier than the majority of them being made these years.

Undiscriminating comedy fans hungering for the High School High of superhero parodies need look no further.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    This abysmal "Spider-Man" satire has more in common with the lamentable spate of "Epic" and "Date Movies" than Zucker and Nielsen's truly funny "Naked Gun" series.
  3. Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    Predictable, flat, full of name-dropping, tragically unhip, and likely to make a decent amount of cash.