United Artists | Release Date: January 14, 2000
4.5
Mixed or average reviews based on 26 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
smartypants1Jun 9, 2005
One of three movies I've ever walked out on... after 5 mintues.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
LewisB.May 5, 2007
Spider-Man 3 is the Lawrence Of Arabia of the superhero movies world. It is epic, sprawling, magnificent, meaningful, beautiful. Anyone who doesn't enjoy this movie must be a pretty spoilt brat or a cynical old misery. For near on three Spider-Man 3 is the Lawrence Of Arabia of the superhero movies world. It is epic, sprawling, magnificent, meaningful, beautiful. Anyone who doesn't enjoy this movie must be a pretty spoilt brat or a cynical old misery. For near on three hours it envelops you in its world and makes you CARE about the characters. How's that for a special effects laden blockbuster, a movie with characters that matter? The comedy works, the emotion works, the action works. Everything Raimi tries comes off. The set pieces are particularly astounding, ranging from an out of control crane to Spidey's numerous battles with the meaty villains on show. Like others, I think this is by far the best of the three (though I loved the first two as well). It's a modern-day classic, an enrapturing fantasy that exhibits all that's best in modern movie making. An experience not to be missed. Expand
0 of 6 users found this helpful
RichardAug 14, 2002
Crap, crap, crap. A concept that never germinated into any kind of playable action, with the actors reduced to showing off buff physiques and trying to say their lines with a straight face.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
Annoymous1Jan 15, 2013
Really bad movie. Expected higher quality but instead i get garbage. Just a waste of time and we could watch better movies. Terrible SFX, terrible voicing, terrible story, what else?
pypesApr 30, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the worst movies I've watched in a long time. The pacing is all over the place, only one character was remotely relate-able, and while some of the CGI is passable the practical special effects are laughably bad on any budget.

I also feel like it's one of those movies that give the genre a bad name, the plot is essentially: ship breaks, evil guy turns up with shiny MacGuffin, tries to kill everyone, dies, ship fixed, survivors fly off into the sunset. It lacks any substance, and most of the decisions characters make have more to do with eeking out another 10 minutes of running time than solving the issues at hand..